Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695684 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#524713 Mar 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church doesn't need to convert "anybody"!!!! For over 2000 years, the Holy Spirit has guided the Church and has brought "billions and billions" of its followers to the TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ---NOT----with "soap box - bible waiving preachers but by the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ by The TRUTH of True Conversion of the heart, mind and soul......The 21st century is no exception!!!..... Thousands and thousands of new converts from bible only Protestantism who have been "imprisoned" in the Protestant darkness of bible only half-truth Christianity, are coming to the TRUTH of the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUE in Jesus Christ in and through His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. In the 3rd century it was Tertillian who said that " the blood of the Martyrs is the seed of the Church" which has not changed for over 2000 years!
Dream on....coward...
It is worth repeating that you are repeating a lie...

The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!
Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#524714 Mar 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on....coward...
It is worth repeating that you are repeating a lie...
The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!
Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......
BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!
Worth repeating!!!!
Do you believe that you draw Jesus to your own mindset???

None of you will answer my questions, because you know that you base your sermons on arrogance and nothing BUT self-serving arrogance.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#524715 Mar 27, 2014
June The Loon wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you expecting truth any time soon to pop out of the bible???
What shape will it take to convince you that "truth" is suited to your perception of your own image of holiness???
You can't see your own arrogance, because it blocks your view.
And your smuggness over shaddows us all.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#524716 Mar 27, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you worship?
Fact: with few changes, you use the RCC Bible.
Yet you admit that your Holy Book was compiled by a "corrupt and idolatrous system right from its satanic conception."
That doesn't sound very complementary of your own Holy Book.
Maybe it is a plant by Satan. After all, does a TRUE GOD get angry, or jealous, or vengeful?
Of course not, because those are traits of the devil, right?
Maybe you are beginning to see the light! You have been tricked by Satan. Mine is the only one true God.
The true God doesn't get emotional. The true God doesn't murder people.
Who are you really worshipping? I believe you just told yourself.
Ramen
i would use just about ANYTHING but the gaytheist's 'science' fiction books;-)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#524717 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to lead the Christians to follow you and Jesus HUH???
How funny.
No - just pointing out the lies that so-called "Christians" state in the forum.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#524718 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestantism branched off of Catholicism ... so it's roots are the same roots that fed the dogmas of Catholicism ... with a twist here and there from boobs such as Martin Luther and King James the first and his authorized liars.
lots of witchcraft came from rome/the RCC so you're much more roman catholic than i am:-)
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#524719 Mar 27, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen hojo!!
We are of one mind as Jesus wanted.
Why would we debate with each other.
<><
Exactly!!! Debate, discussion, arguing, bitching, disputing, disputation is ALL a bible only Protestant "thing" !!------in reality, It is all they know!!..They are "constantly "trying (unsuccessfully) to prove that their man-made religious beliefs are true and the fact is that they know that it CANNOT be proven, because I bible only was "never believed by anyone until the 18th century---------therefore "fundies" MUST rely on bashing and attacking the PROVEN historical and biblical Truth of Jesus Christ and His One Truth Catholic Church as the last resort..........The comical part about this is that none of the 42,200 plus agree with each other-----either!!!!....They are ALL rowing around in circles in their bible only boats more mad more confusion., more and more chaos and more and more contradiction !!!!!!!!!

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#524720 Mar 27, 2014
@ June,

Satan in the Old Testament ( assuming you have a Holy Bible, look under your cats, lol)

1kings22: 19-22

JB 1:6-12 (called Satan)

IS 14: 12 ( called other names)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#524721 Mar 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat this for Robert and I now add you to my list.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Presumptuous, Gluttonous for salvation, self-idolizing IDIOT!
LOL! i'm pretty sure that i've been on your list long before this last comment, June!;-)

btw- i'm a lover not a hater, but if loving Jesus is wrong (with gaytheist/haters) i don't wanna be right!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#524722 Mar 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment was about how,it seems,like worship..for me I knew,it was not the statue we worshipped but Mary ...we had a,grotto specifically for that purpose . It did feel we were worshipping Mary ...I sure,thought I was...
And to outsiders, it could look like worship of a,statue ...that we DID NOT do.
We did put a,crown of flowers,on the statue ..after a procession...and no I don't do that for Mom....though I think of her often. I do not pray to her..
We do not pray "to her" we ask her to PRAY for us.

I do, put flowers on my Mom's grave her picture is on there. I don't call that worship.

PS we do not worship Blessed Mother Mary. We honor her as Jesus said.

You wrote "it was not the statue we worshipped but Mary"

That's a big no no. Maybe no one told you. Sorry you were not taught correctly, or maybe you misunderstood.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#524723 Mar 27, 2014
Must run.

Have a great day/evening ALL!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524724 Mar 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:

AnthonyMN said, quote, "Why don't you call her blessed?" End quote. I do call her blessed.......not Blessed.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Are Mary's words in the bible NOT the Word of God?" End quote. Mary's words in the Bible are certainly true and are the word of God.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Why are you skipping your KJV and going with another translation?" End quote. I very rarely use the KJV of the Bible. The majority of the time I use the ESV. On this occasion I used the NASB.
OldJG asked AnthonyMN, "Why do Roman Catholics glorify the created and not the Creator?"
"I do call her blessed.......not Blessed."

