Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668058 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Excelsior, MN

#526356 Apr 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to be divided by truth than united in error.
The fact is that the Protestant reformation has done "nothing" by divide the Body of Believers in the Body of Christ into thousands and thousands of "half-truth, half heresy denominations that are ALL based upon "what each persons believes for themselves" to be true!! This kind of distorted and twisted thinking is nothing but politicized liberalism that has corrupted our society in which "relative truth" ( what each person decides is truth) regarding abortion, homosexuali marriage, euthenasia, embryonic stem cell research , gay ministers and on and on whichever way the next political wind happens to blow has crept in polluted bible only "self interpreting Protestantism!!!!------This editorialized "fundie" nonsense is an abomination to the TRUE Word of a God and to the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ!----There is ONLY one TRUTH and that Truth has existed for over 2000 years and is in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ (in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church---a Moral and Spiritual TRUTH that has not changed by "what each person thinks".... God never was, nor ever will be the author of bible only (relative truth) contradiction, chaos and confusion!!!!
Michael

Canada

#526357 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I personally don't think man needs "organized Religion" at all..
...Agreed!

....All it causes is arrogant righteousness. No one has the smoking gun of truth.
Michael

Canada

#526358 Apr 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that the Protestant reformation has done "nothing" by divide the Body of Believers in the Body of Christ into thousands and thousands of "half-truth, half heresy denominations that are ALL based upon "what each persons believes for themselves" to be true!! This kind of distorted and twisted thinking is nothing but politicized liberalism that has corrupted our society in which "relative truth" ( what each person decides is truth) regarding abortion, homosexuali marriage, euthenasia, embryonic stem cell research , gay ministers and on and on whichever way the next political wind happens to blow has crept in polluted bible only "self interpreting Protestantism!!!!------This editorialized "fundie" nonsense is an abomination to the TRUE Word of a God and to the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ!----There is ONLY one TRUTH and that Truth has existed for over 2000 years and is in the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ (in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church---a Moral and Spiritual TRUTH that has not changed by "what each person thinks".... God never was, nor ever will be the author of bible only (relative truth) contradiction, chaos and confusion!!!!
(LoL)
Michael

Canada

#526359 Apr 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good 4 u. Whatever ideology you have, appears to be a self centered me me me ideology. No thanks, I ain't subscribing. You got anything else? Just "religion bad". Thats it? What's your alternative?
(lol)
Michael

Canada

#526360 Apr 2, 2014
Shockalocka wrote:
Historically Jesus was real. During his ministry and after his death are followed only by Roman Catholics. Remain the closest to the word of The Lord.
Now if you don't believe in it why post on here. I take pride along with 2 billion other Catholics in all that we believe in.
It seem someone always has their opinion of what others should do.
Correction there are 1.2 billion baptized catholics and by far Most didn't choose catholicism, they were born into it.

..Recent stats indicate the vast majority of roman catholics do not follow the doctrines of the church especially catholics in the western world.

...example the population of France is 85% roman catholic, but today fewer than 10% of French catholics ever enter a church except for weddings/funerals.

...less than 25% of roman catholics in america attend mandatory Sunday mass according to bishops in america.

....In reality practicing catholics worldwide are much much lower than 1.2 billion.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526361 Apr 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good 4 u. Whatever ideology you have, appears to be a self centered me me me ideology. No thanks, I ain't subscribing. You got anything else? Just "religion bad". Thats it? What's your alternative?
I personally don't give a rats...to what you subscribe to bud! good luck on your journey! do you need another quarter?
Michael

Canada

#526362 Apr 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishops of Bling!

...Catholic bishops in america/Germany spending millions of dollars on luxury houses and renovations.......for themselves!. Its on all the news newtworks., all major newspapers......and you think its all OK!

...so much for the poor people in those dioceses. Very sad.

Unbelievable!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526363 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe that Jesus ever existed, so it's no skin off my nose if they vilify that image ... OR praise it.
I believe all religion is mythical Bunk.
surely you jest? Most Scholars and Historians believe he existed June. you think they just interjected a fictional character into their story?
Shockalocka

Faber, VA

#526364 Apr 2, 2014
The Bible says he was followed by Jews or Gentiles? St. Peter who not only was Jesus's friend was first Catholic and Pope.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#526365 Apr 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
Hopefully your muslim murdering brothers will "find you". It has been obvious for a very long time you are no Christian. You pro-muslim statement speaks for itself.
I said Islam borrowed from Christianity and Judaism, while incorporating the personal thoughts of Muhammad. He was a false prophet. Most Muslims aren't fanatics at all. Most Christians aren't either.
Muhammad believed he had the 'word of God'. So do you, Confrint, Joseph Smith, Ox, David Koresh....
The only difference is Muhammad and Joseph Smith had the guts to write their own Bible while others just take someone else's; apply their own unguided interpretations and call it the " Word of God ". Its crazy.. you've completely unraveled the Eucharist (and go as far to mock it), Baptism, Sacraments, Priesthood, the complete canon of scripture, everything! Yet u still say you have the word of God? You're just another Muhammad. You've essentially wrote your own Bible using our words.. Take note Rose, Marge.... don't follow these men.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#526366 Apr 2, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishops of Bling!
...Catholic bishops in america/Germany spending millions of dollars on luxury houses and renovations.......for themselves!. Its on all the news newtworks., all major newspapers......and you think its all OK!
...so much for the poor people in those dioceses. Very sad.
Unbelievable!
This is just more of your hostile and vindictive anti-Catholic " distorting of the Truth"! You continue to dig up liberal poll sources like Pew research and Cara that have used "selective manipulative (telephone polling) of non-practicing Catholics between a " certain specific age" or those whom seldom (if ever attend Mass. To begin with, my brother-in -law is a Catholic Bishop and I know ( for a fact) this (phony) claim of " millions of dollars on luxury houses for Bishops" is an outright. Manipulatiive LIE by you and your "so-called news sources!!!! Go find another " hobby" Michael!!!!! Your " tinker toy" construction of anti-catholic "building blocks" is falling apart--just like your credibility!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#526367 Apr 2, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
Shun too great a desire for knowledge, for in it there is much fretting and delusion. Intellectuals like to appear learned and be called wise. Yet there are many things the knowledge of which does little or no good to the soul, and he who concerns himself about other things than those which lead to salvation is very unwise.
(The Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis
Chapter 2 Having a Humble Opinion of Oneself)
Peace
Excellent advice..those who heard,Christ speak most likely had education in the scriptures until they had,bar mitzvah and,no more,formal education..
They were NOT theology scholars.

