Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653995 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#525400 Mar 29, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke in an unknown language, perhaps Aramaic, Hebrew, or Latin. His Apostles and Disciples told His story by word of mouth and by writings that constitute Tradition. Eventually some of these Traditions were assembled into the Canon which was written down in a variety of languages. Greek finally became the language of choice. Eventually the Canon was written in Latin and that became the official language of the Canon. Finally the Latin Canon was translated into the other languages used throughout the earth.
ITB, aka Oxbow, takes an English version of the Bible that is the result of 2000 years of study and scholarship by experts, translates individual words into Greek even though he isn't fluent in Greek, and then translates Greek words back into English words of his own choosing even though he isn't fluent in English. Thus his heresy is fulfilled.
Then she calls us stupid?
No need to re verify your stupidity....and you have proven your cowardice...you will not openly accept and share with us the truth in your own Bible!!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525401 Mar 29, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
The stars are not for signs.

Bats are not birds.

Slavery isn't moral.

How many clues does God need to give you?

Where did you get your "holy book?'

Oops, I forgot. From an evil cult.

RaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH A

Ramen
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525402 Mar 29, 2014
Jesus Christ give answer to that divided
''get out from him or her..''
see who try as demonic spirits divided

many many many will come in my name its not me
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

its written who going be fall
angels and demons will fall

what they pray Marcy Marcy Marcy my Lord
why
They liked see how much is rich our lovely Lord.

Lord can rich you with his finger.

Location hidden

#525403 Mar 29, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you refuse to accept Scripture.
"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Are you a heretic in the same vein as Oxbow or do you follow some other non-Scriptural heresy?
How about it Catholic?? You champion "traditions" as your mainstay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".

ITB, in support of same, quotes "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholics lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!

There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????

ITB has no clue...can any of you help her answer my question??????

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525404 Mar 29, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
In Xianity's defense, Muslims just as delusional, if not more so.
Reality good.
Ramen
I suggest that there is no defense for religion.

I've never observed Catholics and Protestants on this or any other forum that want to make each other feel good about how they use their bibles.

They have a need to make each other feel inadequate ... yet they all consider their selves as knowing and preaching the meaning of the word love.

Amazing.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#525405 Mar 29, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to re verify your stupidity....and you have proven your cowardice...you will not openly accept and share with us the truth in your own Bible!!!!
Case in point!

One insult after the other, after the other.......
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525406 Mar 29, 2014
upon discipline symbol of fire
open conciseness of them
they start speak every language
which exist on this planet

they sing

zapali moje srce
vatrom svoje ljubavi
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525407 Mar 29, 2014
Lord can rich you with his finger.
God is everywhere ..Omnipotent!

don't tell
-who can't speak
-who can

Location hidden

#525408 Mar 29, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read the entire chapter your quote comes from. You'll be surprised.
It appears none of your ilk are as interested in the truth than you...zilch...

How about it Catholic?? You champion "traditions" as your main stay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".

ITB, in support of same, quotes "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholics lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!

