Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640940 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525066 Mar 28, 2014
Matthew 15:3,“He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?”
Mark 7:13,“Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.”
Colossians 2:8,“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quotes from Matthew and Mark are Jesus talking to the Pharisees about their own traditions. Your quote from Colossians is a message from Paul warning the faithful to be careful to follow the Word of God instead of the traditions of men.
The following quote from Thessalonians is a quote from Paul warning the faithful to "stand firm and hold to the traditions" extended to them from Jesus through His Apostles and Disciples. "So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Bible-only isn't Scriptural. Bible plus tradition handed down through the Apostles and Disciples is Scriptural.
While you adhere to a Bible-only tradition originated by men you will deprive yourself of a better relationship with God.
We can end this silly Roman Catholic discussion with this. How many times did Jesus say, "It is tradition"? How many times did Jesus say, "It is written"? Just sayin

Show us where Jesus said "It is tradition" and show us any thing good Jesus had to say about tradition. We are patient. We will wait.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#525067 Mar 28, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>
.....Wise men that were Jews who did NOT believe in the trinity, bearing gifts to the messiah, the 3rd person of the trinity.
...makes no common sense.
.....today many religious scholars do not literally believe in the baby in a manger story.

----------
The wise men were not Jews. They were astronomers (NOT astrologers), and THEY announced that a star announcing the birth of the KING of Israel had appeared in the heavens, and they were following it.

"Many religious scholars" of this world know NOTHING about God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#525068 Mar 28, 2014
Corrupt diploma and lustful leaders are nobody and nothing that's all!

How many have underprivileged diploma photocopy or belonging to corrupt organization ..many organizations old way walk with genocide prisoners and hospitals policy and so on..

Is that today some walk way as leaders of this civilizations.

You will find in future many unwanted things which they try cover up in all aspect that never happen ..its happen.

Everything past my words not.

Do you liked me or not nobody care?

Corrupt racist discriminated diploma under corrupt organization..no don't respect that you will find wicket satanic majsonic and others secret society which cover up many things.

why??????????
truth

Perth, Australia

#525069 Mar 28, 2014
in future if 20% civilization left in healthy form you can be happy .

look statistic of population under health carton
food
drink
water
air
vaccine
medicine
trade people don't liked be responsible for anything
truth

Perth, Australia

#525070 Mar 28, 2014
innovation too
what ever outcome be
nobody going be resposible

see seed as mustard see
is that visible from air into water land and so on

no

inaf destroy entire city with innovation
truth

Perth, Australia

#525071 Mar 28, 2014
holy scripture tell you

''i am within you''

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525072 Mar 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The idea that a brilliant race of humans came from another star to pollute the earth with dumbed-down humans is about as silly as any myths yet created.
GOOD GRIEF!!!
Why would these brilliant ones dump such refuse on earth. After all ... what did earth ever do to hurt THEM that they would hold such a grudge???
I dunno....why did England exile their worst criminals to Australia?
Liam

Aurora, CO

#525073 Mar 28, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I put the quote into the Google search engine and none of the sources appeared to be Catholic.
..Yeah I did too. I was searching for a normal website, but all I saw was 911truth.org type websites, promoting their conspiracy anti Catholic crap.
truth

Perth, Australia

#525074 Mar 28, 2014
only lustful person will say o ono no no you can't be

yep

lust is corrupt lust

see

they told you Jesus have to be born

herod killed how many boys
why
from lust
evil serve evil with lust
Liam

Denver, CO

#525075 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/alleged- victim-targets-accused-pedophi le-priest-30-years-later-01401 1517.html
.... " Instead, the investigation concluded, the Philadelphia Archdiocese conspired to shield Brzyski and 62 other priests who had molested hundreds of children over three decades. The hierarchy “excused and enabled the abuse” by burying reports and “covering up the conduct … to outlast any statutes of limitation.” "
Do you have any evidence that this is more of a problem in the Catholic Church then your church or your family?
Of course you don't. Do you care? Of course not. All that matters is that you smear us...Spread that slander guest. You're a gullible fanatic.
truth

Perth, Australia

#525076 Mar 28, 2014
Are you for sure you support dictators?

Australian citizen is not as others want that need to be..lustful law.

number 25;5
judges and lawyers are killers
Moses sad to judges of Israel;''each one of you kill''
sin is
-not with words
-not with thoughts
-not with mind
truth

Perth, Australia

#525077 Mar 28, 2014
lustful law under lustful organization old way walking is not corect as you think

when you coming from corupt sistem where dictators been are you respect documents of them
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That's documents from dictators and similar organization simple put in rubbish!
why?
History is teacher of life revolutions who is know how many exist before?
Why you need respect set up documents from very lustful persons or organizations.
not at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

God created you to be happy!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#525078 Mar 28, 2014
Do you liked doctors diploma under lustfull priviladge place but nothing to do with health?

noooooooooooooooo

Do you liked lustfull economical financial lustfull diploma under priviladge?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

misleads accusers and so on

evil serve evillllllllllllll
evil do evil what ever they liked
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee

lust is lust

that's all
truth

Perth, Australia

#525079 Mar 28, 2014
certainly church teach us
decivers and posessors

Are you victim of them?

better say like that

Don't support accusers evil wicket satanic lustful diploma.

