Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525579 Mar 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ACCORDING to Clay the,COPYISTS paraphrased from manuscripts,he,says did not exist
The movie "Noah" will be a problem for "Bible only" Christians. But for Catholics, it'll be ok. The reason being is that you people do not understand what the Bible is or where it came from. You see the words and think every little word was put there by God Himself. The story of Noah is a sad story about mankind's rebellious nature against the Creator. God (the Creator) destroyed the world by a flood. THAT"S the word of God.
You'll see the movie and see that it didn't go exactly like the Bible said, but it shouldn't matter, because when it comes to the overall theme, it hit the nail right on the head.

That's the message God was trying to convey to us when He inspired the authors of the Bible. God wasn't trying to reveal an historical event for our earthly records. He didn't reveal this so archeologist could have fun searching for the ark.
He didn't reveal Jonah and the Whale so people like you can tell a cute story about a great fish that swallowed a man! That's not the word of God, per se. The meaning behind Jonah and the whale is the word of God. That we must not run from Him. Repent because He loves us.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#525580 Mar 30, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romans came as conquerors and were known for their uncompromising attitudes. I doubt that Pilate would have stooped to use a local language, especially in public. He was Caesar's representative and I doubt he would have used any language other than Latin in front of the locals. Just an opinion with no claim of historic accuracy attached.
They did not conquer so many lands without learning the local or a common language ..Greek maybe as a lot they conquered was Geek..BUT the Jews were known as a staff people ...I'm sure they spoke exclusively What they ALL understood ..Hebrew..Aramaic ?
And the,Romans,WERE educated...

Jesus I'm sure knew,all language...but I'm sure he spoke to the,Jews in their OWN language..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#525581 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie "Noah" will be a problem for "Bible only" Christians. But for Catholics, it'll be ok. The reason being is that you people do not understand what the Bible is or where it came from. You see the words and think every little word was put there by God Himself. The story of Noah is a sad story about mankind's rebellious nature against the Creator. God (the Creator) destroyed the world by a flood. THAT"S the word of God.
You'll see the movie and see that it didn't go exactly like the Bible said, but it shouldn't matter, because when it comes to the overall theme, it hit the nail right on the head.
That's the message God was trying to convey to us when He inspired the authors of the Bible. God wasn't trying to reveal an historical event for our earthly records. He didn't reveal this so archeologist could have fun searching for the ark.
He didn't reveal Jonah and the Whale so people like you can tell a cute story about a great fish that swallowed a man! That's not the word of God, per se. The meaning behind Jonah and the whale is the word of God. That we must not run from Him. Repent because He loves us.
The BIG SIN was an ecology message from God ???
A movie from.atheists??

You bet I WON'T spend a,penny to see it ..

And seeing God's,word as allegory ...oh well....you guys,...Just floor me ...

Let's,run down Scripture so folks have to ask a,priest??
marge

Ames, IA

#525582 Mar 30, 2014
Tango wrote:"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Bible-only isn't Scriptural. Bible plus tradition handed down through the Apostles and Disciples is Scriptural. QUOTE:
The fact is that most of your traditions don't agree with Scripture. It's not just adding to the Scriptures but disagreeing with them.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525583 Mar 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But you SAID no manuscripts,or copies,of them..what did they copy from..you should be clearer ...
Each copyist had to trust that the person before him grammatically copied it right.. Not a real problem until you try and copy it in a different language to articulate it to a different people using their language in their culture. I think the oldest Christian Bible on record dates form the 4th century. This is hundreds of yrs after the Apostles wrote. It doesn't quite resemble any Bible we have today. It's missing many words and phrases as well as new words and phrases. None the less, it's still the word of God, and yes, it contains the 7 Books that Luther later removed. Rose, you can't simply believe that your Bible is correct, unless you acknowledge that the Catholic Church had to have copied it correctly, guided by the Holy Spirit grammatically, but not in interpretations. The latter takes allot of guts to believe. Allot of wishful thinking would need to go into that.

Here is a link to an interesting article:

www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/07/06/ancient.b...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#525584 Mar 30, 2014
This catholic is lying to you…

its ALL they do,--- IN A great PAGAN, ROMAN TIC, FRENZY“; and SERPENTine~“; - SLY ~ like UNIVERSIAL Orgy and A Spiritual Prostituted Circle…--- Complete of Lies /“;

Diverting, Leaping, Climbing, Falling & Twisting.

FOR - If Changing the Name of a Character in the bible Gives them Superiority over Others.

