Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691973 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#526117 Apr 1, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Confrinting need prayers for my grandson . He had a nerves break down last night.
He was outside trying to get rid of ice and snow and just broke down.
I can't go into a lot of stuff on here but please keep him in your prayers Thank you God Bless.
If there was a god that CARED there would BE no suffering of any animals ... period.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#526118 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> He was, but he talked of another way.. He obviously followed the tradition of his upbringing, but he also saw how corrupt it was. They had him crucified for speaking out against them. Pilate wanting nothing to do with his death. so the blood lays directly on his peoples hands. they didn't wanna give up the old ways of worship and clearly Jesus spoke out. Rome saw a great oppurtunity to Capitalize on his followers. and still keep their Pagan Worship, the church and monks rewrote and canonized what is the Bible as we know it for the most part. the truth about Jesus is lost to History because of the church (Anti Christ) Look how Liberal the church is getting. I saw somewhere that they had accepted Evolution and Atheism? maybe you can help me with that?
God so loved the world that He gave His,Only Begotten Son...that those who believe (and are born again of water and the SPIRIT..shall have eternity with Christ

His basic message...all other RELIGIUOS ritual , dogma, Churches...some good some not...are extraneous.

He never meant for it to take so called scholars to parse every word ...

The thief called out yo Him in Faith...he is,with Jesus....

But we hum a nd,have to create institutions....parameters..sp ecial rules...practices...etc..

How,foolish we are ..

.Faith ...in Christ as Saviuir..how,simple yet profound
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#526119 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology is silly nonsense!
Of course back then, the fear-filled humans would have thought that the gods were punishing them for being "wicked."
So they created "wicked" religions to try to make sense of the suffering.
It didn't help the situation. Religion just drove the humans to commit insane behavior against each other. And the same behavior continues today.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid
A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...
You don't mind if I don't take your word for what is the truth or what isn't do you JUne. the Bible says God rained fire down on Sodom and Gomorrah .
Once an Asteriod hits the earths atomosphere, it becames an meterors, which are balls of fire.
xoxoxox
That's a general term describing small particles of comets or asteroids that are in orbit around the sun. There's no universally accepted, hard-and-fast definition (based on size or any other characteristic) that distinguishes a meteoroid from an asteroid — they're simply smaller than asteroids.

Only when these objects enter the atmosphere are they referred to as meteors, like the meteor that was seen over Russia today. Because that meteor exploded in the atmosphere, the resulting fireball is known as a bolide. Again, there's no precise definition of a bolide — most astronomers understand a bolide as simply a very bright fireball

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526120 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some of the Wiccans try to make out that their religion is based on balance.
Balance of what???
Nature is cruel ... period! Look around you and watch the suffering of all forms of life.
It might be fun to dance at midnight and claim that the goddess is full of love for all of her creation ... but that is nothing but FLUFF.
The reality is not fluff. It is about continual suffering of all forms of life ... from the elephants that die during droughts ... to the tiniest parasites that suffer and die when their human hosts on which they live and thrive and reproduce die from cancer and other horrible diseases.
Nature is cruel without intent. I am satisfied to accept that concept of reality and leave religious insanity out of the picture.
Then why do you keep complaining about it? Religion has obviously hurt you, in your post you're striking back at it.Do you think you're owed something by God or Nature?
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#526121 Apr 1, 2014
The first JW case,30 concerning parental treatment refusal, to reach the US Supreme Court, challenged two statutes31 commonly used to declare children wards of court in order to administer blood, and sought a court order to prevent Washington physicians administering blood to JW patients. The Supreme Court was clear in its upholding of the decision in Prince12 explaining,“the right to practice religion freely does not include liberty to expose…the child…to ill health or death”

http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/7/715.full

Location hidden

#526122 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a god that CARED there would BE no suffering of any animals ... period.
That is crazy thinking June, and you know it..
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#526123 Apr 1, 2014
Today Christian missionaries take their children into war zones caused by religious dissention, and they believe by so doing, they are serving "GOD."

Actually they are serving their selves a big helping of EGO in the idea that a god needs them to preach their religion at others as the only truth in the universe.

The parents don't give a rat's ass about protecting their own children's lives on earth, as they are certain their own rewards are guaranteed in the supposed hereafter.

Horrible self-indulgence!

