Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646454 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525936 Mar 31, 2014
The Baltimore Complete Catechism

In the United States, a committee of American bishops of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore, Maryland, published both a Larger Version and Smaller Version of this catechism in 1885. Also included here is the Baltimore Complete Catechism with 1400 questions and answers arranged in 37 lessons.

The Baltimore Larger Catechism

In the United States, a committee of American bishops of the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore, Maryland, published both a Larger Version and Smaller Version of this catechism in 1885. Also included here is the Baltimore Complete Catechism with 1400 questions and answers arranged in 37 lessons.

The Baltimore Smaller Catechism

The Episcopal Catechism

The Outline of the Faith commonly called the Catechism, from the "Book of Common Prayer" was first compiled in Philadelphia in 1789. Since then it as been amended several times including the last time in 1979.

The Heidelberg Catechism

The Heidelberg, or Palatinate, Catechism was compiled in Heidelberg by the German theologians Caspar Olevianus (1536-87) and Zacharias Ursinus (1534-83), at the request of the Elector Frederick III (1515-76) of the Palatinate. It was published in 1563 and has been translated into all the languages of Europe. It is the standard of the Dutch and German Reformed churches of America.

The Westminster Larger Catechism

The Larger and Shorter Catechisms, which, with the Westminster Confession of Faith, are the standard catechisms of the Presbyterian churches throughout the countries of the former British Empire and the U.S., were compiled by the Assembly of Divines at Westminster (1645-52). In July 1648, the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland adopted both the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.

The Westminster Shorter Catechism

The Larger and Shorter Catechisms, which, with the Westminster Confession of Faith, are the standard catechisms of the Presbyterian churches throughout the countries of the former British Empire and the U.S., were compiled by the Assembly of Divines at Westminster (1645-52). In July 1648, the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland adopted both the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/history/creeds...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525937 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you're right June...A Nod Is As Good As A Wink... To A Blind Horse! I wish you well on your journey..
Well ... a blind horse hasn't much of a chance of having a pleasant journey ... right???

:)
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525938 Mar 31, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
About 200 AD. That could mean 350 AD or 175 AD or any number. Provide an actual number not just your guess. Well Tango Bravo??????????
About 200 AD per "Midrash in Context: Exegesis in Formative Judaism".

No more exact date is reliably known.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525939 Mar 31, 2014
"God" must have called him home ... and he didn't yet WANT the other two ... YEAH RIGHT!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

California man washed out to sea during baptism

Two others were swept out by a huge wave but were able to swim to shore.

The US Coast Guard says the search for Mr Flores was called off at midnight on Sunday.

The baptism was just finishing up at 10:00 local time (17:00 GMT) on Sunday when the church members were hit by the wave.

"A big wave came and took Benito," Mr Cervantes told local broadcaster KEYT. "I tried to take him out, he was heavy and then another big wave came."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26823...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525940 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that you, Confrinting are a "self-appointed minister" with an underlying
unchristian "hostile" attitude that condemns EVERYONE else's faith and salvation in Jesus Christ because it doesn't ' fit into your own (opinionated) bible only "cracker box" preaching!!! If anyone " is at war against the TRUE body of Christ ---it is YOU and your misguided and mis- directed "man-made" Protestant ministry that has ( rejected) the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with regards to Matthew 16 :13-21 and His One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-
Catholic Church beginning with His first visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders in Acts 2.---The proof that you are "truly" at war with the Body of Christ is by your "blatant, defiant and rebellious rejection" of the Eucharist ---Our Lords TRUE body and blood that he (clearly) gives to us in John 6:47-59 also written in the other Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke as Jesus tells us again and again!!!!"For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)-----you CANNOT have eternal life!
I suggest that you come to these "historical and biblical TRUTHS of the Gospel of Jesus before you continue " throwing around" any more of your distorted half-truth, half-heresy bible only Christianity!!
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525941 Mar 31, 2014
Maybe we should hold "god" responsible for creating the waves that killed Mr. Cervantes ... RATHER than giving god credit for killing the poor man.

