Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685696 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Claremont, Australia

#525748 Mar 30, 2014
God created people to be happy.

Angels are full of happiness.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525749 Mar 30, 2014
Please tell me orange color why is very interesting, which is that religion or reformations.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525750 Mar 30, 2014
truth wrote:
Why is catholic wrong?
That's what you should ask your self.

Teaching people to fight over dogmas is counter-productive.

No one wins the fight ... as they all believe they are right.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#525751 Mar 30, 2014
truth wrote:
God created people to be happy.
Angels are full of happiness.
So is Santa Claus.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525752 Mar 30, 2014
https://www.google.com.au/search...

no i am catholic
see

i am not reformist

i never change my mind
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

see

god is not less on this earth as you think
they nothing reform
not at all

Why is Jesus Hebrew?

Why they reject Jesus?

nkh

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#525753 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You people continually inform each other what is going to occur in the future. And then you state that only God knows, and it's not your place TO know.
Why don't you stop pretending you do know ... if you don't know???
I know nothingggg.....Orthodox uses bread and Catholics have waffles
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525754 Mar 30, 2014
i am inat now

i am not germa or kvasac to any-oneeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525755 Mar 30, 2014
kidney can fit in germa
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525756 Mar 30, 2014
kidney can't fit in germa

when kidney shuttering then death coming
my people need be aware of that

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#525757 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sad.
No I don't think so. Its the truth ...
truth

Claremont, Australia

#525758 Mar 30, 2014
seed of wheat is some
you can eat plain too as ''ustipak''
as flato bread see
no kvasne kruhove not with yeats

god tested kidney
when kidney shuttering death

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525759 Mar 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One and only one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is the "Only thing" that needs to be repeated over and over and over again to ALL of you anti-Catholics who have "rejected the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH that has existed for over 2000 years! NOTHING else needs to be said ---or---- is worth saying on this forum!!!
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525760 Mar 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need ANY convincing because I know ( without a doubt) what 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH is! While bible only fundies, atheists, agnostics and other anti-Catholics have chosen to reject the at TRUTH of Jesus Christs one True Catholic Church, I have chosen to "defend it" against the distortions, lies, deceit and heresy that has (unsuccessfully) tried to destroy and undermine Jesus Christs One a True Church for the past 2000 years .
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:

You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...

Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!

Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#525761 Mar 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all should. What will they gain if they simply join to join? If you don't sincerely believe that the chair of Peter holds primacy, then stay where you're at.
Orthodox don't deny that Francis is the legitimate successor to Peter as Bishop of Rome. They only deny his primacy over the other Bishops.
To me, I think its illogical to believe that Bartholomew or James acted apart from Peter in the first century. Therefore, the successors of each office, probably continued that hierarchical order, if that's how it was originally set up.
The Bible says the opposite Claypool, you have not been reborn to decipher the Bible.

I was like you a believer but not catholic, when I was saved my thinking did a one-eighty.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#525762 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which "meaning" did you ADD to that story???
Observe what the Catholic church fathers added to the Jewish version. A "box" is very different from a boat.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Noah's Ark
The Hebrew name to designate Noah's Ark, the one which occurs again in the history of Moses' childhood, suggests the idea of a box of large proportions, though the author of Wisdom terms it a vessel (Wisdom 14:6). The same conclusion is reached from the dimensions attributed to it by the Bible narrative: three hundred cubits in length, fifty in breadth, and thirty in height. The form, very likely foursquare, was certainly not very convenient for navigation, but, as has been proven by the experiments of Peter Jansen and M. Vogt, it made the Ark a very suitable device for shipping heavy cargoes and floating upon the waves without rolling or pitching. The Ark was constructed of gofer wood, or cypress, smeared without and within with pitch, or bitumen, to render it water-tight. The interior contained a certain number of rooms distributed among three stories.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01720a.htm
Navigate?
What the hell June? Navigate where?
From what I gather it was built only for survival, not transport to a known destination.

Location hidden

#525763 Mar 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that religion puts such a wedge between Catholics and Protestants.
But you won't become a Protestant and Protestants won't become Catholics (except on rare occasions) so the fights will never end.
And that is religion in a nutshell!
If you want to stop the religious fights ... LEAVE RELIGION!
"And that is religion in a nutshell!"

uuuuummmmm no June, that would only be the one of many religions, known as Christianity.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#525764 Mar 30, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Leading creationist Ken Ham, who recently debated Bill Nye, says that the new blockbuster, starring Russell Crowe, is an insult to Christians: "Ultimately, there is barely a hint of biblical fidelity in this film. It is an unbiblical, pagan film from its start"
The,producer ..director on tv admitted,he,is,atheist..

From all reports,the great sin of man in the,movie was not being GREEN ...an ECO film..

Many of them believe the,earth would be better without humans,at all...and,Noah th I bling he should kill babies not born on the Ark in the first place to save Mother Earth is tight up So Gore's,alley (except him of course)

What a,shame ...all that production and GOD isn't mentioned ...I'm surprised they acknowledged a,Creator ...but Catholics,will like it , according to Liam..??

I know,a few,who won't spend a,penny watching it...who believe in Scripture too..

What is,it about this,forum and the Catholics,on here,.

Location hidden

#525765 Mar 30, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says the opposite Claypool, you have not been reborn to decipher the Bible.
I was like you a believer but not catholic, when I was saved my thinking did a one-eighty.
What?
Let me get this straight;
You were a believer, but after getting "saved" your thinking did a 180, and now you are not a believer?
<wink>
marge

Leesburg, GA

#525766 Mar 30, 2014
I was looking for the right word to use, opposite seems accurate.

They claim to write the Bible but believe the opposite of what it says, Clay is almost a hundred percent opposite.

The Lord rebuke you Clay.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525767 Mar 30, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the definition of Old Testament.
Is the Torah is part of the Old Testament? The Torah was compiled 400-450 BCE.
To which definition of canon were you referring.
Canon = a general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged.
Canon = a collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine.
<quoted text>
Tango Bravo said, quote, "By context you could have deduced that I was referring to: a collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine." End quote.
Roman Catholics are never straightforward and have a tendency to twist and manipulate the response from another poster. Romans twist, twist, twist until it fits, fits fits.
The Torah was compiled in 400-450 BCE. The question was, is the Torah part of the Old Testament? Yes or no.
What rubbish! The question was, "When was the Hebrew Canon established?" The answer is, "Around 200 AD or later." The Torah was well known before that time, but the Hebrew Canon includes far more than the Torah alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web