Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641507 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524457 Mar 26, 2014
Ok here's,the sad thing .

Those,two specifically Biden and Pelosi and before,Teddy Kennedy ...are openly for abortion....yet WELCOMED in Rome ..what message,is,that to the world .it's,far more public than anything Proestant Pols do..they are,JUST AS,WRONG ...but the picture of those two at the Vatican as,Catholics WAS an abomination...don't you guys,agree??

I know,there were others of other religions..it's,NOT the,same .

Yes,God will judge them .
Again why is,the teen m o m kept from her Church ..excommunicated...or a woman derided after thirty years,for an abortion by so called good Catholics...but the politicians,get a,pass..

Yes,God's,mercy is for all..what about the RCC mercy to the mom..

What did the apostles, d o about the,APPEARANCE of sinning before the world,... they do great harm ..other Catholics see them and vote,for them ..why NOT excommunicated them??

They DO promote abortion ...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524458 Mar 26, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And if what you hear by word of mouth adds or takes from Scripture you can know your dealing with a false teacher.
Thanks for making that point. It's part of why I'm happy to remain Catholic and am unwilling to limit myself to Bible-only theology.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524459 Mar 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<and it isn't scary to the preacher who walks in the Light of God and in His Will. we know that and accept that when He calls us to Preach His Word.
Egoistical buffoon!

If Jesus is supporting what you preach as truth, I suggest that Jesus needs to take a laxative to clean his self out of Christian dogma ... then get back in the temple and preach Judaism ... by shouting it from the mountain tops and the plains and the Christianized ghettos ... where the Christians first defamed his name.

tongue in cheek

Quesnel, Canada

#524460 Mar 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I know your not a bad person, we all get a little carried away on this forum.
Then why do they preach that heaven is for them and hell is for others.

I suggest that is a very nasty and cruel message to try to impose on others as being based on truth.

Quesnel, Canada

#524461 Mar 26, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>

umm....thanks for the poetic garbeldygoop, but it doesn't change the fact that the RCC was a corrupt and idolatrous system right from its satanic conception.
carry on.......
Protestantism branched off of Catholicism ... so it's roots are the same roots that fed the dogmas of Catholicism ... with a twist here and there from boobs such as Martin Luther and King James the first and his authorized liars.

Quesnel, Canada

#524462 Mar 26, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
if you weren't a crazy ole topix-lady, you damn sure would be one crazy ole church-lady;-)
I repeat this for Robert and I now add you to my list.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Presumptuous, Gluttonous for salvation, self-idolizing IDIOT!

Quesnel, Canada

#524463 Mar 26, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> YOU push your falsehoods onto innocent people.
Is your preaching that others will spend eternity in hell a falsehood???

I suggest it IS a falsehood ... just as your flamboyant assumption of you going to heaven is a falsehood.

Quesnel, Canada

#524464 Mar 26, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Paul NEVER mentions Mary in any of his writings? If Mary was so important to the early church, as Roman Catholics suggest, why doesn't Paul address her importance.
Mary was a Pagan goddess that the Catholics adopted as Jesus'(Ihcuc's) mother.

Paul was another made up character as was Mother Goose and Cinderella and Goldilocks ... and blah, blah, blah.

Theologians in all religions earned their keep by writing nonsense!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524465 Mar 26, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical truth? No. Tango Bravo truth? Sadly, yes.
Why doesn't the Bible address this "mystical" Mary you speak of? Why is the Bible, the Word of God completely silent about the "Roman" Mary?
<quoted text>
OK, Tango Bravo, provide a BIBLE translation that describes Mary as follows:
1. Perpetual virgin
2. The queen of heaven
3. The mother of God
4. Assumption into heaven
5. Immaculate conception
6. Co-redeemer
7. Mother of the church
8. Sinless
9. Co-mediator
We can wait.
<quoted text>
With Bible Only we have black print on white paper which eliminates the "make it up as you go" theology of the Roman Catholic church which you call "tradition".
As for tradition, what did Jesus tell us. Let's check. Matthew 15:3, "He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?"
NOT ONCE did Jesus speak well about traditions, Neither did Paul as he said in Colossians 2:8 “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, AND NOT AFTER CHRIST.” He said to” let the word of God dwell in you richly.” It is the word of God that is living and active (Hebrews 4:12) to change one from the inside, traditions can never be a alternative or of equal value to what God has spoken and written down for all generations to live by.
<quoted text>
Obviously your long suit is not comprehension. And as always you have ducked the questions about Mary. The questions cannot be answer answered using the Bible so you substitute Biblical truth with Roman Catholic "tradition" to satisfy your twisted theology.
Please read if you are able:
With Bible Only we have black print on white paper which eliminates the "make it up as you go" theology of the Roman Catholic church which you call "tradition".
As for tradition, what did Jesus tell us. Let's check. Matthew 15:3, "He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?"
NOT ONCE did Jesus speak well about traditions,
Neither did Paul as he said in Colossians 2:8 “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, AND NOT AFTER CHRIST.” He said to” let the word of God dwell in you richly.” It is the word of God that is living and active (Hebrews 4:12) to change one from the inside, traditions can never be a alternative or of equal value to what God has spoken and written down for all generations to live by.
Your posts are getting longer and longer, but still say nothing.

You refuse to accept Scripture to your own loss.

You are refusing to accept Scripture.

"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524466 Mar 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying...the proof is in Scripture....Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholic lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!
There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????
I quote Scripture and you tell me that Scripture proves that I'm lying? How ....... curious.

"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)

Quesnel, Canada

#524467 Mar 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty certain your hatred for the Catholic Church has spewed into your hatred for the Blessed Mother.
Ya can't hate something that ya don't believe exists, because it is a nothing in your own mind.

