Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703468 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525976 Mar 31, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you are the anti-Christ!
1) no, idol worship is against our faith.
2) wrong, then do not ever ask your fellow man to pray for you. Why do you do that?
3)wrong, Catholic Christians converted the pagans. Oh I get it , you are JW. Don't celebrate birthdays right? Brainwashed !
4) Wrong, the first mass was performed by Jesus himself on the day before he died.
"Jesus gave his apostles power and authority to reconcile us to the Father. They received Jesus’ own power to forgive sins when he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained" (John 20:22–23).
Some churches rip on the Catholic faith so they can keep members. Don't believe everything you hear. Check it out first.
then you're blind to your own faith. they have Idols everywhere.

You obviously know nothing of Rome and pagan worship, if you did all you gotta do is look at what I posted and research it.

Look at the doctrine governing the church.

The church is pagan them self and official sponsor of the anti christ.

you're just to brainwashed to admit it, or just to blind to see it.

I have researched it and took no ones word for it, by your post, that is something you have done..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525977 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> a follower of Christ, is not the same as a religious person.
I think you are playing on the word "Christ."

Only Christians follow the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

What you believe could be anything ... but rest assured it's some form or other of goofy religion.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525978 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello!!! Again Hello!!!! It is unbelievable how you bible only "fundies" continue to spread your " if it's not in the bible -then it's not true ----(nonsense)----day after day!------- The One True (Universal Catholic) Church has 2000 years of authenticated, proven and verifiable Church History " to back it up" ----you keep playing your 21st century bible only "games" of (spin the bible verses) to make them mean only what you want them to mean "ignoring the documented writings of the vast majority of Church a Historians, Apologist authors and writers along with the biographical and historical lives of the Saints, all of which who lived and died for their Catholic Christian.faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ . You, Confrinting, continue to be "imprisoned" in the Protestant (darkness) of bible only half-truth half heresy Christianity in which modernistic ---relative Truth (personal opinion) is the " final authority"! You do speak for God and never will, until you come the True Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ who has guided HIS Church through the centuries so that we celebrate the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH with Our Lords True body and true blood in the Eucharist---John 6:47-59..
Today's score of the best insults of one religion against another ... so far ... total

Catholics 48
Protestants 47
Spiritual leaders 15
Those who believe in Christ ... but not Jesus 3

I'm now taking bets on which group will win today's event.$5.00 will get you in on the game. And remember ... your chances of hitting the big-time is your salvation and other betters' loss.

:)
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525979 Mar 31, 2014
The Gnostics: Who Did They Believe Jesus Christ Is?

We May Not Recognize the Jesus of Gnosticism

Note: The word Christ like the word Buddha ("the enlighted one") is not a name but a title. Christ (Greek) or Messiah (Hebrew) means "the anointed one." Jesus (Greek) or Joshua (Hebrew) is the name of the historical person. For the Gnostics, the Christ was a spiritual principle. So, in this discussion, it is possible to refer, depending upon the beliefs under consideration to "Jesus and the Christ" or "Jesus or the Christ" or "Jesus the Christ."

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-gnostics-did-they...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525980 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahaha
You!!! The anti-Christ? Come to end the world? Who would have guessed.

Geez Junith, I told you they you are special.

Frankly, I thought the anti-Christ (you) would appear somewhere else rather than Topix.

This is somewhat anti-climatic if you ask me.

Just do what you have to do :o)

Rahahahamen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525981 Mar 31, 2014
OK, I'm confused.

All those who are the anti-Christ, please raise your hand.

Better yet, who isn't the anti-Christ?

Or is this about Christie?

Ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525982 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello!!! Again Hello!!!! It is unbelievable how you bible only "fundies" continue to spread your " if it's not in the bible -then it's not true ----(nonsense)----day after day!------- The One True (Universal Catholic) Church has 2000 years of authenticated, proven and verifiable Church History " to back it up" ----you keep playing your 21st century bible only "games" of (spin the bible verses) to make them mean only what you want them to mean "ignoring the documented writings of the vast majority of Church a Historians, Apologist authors and writers along with the biographical and historical lives of the Saints, all of which who lived and died for their Catholic Christian.faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ . You, Confrinting, continue to be "imprisoned" in the Protestant (darkness) of bible only half-truth half heresy Christianity in which modernistic ---relative Truth (personal opinion) is the " final authority"! You do speak for God and never will, until you come the True Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ who has guided HIS Church through the centuries so that we celebrate the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH with Our Lords True body and true blood in the Eucharist---John 6:47-59..
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525983 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
More truth you can deny.....

The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately A.D. 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles.

Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#525984 Mar 31, 2014
LTM wrote:
Water that would cover the mountains by greater than fifteen cubits cannot possibly be regarded as a regional deluge such as flooding out the area where the Black Sea resides, but a worldwide, global flood, and that flood originated from out of the windows of heaven. It would be incumbent upon us to take God’s Word for this truth if we want to be lead into godly understanding, and He said,“I have sworn {sworn is the Hebrew word shaba meaning to swear an oath or give a promise} that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth”(Isaiah 54:9). Note, that the waters of Noah were not a regional event but an over the earth inundation and thankfully this will never happen again, and further note that this promise is not recalled by Jesus or written in Genesis, but is recorded by the prophet, Isaiah, another reference attesting to the genuineness and biblical documentation of Noah’s flood.
True, we have regional floods, some great, which happen all over the globe from time to time since the biblical flood of Noah, but the promise of God was specifically for the entire earth itself to never flood as it had in the past in Noah’s day.
You know that there are many concerns and questions out there that query how in the world could Noah have collected all of the animals, birds, creeping things, and plant life (seeds), even if he had a thousand years to do so, it still seems impossible. The truth is &#8213; that is true, it is impossible.“With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible”(Matthew 19:26). God brought them to Noah,“two of every sort shall come unto thee”(Genesis 6:20), and thus, they came right up to Noah and all he had to do was to open the door. Noah was responsible to build the ark, and bring in the foodstuffs, but the gathering of all of the life was God’s job.
It seems to me, many forget the verse regarding the fountains from WITHIN the earth erupting .
Basically turning the land inside out along with the deluge from heaven...could not be a r e Giles regional flood as we know it ...this ALSO could account for the so called science discoveries
Of the archeology geniuses ..

Just a,thought ..this was a cataclysm of giant proportions ...inside and out
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525985 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:
You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...
Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!
Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.
BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!
Worth repeating!!!!
Not again!

"Bald-face liar" ???

OK, we get it. You did not go to a Catholic School.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525986 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
OK, I'm confused.
All those who are the anti-Christ, please raise your hand.
Better yet, who isn't the anti-Christ?
Or is this about Christie?
Ramen
Well there's not that much difference between a heretic and an anti-Christ, except that the anti-Christ has more power to be evil.

Hahahahahaha

Pope Leo Xth and Martin Luther thought each other was the anti-Christ, and I figure that they were both right.

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525987 Mar 31, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me, many forget the verse regarding the fountains from WITHIN the earth erupting .
You wouldn't be trying to give me false hope ... would you?

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525988 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles.
Well ... rumor has it that the apostles were actually building a Jewish temple in which to worship ADONAI, that had nothing to do with an expected savior.

