Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 686022 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524391 Mar 26, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Church going is down in all faiths, you know why?
Many reasons. One being that the modern Wiccans are a whole lot more fun to be with when they dance under the moon and believe that the goddess loves everybody.

People don't want to believe they will spend eternity in hell. So, the answer to their prayers is that they join a religion that doesn't believe in the existence of hells.

See how easy it is to solve that problem of hellfire and damnation? Just do away with it in your brain, and the fear-filled illusion is sure to disappear.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524392 Mar 26, 2014
yeah really wrote:
And Mike, It's a very evil thing to teach falsehoods about Christ to others.
Then you better stop promoting the idea that Jesus agrees YOUR interpretations that you eagerly take from words in the bible.

For instance ... do you believe that Jesus agrees with the scripture that homosexuals should be put to death???

I'll wait for your answer ... but I won't hold my breath.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524393 Mar 26, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
CHURCH ATTENDANCE HAS DROPPED ..BECAUSE
1. Most churches have lost their vision.
What makes you so irritable is that they lost YOUR vision of how "God" wants things done.

Your extreme arrogance is blocking your view of your arrogant self.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#524394 Mar 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, mostly to his disciples...give me a specific parable and the person/persons He was speaking to will be clearly known.........
From this forum and experience, I know Catholics follow their leadership in "trumping" the Word of God with "the Catechism" "doctrines" "dogmas" "traditions" "church fodders" "Saints" etc etc etc.....
Oxbow

Peace

Consider for a moment that parables were given to the mind of the crowds, who were(and are) attracted for a time, but move(d) on about their own business later....

Those who follow Jesus become as Jesus, and those who follow others become as others.

Peace
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524395 Mar 26, 2014
The ku klux klan are made up of white Christians that place high value on their own interpretations from the bible.

Clarence Thomas is now a Supreme Court Judge.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Clarence Thomas … My Grandfather’s Son” comes the following.

The prospect of driving through the South frightened me, with good reason. One of the first things we saw as we drove across the state line into North Carolina on Highway 301 was a billboard that said: The United Klans of America Welcome You.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524396 Mar 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who follow Jesus become as Jesus
You ought to be embarrassed by such a telling attitude that YOU are HOLY ... but that is what religion has done to you ... because you keep on encouraging more and more ego into your brain-cells.

Maybe one day you will self implode!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524397 Mar 26, 2014
All the time, century after century, when the Catholics were killing innocent humans as heretics ... I suggest that they never attacked their own interpretations from the bible as being wrong.

They always presumed that "JESUS" was on their side of every issue.

If you can't see that you create Jesus in your image to be your slave ... you are blind-sighted by the cunning nature of your own egos.

"Jesus agrees with ME" ... is your claim to fame.

Location hidden

#524398 Mar 26, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's true that there are no perfect people within the various fellowships (churches) scattered throughout the world. however the RCC is a false religious system, NOT a valid fellowship of believers. having said this, i do believe that God in His infinite mercy has been able to save some people within who somehow are able to put their trust in Christ in spite of the idolatrous and confusing doctrine of the RCC
Waaasssuuup

Peace

It seems to me, that religious systems over time become corrupt. Often they are a reaction to present existing injustice, but eventually become ridden with vice. Thus, one must return, and remember Jesus Christ as the Redeemer.

Even when pursuing God on one's own, there is a tendency to be mislead by one's own experiences, which often becomes more distinct, in time, and becomes obvious to others.

The practice of prayer, abstinence, and mercy, all with love makes for a calmer mind to approach God through Jesus.....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524399 Mar 26, 2014
Many times now I have pointed out that Martin Luther used the same bible when he was a devout Catholic monk, as he did when he turned against the Catholic teachings to use his own revised interpretations as a base for his new religion.

Both times Martin was certain he was qualified to preach truth at others.

If you can't see his scam ... you choose to stay blind.

He simply changed the meanings of the words to suit his own ego.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524400 Mar 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaasssuuup
Peace
It seems to me, that religious systems over time become corrupt. Often they are a reaction to present existing injustice, but eventually become ridden with vice. Thus, one must return, and remember Jesus Christ as the Redeemer.
Even when pursuing God on one's own, there is a tendency to be mislead by one's own experiences, which often becomes more distinct, in time, and becomes obvious to others.
The practice of prayer, abstinence, and mercy, all with love makes for a calmer mind to approach God through Jesus.....
Peace
Presumptuous, Gluttonous for salvation, self-idolizing IDIOT!

Location hidden

#524401 Mar 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You ought to be embarrassed by such a telling attitude that YOU are HOLY ... but that is what religion has done to you ... because you keep on encouraging more and more ego into your brain-cells.
Maybe one day you will self implode!
June

Thank you.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524403 Mar 26, 2014
Just as did Robert F, Clarence Thomas later went back to his religion.

