Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,236
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

United States

#524935 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
lol - I am not my own pope ...Get a clue...the DIFFERENCE is that I have not set myself up on the world stage, formed my own country, called myself 'father' and ordered the murder of heretics. And if YOU think anyone doing such as that IS - through some miracle - interpreting the Bible correctly ... you are sorely mistaken.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what you WANT to believe.
Jesus supports ALL of your interpretation of biblical words.
THERE ... does that feed your ego what it desires???
-
-
lol
I am too fallible for Jesus to support ANY of my 'errors' of belief - if he did, he would be a liar.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#524936 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth do you care? Find a different hobby.
...I care deeply.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#524937 Mar 28, 2014
I suggest that Ellen (of all people) should know better than to pick on the Inuit people who have been hunting seals for their livelihood long before Ellen existed.

As a homosexual, she (her self) has been the target of "evil" behavior.

But humans are slow to learn.

Prince George, Canada

#524938 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
lol
I am too fallible for Jesus to support ANY of my 'errors' of belief - if he did, he would be a liar.
If you believed you were fallible, you wouldn't be using a bible at all ... much less to preach at others about how to be moral.

Prince George, Canada

#524939 Mar 28, 2014
People go to their religious literature for the reason of wanting to learn how to be HOLY.

What a sick joke.

Then they pick up those books and start preaching at others HOW to be HOLY.

And history proves that if you don't learn HOW to be HOLY, they will kill you for not wanting to learn that holiness means what THEY say it says.

Idiots!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524940 Mar 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I care deeply.
lol. You're "agnostic".

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#524941 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, take a breather Rose. They bring scandal to the Church no doubt, but the only reason they are even on TV or at an installation mass is because they are diplomats representing the USA (unfortunately). If they weren't they'd be sitting at home watching like everyone else.
Unfortunately can't see that happening..

On a change of subject.

The new movie Noah ...supposedly uses only Creator not God ..to appeal to all people..

.portrays the big SIN as sins against the Earth ....as we hear worshipped in our age ...eco loft

and may have babies on the Ark that Noah is think I Nguyen of killing so as,not to promote polluting the Earth ...

I thought I'd see it..but now,I won't..what a shame if this is the case...

The producer or director is,atheist .

Let's,all worship mother earth ...God help us. I thought this,was a,biblical movie ...sad

If you find out differently ..let me know,....I won't spend a dime

They ARE repeating g the BIBLE on History 2, it's good enough so far ...And I do want to see Son of God .

I know it's,all Hollywood ..but G of can use any REAL seed that's,planted.

Prince George, Canada

#524942 Mar 28, 2014
They call their supposed quest to prove that religions are compatible with each other "The Interfaith movement."

And each day new denominations spring up out of the "would-work" all claiming to preach the one and only truth in the universe.

Ego that divides has no intention of uniting. NONE whatsoever.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,A History of Christianity, edited by Clyde L. Manschreck.

In one of our American communities, a congregation called itself The Church of God. They could not agree among themselves and having split asunder, the split called itself, The True Church of God. They, in turn divided and the new group called itself The Only True Church of God.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524943 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"When capitalized it signifies Mary was more than just a blessed woman. She is not holy and she is not deity. She is a sinner in need of a Savior. Actually Jesus never called her blessed but I believe she was obedient according to Gods will."
Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name."
"Would you agree a bond slave is nothing more than the definition listed above. This definition defines Mary to a "T". She was nothing more than a bond slave giving herself up to another's will those whose service is used by God in extending and advancing His cause among men."
No where does scripture describe her as a "vessel, nothing more". In fact St. Luke's Gospel above describes her as far more.
"The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text."
By whose authority do you make such a claim?
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." End quote.

The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary.

Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait.

Mary is not the mother of God. Just a wild guess but God was here before Mary, right? LOL LOL LOL

Mary, if she was saved, is the same type of saint any saved believer would be. No better and no worse. Luke 1:47, "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." Mary admitted she needed a Savior and cannot be saved apart from Him(Jesus). She is not "holy" and she is not a "deity".

The following defines Mary and all of us.....

Romans 3:9-12, 9 " What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are UNDER SIN, 10 as it is written: "NONE is righteous, no, NOT ONE.; 11 NO ONE understands; NO ONE seeks for God. 12 ALL have turned aside; TOGETHER THEY have become worthless; NO ONE does good, NOT EVEN ONE.

UNDER SIN, NONE, NOT ONE, NO ONE, NOT EVEN ONE all describe Mary in the verses listed above.

Mary called herself a "BOND SLAVE". Why would the Roman Catholic church call her anything different?

OldJG said, quote, "The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text." End quote.

AnthonyMN said, quote, "By whose authority do you make such a claim?" End quote.

The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing.

Have you had enough AnthonyMN? When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework. Don't just mouth what your priest tells you to think and say. OK.

