Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646781 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#524882 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there's lots of reasons like abortion, contraception, gay marriage, wymyn priests, divorce and remarriage, confession, fasting, going to Church on Sunday instead of sleeping in because you're hung over. All ideologies of secularized society where these are considered morally acceptable and which the Church has taught against for 2000 years.
Again Mike, I don't worry one iota about what non-practicing Catholics do. Why do you?
....Your church has been riddled by sinful, criminal scandals. Followers have been betrayed by the very organization that teaches righteous morality, and you have the nerve to blame catholics for their! behavior.

...New York times, CARA, and Pew research center claim over 71% of roman catholics have no issue with birth control, majority of catholics now favor women priests and optional celebacy. With these high percentages that clearly shows that many catholics sitting around you in church every Sunday might not agree with you and your church teachings.

...Your church structure is lax and in a mess. Everything starts at the top.

Unbelievable!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524883 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem: no prophecy fullfilled in 1948. The Church Jesus Christ started IS Israel.
picture what it would have been like if all of Israel embraced the Messiah back in 33 AD. And they in turn brought the Gospel to the rest of us like the Apostles did. Would your 1948 prophecy still make sense?
Christ, the Son if David, continued the Davidic Kingdom (isaiah 22: 20-24) by giving the keys to Peter.(Mathew 16:18) and establishing this Kingdom throughout the world (Mathew 24:14, Romans 1:8, 2Cor 2:14).
This all flew right over the head of the Pentecostal movement of 1910 AD.
The Jews returning to Israel....the,flowering of the,desert...many other prophecies,fulfilled .
Finally acknowledged by the,RCC 40 plus,years,later ..

Is,this,the end times..We,don't know..but how,on earth did the prophets,foretell?? Nothing on earth told them

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524884 Mar 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do cathaholics need exorcists?
Because they are convinced that the devil managed to have more power than the holy "spirit' within them, and to in turn take over their souls.

Too much fear of a devil, can make the devil appear as REAL to a devout believer.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#524885 Mar 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```So you are admitting that your pope is a double minded man....That he can be divided against himself.
That he can say one thing as the pope....and contradict what he has said as a layman.
The opinion of such a person is stated clearly in the Holy Bible ...
it says
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will drawing nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
I'm sorry you havent bothered to learn what papal infallibility means. Its ironic that men like you, as staunch haters of the papacy, have simply replaced the office and confiscated the keys. Now you've bestowed even more authority than any Pope we've had. Our Bishops can't unravel the deposit of faith from the Apostles. They would be rebuked or removed if they didn't recant. Is there a standard for this in Protestantland? No. If the Pentecostal movement asked you to retract a heretical teaching, you'd scoff at them, puff your chest out and open up your own Pentecostal church building.

Quesnel, Canada

#524886 Mar 28, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Write any old words in a supposed "holy" book, and they will lap up the words as a dog laps up vomit.

Theologians counted on such stupidity.

Quesnel, Canada

#524887 Mar 28, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
[who="marge" <quoted text>
Good point, dear. Jesus calls all those who live righteously "blessed".
Case in point!

You convince your self that "Jesus" has faith in you that YOU live "righteously."

Meanwhile you entertain thoughts that most of the worlds population of souls deserve to spend eternity in hell for not following YOU and your religious indigestion.

