Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#526424 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well gee June, who would have thought that?
<rolls eyes>
The point was about "fanaticism" dear. There are fanatics in ALL walks of life.
You, my dear, are a fanatic with your own axe to grind.
<smile>
Of course Atheists and Agnostics can be fanatic, but you won't catch them burning others at the stake in the belief that a god ordained the killing.

And you won't catch them preaching that Jesus wants homosexuals stoned to death.

And you won't catch them preaching that "God" wants over two hundred different death penalties put into law because the god is offended by human behavior .... et cetera, et cetera, et cetera..........

That was my point.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526425 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you, but according to Jesus, No one comes to the father, except through me..
You missed my point entirely.

If you had been raised as a Muslim, you would not think as a Christian.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
If we were on a Muslim forum ... the discussion would be based around the truth of Islam and how the 12th Imam (the Mahdi) is expected soon to take the HOLY Muslims to PARADISE.
If you stand outside of the religious circles, you will clearly see that they all defend their own closed-in circles as being based on truth.
There is something very disconnected concerning that picture.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#526426 Apr 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Islam borrowed from Christianity and Judaism, while incorporating the personal thoughts of Muhammad. He was a false prophet. Most Muslims aren't fanatics at all. Most Christians aren't either.
Muhammad believed he had the 'word of God'. So do you, Confrint, Joseph Smith, Ox, David Koresh....
The only difference is Muhammad and Joseph Smith had the guts to write their own Bible while others just take someone else's; apply their own unguided interpretations and call it the " Word of God ". Its crazy.. you've completely unraveled the Eucharist (and go as far to mock it), Baptism, Sacraments, Priesthood, the complete canon of scripture, everything! Yet u still say you have the word of God? You're just another Muhammad. You've essentially wrote your own Bible using our words.. Take note Rose, Marge.... don't follow these men.
4Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know! 5Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526427 Apr 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
Should science be seeking the truth? The scientific method should be changed.
Ramen
Is science seeking the truth?
In all areas?
What compels science, or rather, more accurately perhaps, a scientist to engage the scientific method for proof of any theory?

What about the scientific method would you change?

Location hidden

#526428 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that you would make a qualified "director???"
Maybe you could check with your "contacts" and see what THEY think about your "readiness."
:)
Nope. I gave up my position as self appointed dictator of the world long ago.
My "contacts" see through a variety of eyes from a variety of walks in life.
That "connections" line really tripped you up huh June.

Location hidden

#526429 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Words were continually morphed to suit the mentalities of the theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Just how is that any different than what any government does for (or to) their own people?
What makes that any different than what you proclaim to be real bad?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526430 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point entirely.
If you had been raised as a Muslim, you would not think as a Christian.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were on a Muslim forum ... the discussion would be based around the truth of Islam and how the 12th Imam (the Mahdi) is expected soon to take the HOLY Muslims to PARADISE.
If you stand outside of the religious circles, you will clearly see that they all defend their own closed-in circles as being based on truth.
There is something very disconnected concerning that picture.
Uh, no! I got your point.. if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's butt every time it jumped..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526431 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When "scholars" start including that other saviors were and are as real as is Jesus ... then they will be fair to those in all other religions.
But to center ONLY on one savior as being real, and ignoring the others ... that is naughty "scholar-shipping" and not balanced study.
Well, "IF" them other saviors were talked about world wide today, as Jesus is, then maybe you would have a point..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526432 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that if the theory of evolution were given equal time in the classes, it would be fair, as then the children could decide on their own which makes more sense to THEM.
Religion dictates that it is based on truth. Science relies on the word "theory."
It's not fair to brain-wash children and bully them into specific religious beliefs.
Not fair at all!
Children grow into adults, and when they find out that religion didn't give them choice to think on their own ... many will hopefully say ... "NO MORE!!! I want to choose my own belief."
Thank you. A direct answer.

Personally, I believe ALL intelligent design theories that CANNOT be disproven - be taught.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526433 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose version of it are you referring to?
How many versions are there?

Location hidden

#526434 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that a creator exists to allow suffering, much less ordain suffering.
That is different that "blaming" a creator.
You continually avoid placing mankind in your rants against suffering and always ONLY associate suffering with a "God" of one denomination or another.