Why did God NEVER Change Mother Mary's NAME --? Mary's Name WAS NEver CHANGED.

So We can CONCLUDE.. Based on Catholic theology, that Mary OF ROME is not the Mary of Reality. Because God Never Changed Her Name ?

This is How Catholics Think.... They are Deranged and Deluted with their OWN Personal Self MADE Rules and Man made Carnal LAWs of LIES.

And Jesus and John ,... These MEN never had their NAME Changed.--------- Based on Catholic theology, Jesus and John are a Lower Status than Peter. Because God Changes the NAMES of the PEOPLE that He Sets up to have SUPERIORITY, Dominion, Power and status - over YOU.

IN fact Jesus declared “” Mat 16:19 “; I will give to U..{ Peter} Keys TO the kingdom of heaven:.] That ] That whatsoever u bind on earth is BOUND in heaven: and whatsoever u will loose on earth is loosed in heaven.

SUDDENLY HERE NOW In the SAME CHAPTER…we find Jesus HAVING departed from Galilee, to Judaea beyond Jordan “; And great multitudes followed him

Here, now ! just Days later--- Jesus is - NOW - DECLARING to a whole/ great multitude in Mat. 18 jUST a Couple Days Later

2 WHOLE CHAPTERS DOWN….CH. 18 …now DAYS LATER…- here THESE VERY, VERY, VERY SAME exact SAME KEYS “;

Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven [ meaning’] 19 = That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing in MY NAME I will be in their MIDST….THESE..ARE THE KEYS…..[

Jesus name * faith in Him ALONE,, SOLA … is these KEYS… jESUS Gave these KEYS of BINDING and LOOSING in His Name, to All Believers,

Also the 12 Sons of jACOB,/ Israel.--- Will Have their NAME Written on 12 Gates in Heaven.. Why Did God not Chang their Names,

REMEMBER.. As Christians. We do not Follow the IDEAS and OPINIONS of Peter and Paul. We are not Interested in the Words of Peter.

The Ideas of Paul mean nothing., But the Spirit that Inspired their Writings......... the Holy Spirit.

Peters Words are Worthless......... Pauls Ideas are meaningless. The Words of MAN. Have no Effect on the Christian.

But to the Catholic. The Words of MAN..... Are Over and CORRECT.---- the Word of God.

Catholics are Proven to be Liars.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525585 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholics will think it is OK because it is not Biblical. Same ol same ol. Just sayin'

