Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688731 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526572 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is science seeking the truth?
In all areas?
What compels science, or rather, more accurately perhaps, a scientist to engage the scientific method for proof of any theory?
What about the scientific method would you change?
<quoted text>
You seem to think that I oppose science. You are incorrect.
Again, What compels science, or rather, more accurately perhaps, a scientist to engage the scientific method for proof of any theory?
You have stated that there is no compelling reason for science to engage in "finding God" (paraphrased). Correct?
What is the "compelling reason" for science to engage in "finding" out anything?
Another pointless question, with many "right" answers. What do you think compels scientists to find anything?

I said that science does not concern itself with finding god, or anything mystical.

All science begins with the assumption that there is a natural cause for everything.

Science does not assume a mystical or supernatural cause.

Otherwise for example, if a scientist were trying to discover the cause of lightning, how many natural causes do you believe the scientist would have to eliminate before he explained that "it must be an act of God."

I'm not saying that Medieval science wasn't great. I just don't believe you have a good understanding of modern science, what it is and what it is not.

I like having a rational God, for whom I do not need to ignore the lessons of physical reality.

I am grateful for all the discoveries. I believe knowing more about the universe allows me to understand God better.

Try it.

Ramen.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#526573 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You could serve the tea and maybe make some of them finger sandwiches..
And obey the rules of silence???

:)

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526574 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You could serve the tea and maybe make some of them finger sandwiches..
Do you suppose we could get her to wash our feet if we take off our sandals? I'd be OK if she used a towel instead of her hair.
<wink>
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526575 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
hhhhhmmmmmm
1/2 credit at best.
Belief in Jesus is belief in either modern Gnosticism, Protestantism or Catholicism, and they are all religions.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526576 Apr 2, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
So you follow the rules of your own religion.
Well, now at least you admit you have a religion.
It was a Freudian slip!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526577 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Had I actually done which you accuse,(equating) I would not have placed the two separate thoughts in separate sentences and separate paragraphs.
There also was a disclaimer which said that I was not speaking of "dominion" as a Biblical or other "religious" source for the concept of "dominion". Note the quotation marks are also in my prior post.
My remarks were specifically pointing out that man does dominate the other species at will, and it is because we are "special" (to use June's word). The point of June's was that man is an animal but not "special" in comparison.
Reread it without your preconceived "Christian" stereotype.
I agree that words often lose much in translation.
In what way is man "special?"

Again, you keep beating around the bush.

Are you trying to say that man was put here by UFOs and is not a part of nature?

No big deal, as long as you realize it's all wishful speculation. I agree that I have no proof of UFOs.

But there have been many UFO sightings from reliable sources like pilots, so I believe I have as much evidence for my speculation as you do for yours.

Ramen

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526578 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And obey the rules of silence???
Sure, why not? just make sure you wear that pretty Catholic skirt :)
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526579 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose we could get her to wash our feet if we take off our sandals? <wink>
If you're lucky, you might get this "divine" treatment.

And by the way, note the word "smallest." Had he been honest, he would have used the word "heretic."

Shysters.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Pope washes feet of young Muslim woman prisoner in unprecedented twist on Maundy Thursday

While popes have for centuries washed the feet of the faithful on the day before Good Friday, never before had a pontiff washed the feet of a woman. That one of the female inmates at the prison in Rome was also a Serbian Muslim was also a break with tradition.

“There is no better way to show his service for the smallest, for the least fortunate,” said Gaetano Greco, a local chaplain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...

Location hidden

#526580 Apr 2, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now at least you admit you have a religion.
But join the club: Christians typically only follow the rules the want to follow.
Wrong again! I am not a "Liberal Christian" either, if you play chess like you do about assuming stuff about me, I could beat you in 2 moves..

Location hidden

#526581 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a Freudian slip!
I don't even know what that means..

Location hidden

#526582 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose we could get her to wash our feet if we take off our sandals? I'd be OK if she used a towel instead of her hair.
<wink>
HaHaHa!