You again assume what a "creator" would be or do or allow ... based SOLELY on emotion.
YOU make up a "God" in YOUR own "image" ... just like those whom you accuse.
You constantly proclaim that if a "God" exists, then "He" (interesting you use "HE there), "He" would be such and such.
Well, what if that is in fact the case, and pretty much all of mankind got it wrong?

You are at best (or worst as the view dictates) an agnostic June.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#526435 Apr 2, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
4Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know! 5Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.
30:4, there is a prophetic notice of Him who came down from heaven to be our Instructor and Saviour, and then ascended into heaven to be our Advocate. The Messiah is here spoken of as a Person distinct from the Father, but his name as yet secret. The great Redeemer, in the glories of his providence and grace, cannot be found out to perfection. Had it not been for Christ, the foundations of the earth had sunk under the load of the curse upon the ground, for man's sin. Who, and what is the mighty One that doeth all this? There is not the least ground to suspect anything wanting in the word of God; adding to his words opens the way to errors and corruptions. MH
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526436 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes fanaticism is a human trait, but I also see it to certain degrees in other species.
Fanaticism takes on as many forms as there are people. If one is fanatical about individual freedom for all, then is that a bad thing?
If one is a fanatic about curing cancer, is that a bad thing and an enemy of humanity?
Of course not.
That being said, the other poster's claim that fanaticism is the enemy of humanity is incorrect.
Look at this entire thread and it's subject matter and some of the vile things that fly back and forth here.
Now, is not the entire mantra of say, you and June one which decries how many people down throughout history have been slaughtered in the name of religion? Do you two not say that it is going to be the downfall of man?
Is not the whole world at each others throats right now?
Are we involved in a multi-front war right now?
Does mankind not possess weapons which are capable of destroying the entire populations of not only man, but all the other animals as well?
Nope is correct.
Humanity itself is the biggest enemy of humanity ... currently.
That is way too "deep" for me.

Remember Pogo? "We have meet the enemy and he is us."

But as Luther wrote; "reason should be destroyed in .... "
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526437 Apr 2, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Krishna???

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526438 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is science seeking the truth?
In all areas?
What compels science, or rather, more accurately perhaps, a scientist to engage the scientific method for proof of any theory?
What about the scientific method would you change?
Do you have a point?

Like maybe - "intelligent design should be factored into scientific study and teaching?"
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526439 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Well, "IF" them other saviors were talked about world wide today, as Jesus is, then maybe you would have a point..
In other religions they ARE talked about and Jesus is NOT talked about.

Muslim "scholars" talk about Mohammad and the coming of the 12th Imam.

Hindus talk about Krishna ... NOT Jesus.

You'll get it, if you keep trying.

Location hidden

#526440 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are animals, so yes we are part of nature. And I suggest that we are not special over other forms of life in any way whatsoever.
Well hell June, I would not use the word "special" either.
It is true however, that humans do in fact have "dominion" over them.

Disclaimer: In NO way did I say that it is Biblically ordained or directed.

What I mean is that humans have certain physical traits which distinguish them from all other life forms here on this planet. Humans have complex speech and can and do organize together towards common goals, which is often detrimental to other species.
Humans have minds capable of deductive reasoning to a degree that is not found in other life forms here. Humans have the advantage over the other life forms because humans are tool makers and their tools can and do, "manage" populations of other species at will.

Humans have written laws which also say that some other animal species are "property" of humans. Do you have a pet June?
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526441 Apr 2, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
30:4, there is a prophetic notice of Him who came down from heaven to be our Instructor and Saviour,
All the supposed MALE saviors in all the religions came down from the sky.

Why are you so selfish as to ignore the other saviors in other religions and dote only on your own as being real???

Do you ever ask your self that important question???

If I was to believe in one savior being real ... to be fair, I would have to believe they were and are all real.

Bunkology
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526442 Apr 2, 2014
We need to expand our minds.

Science needs to include my God as a possible answer in all further study of the formation of the universe.

After all, no one can PROVE that my God does NOT exist.

Plus my God makes way more sense that Bible god. More moral, not prone to fits of rage, stuff like that.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#526443 Apr 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point?
Like maybe - "intelligent design should be factored into scientific study and teaching?"
Intelligent design should include that not only the holy god created the universe, but that the same god created and creates EVIL.

In modern religious "classes" ... they leave out the juicy part of the theology to try to pretty UP the religion as being inviting to the children.

The old-time religious classes were all about burning in hellfire and damnation to the sinners.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web