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#525586 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Bible owes nothing to no one".
My Goodness Oldgg. The Bible is not a god. You have no clue what the sacred Scriptures are.
How do you function? If you are a "Bible alone" Christian, then you're NOT Bible alone. Do you understand that? "Bible alone" doesn't exist in Christianity. You have to first NOT be Bible alone to be "Bible alone". That's why fundamentals look silly trying to defend the undefendable concept of sola scritpura. In the process, you make normal Christians look stupid to the rest of the world. They think we are automatically as ignorant as you.
The Bible wasn't printed until October 22, 1454. Before that, your are nuts if you think it was in the hands of men like you. It was in the protection of the Church, and this Church did not believe in the future fundamental theory of "Bible alone". Why? Because "Bible alone" is NOT the word of God. It's the word of men like you, with itching ears, who sought to remove the Church set up by the Apostles and declare themselves authorities. You fail gramps. You can not find one iota of teachings that support your new and strange doctrines. You think you solve this problem by making up slander against the Roman Catholic Church? Ha. Your slander has been proven just that....over and over and over. You can't even function without your slander.
~~~~~~

I POSTED YOUR LAST RANTING ON FACE BOOK.. TO A GROUP OF EVANGELICAL PREACHERS..

STRAIGHT FROM YOUR DECEITFUL MOUTH

i...JUST WANTED THE REST OF THE WORLD TO KNOW WHAT YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC CULT REALLY BELIEVE..AND TEACH...

MANY OF THEM NEVER KNEW AND WILL BE SURPRISED...

IT'S TIME THAT THOSE THAT HAVE CONSIDERED YOUR CULT A CHRISTIAN RELIGION HEARD THE TRUTH FROM YOUR OWN FORUM.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525588 Mar 30, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Word has it the king of England gave the choice to the American colonies and Australia about who would get the fundamentalist Christians and who would take the criminals.
Australia got first choice.
LOL!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525590 Mar 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIG SIN was an ecology message from God ???
A movie from.atheists??
You bet I WON'T spend a,penny to see it ..
And seeing God's,word as allegory ...oh well....you guys,...Just floor me ...
Let's,run down Scripture so folks have to ask a,priest??
You're Biblically ignorant, that's the problem. You do no justice to the word of God by being that way.

I predict Atheist will see this movie and the 'thought' of a Creator will take root. With God, that's all it takes......just an initial thought', and if they seek Him sincerely, He'll meet them there.
Paranoid Bible worshipers will run to their compounds. That sounds like what you'll do.

Btw, the filmmakers are non-practicing Jews, I don't think they are atheist.

How come you do not recognize that sola scripture is a man-made impossible doctrine? Use your head and quit running from the truth. Jesus Christ established His Church, the pillar and foundation of truth. You do no good trying to bring it down.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525591 Mar 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By God is the clue,..not by Roman Catholic
My understanding is,that it was the CHURCHES...and was the Council in Rome where they decided ...???
All those,Churches,listed in Scripture.....but only the,Roman Catholic put together the bible...amazing.
Did the monks,preserve the word and copy it..of course,...but scripture is,God breathed and no one of the CHURCHES is,responsible for declaring it...
A greater many of.
The,scriptural writings,were acknowledged by the very early Church ...and,yes,letters,PASSED AROUND..copied for that purpose..., and no not Xeroxed as some thought I was,saying..sarcastically ...
These were,previous,writings,to be shared and preserved....and I still believe there were scribes,among His,disciples ..it makes,no sense that NOT ONE PERSON wrote down His,words,...until years,later...no notes..no letters...it strains the,mind ...and is,nonsensical..
A,complete,gospel might well have been put together later using these,writings..especially with Matthew as,he was added to the group.., or Mark scribing for Peter in the early Church ...
I can't prove it..but we shall see..the thought they had nothing written at all until decades later is,foolish....and we have NO IDEA,what writings,were lost when Jerusalem...the SEAT of Christianity and Judaism..in 70 ..destroyed b y rebels,or Romans and the entire place was,GONE ..
THANK GOD,many Followers,of the,Way left ...but that doesn't mean no one or nothing was,lost in that awful time ...
But I just don't see,why it's,so important to the RCC folks,here that they believe no one wrote a,thing.during Jesus,life...and that's,nothing against the CHURCH ...I'm betting in honestly some Catholic scholars came,to the same conclusion..it only makes,sense..they tout the letters,of the disciples,of the Apostles..but there was,NOT ONE THING WRITTEN..note or letter to be made,into a,later gospel while He,lived...????? Nonsense..
I'm betting many of Jesus,followers,she were dispersed wrote also..We,May not have it a 'll preserved ...but again ..common sense should prevail ..
Anyhow....the leaders,of the CHURCHES...under GODS,inspiration put together the Canon..
Rosesz,

I agree with much of what you say here. It's reasonable to assume that at least some of the Apostles and Disciples wrote letters or maintained some records. These would have been drawn on or referred to by people coming later to write what became the NT. Perhaps some of these writings were copied directly into some of the books. I suppose the truth of that is lost to antiquity, but it does make sense. Inspiration from the Holy Spirit would, it seems to me, be required not only for writing and passing on the various documents; but also for selecting the material to keep and the material to discard.

The Jewish Canon of what we call the OT was established after Jesus died. The Jewish officials in Israel drew from many different versions but relied most heavily on the Temple version, the Babylonian version, and the Alexandrian version (the Septuagint). The Septuagint was, of course, written in Greek. That may have been the impetus for earliest written Bibles being written in Greek since the Alexandrian Septuagint is much larger than the NT. The Catholic Canon of the OT and the NT were established by the churches in North Africa and have remained fixed since shortly before 400 AD.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525592 Mar 30, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~