For instance ... you don't HATE the Mahdi savior of Islam. You simply don't believe such a savior exists.

Once you understand that issue, you might stop referring to others who don't believe in your supposed savior as "Haters."

Quesnel, Canada

#524468 Mar 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....what falsehoods?
...if you believe their is a devil, why does god let the devil exist?
You won't get an answer to that question ... guaranteed.

They avoid all the questions that make them question their own dogmas.

Yet they have no problem with belittling the dogmas in all other religions as FALSE!

They defend their own lies comparable to dogs fighting over a bone.

Self-deceivers ... one and all!

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#524469 Mar 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't blame many for believing Catholics,worship her.Star ..
http://catholictradition.org/Mary/rarest.htm
Along with Children in procession..the Sodality .....and a crown for the statue..
I'm just saying it looks and felt like,worship.
Sometimes things are not what they seem.

So on Mother's Day, if you bring flowers to your mother it's called worship?

So if your mom has passed on and you have a picture and you put a few flowers next to the picture. It's called worship?

BT W , on Mother's Day my kids treat me like a queen.
On Father 's day they put a crown on dear husband.(From Burger King, lol)

Jesus said "honor your mother and father.

Jesus said when dying on the cross to John "behold your mother"

FYI...
Statues are nothing more than 3 dimension pictures. In memory and honor of our heavenly mother.
Not worship.

Worship is for God alone.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#524470 Mar 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really as devious as are the Christians at dodging my questions.
Why did Ramen create all forms of life to suffer.
Only a creator that was half-cooked would want his own creation to have to suffer.
You ought to kick your pile of half-cooked spaghetti that you call a god to the curb and leave religion alone ... period.
:)
When have I dodged?

Again... My God put it all in motion. My God does not micro-manage.

Life is rare and not easy. There is suffering and joy. Those are part of being aware.

You are still wrapped up in Bronze Age religious paradigms.

They need you June.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#524471 Mar 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
Its interesting that one magnifies their importance in the universe, much like a magnifying glass.... But in reverse, it does concentrate the light to a single point. Those causes of the mind get magnified, and out of proportion, and also the heart. But emotions should not be eliminated, as they color our visions as well.
Peace
I am not saying that emotions should, or even could be eliminated in humans.

I say with full confidence that no true God is driven by petty human emotions such as anger or jealousy.

Consider -- does a child with an ant farm get angry at, or become jealous of the ants?

If so, that would be a troubled child.

Don't worry, the one true God is not troubled, nor angry or jealous. That's the delusional Bronze Age god.

Cheers and Ramen
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#524472 Mar 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't get an answer to that question ... guaranteed.
They avoid all the questions that make them question their own dogmas.
Yet they have no problem with belittling the dogmas in all other religions as FALSE!
They defend their own lies comparable to dogs fighting over a bone.
Self-deceivers ... one and all!
Who is this old lady anyway? Is somebody out there pulling our leg?

This just can't be a real person.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#524473 Mar 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes things are not what they seem.
So on Mother's Day, if you bring flowers to your mother it's called worship?
So if your mom has passed on and you have a picture and you put a few flowers next to the picture. It's called worship?
BT W , on Mother's Day my kids treat me like a queen.
On Father 's day they put a crown on dear husband.(From Burger King, lol)
Jesus said "honor your mother and father.
Jesus said when dying on the cross to John "behold your mother"
FYI...
Statues are nothing more than 3 dimension pictures. In memory and honor of our heavenly mother.
Not worship.
Worship is for God alone.
Do you believe Mary was sinless and went to Heaven in bodily form?

If so, how would Mary be any different from a god?

The Bible says ALL humans sin. If you believe the Bible, then Mary is not human, but does have all the characteristics of a god (like Jesus, bodily resurrection).

Again, with these late 19th century decrees, how is Mary NOT a god?

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#524474 Mar 26, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this old lady anyway? Is somebody out there pulling our leg?
This just can't be a real person.
If your religious beliefs were not delusions, you wouldn't care who she was.

Ramen

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#524475 Mar 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Ok here's,the sad thing .
Those,two specifically Biden and Pelosi and before,Teddy Kennedy ...are openly for abortion....yet WELCOMED in Rome ..what message,is,that to the world .it's,far more public than anything Proestant Pols do..they are,JUST AS,WRONG ...but the picture of those two at the Vatican as,Catholics WAS an abomination...don't you guys,agree??
I know,there were others of other religions..it's,NOT the,same .
Yes,God will judge them .
Again why is,the teen m o m kept from her Church ..excommunicated...or a woman derided after thirty years,for an abortion by so called good Catholics...but the politicians,get a,pass..
Yes,God's,mercy is for all..what about the RCC mercy to the mom..
What did the apostles, d o about the,APPEARANCE of sinning before the world,... they do great harm ..other Catholics see them and vote,for them ..why NOT excommunicated them??
They DO promote abortion ...
I agree, IMO they have excommunicated them selves.

If they receive Jesus in Holy Communion they bring judgment on them selves
1cor10: 21

Pelosi and Biden are Catholic in name only.
Just like THE PRESIDENT and his wife, so called CHRISTIANS. IMO . They will be judged.
Oxbow

Waycross, GA

#524477 Mar 26, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I quote Scripture and you tell me that Scripture proves that I'm lying? How ....... curious.
Yes...you are lying....quoting Scripture does not make you correct....
Further proof of you lying, you have no reply to:
You are lying...the proof is in Scripture....Paul was preaching to his fellow Jews on their Jewish traditionary law. To my knowledge only the Catholic lie about following these traditions when they have no idea what the tradionary law is!!!!
There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????
I repeat: There are 613 Commandments in this law.......What are the first ten (10)????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr I recently left 10,102
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) Fri Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web