Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603334 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526391 Apr 2, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I knew that - I would be famous.
:o)
The origin of life - for anywhere - is still quite the mystery, huh?
"If I knew that - I would be famous."
Not if you kept your mouth shut eh.

I am more concerned with what life is, as verses when it started. Aside from the "life at conception" issue that is.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#526392 Apr 2, 2014
"Why do people reject Jesus as their Savior?"

Answer: The decision to accept or reject Jesus as Savior is the ultimate life decision. Why do many people choose to reject Jesus as Savior? There are perhaps as many different reasons for rejecting Christ as there are people who reject Him, but the following four reasons can serve as general categories:

1) Some people do not think they need a savior. These people consider themselves to be “basically good” and do not realize that they, like all people, are sinners who cannot come to God on their own terms. But Jesus said,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”(John 14:6). Those who reject Christ will not be able to stand before God and successfully plead their own case on their own merits.

2) The fear of social rejection or persecution deters some people from receiving Christ as Savior. The unbelievers in John 12:42-43 would not confess Christ because they were more concerned with their status among their peers than doing God’s will. These were the Pharisees whose love of position and the esteem of others blinded them,“for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.”

3) For some people, the things that the present world has to offer are more appealing than eternal things. We read the story of such a man in Matthew 19:16-23. This man was not willing to lose his earthly possessions in order to gain an eternal relationship with Jesus (see also 2 Corinthians 4:16-18).

4) Many people are simply resisting the Holy Spirit’s attempts to draw them to faith in Christ. Stephen, a leader in the early church, told those who were about to murder him,“You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!”(Acts 7:51). The apostle Paul made a similar statement to a group of gospel rejecters in Acts 28:23-27.

Whatever the reasons why people reject Jesus Christ, their rejection has disastrous eternal consequences.“There is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” than the name of Jesus (Acts 4:12), and those who reject Him, for whatever reason, face an eternity in the “outer darkness” of hell where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth”(Matthew 25:30).

www.gotquestions.org/reject-Jesus .

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526393 Apr 2, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishops of Bling!
...so much for the poor people in those dioceses. Very sad.
Unbelievable!
They will see their own families go without comforts to in turn "tithe" to the church, because they believe GOD expects it of them.

Train them up in the ways of the theologians, and they will follow.

Location hidden

#526394 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not angry at the people, but angry at the religion that screwed-up the minds of the people.
Robert is very fond of John Chrysostom's golden tongue, even after he found out that John stated that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.
That is as vile as Mother Teresa wanting suffering to exist as long as "Jesus" wants it to be so.
The religion is a mess, and until people become angry at the dogmas, to in turn walk away from the dogmas, and find peace within ... they will be of the mindset of Robert F ... "HO HUM ... who cares that the church fathers were murderers and liars??? Jesus loves them and me ... anyway!"
Bunkology!
There it is again June. You're blaming all the suffering on a "God" which you say does not exist and ignoring man's role in that suffering ... both in the cause and the elimination thereof.

Location hidden

#526395 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not angry at the people, but angry at the religion that screwed-up the minds of the people.
Robert is very fond of John Chrysostom's golden tongue, even after he found out that John stated that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.
That is as vile as Mother Teresa wanting suffering to exist as long as "Jesus" wants it to be so.
The religion is a mess, and until people become angry at the dogmas, to in turn walk away from the dogmas, and find peace within ... they will be of the mindset of Robert F ... "HO HUM ... who cares that the church fathers were murderers and liars??? Jesus loves them and me ... anyway!"
Bunkology!
Simple question for you June.
Is man a part of nature?
or
Is man apart from nature?

Prince George, Canada

#526396 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> surely you jest? Most Scholars and Historians believe he existed June. you think they just interjected a fictional character into their story?
The word scholar ought to be ignored as having any significance whatsoever.

Those same men that believe Jesus existed will state in the affirmative that all the saviors in the other religions did NOT exist.

"TINK about it," says Mrs. Brown.

:)

Location hidden

#526397 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you continually want to set the other Christians on the strait and narrow path by aligning their thoughts to what you perceive would be the thoughts of Jesus.
It's the same old story from all Christians ... Gnostic, or Catholic or Protestant ... "Jesus had and/or has the same "spiritual" thinking as ME. That is what makes me so WISE."
Still do not know what a gnostic is I see June.

How about this one June.
What, if anything, does Gnosticism have to do with say, the aboriginal people in Australia?

Location hidden

#526398 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that a creator exists to flirt with believers "IS" organized religion. It occurs in one human head at a time, and when multiplied by right-fighting billions of religious humans it ends up with an world organization of barbaric divisive idiocy. "My religion is based on the only truth in the universe and all other religions are based on lies."
Non-humans animals don't suffer from such ignorance.
Is man a part of nature June?

