Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668305 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#524865 Mar 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics ALL know that water is "not" in your bible only polluted lake of contradiction, confusion and chaos that you "fundies" have been "rowing around in circles" for over 350 years since the Protestant reformation. As a former bible only Protestant for over 35 years and now a convert to the Truth of the True Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through Our Lords One (and only one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church----------God is not now, nor ever has been in the past, nor ever will be in the future----the author of your bible only confusion, chaos and contradiction!!!!
...you always have something nice to say about people born into other religions. How refreshing.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524866 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, take a breather. Pelosi and Biden were not WELCOMED in Rome, just like Obama today meeting with the pope, they are heads of state. They were there as REPRESENTATIVES of the US as were the heads of state from almost every country on the planet. Pelosi was Minority Leader of the House, Biden is VP, and of course the Liar in Chief Obama is President. The Vatican meets with leaders from all across the world, even dictators. It's the pope's opportunity to speak with them privately and in many cases chastise them for their actions. You can rest assured the pope tore into her when they met.
I hope so..thing is even in the first century ..wasn't there a problem with the Christians,not APPEARING to be sinning.

Why I go off on those,two..and,Kerry..was,that news,stories show them as,Catholic ..and,certainly if they were,excommunicated it would be news...yet a young girl getting an abortion IS,excommunicated according to one of you guys...

The,Pres ...We'll not sure if Rev Wright is,even against abortion so who knows...
But the,whole thing is, the excommunication...of girls,but not the,Pols..that's what comment set me,off.

I know,God will judge ...but in fairness,if excommunication for killing one baby ..why not those guys,for many ..and,ALLOWING them to campaign and show,up as Catholics..

Did they receive communion at that Mass?? After confessing their votes,on restriction IF THEY EVEN DID THAT.....only to keep touting abortion. pretty sure they did receive...in that article..because,they are still Catholic...

.APPEARANCE,..and fairness..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524867 Mar 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Israeli News Outlets Reporting Secret Deal To Give Temple Mount To Vatican
As far-fetched as it may seem to some, many sober-minded news outlets in Israel in the past week have been reporting the existence of a secret deal now being negotiated ahead of the Pope’s visit to Israel in May. If true, it would be the single biggest advancement of bible prophecy since May 14, 1948. Interesting side note, the Pope’s visit in May will coincide with the 66th anniversary of Israel becoming a nation again. Hmm, now that’s interesting…
has-netanyahu-made-secret-deal -to-give-mount-zion-temple-mou nt-to-pope-francis-catholic-ch urch-vatican
From Israel Today: Israel could be entering the final stages of negotiations to turn over control of Mount Zion to the Vatican, if recent reports by Israel National News are to be believed. According to the online news source, a secretive meeting took place this week between the Jerusalem Municipality, Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Tourism and senior Catholic officials.
During the meeting, the Catholic delegation reportedly pressed Israel to follow through on a years-old proposal to give the Church control over the compound that houses the traditional “Hall of the Last Supper.”
The problem is that the same compound also houses the traditional “Tomb of David,” a holy site revered and frequented by religious Jews. Not to mention that Mount Zion is symbolic of Jerusalem as a whole, and surrendering it to the Vatican would be seen by many Israelis as a repudiation of Judaism’s claim to the city.
In response to reports regarding the negotiations, the Jerusalem Municipality released a statement insisting that it would remain “the central sovereign power on Mount Zion.” Others are not so sure, and believe Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu intends to turn over control of Mount Zion prior to Pope Francis‘ visit to the Holy Land in May. source – Israel Today
THE REQUEST FIRST CAME FROM THE ISLAMIC S
THIS WOULD INCORPORATE THE THREE RELIGIONS
Islam,.Judaism AND Christianity (so called)
Let's,pray to the,Lord we are not left behind ...

Though Netanyahu seems,to be a,hardliner ...I would not have expected this,of him..(I'm sire,our,Pres has,something to do with pressuring for this )

As,for the,RCC..I'm guessing that New,Israel concept of Rome,is,out the,window,..if they are,pushing for this...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524868 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right Mike. You spend all day touting the small numbers of Catholics who attend mass and follow the teachings of the Church. Actually you have an issue with Catholics. I have no issues with Catholics-in-name-only, they don't come to Church, they vote for pro-abortion and gay marriage legislators, and essentially have no say-so in what the Church does or how it operates. Get back to me when you have the voting records of faithful Catholics who attend weekly and daily mass and adhere to the teachings of the Church. I've said all along I would welcome a much smaller Church if it would eliminate the phonies out there.
Obama is gettin' an earful from Francis, I can guarantee it.
I pray that is,true,Anthony...I really do..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524869 Mar 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me? I know of one catholic here that is not following the teaching of Christ. I don't recall Christ sexually accusing someone of relieving himself. Do you?
You can't put anyone,in the,same,boat as that person..really...I pray for her ...as,much as,she,goes,on with horrid talk like that...it gets,worse,every year ..an odd fixation..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524870 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows how we feel about her language and they way she acts, I've mentioned it several times. Of course you've never, ever said anything contrary to Orthodox teaching here right?
Yes,you have,Anthony ..the only one I've seen.

