Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687171 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525952 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Naturally those in religion wanted to perceive their selves as owning knowledge ... so they all wanted to jump on the Gnostic (knowledge) band-wagon.
Ex-Jewish Gnostics became Christian Gnostics ... and added the Jesus-myth TO their newly formed literature.
HaHaHa! you're funny June..

Location hidden

#525953 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If the bible gave readers a plain message, no questions would be necessary and bible-studies would never have had a place in history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
A Catechism is a manual of Christian doctrine drawn up in the form of questions and answers, especially one for religious instruction.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/history/creeds...
Who drew it up June? Jesus? really you jest right? June, you're so much smarter than that, c'mon..who gives the religious instructions June? Exactly!

Location hidden

#525954 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
(from a Q&A board)
The petrified trees are what Creationists call "polystrate fossils" (for 'many strata').
But it is not at all a 'stumper'(if you'll pardon the pun) for geologists, and in fact they've known about this since geologist John W. Dawson described and explained such a formation in 1868.
But Creationists don't get to be Creationists by staying "up-to-date" (as in advancing past the 19th century) on the scientific literature.
Start here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossi...
In a nutshell this is a great example of how the arguments of Creationism depend very much on the audience having a limited exposure to a particular science topic, be it genetics, anatomy, thermodynamics, biochemistry ... ior in this case geology.
The one true God doesn't require willful ignorance. No more than the one true God get angery and kills and tortures its own creation.
Plus everybody knows that concept of collective punishment is just plain immoral.
So much for the Creationist delusion.
Come now to the lite of truth.
Ramen
I know this is an open forum and all, but don't reply to my post. I think you're scum and you only defile my post. buzz off wannabee!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525955 Mar 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I wish to name anyone over something I never said?
Did you miss the point again?
I quoted directly from your post. I don't blame you for not being specific.

In delusions, one makes foolish statements that can not be backed up. So now I "missed the point?"

OK, please re-state. Or just smugly run away, as you always accuse other of doing, I might add.

I don't fear specifics or facts. I have no problem with science or the scientific method.

My God is the true God.

Come out of the darkness.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525956 Mar 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i believe that homosexuality is offensive behavior to God/Jesus.
And that is your right to believe such silliness.

But you won't answer any of my questions ... such as, "If the supposed creator was offended by homosexuality ... how come there are at least 1500 non-human animals that are homosexual in their natures?"

Now you will go to PREACH another subject and avoid this one.

Preaching religion is you calling your self to the podium.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525957 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> ..who gives the religious instructions June?
You ... and millions of others.

The fad now is to claim not belonging to a religion. Some claim they are "spiritual" and that is supposed to mean that they are WISE while others still in religion are dumb.

Robert F claims he is neither Catholic or Protestant but yet has found his Christian "center."

AHHHH the games people play..........

