Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,144
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526446 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent design should include that not only the holy god created the universe, but that the same god created and creates EVIL.
In modern religious "classes" ... they leave out the juicy part of the theology to try to pretty UP the religion as being inviting to the children.
The old-time religious classes were all about burning in hellfire and damnation to the sinners.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
I believe if anyone wants ID taught in school, then I believe the details of all major religious theories be taught side-by-side.

Including mine.

What's wrong with updating Bronze Age science?

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526447 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hell June, I would not use the word "special" either.
It is true however, that humans do in fact have "dominion" over them.
Disclaimer: In NO way did I say that it is Biblically ordained or directed.
What I mean is that humans have certain physical traits which distinguish them from all other life forms here on this planet. Humans have complex speech and can and do organize together towards common goals, which is often detrimental to other species.
Humans have minds capable of deductive reasoning to a degree that is not found in other life forms here. Humans have the advantage over the other life forms because humans are tool makers and their tools can and do, "manage" populations of other species at will.
Humans have written laws which also say that some other animal species are "property" of humans. Do you have a pet June?
Humanity was planted by what we know today as UFOs.

That is the only rational explanation.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526448 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If they questioned what created the god that created the universe,
...!
That is a fool's errand June.
The assumption has to be that something, some entity, some energy, some other uh, "thing" existed at all times.

No matter what "origin" theory one subscribes to, there had to be something already present, even with the big bang theory, there had to be something present which would "bang". Furthermore on the big bang theory, there also had to be some other "thing" acting upon the "things" which would "bang", which caused those things to bang.
Correct?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526449 Apr 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
We need to expand our minds.
Science needs to include my God as a possible answer in all further study of the formation of the universe.
After all, no one can PROVE that my God does NOT exist.
Plus my God makes way more sense that Bible god. More moral, not prone to fits of rage, stuff like that.
Ramen
BWAAAAGGHHHH Ramen is a softy who does nothing but laugh at the theologians that fuss over whether Adam had or didn't have a belly button.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

No God-fearing man, the preacher demanded, would have put a belly-button on Adam.
At one time Adam's navel was a subject to try men's souls with theologians lined up on each side of the issue, each side denouncing the conclusion of the other. The pro-navel faction contended that God made the first man perfect and that he would have been imperfect without the navel. Anti-navelists argued that Adam was created instead of being born, thus not needing the umbilical cord attachment plug.
Flemmons further explains, "Five hundred years ago, when the matter was most heated, painters of Adam had a choice. Many took a cowardly path, blocking the view with a fig leaf or some other artist's ploy. Some left off the dab of paint which would have represented a navel. Others gave him a navel. Raphael did. And Michaelangelo."

http://cecilhook.net/pdf/Belly-Button_Controv...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526450 Apr 2, 2014
"Evolution to blame for bad backs, dropped arches and impacted wisdom teeth, say scientists"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/evolution/...

Morons.

UFOs!

Prince George, Canada

#526451 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think this > "Other animals existed long before humans" is true and correct June?
Does mankind's lack of proof of any "thing" existing mean that all those things of which man is unaware, do not exist?
Did the colossal squid just come into being when man first "discovered" it, or did it exist long before man caught his first glimpse of it?
If there is any credibility in the alien theories of man's advent here on Earth, who here, is to say that "humans" were not also present when the first animals "showed up"? Seeing a hostile environment here at that time, could have realistically caused the "humans" to leave ... perhaps until a later time.
People believe whatever they choose to believe.

To claim to know truth is another "matter."

Location hidden

#526452 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning ... what created a god to in turn create the universe???
It makes no sense.
Yes it does if you realize that something had to exist "forever" in the "beginning". If you keep following the "what created what" line, you will find it is a circle which never ends.

Now we are back to IF there was a "beginning" in the first place.
You already said you suspect that there was not.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526453 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
The assumption has to be that something, some entity, some energy, some other uh, "thing" existed at all times.
No matter what "origin" theory one subscribes to, there had to be something already present, even with the big bang theory, there had to be something present which would "bang". Furthermore on the big bang theory, there also had to be some other "thing" acting upon the "things" which would "bang", which caused those things to bang.
Correct?
Thank you.

My God has always existed.

To learn more about my God, please consider the beliefs of Einstein. Even if I'm not, but I'll be he was just as small as you.

Come to the lite of reality.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#526454 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what "origin" theory one subscribes to, there had to be something already present,
I agree, and that is why I tend to lean more to the "theory" that the universe always existed in one form or another.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The universe has always been here.

In General Relativity, the Big Bang is a spacetime singularity. What that means is that as you go backwards in time, you eventually run out of time (or, more accurately, out of spacetime). The path back in time cannot be extended beyond 13.7 billion years or so. There is no time before this.

What this means is that there was never a time when the universe didnít exist. It has always been here.

http://physicalism.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/t...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526455 Apr 2, 2014
20 pages of Creationist posts to get to the point:

*Preceding the Big Bang, something must have always existed.*

Phew, finally.