Location hidden

#526583 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're lucky, you might get this "divine" treatment.
And by the way, note the word "smallest." Had he been honest, he would have used the word "heretic."
Shysters.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Pope washes feet of young Muslim woman prisoner in unprecedented twist on Maundy Thursday
While popes have for centuries washed the feet of the faithful on the day before Good Friday, never before had a pontiff washed the feet of a woman. That one of the female inmates at the prison in Rome was also a Serbian Muslim was also a break with tradition.
“There is no better way to show his service for the smallest, for the least fortunate,” said Gaetano Greco, a local chaplain.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...
June, that sounds naughty, Are you being frisky?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526584 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with teaching that man currently does not know the origin?
That is after all, the whole truth of it.
The origin of what? The species?

You can believe science or not. What other evidence do you have?

Faith?

Faith is call faith for a reason.

You are looking for plausibility. Anything. I get it.

I have plausibility for my UFO beliefs.

Ramen
Chess

Columbus, OH

#526585 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong again! I am not a "Liberal Christian" either, if you play chess like you do about assuming stuff about me, I could beat you in 2 moves..
You're pretending, goofy.

From your own words:
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> ...I do not follow any rules of any religion but my own....

Now that we got that you have a religion, let's move forward and see how silly it is.

Check.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526586 Apr 2, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
""He who follows Me, walks not in darkness," says the Lord.(John 8:12) By these words of Christ we are advised to imitate His life and habits, if we wish to be truly enlightened and free from all blindness of heart. Let our chief effort, therefore, be to study the life of Jesus Christ."
(Imitation of Christ - Thomas a Kempis)
Yes!

"imitate His life and habits"

What a great concept.

Make one's faith real by living it in the real world.

That seems so obvious. How come so few actually study the words of Jesus with that goal?

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526587 Apr 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way is man "special?"
Again, you keep beating around the bush.
Are you trying to say that man was put here by UFOs and is not a part of nature?
No big deal, as long as you realize it's all wishful speculation. I agree that I have no proof of UFOs.
But there have been many UFO sightings from reliable sources like pilots, so I believe I have as much evidence for my speculation as you do for yours.
Ramen
Maybe it's true that wise creatures from outer space decided to dump their garbage of human-beings on earth and flee back home in the assurance that the humans had no way of following them.

Location hidden

#526588 Apr 2, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending, goofy.
From your own words:
<quoted text>
Now that we got that you have a religion, let's move forward and see how silly it is.
Check.
Dude, my Religion consists of sex and drugs. Hence my username.. Checkmate!
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526589 Apr 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
"imitate His life and habits"
What a great concept.
Make one's faith real by living it in the real world.
That seems so obvious. How come so few actually study the words of Jesus with that goal?
Ramen
Yeah RIGHT!

According to the Catholics, first Jesus abandons the Jews and wants them slayed, andthen he has his name added to a book where he and his authors believe in hell and eternal torment FOR the same Jews he at one time taught when he was a Rabbi!

Follow Jesus as a master of truth??? I think NOT!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526590 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
If a whale can evolve into an elephant, can an elephant evolve into a whale?
Have you ever actually studied the theory of evolution - objectively?

DNA sequence, fossil records, study of biology, etc. tell us that sea creatures evolved into land animals (like elephants), some of which re-entered the sea and became sea mammals like whales. So in theory, I suppose that could happen.

Unless maybe the devil planted all the false evidence to fool mankind.

I also believe that bats are not birds, and rabbits do not chew their cud. Does that bother you too?

Today, man can trace the sequential changes in DNA from era to era, from species to species. It is truly amazing. The complexity seems overwhelming, but is well understood and documented by all relevant scientific disciplines.

There is no missing link.

If your faith says otherwise, no need to misrepresent science. Just say its your faith. No need for 20 pages of mish-mash.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526591 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> June, that sounds naughty, Are you being frisky?
If the pope wanted to wash my feet, I would ask him if he believes Atheists will be in heaven with him.

THAT would put him on the spot. He would have to show his true "colors" and climb out from under his heap of manure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web