Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,983
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524980 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary. "
It's Greek. Look it up.
"Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait."
It refers to saints. Mary isn't a saint? You and your co-religionists are?
"The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing."
You mean some anti-Catholic protestant scholars perhaps. Others? No.
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a116.htm
" When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework."
As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved".
AnthonyMN said, quote, "As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved""End quote.

Name calling? Vulgar sexual suggestions? Wow, you are the king of the name callers. I expected this explosion of frustration when the Bible backed you into a corner and the only defense you had was "name calling".

Just as you admitted the truth about the Bishop of Bling why not confess your ignorance of Scripture and try to learn.

AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.

John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#524981 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe in one,Lord,Jesus,Christ as,do you..
We should be closer as Christians...
Exactly!!! If so., then why do you anti-catholic fundies continue to attack, condemn and hostily rip the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ day after day!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524982 Mar 28, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
"The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary. "
It's Greek. Look it up.
"Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait."
It refers to saints. Mary isn't a saint? You and your co-religionists are?
"The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing."
You mean some anti-Catholic protestant scholars perhaps. Others? No.
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a116.htm
" When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework."
As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved".
----------
I don't agree with name calling and vulgar suggestions.(I certainly don't think Christians should resort to such)..but...
What do you know about 'getting saved'?
I am saved, I am being saved, I hope to be saved.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#524983 Mar 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has "nothing to do" with (my personal) interpretation of the bible when living the Catholic faiths in Jesus Christ! The True interpretation of the Word of God came in 382, 393 and 397AD from the Early Church Fathers who wrote it, translated it and interpreted it..........We asCatholics will leave the "My Interpretation" to those Fundie Protestants and the rest of the other 42,200 plus bible only preachers each of who place their "relative editorialized Truth" as the "final authority"!!!!
You are lying...again!!!! Christ did not say one thing about your church fodders giving you nor anyone else the true interpretation of the Word of God....

This is what He said...you missed it....quote: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524984 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved""End quote.
Name calling? Vulgar sexual suggestions? Wow, you are the king of the name callers. I expected this explosion of frustration when the Bible backed you into a corner and the only defense you had was "name calling".
Just as you admitted the truth about the Bishop of Bling why not confess your ignorance of Scripture and try to learn.
AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.
John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
I've said this many times...nothing angers me or frustrates me here. Ever. I'm secure in my faith and although I do occasionally, purely in the form of humor, use adjectives to describe some folks here, I have never made sexually demeaning comments to other posters.

You on the other hand, a self-described protestant deacon, name call here almost every day, have made some of the most vulgar and disgusting sexually demeaning suggestions directed at posters of anyone who's been here.

My thoughts? You're using a bad translation.

Location hidden

#524985 Mar 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!! If so., then why do you anti-catholic fundies continue to attack, condemn and hostily rip the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ day after day!!!
Dream on....coward...
It is worth repeating that you are repeating a lie...

The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!
Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

Location hidden

#524986 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saved, I am being saved, I hope to be saved.
Not per Scripture you ain't!!!!

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I am saved....absolutely....for eternity....I sleep well....I am comforted...
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#524987 Mar 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on....coward...
It is worth repeating that you are repeating a lie...
The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!
Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......
BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!
Worth repeating!!!!
You keep repeating the same old bible only manipulation of the Word of God along
with your repetitious "fictitious Protestant Church history myths, legends and lies!........You have become an "expert" at distorting the Truth of the bible$. and twisting the Truth of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History!!!-------AND------ever yone on this forum "knows it...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#524988 Mar 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has "nothing to do" with (my personal) interpretation of the bible when living the Catholic faiths in Jesus Christ!
It has EVERYTHING to do with how you interpret what you believe.

You believe that Jesus lives in spirit form as a Catholic ... and that he will save only Catholics and take them to Christian heaven.

That IS your personal belief and YOU and no one BUT YOU are responsible for entertaining that belief.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#524989 Mar 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite the PREACHER.
I wouldn't trust you to treat a woman who wanted an abortion with any compassion whatsoever.
She would have to follow your will to suit YOU!!!
I would and have tried to dissuade her..if she went ahead..I would treat her with love..and have...you know nothing ..June ..which is,why I don't usually answer ..