Who cares if it's capitalized or not. I'm fine with "blessed virgin Mary". You asked where Jesus called her blessed. Are you implying that since Jesus didn't, you don't have too?

"Mary's words in the Bible are certainly true and are the word of God."

How 'bout the words of St. Elizabeth?

"Mary was a common woman used by God in an uncommon way. She was a willing and obedient vessel used of God. Nothing more. "

Where does the bible say she was an obedient vessel, nothing more?

"I very rarely use the KJV of the Bible. The majority of the time I use the ESV. On this occasion I used the NASB."

Well we use a bible translation calling her "Full of grace". Since you would have a problem with that, by what authority do you use yours and reject ours?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#524725 Mar 27, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Give us a break! You are really , really unnaturally sick when it comes to mike. YOU support his topics of discussion. YOU never tell him to stop, that his obsession is unnatural. I am sick of his perversion and I am sick of you playing victim. You post as if you are a little helpless little girl. I wonder if your husband hurts you and how many times you have landed in the hospital by his actions.
You pedophile supporters really do hate hearing about yourselves don't you.
That's only a small part of your deficiency.
Have you ever bitten another's ear off?
You appear to be a POE. You are really here defacing the cathaholics aren't you?
Just wait til the jesuit $$ gets their hands on you.
LOL!
Michael

Canada

#524726 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not angry in the least. I never get angry here. The numbers are small because so many have rejected the Church teachings and embraced secular morality instead. It's happening in all Christian communities.
The bishops, like me, would love to see more faithful Catholics, but not at the expense altering Church teachings. Yes, I am "in sync" with the Church
...I am sure there are many reasons why so many catholics today are not as faithful as their parents, and grandparents were.

Why not work with what you got and quit worrying what others do.

Michael

Canada

#524727 Mar 27, 2014
StarC wrote:
@ June,
Satan in the Old Testament ( assuming you have a Holy Bible, look under your cats, lol)
1kings22: 19-22
JB 1:6-12 (called Satan)
IS 14: 12 ( called other names)
..and you actually believe all this?

Next you will be telling us there were talking snakes, and talking donkeys in the OT.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524728 Mar 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Bishop of Bling OUTRAGEOUS.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/26/us -...
<quoted text>
The standard Roman Catholic response......quote
"Well OldJG we Roman Catholics are not the only thieves you know" end quote.
Great defense. LOL LOL LOL
<quoted text>
So you are justifying the actions of your Roman Catholic bishop by saying he is not the only thief? Beautiful. Thank you for your Roman insight.
<quoted text>
Actually I claim to be the poster of the Bishop of Bling article. I never denied it. You, on the other hand cannot fess up to your pathetic Roman Catholic bologna. You can hand me an e-tissue if you would like but how do I hand you an e-conscience? Just sayin'
As usual you feel free to cite unfavorable information on Catholics but cry like a baby when the tables are turned. I'm happy to offer you an e-tissue to mop up your tears.

"Bologna"? To which baloney are you referring? Maybe if you were to cite your qualifications to being the infallible interpreter of scripture we can move past your infantile insults.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524729 Mar 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I am sure there are many reasons why so many catholics today are not as faithful as their parents, and grandparents were.
Why not work with what you got and quit worrying what others do.
Yeah, there's lots of reasons like abortion, contraception, gay marriage, wymyn priests, divorce and remarriage, confession, fasting, going to Church on Sunday instead of sleeping in because you're hung over. All ideologies of secularized society where these are considered morally acceptable and which the Church has taught against for 2000 years.

Again Mike, I don't worry one iota about what non-practicing Catholics do. Why do you?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524730 Mar 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I do call her blessed.......not Blessed."
Who cares if it's capitalized or not. I'm fine with "blessed virgin Mary". You asked where Jesus called her blessed. Are you implying that since Jesus didn't, you don't have too?
"Mary's words in the Bible are certainly true and are the word of God."
How 'bout the words of St. Elizabeth?
"Mary was a common woman used by God in an uncommon way. She was a willing and obedient vessel used of God. Nothing more. "
Where does the bible say she was an obedient vessel, nothing more?
"I very rarely use the KJV of the Bible. The majority of the time I use the ESV. On this occasion I used the NASB."
Well we use a bible translation calling her "Full of grace". Since you would have a problem with that, by what authority do you use yours and reject ours?
Do you call John and Peter and the rest of the apostles blessed also?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#524731 Mar 27, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you call John and Peter and the rest of the apostles blessed also?
Sure. Why not? Why do you folks have such a hard time honoring those men and women the Lord chose? Do you think it takes away from the honor you heap upon yourselves? Are you jealous of them?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#524732 Mar 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No - just pointing out the lies that so-called "Christians" state in the forum.
And that means that you are trying to straighten out their thinking to suit your thinking.

It's always the same story in religion. "I know truth and you know dick-all!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web