But then, those theologians never could get their stories straight.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#525989 Mar 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You wonder what MY true beliefs are? Thats easy, open up the catechism. Thats what I believe. Its straight from the Bible.
I have the utmost respect for Sacred Scripture. You say I put it down? Thats ridiculous. I put down your interpretations as well as Confrint oldgg and others. I believe you have a good heart. But I dont think your opinion of the Bible is the word of God. I think many of you approach the Sacred Scriptures recklessly. Almost in idolatry fashion. I take issue with the embarrassing ignorance from men like Ken Ham. I think the JW's and the Ox's have perverted the Bible. I hate the fact that Catholic martyrs by the thousands - including the firsts 30 Popes - were executed brining the true Gospel to the world, only to have fundies reverse everything they died for. I also cant stand the venomous lies spewed towards us by the modern born again movement.
I'm not even talking interpretation..I'm saying first you guys,say the apostles didn't write...or the disciples,till years,later...then say their writings,ars gone..if so WHAT DID THE COPYISTS,copy.

I think their writings...though not complete,..in the form of letters,were around in the different Churches..THERE was,scripture before the bible was put together ...did Peter John etc have scribes...most likely as did Paul ...the churches,communicated...about Jesus..his,teachings..they were,JEWS,..they believed He was,Messiah ...yer theses,Jews,who were ingrained with writings,NEVER wrote a,thing f or at least thirty years...nonsense,...
And then these,C a Catholics,COPYISTS,put together the bible b or from w works,YOU SAID were,gone..

That's,what I keep telling you..

The e a key Church had scripture of Jesus..Just not a,whole bible ..

All scripture is,God inspired..

You all praise the letters,and Opinions,of the early Fathers, but you do seem to say scripture unless,it's,in your catechism is not real.

My catechism was a bunch of questions and answers...I'm sure most was based,on scripture..it was,NOT a,bible ..

Jesus,did not need scholars to explain His,words.. but like everything clear...scholars,obscure it
To make themselves,indispensable ...

I'll bet God,looks, a t some theology and thinks...why so many words,, when I was s leaking to
The common people ....And laughs .....unless,we hit each o her over the head with it..or kill each other over it..

He came to be Lord...teach us...drink the,Cup of our Sin and free us..to call us TO HIM ...and it does,not take a college degree,to explain it ......he,is,the source of Love ...slain for us..
Sorry you do Clay
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525990 Mar 31, 2014
<quoted text>
You!!! The anti-Christ? Come to end the world? Who would have guessed.
Geez Junith, I told you they you are special.
Frankly, I thought the anti-Christ (you) would appear somewhere else rather than Topix.
This is somewhat anti-climatic if you ask me.
Just do what you have to do :o)
Rahahahamen
And by the way, it was not me that was targeted as the anti-Christ this time. It was somebody else's turn.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#525991 Mar 31, 2014
Make it seem less than it is...it's God's word...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525992 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are playing on the word "Christ."
Only Christians follow the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
What you believe could be anything ... but rest assured it's some form or other of goofy religion.
Christians follow the Doctrine of man. Religions such as Christianity is nothing but a way to control and bond you to them and the Church. God is not confined to them four walls anymore than he is by a certain sects Doctrine.. you're the one following the goofy religion of atheism. atheist get amendment protection just as any religion, making them a religion. there "churches" and "sermons" blah blah blah. so June, you're no better than the die hard Christian. they call it Apologetics when it's done in Defense, what's it called when it's done in Persecution, Killing the Innocent? no June, you and others like you are the goofy ones..If you believe it oh so true, that God and Jesus are non exist, then why do you argue till you're blue in the face about it, all you gotta do is walk away from this thread.. you can't and you know why you can't! I mean, what's the point of staying here and arguing about something you don't believe?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525993 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
More truth you can deny.....
The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately A.D. 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles.
Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?
Who screwed up Christianity?

If you say the Catholics, then that means poor Jesus lost 1500+ years because "God's Teachings" somehow fell into the wrong hands.

How inept do you want Jesus to seem?

Tell us about the teachings of Jesus instead. I think Jesus would prefer that.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525994 Mar 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Not again!
"Bald-face liar" ???
OK, we get it. You did not go to a Catholic School.
It's their way of showering others with "love."

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525995 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<all you gotta do is walk away from this thread..
Now stop being pushy, pusherman. There's room for both your bullshit and mine on the forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1