It was NO coincidence God prepared a people to hear His Word at a,time when roads,had,been built to spread the word,over civilized cities,and before,Jerusalem was,destroyed...

Think of the,timing decided before the Creation by the Creator Himself ..

Man thinks,he,is so smart !!!! He is foolish in his,pride in how,educated he thinks,he is..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526368 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where there is religion, there is always fanaticism.
"MY religion is based on truth and yours is based on lies."
Fanaticism is not confined to religion.

The same can be said for politics. Communism, Nazism, etc.

In fact, any "ism" that encourages people to accept unquestioned, dogma, not to think for themselves, to blindly follow a delusional "higher" calling, while laying aside rational thought.

On the other hand, mine is the only true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526369 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need to "articulate an opposing position" when I point out why an argument (yours or anyone else's) is without merit or validity.
When you can present an actual position that has merit or validity, maybe you will get it.
If you think this > "Your only answers are how wrong someone else is and how right you are." is what has been presented, then you need further practice in comprehension and deeper thought.
If you think my presentations are "wrong", please, by all means Mr. Delusion, take them down with valid argument.
So far, all you do with me is attempt to argue your own rewrites of my posts and then claim I do not state my position. Had you been paying attention, and are capable of deep thought, you would not have this current misunderstanding.
You are currently toothless to attack my resentations simply because your whole schpeal is pre-scripted and geared toward already assumed "positions". That takes no real thought Mr. Delusion, just a talent for spewing already regurgitated anti-religion hype.
I see you can make a distinction between science and the scientific method. Can you do the same with "religion" -v- "spirit"?
You made a mistake about the "floating ark." Get over it.

As for the rest, you seem to be the only "deep thinker" here. So deep in fact, that most posts fly right over your head. I get it. Your name-calling speaks volumes about your depth.

Good luck and may the Force be with you.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526370 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Do you have another learning disability besides reading comprehension?
Sour grapes. Stop the pouting.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526371 Apr 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Aquarius claims to have "contacts." I could have misunderstood. Maybe what was meant was contacts rather than glasses for the eyes.
:)
I think you understand perfectly :o)

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#526372 Apr 2, 2014
Shockalocka wrote:
Historically Jesus was real.
Are you also willing to believe that all the other savior sons of gods in other earlier religions were and are real?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#526373 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, I don't have the foggiest idea of how it all started. Neither do you or any other mere human that I have ever heard of. I avoid worrying about it too.
It is irrelevant to the current reality here
For all I know it was a combination of every theory that has ever been proposed on the matter.
Since time has been proven to be other than a one way linear straight timeline of constant and consistent "units" of measuring time, as was long thought, then there may well have never been a "beginning" and will not have an "end" either.
Do you accept that Einstein and others proved that time units of measure (minutes, hours, etc.) do not remain consistent in their lengths when traveling at incredible speeds in space?
Yes. I'm a big fan of Einstein. I am familiar with the first NASA tests of that theory.

If so, I'm surprised, because you will have then contradicted yourself, again.

But getting back to your "current reality here," do you accept the theory of evolution?

Burns Lake, Canada

#526374 Apr 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are partly right. Jesus was real. During His ministry and after His death He was followed by Jews. Not Roman Catholics
You have the theology backwards. The Jews faithful to Judaism never would have followed the mythical Jesus into any of the Gnostic Christian ways of believing.

Common-sense theology should tell you that the Jews would only follow Jesus if he taught Judaism as being based on truth. And that means had Jesus been real, he would not approve of any of the Christian Gnostic sects whatsoever. He would have trained all his life to teach Judaism ONLY and that would have been his "calling."

Your calling is not of Judaism, so in your flamboyant prayers, I suggest you have nothing to offer Jesus ... even if he did live.

Bunkology

Burns Lake, Canada

#526375 Apr 2, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you feel about stop signs and traffic lights?
I feel that if I don't obey them, I'll be asking for trouble.

On the other hand I don't believe in a creator, so I don't feel a need to obey the words of any theological blather.

If I do my best to be as considerate as possible to others ... I suggest that will please my own conscience, and my own conscience is the only one I can at least "try" to master.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Mike Schmidt 342
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 20 Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web