----------

BTW....In the entire NT....the definition of tradition is the Jewish traditionary law:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#525409 Mar 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Tony17 wrote:
I plan to go see the new movie called Noah if only to see how wrong they got it. The flood of Noah couldn't have been worldwide. I guarantee you in the movie they will portray the flood as being worldwide.
~~~
YOUR TRIVIA INTEREST IN THE WORD OF GOD WILL NOT SAVE YOU.
SALVATION INCLUDES DELIVERANCE.
UNTIL YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DELIVERANCE AND HAVE FAITH ENOUGH TO SEEK AND RECEIVE IT ...YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.
HOMOSEXUALITY IS SIN....IT IS NOT OF FAITH...
Rom_14:23 .......... whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
YOU ARE DIVIDED... IN SIN ...AGAINST YOU SOULS SALVATION.
Sooo. According to you I am not a Christian. Sweetheart considering what passes for a Christian these days,telling me thAT i'M NOT Christian is the best compliment you could pay me so thank you for telling me that I'm not Christian. That's a load off my mind. I wouldn't be a Christian if you paid me. Christ Himslef wouldn't have any use for you so called Christians these days either.

You Christians of today have a serious credibility problem. And I thank the Lord God that I'm not numbered with you. I deserve better.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525410 Mar 29, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How about it Catholic?? You champion "traditions" as your mainstay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".
Your quotes from Matthew and Mark are Jesus talking to the Pharisees about their own traditions. Your quote from Colossians is a message from Paul warning the faithful to be careful to follow the Word of God instead of the traditions of men.

The following quote from Thessalonians is a quote from Paul warning the faithful to "stand firm and hold to the traditions" extended to them from Jesus through His Apostles and Disciples. "So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)

Bible-only isn't Scriptural. Bible plus tradition handed down through the Apostles and Disciples is Scriptural.

While you adhere to a Bible-only tradition originated by men you will deprive yourself of a better relationship with God. If you repent and confess your heresy you will be welcomed back into the Catholic Church.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#525411 Mar 29, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears none of your ilk are as interested in the truth than you...zilch...
How about it Catholic?? You champion "traditions" as your main stay.. you trump the Word of God with your "traditions".
----------
BTW....In the entire NT....the definition of tradition is the Jewish traditionary law:
Your inability to comprehend even simple things is nearly beyond comprehension. But I'll bite. What is "traditionary law", and why would Paul urge the faithful to maintain it?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#525412 Mar 29, 2014
I wouldn't be a Christian

I'll tell you the reason why

Afraid the Lord might call me

And I wouldn't be ready to die...
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525413 Mar 29, 2014
nobody say you are christian or not..

Why I need dispute that with you?

Everything under sky have name!
Is that something tell you.

now numbers
Even numbers stay in order too.
Is that something tell you too.

If god make day and night as well everything in order why I need dispute
that with you.
Who is bigger or smaller..no..holy scripture say wiser.

Again holy scripture say no-one like him under sky
who
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525414 Mar 29, 2014
many many many who exist

who they are

why they going fall

angels and demons
its written
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525415 Mar 29, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you refuse to accept Scripture.
"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Are you a heretic in the same vein as Oxbow or do you follow some other non-Scriptural heresy?
So you refuse to accept the Scripture?

Matthew 15:3,“He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?”

Mark 7:13,“Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.”

Colossians 2:8,“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

Location hidden

#525416 Mar 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is uorld (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
edited for space

Catholics contend that the whole world is indebted to the Roman Catholic church for the existence of the Bible. This is another of their attempts to exalt the church as an authority in addition to the Bible.
Please notice the following from Catholic sources:

* "If she had not scrutinized carefully the writings of her children, rejecting some and approving others as worthy of inclusion in the canon of the New Testament, there would be no New Testament today.
* "If she had not declared the books composing the New Testament to be inspired word of God, we would not know it.
* "The only authority which non-Catholics have for the inspiration of the Scriptures is the authority of the Catholic Church." (The Faith of Millions, p. 145)
* "It is only by the divine authority of the Catholic Church that Christians know that the scripture is the word of God, and what books certainly belong to the Bible." (The Question Box, p. 46)
* "It was the Catholic Church and no other which selected and listed the inspired books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament...If you can accept the Bible or any part of it as inspired Word of God, you can do so only because the Catholic Church says it is." (The Bible is a Catholic Book, p. 4).

The Catholic writers quoted above state that one can accept the Bible as being inspired and as having authority only on the basis of the Catholic Church. In reality, the Bible is inspired and has authority, not because a church declared it so, but because God made it so. God delivered it by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and declared that it would abide forever. "All scripture is inspired of God..." (2 Tim. 3:16). "...Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Pet. 1:21). "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." (Matt. 24:35). "The grass withered, and the flower has fallen--but the word of the Lord endures forever." (1 Pet. 1:24-25).

The Catholics are wrong, therefore, in their assumption that the Bible is authoritative only because of the Catholic Church. The Bible does not owe its existence to the Catholic Church, but to the authority, power and providence of God.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525417 Mar 29, 2014
reXpectrum wrote:
Visit the Website below
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/questi...
This Website is FURTHER Proof that the Roman Catholic Cult is a LIE.
The Roman Catholic Church did not Even Produce a Latin / Italian Translation of the Scriptures Untill 500 Years after jESUS Christ.
And Then the Roman Catholic Church, Refused to Translate the Bible in ANY OTHER Languge for another One Thousand and Two Hundred Years.
Twelve Hundred Years.
So 500 Years Went By, From the Time of jESUS Christ and the Catholic Church Failed to Translate a Latin / Italian Version the Scriptures.
Then a TOTAL of 1600 years. 1600 Years / One Thousand 600 Years - from the Time of jESUS Christ, to the First Catholic Bible, Translated into another Languag other than Latin / Italian
In 1582 The Roman Catholic Church Translated The Douay–Rheims Bible. Why did the Roman Catholic Church wait for One Thousand and Six Hundred Years after jESUS Christ to Make a NON Latin / Italian - Translation of the Bible ?
You Know _ eXactly Why. The Roman Catholic Hates the Bible, Catholics Hate the Mary of the BIble, They are Dis-satisfied / Un-Satisfied With The Mary Portrayed in the Bible. Catholics are not In LOVE with the Mary, Portrayed in the Bible.
The Mary, Mother Of jESUS - Who is described in the Scriptures is not the Mary that Catholics Love.
Catholics have Re- Created another Mary, they have Twisted and Horribly Perverted the Image and Character of Mary. Catholics have Re- Animated and , Re- Constructed Mother Mary. they Hate Her, this is why they have to Re- Mold Her in another image that they can Love.
Roman Catholics are not in Love with the jESUS of the Bible. They REjECT and Deny his eXistance as Described in Scriptures. They have RE- Constructed another Person that they Call jESUS. BUT their god is not the god of the Bible.
This is Why that Catholics Can Demand that Allah, the god of Islam is the God of the Bible... Catholics have NO Bible. For their Faith.
AMEN!!! Roman Empire = Roman Catholic. Hand in glove.

Location hidden

#525418 Mar 29, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
I wouldn't be a Christian
I'll tell you the reason why
Afraid the Lord might call me
And I wouldn't be ready to die...
Your readiness or lack off will not change facts: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
truth

South Perth, Australia

#525419 Mar 29, 2014
god know on front
who can and who can't
Are you for sure you are Simon from Cirene who help with cross?

you are liar you know that very well

Jesus Christ is been rejected as well many good people with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr I recently left 10,207
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web