Non-human animals are not cursed with religious pomposity.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#525958 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that you, Confrinting are a "self-appointed minister" with an underlying
unchristian "hostile" attitude that condemns EVERYONE else's faith and salvation in Jesus Christ because it doesn't ' fit into your own (opinionated) bible only "cracker box" preaching!!! If anyone " is at war against the TRUE body of Christ ---it is YOU and your misguided and mis- directed "man-made" Protestant ministry that has ( rejected) the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with regards to Matthew 16 :13-21 and His One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-
Catholic Church beginning with His first visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders in Acts 2.---The proof that you are "truly" at war with the Body of Christ is by your "blatant, defiant and rebellious rejection" of the Eucharist ---Our Lords TRUE body and blood that he (clearly) gives to us in John 6:47-59 also written in the other Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke as Jesus tells us again and again!!!!"For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)-----you CANNOT have eternal life!
I suggest that you come to these "historical and biblical TRUTHS of the Gospel of Jesus before you continue " throwing around" any more of your distorted half-truth, half-heresy bible only Christianity!!
~~~

It is the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...THAT IS SELF APPOINTED..

and it has proven itself to be antichrist from it's inception...

You cannot provide one scripture from the OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT ..THAT GIVES

AND AUTHENTICITY TO A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NOR ANY OF THE

CONJECTURE THAT IT HAS ATTEMPTED TO PALM OFF ON THE WORLD.

IT ONLY USES CHRISTIANITY TO FURTHER IT OWN AGENDA...AS OTHER CULTS DO.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525959 Mar 31, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted directly from your post. I don't blame you for not being specific.
In delusions, one makes foolish statements that can not be backed up. So now I "missed the point?"
OK, please re-state. Or just smugly run away, as you always accuse other of doing, I might add.
I don't fear specifics or facts. I have no problem with science or the scientific method.
My God is the true God.
Come out of the darkness.
Ramen
Did your true god take his scientific training in the science lab at the Vatican???

:)

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#525960 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong! they are inspired by Satan.
there are many many things about that church that goes against EVERYTHING Jesus taught.
(1 they are Idolaters
(2 they play Intermediary between God and man (only Jesus can claim that)
(3 the pagan worships of Rome are directly tied to coincide with the worship of Christ (dec. 25 )
( 4 they offer forgives, or sell, it to you, when only God can forgive.
the list goes on, but you get the gist of it.
the first Christ Mass was 453ad, i think, the pope at that time was, pope sixus 111, literally 666.
so yeah, you're right in a sense but it is not what you think. just my opinion of course
Wrong, you are the anti-Christ!
1) no, idol worship is against our faith.
2) wrong, then do not ever ask your fellow man to pray for you. Why do you do that?
3)wrong, Catholic Christians converted the pagans. Oh I get it , you are JW. Don't celebrate birthdays right? Brainwashed !
4) Wrong, the first mass was performed by Jesus himself on the day before he died.

"Jesus gave his apostles power and authority to reconcile us to the Father. They received Jesus’ own power to forgive sins when he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained" (John 20:22–23).

Some churches rip on the Catholic faith so they can keep members. Don't believe everything you hear. Check it out first.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525961 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I know this is an open forum and all, but don't reply to my post. I think you're scum and you only defile my post. buzz off wannabee!!
Forgive me.

And may the Force be with you.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525962 Mar 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your true god take his scientific training in the science lab at the Vatican???
:)
Actually, I believe the RCC learned a great lesson from the Galileo fiasco.

Today, they are slightly less delusional for it. But I get your point.

It's just good to have the one true God and not have to deny reason

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525963 Mar 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i believe that homosexuality is offensive behavior to God/Jesus.
i believe that atheists make their own choice to be seperated from God, even though He gives equal opportunity to all through his Son.
i'm ready to accept your apology:-)
i'm ready to accept your apology:-)
If you are correct and He gives equal opportunity to all through his Son -- please explain why there are so many Christians in the West (where the RCC held sway) and so few in the East and Middle East where the RCC had little or no influence.

If the "opportunity" were "equal," shouldn't Christianity be equally distributed around the world?

The "equal opportunity" claim is as June says Bunkology.

Come to the truth.

Ramen
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#525964 Mar 31, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
and it has proven itself to be antichrist from it's inception...
You cannot provide one scripture from the OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT ..THAT GIVES
AND AUTHENTICITY TO A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NOR ANY OF THE
CONJECTURE THAT IT HAS ATTEMPTED TO PALM OFF ON THE WORLD.
IT ONLY USES CHRISTIANITY TO FURTHER IT OWN AGENDA...AS OTHER CULTS DO.
17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jona; it is not flesh and blood, it is my Father in heaven that has revealed this to thee. 18 And I tell thee this in my turn, that thou art Peter, and it is upon this rock that I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Confrint, you do not speak for God and are not a successor of the Apostles, therefore you are nothing more than a layman who quotes scripture and have no real understanding of of it.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#525965 Mar 31, 2014
Michael

Canada

#525966 Mar 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that you, Confrinting are a "self-appointed minister" with an underlying
unchristian "hostile" attitude that condemns EVERYONE else's faith and salvation in Jesus Christ because it doesn't ' fit into your own (opinionated) bible only "cracker box" preaching!!! If anyone " is at war against the TRUE body of Christ ---it is YOU and your misguided and mis- directed "man-made" Protestant ministry that has ( rejected) the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with regards to Matthew 16 :13-21 and His One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-
Catholic Church beginning with His first visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders in Acts 2.---The proof that you are "truly" at war with the Body of Christ is by your "blatant, defiant and rebellious rejection" of the Eucharist ---Our Lords TRUE body and blood that he (clearly) gives to us in John 6:47-59 also written in the other Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke as Jesus tells us again and again!!!!"For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)-----you CANNOT have eternal life!
I suggest that you come to these "historical and biblical TRUTHS of the Gospel of Jesus before you continue " throwing around" any more of your distorted half-truth, half-heresy bible only Christianity!!
...(lol)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525967 Mar 31, 2014
Is it folly to be wise or not?

PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

OK, yes and no, sometimes. That's clear as mud. Typical of a delusion.

Come to the lite of truth.

Ramen
Michael

Canada

#525968 Mar 31, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you are the anti-Christ!
1) no, idol worship is against our faith.
2) wrong, then do not ever ask your fellow man to pray for you. Why do you do that?
3)wrong, Catholic Christians converted the pagans. Oh I get it , you are JW. Don't celebrate birthdays right? Brainwashed !
4) Wrong, the first mass was performed by Jesus himself on the day before he died.
"Jesus gave his apostles power and authority to reconcile us to the Father. They received Jesus’ own power to forgive sins when he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained" (John 20:22–23).
Some churches rip on the Catholic faith so they can keep members. Don't believe everything you hear. Check it out first.
.... Every religion past and present have, or had, their drama filled stories from their religious books that have captured the imaginations of their followers. Fear is what keeps you attached. Fear of being left behind. Fear of not belonging.

.....that's why religions are just called beliefs, not truths or facts, but beliefs

....You don't think little Muslim children don't get all excited when their parents teach them about Allah?........

....have your fun! but learn about all of them, that keeps away the closed mind syndrome.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525969 Mar 31, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
And YOU have been appointed by GOD to preach Protestantism ... RIGHT???

That is your story ... and you are sticking to it as shit sticks to a blanket.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525970 Mar 31, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Every religion past and present have, or had, their drama filled stories from their religious books that have captured the imaginations of their followers. Fear is what keeps you attached. Fear of being left behind. Fear of not belonging.
.....that's why religions are just called beliefs, not truths or facts, but beliefs
....You don't think little Muslim children don't get all excited when their parents teach them about Allah?........
....have your fun! but learn about all of them, that keeps away the closed mind syndrome.
Don't forget the PRIDE of believing the self to be ULTRA-special to a god.

That makes a huge self impression on those who idolize attitudes of one-up-man-ship.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525971 Mar 31, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jona; it is not flesh and blood, it is my Father in heaven that has revealed this to thee. 18 And I tell thee this in my turn, that thou art Peter, and it is upon this rock that I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Confrint, you do not speak for God and are not a successor of the Apostles, therefore you are nothing more than a layman who quotes scripture and have no real understanding of of it.
Actually the Catholic church fathers wrote ... 17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed art thou, Simon son of Jona; it is not flesh and blood, it is my Father in heaven that has revealed this to thee. 18 And I tell thee this in my turn, that thou art Peter, and it is upon this rock that I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; 19 and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) 14 hr Tom Fontaine 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon JAXON 10,631
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web