United States

#524888 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
Complicated as opposed to who, Liam? Pope Innocent III?
-
"Anyone who attempts to construe a personal view of God which conflicts with Church dogma must be burned without pity."
- Pope Innocent III
-
-
Liam wrote:
Listen Ms. Fanatic, if Pope Innocent lll made that statement, he was not speaking from the chair of Peter. And I have my doubts of the authenticity of your quote. You'd be surprised at the protestant propaganda out there. Especially the stuff that circulated 200 yrs ago. Thats the stuff I often see you and oldjg recycle. You people have no shame when it comes to slander.
Back to this supposed statement you undoubtedly got from some stupid fanatic website... IF the Pope said that, he was wrong. Popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion. If Francis said that today, the Church would publicly rebuke him. Possibly remove him.
Now ignore everything u heard and continue your bigoted rampage.
-
-
Whenever the popes are "not speaking from the chair of Peter" they are prone to some pretty fantastic lies, are they not, Liam? they are quite prolific at them, too, are they not, Liam?
-
In fact - using your ex cathedra doctrine as an escape hatch - you can write off any manner of horror committed by the leader of your church as some sort of 'freak accident' and not 'truly' fully catholic or spiritual. Kind of like a 'get out of jail free' card ...
-
You said, "popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion" -- only thing, Liam, is that WHATEVER a pope says that contradicts *The Word of God* IS PERSONAL OPINION.
-
So. Ignore everything the Bible says and continue on in your defending the fallible popes spewing forth their personal opinions.
-
Think of it this way - The Word of God was spoken from the Throne Of God and not subject to editing by a fallible pope speaking form the Chair of Peter.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#524889 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews returning to Israel....the,flowering of the,desert...many other prophecies,fulfilled .
Finally acknowledged by the,RCC 40 plus,years,later ..
Is,this,the end times..We,don't know..but how,on earth did the prophets,foretell?? Nothing on earth told them
"The Jews returning to Israel"?

This would mean they would be Baptised and become Christian, like hundreds of thousands did in the first century. These Jews did not go against their faith.. As the Disciple of John (Ignatius) wrote: "it is monstrous to talk of Jesus Christ and still practice Judaism. For Christianity did nott believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity" .
The whole purpose of the Jewish religion was the anticipation or "leading up to" the coming of the Son of God, the Apostles called him the Son of David fora reason. He established the His kingdom when He established His Universal Church. The new Israel.

It appears most Protestants are divided on this 1948 "prophecy".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524891 Mar 28, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing vile about calling him out. There is a horrible stench from you though, you support the perv'. Maybe your conscience is bothereing you for getting too excited when he posts his filth. Does your hubby know you think what he does is A O K? Or do both of you go OH! He's posting about molesting again! Hurry! get the bed ready! You p[lay the little girl this time! YOU are the sick one , fool.
KNIT

Please,FOR YOUR SAKE,read what you wrote..it's,disgusting...I know,as,a Catholic you know,better ...please,stop..no one wants,to read gutter talk.

If you disagree with us,..fine...but try to think..maybe your priest might read this...certainly GOD knows what you are,writing...

Quesnel, Canada

#524892 Mar 28, 2014
truth wrote:
Jesus Christ say on last supper who going betray him!
Holy scripture explain everything.
The ex-Jewish theologians later known as Catholics should have stated "Jesus is betraying the faithful Jews ... just as we are doing when we write such lies in the name of truth."

In an earthly setting, which was not made of mythical fiction ... Judas would have been the ONLY one that didn't betray Judaism for the forming of a new religion totally at odds WITH Judaism.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524893 Mar 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!! Debate, discussion, arguing, bitching, disputing, disputation is ALL a bible only Protestant "thing" !!------in reality, It is all they know!!..They are "constantly "trying (unsuccessfully) to prove that their man-made religious beliefs are true and the fact is that they know that it CANNOT be proven, because I bible only was "never believed by anyone until the 18th century---------therefore "fundies" MUST rely on bashing and attacking the PROVEN historical and biblical Truth of Jesus Christ and His One Truth Catholic Church as the last resort..........The comical part about this is that none of the 42,200 plus agree with each other-----either!!!!....They are ALL rowing around in circles in their bible only boats more mad more confusion., more and more chaos and more and more contradiction !!!!!!!!!
We believe in one,Lord,Jesus,Christ as,do you..

We should be closer as Christians...

Quesnel, Canada

#524895 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That should bother you. You shouldn't be teaching it as truth, because you're undoing what the Apostles taught.
UH HUH!!!

Jewish apostles taught that Jesus was the savior of only Catholics, and they adored Jesus ... RIGHT???