Location hidden

#526456 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Atheists and Agnostics can be fanatic, but you won't catch them burning others at the stake in the belief that a god ordained the killing.
And you won't catch them preaching that Jesus wants homosexuals stoned to death.
And you won't catch them preaching that "God" wants over two hundred different death penalties put into law because the god is offended by human behavior .... et cetera, et cetera, et cetera..........
That was my point.
"Of course Atheists and Agnostics can be fanatic, but you won't catch them burning others at the stake in the belief that a god ordained the killing.'
Really? WOW ! <rolls eyes>
June, June, June, They do not believe that "God" exists or that a "God" exists that is much different than so far portrayed. That being said, it is ridiculous to say that they would do anything at all in the name of a "God". geeeeeeeez girl

What history has shown however, is that agnostics and atheists have in fact slaughtered hordes of "believing" humans in the belief that they were crazy or something.
That fact certainly is no ground to base your ridiculous argument that ONLY "believers" kill their fellow man because they thought they had a right or a duty to do so.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526457 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In other religions they ARE talked about and Jesus is NOT talked about.
Muslim "scholars" talk about Mohammad and the coming of the 12th Imam.
Hindus talk about Krishna ... NOT Jesus.
You'll get it, if you keep trying.
How stupid of me, I mean them with billions of followers and all, with exception to them muslims. whom basically worship the same God as Christians..
Shockalocka

Stuarts Draft, VA

#526458 Apr 2, 2014
Shockalocka wrote:
The Bible says he was followed by Jews or Gentiles? St. Peter who not only was Jesus's friend was first Catholic and Pope.
Elaborate please... I follow the New Testament as do all Catholics. Jesus was a real human as was Peter. Therefor further explanation would be irrelevant. These are documented people. You are not forced to believe so why do you feel you must disagree so publicly? It's your free will.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#526459 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is your right to believe such silliness.
But you won't answer any of my questions ... such as, "If the supposed creator was offended by homosexuality ... how come there are at least 1500 non-human animals that are homosexual in their natures?"
Now you will go to PREACH another subject and avoid this one.
Preaching religion is you calling your self to the podium.
1st - hogwash! but, be that as it may;

the whole earth suffers from the corrupt consequences of sin that you and i brought into it and therefore "it groans together with us waiting eagerly for our complete redemption" - my paraphrase.

apology?:-)

Location hidden

#526460 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
How many versions are there?
Several variations of it.
What is your version of it that you wish me to comment on?

Location hidden

#526461 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
How many versions are there?
In your theory of evolution, do you believe that evolution is a one way progression with the "ultimate" of evolution being the creature called homo sapien?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#526462 Apr 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
Hopefully your muslim murdering brothers will "find you". It has been obvious for a very long time you are no Christian. You pro-muslim statement speaks for itself.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Islam borrowed from Christianity and Judaism, while incorporating the personal thoughts of Muhammad. He was a false prophet. Most Muslims aren't fanatics at all. Most Christians aren't either.
Muhammad believed he had the 'word of God'. So do you, Confrint, Joseph Smith, Ox, David Koresh....
The only difference is Muhammad and Joseph Smith had the guts to write their own Bible while others just take someone else's; apply their own unguided interpretations and call it the " Word of God ". Its crazy.. you've completely unraveled the Eucharist (and go as far to mock it), Baptism, Sacraments, Priesthood, the complete canon of scripture, everything! Yet u still say you have the word of God? You're just another Muhammad. You've essentially wrote your own Bible using our words.. Take note Rose, Marge.... don't follow these men.
Take note Liam. The Roman Catholic church/Roman Empire is responsible for more deaths than any organization that has ever inhabited this planet. Nobody with one active brain cell would trust a murdering rouge "religious" cult like yours.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#526463 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
If you are correct and He gives equal opportunity to all through his Son -- please explain why there are so many Christians in the West (where the RCC held sway) and so few in the East and Middle East where the RCC had little or no influence.
If the "opportunity" were "equal," shouldn't Christianity be equally distributed around the world?
The "equal opportunity" claim is as June says Bunkology.
Come to the truth.
Ramen
because there's evil dorks just like you all over the world and when they get in power they make it illegal to publically confess Jesus as God.

y'all will get yours in the end though.....
Shockalocka

Stuarts Draft, VA

#526464 Apr 2, 2014
Sorry that was to June.

Prince George, Canada

#526465 Apr 2, 2014
20 pages of Creationist posts to get to the point:
*Preceding the Big Bang, something must have always existed.*
Phew, finally.
Whether someone in religion, or an Atheist claims they know truth ... that person ought to be pointed out immediately as being a "deceiver."

It is one issue to favor a specific theory, and it's quite another to BRAG of knowing truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 min Cultastic 9,179
News A most reluctant crusader 3 hr Polaris 11
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr fedupwiththemess 84,042
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 11 hr SpaceBlues 6
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Sat Erkek Turk 19
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... Apr 18 Chuck 22
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Apr 16 ELIAS IBARRA 51
More from around the web