Some simply have to assure their selves that a god loves them, while being certain that the same god will reject others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Clarence Thomas … My Grandfather’s Son” comes the following.

Page 105 … Having turned my back on religion, I saw no reason to accept mere political opinions as gospel truth.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524404 Mar 26, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Your church may dissolve , but the Church Christ founded will never be destroyed.
Even if Jesus had lived, he never founded a Catholic church. He would have been dead before the Catholics started writing the supposed history to their own dictates.

The New testament was not published until over three hundred years after the "supposed" crucifixion.

Lots of time for theologians to write lies.

The fact that you insult the Jews every time you claim that one of them chose to be Catholic, bespeaks more about your character than you may ever know.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524405 Mar 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Thank you.
You are welcome. I am not here to flatter you as you keep on flattering your self.

You are a pompous ASS, and only you can change the idea that you and Jesus are the best of buddies, while Jesus agrees with you that the majority of human souls deserve eternal hell.

Sickening self-indulgence!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524406 Mar 26, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Just because they are baptized Catholic , doesn't make him or her Catholic. Many of these people who say they are Catholic haven't practiced their faith in many years.
That was the point ..of my entire post

BUT the young ten who gets an abortion is excommunicated...while Pelosi and Biden who vote against ANY restrictions.on abortion....even on viable babies..get Mass and communion with the Pope ...they are responsible for millions with th e it votes in Congress....yet the mom, who may have been forced by her pimp, who may be a street child calling to God...the RCC excommunicated her .....shame

KNIT...hmmm...etc..

Why not stick with one name...Just curious...some might get confused...
Michael

Canada

#524407 Mar 26, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Church going is down in all faiths, you know why? It's people like you who bad mouth Christ. Yes, if you know anything about your religion you were brought up, you would know that. Christ started the Catholic Church so you will have to take it up with Christ on how you spread falsehoods about what Christ founded.. People would rather watch tv, go shopping for material things, slept late because they prefer hedonistic lifestyles. People think of themselves , they are too selfish , they worship themselves instead of God, etc. Think about it in .todays society stresses hedonism, selfishness,materialism over God. Things like this go in cycles, the pendulum WILL swing back the other way.
...when you have church leaders who teach Morality and justice in the name of god, then they themselves commit and create scandal after scandal sometimes for centuries committing the worst of sins and crimes of all.....and you still wonder why people aren't flocking to churches?

Unbelievable!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524408 Mar 26, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical truth? No. Tango Bravo truth? Sadly, yes.
Why doesn't the Bible address this "mystical" Mary you speak of? Why is the Bible, the Word of God completely silent about the "Roman" Mary?
<quoted text>
OK, Tango Bravo, provide a BIBLE translation that describes Mary as follows:
1. Perpetual virgin
2. The queen of heaven
3. The mother of God
4. Assumption into heaven
5. Immaculate conception
6. Co-redeemer
7. Mother of the church
8. Sinless
9. Co-mediator
We can wait.
<quoted text>
With Bible Only we have black print on white paper which eliminates the "make it up as you go" theology of the Roman Catholic church which you call "tradition".
As for tradition, what did Jesus tell us. Let's check. Matthew 15:3, "He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?"
NOT ONCE did Jesus speak well about traditions, Neither did Paul as he said in Colossians 2:8 “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, AND NOT AFTER CHRIST.” He said to” let the word of God dwell in you richly.” It is the word of God that is living and active (Hebrews 4:12) to change one from the inside, traditions can never be a alternative or of equal value to what God has spoken and written down for all generations to live by.
You are refusing to accept Scripture.

"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524409 Mar 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Thess 2:15 "Tradition" is from the Koine Greek word "paradosis" and means a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:
Pray tell us what is the Jewish traditionary law.....show us any official documentation that Catholics live by this law...
"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524411 Mar 26, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
And if what you hear by word of mouth adds or takes from Scripture you can know your dealing with a false teacher.
Michael

Canada

#524412 Mar 26, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Church going is down in all faiths, you know why? It's people like you who bad mouth Christ. Yes, if you know anything about your religion you were brought up, you would know that. Christ started the Catholic Church so you will have to take it up with Christ on how you spread falsehoods about what Christ founded.. People would rather watch tv, go shopping for material things, slept late because they prefer hedonistic lifestyles. People think of themselves , they are too selfish , they worship themselves instead of God, etc. Think about it in .todays society stresses hedonism, selfishness,materialism over God. Things like this go in cycles, the pendulum WILL swing back the other way.
..,So its my fault that church attendance is down.(lol)

...If General motors car sales drop does general motors blame the car buying public or do they admit they aren't doing a good job keeping people coming back to their products.

...2,000 years and only 22%of our world are christian and most of them were born into the family religous tradition, to become what mom and dad want them to become.....just like them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 10,585
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web