I apologize that she,followed me,here,to everyone...

I know,she believes she,is,a good Catholic.....seriously she,does...

On other boards..no one,believes,that ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524871 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
Mat_24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat_24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Your question is controversial...actually no one knows....I am of the opinion (and hope) that
Jesus will come before Jacobs Trouble..
But God's actions here,...cannot be predetermined and I cannot predict...
He delivered Noah through the flood
He delivered Lot before the fire..fell on the Cities ...
Amen and yes..I was curious,because,some,prophecie s ..We'll GOD knows, that's,what is,important ...I just was asking because,of Russia,and Syria,becoming allied..

Let us,pray for deliverance,...

In Jesus,Holy Name

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524873 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem: no prophecy fullfilled in 1948. The Church Jesus Christ started IS Israel.
picture what it would have been like if all of Israel embraced the Messiah back in 33 AD. And they in turn brought the Gospel to the rest of us like the Apostles did. Would your 1948 prophecy still make sense?
Christ, the Son if David, continued the Davidic Kingdom (isaiah 22: 20-24) by giving the keys to Peter.(Mathew 16:18) and establishing this Kingdom throughout the world (Mathew 24:14, Romans 1:8, 2Cor 2:14).
This all flew right over the head of the Pentecostal movement of 1910 AD.
CLAY ..I don't believe that website...what it's,teaching at all...about Rome being the New,Israel

Rome is NOT the New,Israel...Israel is,...and its,obvious,your last three popes,finally recognizing them as,a,country have figured this,out ..

He,will return how and where,He,left TO ISRAEL...the,New,Jerusalem will be from heaven over Jerusalem ...to claim the Jewish remnant who will kneel before Messiah ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524874 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. The Orthodox also teach that they are the only true Church. The first Protestants and Anglicans did too. You guys on the other hand, say you're the true Church or "body of believers", but no one has a clue who you are or what you teach! Can u imagine if that's how the early Church functioned? What if they handed out the kjv to everyone and said "here you go folks. This is Gods word... read it and figure Christianity yourselves. Seriously dude. "True" means your teaching truth. Why are you and Preston, Confrint and Ox all teaching different 'words of God'? Or more startling...why do you think this is ok?
God,so loved the world that He gave His,Only Begotten Son...that He,who BELIEVES shall have eternal life.

No frills,..no rituals,...the,TRUE CHURCH ...whatever denomination...the bride ..those who believe on Jesus,Christ as the One Saviour sent by the Father to redeem His own..

CATHOLIC..JEWISH.Evangelical.. ...it does not matter as long as they ARE .born again of the Spirit ...and water...

We should ALL be together o n this...the rest is,dressing ...which pew,one sits,in DOES,NOT matter...did we answer the call of the Father ...brought by the Spirit to bring us,to Christ ..

That matters ..in Jesus,name ..May we see Him in His,glory soon.
Liam

Denver, CO

#524875 Mar 28, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Complicated as opposed to who, Liam? Pope Innocent III?
-
"Anyone who attempts to construe a personal view of God which conflicts with Church dogma must be burned without pity."
- Pope Innocent III
Listen Ms. Fanatic, if Pope Innocent lll made that statement, he was not speaking from the chair of Peter. And I have my doubts of the authenticity of your quote. You'd be surprised at the protestant propaganda out there. Especially the stuff that circulated 200 yrs ago. Thats the stuff I often see you and oldjg recycle. You people have no shame when it comes to slander.

Back to this supposed statement you undoubtedly got from some stupid fanatic website... IF the Pope said that, he was wrong. Popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion. If Francis said that today, the Church would publicly rebuke him. Possibly remove him.