Location hidden

#526124 Apr 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God so loved the world that He gave His,Only Begotten Son...that those who believe (and are born again of water and the SPIRIT..shall have eternity with Christ
His basic message...all other RELIGIUOS ritual , dogma, Churches...some good some not...are extraneous.
He never meant for it to take so called scholars to parse every word ...
The thief called out yo Him in Faith...he is,with Jesus....
But we hum a nd,have to create institutions....parameters..sp ecial rules...practices...etc..
How,foolish we are ..
.Faith ...in Christ as Saviuir..how,simple yet profound
I agree. Man has twisted what Jesus taught into their own selfish needs and wants. So sad..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#526125 Apr 1, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You can judge the above any way you want....but remember that there is one will judge you
in commiserate to the way you judge and abide by HIS WORD.
Jesus said
Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Whe Jesus arrived
Isa 9:2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
You have chosen a PLACEBO REFUSED THE LIGHT AND CHOSEN to abide in darkness...and that mean you will spend eternity in outer darkness.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word/JESUS, and the Word /JESUS was with God, and the Word was/JESUS God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
YOU HAVE REFUSED THE LIFE WHICH IS THE LIGHT....ONE CANNOT SEPARATE GOD'S WORD FROM HIMSELF...
WHEN YOU REFUSE GOD'S WORD YOU REFUSE HIM...
Amen..

It's ALL JESUS and Faith in Him..being reborn of the Spirit .

I think the thief , the woman at the well and others,who met Him are our answer..and blessed are we who have NOT seen and yet believe in Him.

Again he did not give a,message that needed scholars to nit pick...and have us,Only get our Faith through them...he,spoke to the people with a,message ....have faith in HIM.

again simple yet profound

And yet I believe there are many in each Church of Jesus , yes Catholic too, who have been touched by the Holy Spirit , called to Jesus by the Father to be His....and believe ....how and where they worship is not the ruler of measurement imo ...it's,faith as,HE SAID (despite those who think His actual teaching came from the hands of monks...it came from HIM.) And its,in the will of the Father ..
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#526126 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandson isn't an animal June he is a human being. If you like to classify yourself as an animal do so.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526127 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
GNOSTICISM:
Its prominent characteristic being syncretism, the scholars, according to their various points of view, have sought its origin, some in Hellenism (Orphism), some in Babylonia, others elsewhere. This question, however, can not be discussed here, as this article deals with purely Jewish gnosticism.
Jewish Gnosticism.
Jewish gnosticism unquestionably antedates Christianity, for Biblical exegesis had already reached an age of five hundred years by the first century C.E. Judaism had been in close contact with Babylonian-Persian ideas for at least that length of time, and for nearly as long a period with Hellenistic ideas.
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/67...
I see.
So you have no idea what a gnostic actually is.
Your cut and paste job only says that some folks were in "close contact" to other folks.
<rolls eyes>

Location hidden

#526128 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you write jESUS instead of Jesus?
Hit 'caps lock' instead of 'shift'?
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#526129 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> That is crazy thinking June, and you know it..
What's crazy about it???

If a creator CARED ... there would never have been, nor could there be any suffering.

If you had all the power to create ... would you allow suffering of all forms of life to exist ... or would you create a realm of eternal bliss???

I would create a realm where no suffering would exist. It simply would NOT be allowed.

Religion is BUNK!

Location hidden

#526130 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Naturally those in religion wanted to perceive their selves as owning knowledge ...
And that normal human factor makes them negatively undesirable to other humans exactly how?
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#526131 Apr 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you adore your religion, keep in mind that the devil is on par with the divine god that created you to suffer.
Religion is BUNK and that includes YOUR religion ... not just the religion of others.
If you stop favoring your self you will be able to see that you are not special in any way whatsoever nor SHOULD you be special.
and what about your religion, what a person believes according to your post's, is their own religion.
Your religion is morbit and demented , and absolutely distorted.
which means your mind is warped.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#526132 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do you keep complaining about it? Religion has obviously hurt you, in your post you're striking back at it.Do you think you're owed something by God or Nature?
Lies should not be allowed to be taught as truth.

What hurt my sensitivities when I was a child was that Jesus would be so cruel as to reject all those who were not Christian. I thought that was HORRIBLE, and I still DO believe that is a horrible theology.

The more I studied, the more I realized ... religion in it's entirety was and IS Bunkology.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#526133 Apr 1, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Confrinting need prayers for my grandson . He had a nerves break down last night.
He was outside trying to get rid of ice and snow and just broke down.
I can't go into a lot of stuff on here but please keep him in your prayers Thank you God Bless.
May the Father bless and comfort him.and your family through the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus,name ..Amen.

Take care ..all of you

Location hidden

#526134 Apr 1, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted directly from your post. I don't blame you for not being specific.
Show me that direct quote of mine in your post strawman.

Location hidden

#526135 Apr 1, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just smugly run away, as you always accuse other of doing, I might add.
You are confused.
Show me one post of mine where I made such a claim of others.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#526136 Apr 1, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So you have no idea what a gnostic actually is.
Your cut and paste job only says that some folks were in "close contact" to other folks.
<rolls eyes>
You keep suggesting that you have some magic source of wisdom.

I don't believe you ... "Aquarius!!!"

I've heard that arrogant story from one or another self-proclaimed preacher of supposed wisdom all my life.

You're just one more blowhard in a long, long list of blowhards.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 5 hr Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web