United States

#524944 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
lol
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you believed you were fallible, you wouldn't be using a bible at all ... much less to preach at others about how to be moral.
-
-
How does one argue: "If you believed you were fallible, you wouldn't be using a bible at all"?
it is completely void of logic! In your world do I need to believe that I am perfect to use a Bible? but, if I were perfect, I wouldn't need a Bible.
-
and you are preaching to others on how to be moral? You flip-flop so much no one really knows where you are coming from. At least I am coming from the position that it is not ok for the leader of the Catholic Church to order the murder of heretics and cover up for pedophiles. I haven't changed my position on that and do NOT support the Catholic Church, which HAS ordered the murder of heretics and covered up for pedophiles. For centuries. What is so immoral about my pointing out that the Catholic Church has?

Prince George, Canada

#524945 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You're "agnostic".
Are you indicating that Agnostics can't care deeply???

You really are an arrogant BOOB ... aren't YOU???

Agnostics don't want people in religion to kill each other over defending their own dogmas.

I suggest that means that Agnostics care deeply about that issue.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#524946 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, take a breather Rose. They bring scandal to the Church no doubt, but the only reason they are even on TV or at an installation mass is because they are diplomats representing the USA (unfortunately). If they weren't they'd be sitting at home watching like everyone else.
And yes they rile me....Just bugs me the girls,get excommunicated u indicated but not those three especially ..long history against pro-life ...

Sigh. It's sad

Prince George, Canada

#524947 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." End quote.
The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary.
Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait.
Mary is not the mother of God. Just a wild guess but God was here before Mary, right? LOL LOL LOL
Mary, if she was saved, is the same type of saint any saved believer would be. No better and no worse. Luke 1:47, "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." Mary admitted she needed a Savior and cannot be saved apart from Him(Jesus). She is not "holy" and she is not a "deity".
The following defines Mary and all of us.....
Romans 3:9-12, 9 " What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are UNDER SIN, 10 as it is written: "NONE is righteous, no, NOT ONE.; 11 NO ONE understands; NO ONE seeks for God. 12 ALL have turned aside; TOGETHER THEY have become worthless; NO ONE does good, NOT EVEN ONE.
UNDER SIN, NONE, NOT ONE, NO ONE, NOT EVEN ONE all describe Mary in the verses listed above.
Mary called herself a "BOND SLAVE". Why would the Roman Catholic church call her anything different?
OldJG said, quote, "The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text." End quote.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "By whose authority do you make such a claim?" End quote.
The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing.
Have you had enough AnthonyMN? When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework. Don't just mouth what your priest tells you to think and say. OK.
Do you really need to post that many words to teach others how to be as saintly as is the image you hold of your self???

:)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#524948 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You're "agnostic".
...It breaks my heart when I see the catholics/protestants fighting over a man that ONLY they claim existed in the form they believe.

....I care deeply.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524949 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately can't see that happening..
On a change of subject.
The new movie Noah ...supposedly uses only Creator not God ..to appeal to all people..
.portrays the big SIN as sins against the Earth ....as we hear worshipped in our age ...eco loft
and may have babies on the Ark that Noah is think I Nguyen of killing so as,not to promote polluting the Earth ...
I thought I'd see it..but now,I won't..what a shame if this is the case...
The producer or director is,atheist .
Let's,all worship mother earth ...God help us. I thought this,was a,biblical movie ...sad
If you find out differently ..let me know,....I won't spend a dime
They ARE repeating g the BIBLE on History 2, it's good enough so far ...And I do want to see Son of God .
I know it's,all Hollywood ..but G of can use any REAL seed that's,planted.
You're not Catholic, concern yourself with protestant evangelicals who bring shame to the gospel.

Don't care about the film. I like Russel Crowe, but Hollywood means nothing to me. The days of Charlton Heston/Max Von Sydow are over. Thankfully Mel Gibson finances his own movies.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#524950 Mar 28, 2014
...Where is ReginaM.?........where is GENED?

Prince George, Canada

#524951 Mar 28, 2014
Christian ... "FOLLOW ME. Jesus lights up my life by giving me ONLY truth from the Bible. I'll see to it that you take the Holy path of righteousness. But if you don't take my blessings that Jesus has bestowed upon me in my clear understanding, WOE be UNTO you SINNER!!!"

YUCK!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524952 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes they rile me....Just bugs me the girls,get excommunicated u indicated but not those three especially ..long history against pro-life ...
Sigh. It's sad
Since you're protestant, concern yourself with protestant leaders who promote abortion.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#524953 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh. It's sad
Anthony

Now,THIS is,much better than excommunication these poor girls..And yes it's,founders,ars,Catholic ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5... Gross post to Sera. About her and husband http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5... Another one,

Not cutting them down as,some do on these boards,or kicking them out of Churches.

But those three Pols, the entire pro abort movement denies,they have any pain..and continue,to lead these,women to sin..
Liam

United States

#524954 Mar 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take my chances with the supposed hereafter ... but I won't give YOU power over my thoughts while I'm on earth. THAT I can guarantee!
I beg to differ.. We do have power over your thoughts. Thats evident by the rabid anti Christian posts. Something is messing with your thoughts. If you were a secure atheist, you wouldn't be bothered by us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon Jaimie 83,958
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Cultastic 8,911
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
More from around the web