Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627091 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525174 Mar 29, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
I plan to go see the new movie called Noah if only to see how wrong they got it. The flood of Noah couldn't have been worldwide. I guarantee you in the movie they will portray the flood as being worldwide.
According to your interpretation, what parts of the world did "God" destroy because he was angry at humans???

Idiocy!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Floods

Almost 5000 years ago, some scientists believe, a large asteroid or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean, producing a tsunami about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Southeast Asia in December 2004. That almost every culture throughout history has had a flood myth, of which Noah and the Ark is the most famous in the Western world, demonstrates the fear and awe that floods inspire in human consciousness.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525175 Mar 29, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Those seeking Magi were intelligent..... Try it yourself, you'll like it.
By your statement it's obvious that you believe YOU are intelligent.

I don't intend to seek the idea that I can find Knowledge in the mindsets of any human-mythology.

Once humans believe they know answers, they become even more stupefied by arrogance and ignorance as is normally the case.
Liam

United States

#525176 Mar 29, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice if they answered our questions, God willing they will be saved.
you and old gg don't understand what the Bible is, that's why we can't understand each other... your premise is faulty to begin with.
You think the apostles wrote down as much information as possible, outlining every detail of the Lords ministry... everything they could think of about his mother Mary and Peter. And then when they had it complete they put it in a book and told everyone "this is God's word, read it and study it and you all will figure out Christianity."
of course this is a strange approach to the sacred scriptures by men with no authority.

your Bible is not God's Word its your word. That's what you guys have done to the holy book.
Consider this dilemma: we have absolutely none of the original scriptures. Everything the Apostles wrote was lost or destroyed. even the first copies of what they wrote are gone. What we have are copies of copies of copies. So now you and old gg are forced to admit that the Holy Spirit was with the people copying the scriptures, to ensure that they were articulating their current language to reflect what the original authors were thinking.
Now you can not ignore that the Holy Spirit must have been with the Roman Catholic Church during this. Since that's how the collection of scriptures came into a single Book.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525177 Mar 29, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> A man who is infatuated with the topic of priests molesting doesn't belong on topix, neither do his suppoerters. You really diagust people by supporting that perv. why do you support that nut ball? Why the heck do you say someone apposed to what he is doing is filthy when they post they are disgusted with his behavior? Maybe because you also have a strange obsession, you need some good mental help, constant help, like in a hospital. You are sick.
Cardinal Law, Is that really you?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525178 Mar 29, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Word has it the king of England gave the choice to the American colonies and Australia about who would get the fundamentalist Christians and who would take the criminals.
Australia got first choice.
So do you believe that the Christians were criminals when they killed each other as heretics and witches???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525179 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your interpretation, what parts of the world did "God" destroy because he was angry at humans???
Idiocy!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…
Floods
Almost 5000 years ago, some scientists believe, a large asteroid or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean, producing a tsunami about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Southeast Asia in December 2004. That almost every culture throughout history has had a flood myth, of which Noah and the Ark is the most famous in the Western world, demonstrates the fear and awe that floods inspire in human consciousness.
My one true God never intentionally kills people, Stone Age or not. The asteroid was a mistake.

Ramen

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525180 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am from Kentucky and don't give a d@mn bout the law. we call hemp, texas squat pot, as it is not the same as marijuana..
In what way is squat pot different than marijuana?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525181 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you believe that the Christians were criminals when they killed each other as heretics and witches???
They are all thinking "I wish she was born when we could still kill witches, as the bible commands. Dang freedom of conscience bs"

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525182 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> True the Sumerians believed they were created but I think it has more to do with the "Fallen Angels" ENKI one of the Gods, was summoned from the Abyss, it is in their symbolism. nimrod, one of their kings had a hard on for "God". very Interesting stuff if you actually read their history and how it relates to about every religion, or worship i should say, through out that whole area. the references to all the Gods are directly from them, but names changed because of cultures. it is also in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, just named differently, but both Gods were said to be of light, life, god of the earth, morning star, them are all Satan's names. Satan is the God of Earth and he even Masquerades around as light. Deception at it's finest..
You can choose whichever mythology pleases your desires ... but when you preach it as though the scenarios actually occurred ... you will have lots and lots of competition for center-stage.

Myths are VERY popular with those in religion. In fact that is all on which those in religion base their "excitement."

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#525183 Mar 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ole nimrod wanted to climb as,high as,God....didn't work..in three,generations,or four ..folks,forgot the,message,the,REAL message,of the Flood,
Yes, I think he had something to do with the, Tower Of Babel. There are Global Flood stories from almost every major ancient culture from around the Globe, all at around the same time in history, seemingly with no contact with one culture or the other. The only way I can make sense of it, is through the scattering of the people at the Tower Of Babel and the peoples carried the story with with. which I over analyze stuff sometime, but every Ancient Major Culture believed in a creator and Global Flood. The only thing they all could have had in common is the tower of babel, to have very similar stories of the beginning and Gods, and so much more when you get right into it, well to me anyway.

Location hidden

#525184 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way is squat pot different than marijuana?
Squat Pot is Hemp, No THC, it is just a weed and grows wild here, it is on the creek bank behind my house.. The Industrial Hemp is not marijuana..Big difference and anyone that knows anything about pot, would know that..