To swallow such a tale, you have to be an idiot!

Jewish apostles would believe that ADONAI chose THEM as HIS favorite few ... period ... end of story.

Quesnel, Canada

#524896 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes. Fyi we are born again thank you.
As WHAT??? New-born liars???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524897 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you havent bothered to learn what papal infallibility means. Its ironic that men like you, as staunch haters of the papacy, have simply replaced the office and confiscated the keys. Now you've bestowed even more authority than any Pope we've had. Our Bishops can't unravel the deposit of faith from the Apostles. They would be rebuked or removed if they didn't recant. Is there a standard for this in Protestantland? No. If the Pentecostal movement asked you to retract a heretical teaching, you'd scoff at them, puff your chest out and open up your own Pentecostal church building.
~~~

i HATE NO ONE

BUT

I HAVE NO USE WHATSOEVER FOR THE USURPATION OF THE POSITION OF THE HOLY GHOST WHICH THE POPE HAS TAKEN..

AND i DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE CULT THAT FOLLOWS HIM..I reject the whole nine yards..

My Bible says...

Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Quesnel, Canada

#524898 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
<-
-
The Apostles taught what Jesus taught.
Jesus ... "I've been a Jewish Rabbi all my life ... faithful to Judaism. And I have no intention of leaving Judaism or of following any ex-Jew-lying-baptist into a new religion."

I suggest that theology would be a better concept of truth.

You people depict Jesus as a traitor and then you demand that he in turn "save you."

Religion is bunkology

Quesnel, Canada

#524899 Mar 28, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's,pray to the,Lord we are not left behind ...
I suggest that if Jesus lives, he owes you nothing for willingly spreading lies that he betrayed the Jews to follow your religion.

You invested all your faith in lies ... so you deserve to dwell IN the lies.

So full of LUST were you for HEAVEN ... you ate whatever trash the theologians fed you.
Michael

Canada

#524900 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Ms. Fanatic, if Pope Innocent lll made that statement, he was not speaking from the chair of Peter. And I have my doubts of the authenticity of your quote. You'd be surprised at the protestant propaganda out there. Especially the stuff that circulated 200 yrs ago. Thats the stuff I often see you and oldjg recycle. You people have no shame when it comes to slander.
Back to this supposed statement you undoubtedly got from some stupid fanatic website... IF the Pope said that, he was wrong. Popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion. If Francis said that today, the Church would publicly rebuke him. Possibly remove him.
Now ignore everything u heard and continue your bigoted rampage.
If the holy spirit guides the Cardinals, doesn't holy spirit guide all the popes?.

...Previous popes had illegitimate children, has mistresses.

...I know Liam they are only human.

Quesnel, Canada

#524901 Mar 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```So you are admitting that your pope is a double minded man....That he can be divided against himself.
I suggest you had better check how you are divided against YOUR self in the attitude that Jesus approves of your religion.

I will ask you AGAIN and expect no answer ... because you insist on lying to your self ... "Do you HONESTLY believe that Jesus would have left his POST as a Jewish Rabbi to start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism???"

You don't have to answer my post ... but your conscience should answer YOU ... you lying THIEF!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524902 Mar 28, 2014
You wrote

If the Pentecostal movement asked you to retract a heretical teaching, you'd scoff at them, puff your chest out and open up your own Pentecostal church building.

~~~

There has been teachings of Pentecostal Churches that , after being closely examined by the WORD OF GOD...THE BIBLE...Thave been rejected over the years..

1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We are to walk in the light of the gospel ...

We keep our hearts open to fresh oil of anointing.

Psa_92:10 .....: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

not the rancid oil of ages past...

My ears are open to ...

Rev_2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;

I am not interested in you OLD AND MOLDED CONJECTURE..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#524903 Mar 28, 2014
This board explains something!

This board explains why all the Christians communes have been miserable failures.

When people come together in an attempt to live the religious delusion with fellow believers, it falls apart and the bickering about what the delusion means start up - just like this board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 15 hr sharona 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web