Are you target of them?

Maybe you are not, I am.

Remember if I am today target of them tomorrow you going be next or somebody else.Lust walking as around as roring devil..see

Are you support satanic devilish corrupt evil accusers?

evil serve evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll

deceivers and possessors are nothing and nobody
why?

History is teacher of life..who fall as well why?
truth

Perth, Australia

#525080 Mar 28, 2014
Don't do what is not you liked that somebody do to you!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#525082 Mar 28, 2014
as they created
its exist how to destroy

be honest with yourself
every diploma is not right as you think

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#525083 Mar 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno....why did England exile their worst criminals to Australia?
And look what Australia became. The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525084 Mar 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "As someone who calls himself a deacon while name-calling and making vulgar sexual suggestions towards other Christians, I sincerely doubt you should be discussing the bible with anyone but your pastor whereby he/she could counsel you on "gettin' saved""End quote.
Name calling? Vulgar sexual suggestions? Wow, you are the king of the name callers. I expected this explosion of frustration when the Bible backed you into a corner and the only defense you had was "name calling".
Just as you admitted the truth about the Bishop of Bling why not confess your ignorance of Scripture and try to learn.
AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.
John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said this many times...nothing angers me or frustrates me here. Ever. I'm secure in my faith and although I do occasionally, purely in the form of humor, use adjectives to describe some folks here, I have never made sexually demeaning comments to other posters.
You on the other hand, a self-described protestant deacon, name call here almost every day, have made some of the most vulgar and disgusting sexually demeaning suggestions directed at posters of anyone who's been here.
My thoughts? You're using a bad translation.
OK, you established yourself as a good little Roman and I am the bad Protestant. Now, will you answer the questions or just dodge and run? Here, one more time.

AnthonyMN, this is a small test. What are your thoughts on the following two verses. In John 1:14 Jesus is described as "full of grace and truth." In Luke 1:28 Mary is described as "highly favored". Do these two expressions have the same meaning? If so, please explain.
John 1:14, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Luke 1:28, "And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#525085 Mar 28, 2014
AnthonyMN, why have you not answered this post. Give it a try.

AnthonyMN said, quote, "Not only shall all generations call her blessed, her soul magnifies the Lord, she is the mother of our Lord God (Adonai), St. John the Baptist leaps at the sound of her voice, she is "full of grace (kecharitomene) she is a holy saint (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. Scripture says "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." and "Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." End quote.

The word "kecharitomene" cannot be found in Strong Lexicon. This must be another Roman Catholic invented word to fit Mary.

Qaddiysh (Aramaic)...note, this is not Hebrew word. Where can I find the Bible using this word when referring to Mary. I am patient and can wait.

Mary is not the mother of God. Just a wild guess but God was here before Mary, right? LOL LOL LOL

Mary, if she was saved, is the same type of saint any saved believer would be. No better and no worse. Luke 1:47, "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." Mary admitted she needed a Savior and cannot be saved apart from Him(Jesus). She is not "holy" and she is not a "deity".

The following defines Mary and all of us.....

Romans 3:9-12, 9 " What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are UNDER SIN, 10 as it is written: "NONE is righteous, no, NOT ONE.; 11 NO ONE understands; NO ONE seeks for God. 12 ALL have turned aside; TOGETHER THEY have become worthless; NO ONE does good, NOT EVEN ONE.”

UNDER SIN, NONE, NOT ONE, NO ONE, NOT EVEN ONE all describe Mary in the verses listed above.

Mary called herself a "BOND SLAVE". Why would the Roman Catholic church call her anything different?

OldJG said, quote, "The Latin Vulgate is a corrupt version of the original Hebrew and Greek text." End quote.

AnthonyMN said, quote, "By whose authority do you make such a claim?" End quote.

The vast majority of Biblical scholars discount the accuracy of the Latin Vulgate when translated from Latin to English. In particular the words "full of grace" never appeared until the verse was mistranslated. "Full of grace" is a Roman thing not a Biblical thing.

Have you had enough AnthonyMN? When discussing the Bible with you I feel as if I am battling a second grade little girl. Do your homework. Don't just mouth what your priest tells you to think and say. OK.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#525086 Mar 28, 2014
A word to the wise is sufficient.

http://www.cogwriter.com/britishisrael.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 1 hr Demon Finder 29
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric 2 hr Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? Mon naman 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 20 3way4me 10,092
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web