I pray you can find peace and the love of Christ in your life ..

Prince George, Canada

#524990 Mar 28, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
I don't agree with name calling and vulgar suggestions.(I certainly don't think Christians should resort to such)
I would rather you swear at me and call me filthy names rather than being certain that I deserve hell for not belonging to your religion.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#524991 Mar 28, 2014
Worth looking at IMO
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Prince George, Canada

#524992 Mar 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You demand that the Protestants should be Catholic in order for Jesus to WANT to save them.

How funny all of you are ... to think that even if Jesus lived in spirit form, that he would give a sweet damn about Christianized you.

I suggest he would be minding his own business in Judaism ... PROPER.

Prince George, Canada

#524993 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said this many times...nothing angers me or frustrates me here.
I suggest that the insinuation that you might go to hell would frustrate you ... as it would ALL devout believers in all religions.

Only the thought of heaven can appease the emotional state of a Christian.

What I find most humorous is that Jews don't even believe that they go to Christian heaven.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#524994 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, I would MUCH rather be excommunicated, repent, confess, make full restitution and be welcomed back with open arms into full communion with the Church than be Pelosi, Biden or Kerry and obstinately refuse to repent and acknowledge their sin while defiling the Body of Christ and pretending to be in full communion. Rest assured, they will get their just reward
~~~

So will you...

Sin is sin ...There is no big ones

or little one's No white one or black ones.

the wages of sin is death

Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Prince George, Canada

#524995 Mar 28, 2014
I suggest that if Jesus exists in spirit form but is not either Catholic or Protestant ... the Christians are lost to salvation.

How tragic is that???

However, it's not "yet" too late for Christians to join Judaism.

Even the Gnostic (knowledge-able) Christians could join Judaism as being the only real deal concerning the Abrahamic religion.

tongue in cheek

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#524996 Mar 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You see it your way ... they see it their way.
You believe they are in error ... they believe you are in error.
I believe none of us would recognize truth if it stared us right in the face.
Maybe our views are all we have, and views seem to be kaleidoscopic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
kaleidoscopic
continually shifting from one set of relations to another; rapidly changing: the kaleidoscopic events of the past year.
Synonyms
changeable, fluctuating, protean, variable.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kaleid...
Just as an opinion, believing only in a portion of what was taught by a person would cause the learner to miss many teachings, thus be in error.

There is no "kaleidoscopic" shift in perception. Its a blatant "believe this way or you are not one of us"....plain and simple.

I've chosen to give others the information that they were never allowed to utilize, BECAYSE OF MEN - and not because of Jesus, the Apostles or "God".

Men have caused people to believe they do, I'm helping out by providing the remaining teachings of Jesus that were missed.

You or others may take them to the ocean and dump them, or you can try to understand them - as they are - and then try to make a better life for yourself by utilizing them.

Prince George, Canada

#524997 Mar 28, 2014
Christians ALL vilified Judaism as being based on truth.

That is how the Christian religion started.

It never should have begun.

You all KNOW in your GUTS that a Jewish Rabbi would not veer from his own religion. He would however want to correct the wayward Jews such as the Catholics and Gnostic Christians to come back to REAL Judaism.

The Protestants are not even worth a mention. They came along on the shirt-tales of the ex-Catholic Martin Luther.

Religion is all bunk!!!

Prince George, Canada

#524998 Mar 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
So will you...
Sin is sin ...
Have you and Martin Luther yet managed to swing Jesus onto your path of corruption???

:)

Silly fool!

Prince George, Canada

#524999 Mar 28, 2014
I suggest that if a god lives, he should start correcting his wayward preachers by telling them to shut the f*ck up and stop making such fools of their selves.

:)

Jesus ... first a Jew
Then ... Jesus a Catholic
Then ... Jesus a Gnostic Christian
Then ... Jesus a Protestant

What next???

OH YES ...…

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 47 min Hebrewsunite 9,035
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 1 hr barefoot2626 35
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 13 hr YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
More from around the web