You can color the picture any shade you desire and tack truth on it ... because in religion ... any old story will DO!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525942 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Something bad has happened in your life, and your prayers wasn't answered and turned you plum cold
If I sided with your believes you would credit me with WISDOM ... and you KNOW that is true.

I don't believe in your blathering nonsense any more than any other blathering nonsense, and that is what makes you irritable.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525943 Mar 31, 2014
beliefs

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525944 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Bible only Protestant " propagandists " seem to be (forever) stuck on your anti-catholic idol worship BS which is just more of the "same old lies, distortions and perverted deceptions that is spread throughout everyone one of your other 42,200 man-made denominations. I lived this "phony idol worship lie" for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before God Our Father through his Son Jesus guided by the TRUTH of the Holy Spirit led me out of this bondage of anti-catholic Protestant " lies" coming to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and hHis One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church........L. T. Misguided is what sets you (false teaching" fundies " apart from the Truth of the TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ --in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic . God is not. The author of your bible only Protestant confusion , chaos and conflicting contradiction!!!
N,
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525945 Mar 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying ......
You should be nice to the Catholics, because without their religion Martin Luther wouldn't have been alive to create YOUR religion.

And without the Catholic religion ... all of you would be Jews now practicing Judaism.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#525946 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
A temper tantrum. How wise :o)
OK. Name a few of the "many" scientists who have made the same "weak, immature, selfish, and foolish" mistake as June.
Which scientists take and hold onto positions which are inherently unprovable?
Oh wise one, please give us the details.
Ramen
Why would I wish to name anyone over something I never said?

Did you miss the point again?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525947 Mar 31, 2014
GNOSTICISM:

Its prominent characteristic being syncretism, the scholars, according to their various points of view, have sought its origin, some in Hellenism (Orphism), some in Babylonia, others elsewhere. This question, however, can not be discussed here, as this article deals with purely Jewish gnosticism.

Jewish Gnosticism.

Jewish gnosticism unquestionably antedates Christianity, for Biblical exegesis had already reached an age of five hundred years by the first century C.E. Judaism had been in close contact with Babylonian-Persian ideas for at least that length of time, and for nearly as long a period with Hellenistic ideas.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/67...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#525948 Mar 31, 2014
reXpectrum wrote:
I do not Think That Roman Catholics Have anything to do with the Church of jESUS Christ,
Remember *(---_
Rome Outlawed the Christians and Killed, tortured and Persecuted them UNDER Nero and Continued UNDER other ROMAN / Italian - Emperors.
they Tried their BEST to Destroy all the Hebrew and Greek teXts and Christian Writings around them,
THEN - The Roman Catholic Church did not Even Produce a Latin / Italian Translation of the Scriptures Untill 500 Years after jESUS Christ.
And Then, the Roman Catholic Church, Refused to Translate the Bible into ANY OTHER Language, For another One Thousand and Two Hundred Years.
Twelve Hundred Years. The Catholic Church OUTLAWED the Scriptures in ANY Other LANGUAGE...
But Italian ALONE..........
So Think.......... 500 Years Went By,.........From the Time of jESUS Christ / That the .... Catholic Church Failed ( REFUSED )-
to Translate a Latin / Italian Version the Scriptures.
*( That's Because - the Catholic Church Did not eXist until the 3 Rd Century
Then a TOTAL of 1600 years. 1600 Years / One Thousand 600 Years -
from the Time of jESUS Christ, to the First Catholic Bible, Translated into another Language other than Latin / Italian
In 1582 The Roman Catholic Church Translated The Douay–Rheims Bible into English.*( Copying the KJV, ALMOST Identical.
Why did the Roman Catholic Church wait for One Thousand and Six Hundred Years after jESUS Christ. 1600 Years...
to Make a NON Latin / Italian - Translation of the Bible ?
1600 Years...!
While they Banned and Outlawed others who Tried to Make Translations of Scriptures.
Please Visit My Website NOW.. You Must See My WEBSITE,.
CLICK HERE. http://rexorator.nfshost.com
why do you write jESUS instead of Jesus?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525949 Mar 31, 2014
Naturally those in religion wanted to perceive their selves as owning knowledge ... so they all wanted to jump on the Gnostic (knowledge) band-wagon.