I POSTED YOUR LAST RANTING ON FACE BOOK.. TO A GROUP OF EVANGELICAL PREACHERS..
STRAIGHT FROM YOUR DECEITFUL MOUTH
i...JUST WANTED THE REST OF THE WORLD TO KNOW WHAT YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC CULT REALLY BELIEVE..AND TEACH...
MANY OF THEM NEVER KNEW AND WILL BE SURPRISED...
IT'S TIME THAT THOSE THAT HAVE CONSIDERED YOUR CULT A CHRISTIAN RELIGION HEARD THE TRUTH FROM YOUR OWN FORUM.
Thank you for that! Although, i doubt these "preachers" will give up their careers spreading their ideas of Scripture. They'll puff their chests out like you and carry on undermining the truth.
(you can post that on FB too)

Location hidden

#525593 Mar 30, 2014
jESUS Gave the Keys of Binding and Loosing. To All Believers .

Yes He Introduced the Idea to Peter and the Apostles. in Chapter Matthew 16 ... in Galilee,

Then Chapter 18 jESUS Went to Judaea and Described the SAME eXact KEYS. IN the Same eXact Detail .. and Concluded that All Believers Who Believe in His Name have the Keys to Bind and Loose.

Catholics Deny Jesus CONCLUSION and Deny Him.

They Hate jESUS.,,,,,, and wish to Make Him and His Word a LIE.

jESUS GAVE All Believers . the Keys. The Same eXact KEYS that he had Just Given to Peter.

But Catholics Don't Tell You that. Maybe Because God never CHANGED HIS NAME.

Catholics do not think they Should Take Him Seriously.?

Obviously.

But He Traveled To
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525594 Mar 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You will not, in your present state, understand Scripture...so says the Bible: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Your lack of understanding the definition of tradition proves it....
I understand and accept the definition of "tradition". Your problem is your unwillingness to accept Scripture.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525595 Mar 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
See my last reply on that...
Your last reply made no more sense than your preceding replies.

Your inability to comprehend even simple things is nearly beyond comprehension. But I'll bite. What is "traditionary law", and why would Paul urge the faithful to maintain it? Do you have an explanation that makes any sense at all?

Location hidden

#525597 Mar 30, 2014
The Jewish Canon was established BEFORE Jesus.

There Was no REASON to INCLUDE the EXTRA Catholic BOOKS of the BIBLE,

Because there WERE and ARE no Original Hebrew MANUSCRIPTS of these FAKE Books.,
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525598 Mar 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In your present state, you will not understand Scripture...so says the Bible: I have given you this definition of tradition in that verse over and over....But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
If you read the next verse of Scripture:
"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
It's very difficult to understand why Paul would be telling the faithful to adhere to Jewish traditionary law as you claim. He is, instead, referring to the new traditions taught by "us either by word of mouth or by letter.". Since that's exactly what Paul says I don't understand why you think he might be referring instead to "Jewish traditionary law" as you claim.
Perhaps you could explain yourself?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525599 Mar 30, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosesz,
I agree with much of what you say here. It's reasonable to assume that at least some of the Apostles and Disciples wrote letters or maintained some records. These would have been drawn on or referred to by people coming later to write what became the NT. Perhaps some of these writings were copied directly into some of the books. I suppose the truth of that is lost to antiquity, but it does make sense. Inspiration from the Holy Spirit would, it seems to me, be required not only for writing and passing on the various documents; but also for selecting the material to keep and the material to discard.
The Jewish Canon of what we call the OT was established after Jesus died. The Jewish officials in Israel drew from many different versions but relied most heavily on the Temple version, the Babylonian version, and the Alexandrian version (the Septuagint). The Septuagint was, of course, written in Greek. That may have been the impetus for earliest written Bibles being written in Greek since the Alexandrian Septuagint is much larger than the NT. The Catholic Canon of the OT and the NT were established by the churches in North Africa and have remained fixed since shortly before 400 AD.
Luke was a doctor and a prolific writer.

Tango Bravo said, quote. "The Jewish Canon of what we call the OT was established after Jesus died." End quote.

So when Jesus quoted Scripture from where did He quote? It wasn't the Old Testament? If not, from what?

Location hidden

#525600 Mar 30, 2014
All of the Greek Manuscripts--- of the eXTRA CATHOLIC Books

This GARBAGE.... The Useless Apocrypha --- are statements or claims that are of dubious authenticity.

They have no ORIGINAL Hebrew Text.. because they were INVENTIONS of Lying Authors.

Which the Catholic and PAGAN world Made a Laughingstock of.

Re Creating, Adding to, and Furbishing in Fraud,

the Apocrypha...... to Suit their Personal Opinions . and WORLD View...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#525601 Mar 30, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholics will think it is OK because it is not Biblical. Same ol same ol. Just sayin'
It's very Biblical. It captures the whole meaning of the story. You just don't understand what the Bible is or where it came from. The Bible itself has become your god. Or worse, your interpetations of the Bible has become your god.
That's called idolatry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 min Sherlayne 84,137
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 3 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church 3 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 5 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States 5 hr Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Cultastic 9,207
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 16 hr KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web