Location hidden

#526399 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason there would be many gods. Men created them in the male image.
And those who believe in god never seem to question, Where did the god come from ... if there was NOTHING?"
Horsepucky June.
Christians that I know question that all the time.
You are simply incorrect on that.

Prince George, Canada

#526400 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Seeing how no other Jesus or God is talked about more than the ones in the Christian Bible, your question is kinda ridiculous.
If we were on a Muslim forum ... the discussion would be based around the truth of Islam and how the 12th Imam (the Mahdi) is expected soon to take the HOLY Muslims to PARADISE.

If you stand outside of the religious circles, you will clearly see that they all defend their own closed-in circles as being based on truth.

There is something very disconnected concerning that picture.

Location hidden

#526401 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason there would be many gods. Men created them in the male image.
And those who believe in god never seem to question, Where did the god come from ... if there was NOTHING?"
BTW June, you are also incorrect in your assessment that they (people of all religious persuasions) say "there was nothing" dear, they ALL say something to the effect of "In the beginning, there was _________." (fill in the blank with whatever "God" origin applies)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526402 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word scholar ought to be ignored as having any significance whatsoever.
Those same men that believe Jesus existed will state in the affirmative that all the saviors in the other religions did NOT exist.
"TINK about it," says Mrs. Brown.
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QarofaycN3cXX
We are not talking about the other "saviors" How do they or anyone know that it isn't the same "savior" ? people relate to what their culture is and speak as culture speaks, In other words, it could be the same for anything, but just different culturly..

Location hidden

#526403 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists and Agnostics do not grab a bible or any other so-called holy-literature, and claim that a god wants them to preach at others how to HOLY, or SAVED and threaten others with hells if others don't OBEY.
That pertains ONLY to those in religion.
Well gee June, who would have thought that?
<rolls eyes>

The point was about "fanaticism" dear. There are fanatics in ALL walks of life.
You, my dear, are a fanatic with your own axe to grind.
<smile>

Prince George, Canada

#526404 Apr 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Good Morning to all my dear loving friends!!! Hope you all have a beautiful Spring day today...How about a.Group Hug!!! lol
I watched the pope kiss the Qur'an years ago, and thought about how at the same time his Catholic missionaries were in Muslim countries telling the Muslims that their religion was evil.

That was quite the group HUG.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526405 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were on a Muslim forum ... the discussion would be based around the truth of Islam and how the 12th Imam (the Mahdi) is expected soon to take the HOLY Muslims to PARADISE.
If you stand outside of the religious circles, you will clearly see that they all defend their own closed-in circles as being based on truth.
There is something very disconnected concerning that picture.
I agree with you, but according to Jesus, No one comes to the father, except through me..

Location hidden

#526406 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists and Agnostics do not grab a bible or any other so-called holy-literature, and claim that a god wants them to preach at others how to HOLY, or SAVED and threaten others with hells if others don't OBEY.
That pertains ONLY to those in religion.
"Atheists and Agnostics do not grab a bible or any other so-called holy-literature"
Yes you do June. You quote them every day. You do it all the damn time and then add;

wait for it;

wait;

BUNKOLOGY

<smile>

Location hidden

#526407 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Christians are losing many to the Wiccan and new-age Gnostic religions, et cetera.
So?
Big deal.
What is your point?

Prince George, Canada

#526408 Apr 2, 2014
LTM wrote:
"Who was the first Jew?"
Words were continually morphed to suit the mentalities of the theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Jew (word)

It thus ultimately originates in the Biblical Hebrew word Yehudi meaning "from the Tribe of Judah", "from the Kingdom of Judah, or "Jew".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew_ (word)

Location hidden

#526409 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe that Jesus ever existed, so it's no skin off my nose if they vilify that image ... OR praise it.
I believe all religion is mythical Bunk.
teresting.
If any of ^that^ crap is true June, then one is left to wonder why it is that you act as if it takes some skin off your nose when someone here does praise "it" and then you proceed to vilify that poster, bash their beliefs, call them names, and conclude with your classic move.
"BUNKOLOGY" .

Prince George, Canada

#526410 Apr 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
What are these neo-fundies trying to say?
Should the "intelligent design" be taught in school science classes?
I suggest that if the theory of evolution were given equal time in the classes, it would be fair, as then the children could decide on their own which makes more sense to THEM.

Religion dictates that it is based on truth. Science relies on the word "theory."

It's not fair to brain-wash children and bully them into specific religious beliefs.

Not fair at all!

Children grow into adults, and when they find out that religion didn't give them choice to think on their own ... many will hopefully say ... "NO MORE!!! I want to choose my own belief."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Passing thru 84,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 12 hr Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web