Ex-Jewish Gnostics became Christian Gnostics ... and added the Jesus-myth TO their newly formed literature.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525950 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Of Course it would have been a "natural" phenomenon, how else do you think God would have brought on that destruction? June, have you ever saw them petrified trees? how some are standing upright? now science suggest them trees, and there are many of them world wide, would have stood up like that, for millions of years as sediment built up around them, anyone with common sense would say hell, them trees would have died and toppled over, due to rot, but what probably actually happened is, as the water from the Flood Receded, it built that sediment up as the water got less and less, leaving the trees no time to have rotted, the assertion that them trees stood upright for millions of years, is just Ridiculous, as anyone would know if you ever walk in the mountains and see rotted trees..
(from a Q&A board)

The petrified trees are what Creationists call "polystrate fossils" (for 'many strata').

But it is not at all a 'stumper'(if you'll pardon the pun) for geologists, and in fact they've known about this since geologist John W. Dawson described and explained such a formation in 1868.

But Creationists don't get to be Creationists by staying "up-to-date" (as in advancing past the 19th century) on the scientific literature.

Start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossi...

In a nutshell this is a great example of how the arguments of Creationism depend very much on the audience having a limited exposure to a particular science topic, be it genetics, anatomy, thermodynamics, biochemistry ... ior in this case geology.

The one true God doesn't require willful ignorance. No more than the one true God get angery and kills and tortures its own creation.

Plus everybody knows that concept of collective punishment is just plain immoral.

So much for the Creationist delusion.

Come now to the lite of truth.

Ramen

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#525951 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you answer my questions it won't BE a stale-mate.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Jesus is offended by homosexuals having sex??? And do you believe that Jesus agrees with you that Atheists deserve eternal hell for not belonging to your Christian religion???
You won't answer my questions ... and that speaks volumes in how your conscience is fully aware that you are a liar.
i believe that homosexuality is offensive behavior to God/Jesus.

i believe that atheists make their own choice to be seperated from God, even though He gives equal opportunity to all through his Son.

i'm ready to accept your apology:-)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525952 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Naturally those in religion wanted to perceive their selves as owning knowledge ... so they all wanted to jump on the Gnostic (knowledge) band-wagon.
Ex-Jewish Gnostics became Christian Gnostics ... and added the Jesus-myth TO their newly formed literature.
HaHaHa! you're funny June..

Location hidden

#525953 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If the bible gave readers a plain message, no questions would be necessary and bible-studies would never have had a place in history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
A Catechism is a manual of Christian doctrine drawn up in the form of questions and answers, especially one for religious instruction.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/history/creeds...
Who drew it up June? Jesus? really you jest right? June, you're so much smarter than that, c'mon..who gives the religious instructions June? Exactly!

Location hidden

#525954 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
(from a Q&A board)
The petrified trees are what Creationists call "polystrate fossils" (for 'many strata').
But it is not at all a 'stumper'(if you'll pardon the pun) for geologists, and in fact they've known about this since geologist John W. Dawson described and explained such a formation in 1868.
But Creationists don't get to be Creationists by staying "up-to-date" (as in advancing past the 19th century) on the scientific literature.
Start here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossi...
In a nutshell this is a great example of how the arguments of Creationism depend very much on the audience having a limited exposure to a particular science topic, be it genetics, anatomy, thermodynamics, biochemistry ... ior in this case geology.
The one true God doesn't require willful ignorance. No more than the one true God get angery and kills and tortures its own creation.
Plus everybody knows that concept of collective punishment is just plain immoral.
So much for the Creationist delusion.
Come now to the lite of truth.
Ramen
I know this is an open forum and all, but don't reply to my post. I think you're scum and you only defile my post. buzz off wannabee!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525955 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I wish to name anyone over something I never said?
Did you miss the point again?
I quoted directly from your post. I don't blame you for not being specific.

In delusions, one makes foolish statements that can not be backed up. So now I "missed the point?"

OK, please re-state. Or just smugly run away, as you always accuse other of doing, I might add.

I don't fear specifics or facts. I have no problem with science or the scientific method.

My God is the true God.

Come out of the darkness.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web