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525185 Mar 29, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't Mr. Aronofsky Jewish? If so then that s'plains a lot. Don't trust them especially with anything Biblical.
If Jesus lived, I wouldn't trust that Jew either, as he wouldn't BE trustworthy.

According to the Catholics, Gnostics and the Protestants, Jesus didn't stay faithful to Judaism, yet he DID stay faithful to those who grabbed him and stuffed him in their own personalized right-fighting cults. To the Catholics he's Catholic. To the Gnostics he's Gnostic. To the Protestants he's Protestant.

Silly humans. I suggest that monkeys would have more common sense.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525186 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> It's because of this is why.
The Vatican~ Official Sponsor Of The Anti Christ
( Confusion and Deception)
Actually if Jesus lived, he would be the anti-Christ. He wouldn't have known WHERE he belonged ... hopping and skipping merrily along from one human-created religion to another.

Bunkology
truth

Perth, Australia

#525187 Mar 29, 2014
helpless

no
In mind if you fill helpless then its real depress.

not me

I never fill like that

if i need money
i can make doble and half 2.5 money then my aset withing 3-6 mounths but not work that ficical job not

if i need put my mind on edge
then

i will put trough chips as mustard seeds

9 seeds
with 5 mirrors

then millions per day
nobody can't compete
for that

Are you for sure money is everything?
no
truth

Perth, Australia

#525188 Mar 29, 2014
its deference when someone try set up
on ow-full way to someone

this world is so small
entire universe can be then small child marble

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525189 Mar 29, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Most so called Christians have a rather short attention span
Maybe you and Jesus could teach them how to be REAL Christians. Sarcasm intended.

Did you know that if Jesus had stayed faithful to Judaism, there would be no Christian religion ... even within the mythology.

Imagine THAT if you will. All your haughty sermonizing would be in VAIN and account for nothing.

Now I will ask you THE pertinent question. Do you believe that Jesus abandoned Judaism to start a new religion ... OR do you believe that he would have been faithful to Judaism and wanted others to become BETTER Jews that also would be faithful ONLY to Judaism???

For all of your sermonizing ... not one of you self-proclaimed Christians will go near that question with a comment.

And you know WHY you won't address that issue.

Location hidden

#525190 Mar 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can choose whichever mythology pleases your desires ... but when you preach it as though the scenarios actually occurred ... you will have lots and lots of competition for center-stage.
Myths are VERY popular with those in religion. In fact that is all on which those in religion base their "excitement."
Stories become Legend and Legend becomes Myth.

The City Of Troy was also thought Myth.

Did you know there is a city in Sumeria that is thought to be the Oldest civilization
on earth, not to mention the oldest know writing (Symbolism )

To me, that says a lot, but it is only my opinion.

Look at the beginning of the Ancient Egyptian culture and the symbolism on their headdress and how it changed after the birth of Horus. it is like a post mark for Satan stamped on their forehead.. I do not care what anyone says, them people wrote (Symbolized ) Exactly what was happening as a record for their future Generations. The very first temple built by the Ancient Egyptian is Dedicated to Hathor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor

Look at that disk in them horns with the snake , them are not horns, but represent a womans womb, after the birth of horus, the "horns" are no longer there, but it is only a snake on their headdress. hathor, in my opinion, is the goddess of other cultures only renamed, has to be, cause hathor, would be the oldest known goddess..there is so much that relates to Ancient Sumera and Ancient Egypt than most people realize, in my opinion anyway.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#525191 Mar 29, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer or try to answer any questions you got.
Do you believe from your perspective that Jesus would have stayed faithful to Judaism, and tried his best to make the Jews into better Jews ... or do you believe he would have given up on the Jews to be baptized by John into Catholicism???

I'll wait for your "answer."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#525193 Mar 29, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
I plan to go see the new movie called Noah if only to see how wrong they got it. The flood of Noah couldn't have been worldwide. I guarantee you in the movie they will portray the flood as being worldwide.
Tony, Tony, Tony.....

Gen 6

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

7 ~~~~~So the Lord said, <<<“I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created>>>—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”~~~~~

8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#525194 Mar 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I think he had something to do with the, Tower Of Babel. There are Global Flood stories from almost every major ancient culture from around the Globe, all at around the same time in history, seemingly with no contact with one culture or the other. The only way I can make sense of it, is through the scattering of the people at the Tower Of Babel and the peoples carried the story with with. which I over analyze stuff sometime, but every Ancient Major Culture believed in a creator and Global Flood. The only thing they all could have had in common is the tower of babel, to have very similar stories of the beginning and Gods, and so much more when you get right into it, well to me anyway.
Major flaw in that reasoning.

And not just myth explaining myth.

Come to the one true God of reason.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Fri huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Gee Tee 9,892
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Fri Dump Trump 1
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Thu huey goins 3
News 500 years after reformation, Pope Francis knock... Feb 4 Listen to the Word 1
News Activists have immigrant message for pope Feb 3 wild child 1
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Feb 2 barefoot2626 1,955
More from around the web