Now ignore everything u heard and continue your bigoted rampage.
truth

Perth, Australia

#524876 Mar 28, 2014
pray against many many many face and many diploma and many abets as priests..they are not with jesus chrisrt

nothing to do as they liked represent themself with twisted lips

evil serve evil

many many many are demonic ligions

they liked died but can't
on the end will be as ghostly
after light past over them

by

n

ne.lamp.and aj
truth

Perth, Australia

#524877 Mar 28, 2014
ha ha ha
nezna citat i pisat

good sebijanko as bijanko cakulono without ant cheeck payment

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524878 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Ms. Fanatic, if Pope Innocent lll made that statement, he was not speaking from the chair of Peter. And I have my doubts of the authenticity of your quote. You'd be surprised at the protestant propaganda out there. Especially the stuff that circulated 200 yrs ago. Thats the stuff I often see you and oldjg recycle. You people have no shame when it comes to slander.
Back to this supposed statement you undoubtedly got from some stupid fanatic website... IF the Pope said that, he was wrong. Popes are NOT infallible when giving their personal opinion. If Francis said that today, the Church would publicly rebuke him. Possibly remove him.
Now ignore everything u heard and continue your bigoted rampage.
```So you are admitting that your pope is a double minded man....That he can be divided against himself.

That he can say one thing as the pope....and contradict what he has said as a layman.

The opinion of such a person is stated clearly in the Holy Bible ...

it says

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

truth

Perth, Australia

#524879 Mar 28, 2014
thank you
double mind face diplome

see

I am fine!

Ja sam dobro dobro dobro.
truth

Perth, Australia

#524880 Mar 28, 2014
no i don't say nothing
personally not

they multiply some faces
stolen identity many many many

see smooth silky skin
they liked died but can't
open wounds
ghostly after

how i see
who hold me
not to see
but i see

on the end tunnel

golden light
Michael

Canada

#524882 Mar 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there's lots of reasons like abortion, contraception, gay marriage, wymyn priests, divorce and remarriage, confession, fasting, going to Church on Sunday instead of sleeping in because you're hung over. All ideologies of secularized society where these are considered morally acceptable and which the Church has taught against for 2000 years.
Again Mike, I don't worry one iota about what non-practicing Catholics do. Why do you?
....Your church has been riddled by sinful, criminal scandals. Followers have been betrayed by the very organization that teaches righteous morality, and you have the nerve to blame catholics for their! behavior.

...New York times, CARA, and Pew research center claim over 71% of roman catholics have no issue with birth control, majority of catholics now favor women priests and optional celebacy. With these high percentages that clearly shows that many catholics sitting around you in church every Sunday might not agree with you and your church teachings.

...Your church structure is lax and in a mess. Everything starts at the top.

Unbelievable!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#524883 Mar 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem: no prophecy fullfilled in 1948. The Church Jesus Christ started IS Israel.
picture what it would have been like if all of Israel embraced the Messiah back in 33 AD. And they in turn brought the Gospel to the rest of us like the Apostles did. Would your 1948 prophecy still make sense?
Christ, the Son if David, continued the Davidic Kingdom (isaiah 22: 20-24) by giving the keys to Peter.(Mathew 16:18) and establishing this Kingdom throughout the world (Mathew 24:14, Romans 1:8, 2Cor 2:14).
This all flew right over the head of the Pentecostal movement of 1910 AD.
The Jews returning to Israel....the,flowering of the,desert...many other prophecies,fulfilled .
Finally acknowledged by the,RCC 40 plus,years,later ..

Is,this,the end times..We,don't know..but how,on earth did the prophets,foretell?? Nothing on earth told them

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524884 Mar 28, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do cathaholics need exorcists?
Because they are convinced that the devil managed to have more power than the holy "spirit' within them, and to in turn take over their souls.

Too much fear of a devil, can make the devil appear as REAL to a devout believer.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#524885 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>
```So you are admitting that your pope is a double minded man....That he can be divided against himself.
That he can say one thing as the pope....and contradict what he has said as a layman.
The opinion of such a person is stated clearly in the Holy Bible ...
it says
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will drawing nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
I'm sorry you havent bothered to learn what papal infallibility means. Its ironic that men like you, as staunch haters of the papacy, have simply replaced the office and confiscated the keys. Now you've bestowed even more authority than any Pope we've had. Our Bishops can't unravel the deposit of faith from the Apostles. They would be rebuked or removed if they didn't recant. Is there a standard for this in Protestantland? No. If the Pentecostal movement asked you to retract a heretical teaching, you'd scoff at them, puff your chest out and open up your own Pentecostal church building.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524886 Mar 28, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Write any old words in a supposed "holy" book, and they will lap up the words as a dog laps up vomit.

Theologians counted on such stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Imprtnrd 395
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Just me 10,391
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web