Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678893 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#524280 Mar 25, 2014
jazavac is smelly black white animals
jazavac=zajavac=when someone take credit from bank
see bank game with words upon poor people

its good to be ijuju not-educated
thief's is thief's

Better be not educated but honestly tell story who they are how they operating as well why?!

wicket spells evil people hurt many many in past

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#524281 Mar 25, 2014
no liars
lips talkers
stokers and so on
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524282 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Um, you do realize that Roe v Wade was decided in 1972 which established the right to abortion? The makeup of the court in 1972 was 9 protestants and 1 Catholic. Six protestants and one Catholic voted for abortion rights so your husband's accusation that Catholics gave us abortion is a lie.
The Supreme Court in 2014 is made up 6 Catholics and 3 Jews.

----------
So why didn't they change Roe v Wade when they had the chance recently?

I wasn't talking about 1972.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#524283 Mar 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not Jesus free the souls in Olam Haba??
Jesus,did ascend soul and body..but what of souls who died in Christ ..the thief is,with Jesus ...Are they not also??? Their SOUls ..the mansions,...at the time JESUS,said none have ascended ..he had not YET arisen..
I think He opened heaven or maybe a,part of heaven until the end when we,are,all resurrected ...
If you were to believe Jesus, you'd realize his meanings are not what others have described...

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#524284 Mar 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Why do Catholics worship Mary as though she were a goddess, when it is clear in Scripture that she was not a supernatural being?
Catholics do not worship Mary, the Mother of Christ, as though she were a deity. Of all the misconceptions about Catholic belief and practice, this one is the most absurd. Catholics are just as aware as Protestants that Mary was a human creature, and therefore not entitled to the honours which are reserved to God alone. What many non-Catholics mistake for adoration is a very profound love and veneration, nothing more. Mary is not adored, first because God forbids it, and secondly because the Canon Law of the Catholic Church, which is based on Divine Law, forbids it, strictly forbids adoration of anyone other than the Holy Trinity. However, Catholics do feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the Mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her, exalted her more than any other human person before or since. Catholics heap tribute and honour on Mary because they earnestly desire to be "followers of God, as a most dear children." (Eph. 5:1). Mary herself prophesied: "For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me: and holy is his name." (Luke 1:48-49). Catholics know that every bit of the glory they give to Mary redounds to the glory of her divine Son, just as Mary magnified God, not herself, when Elizabeth blessed her.(Luke 1:41-55). They know that the closer they draw to her, the closer they draw to Him who was born of her. In the year 434 St. Vincent of Lerins defended Christian devotion to Mary this way: "Therefore, may God forbid that anyone should attempt to defraud Holy Mary of her privilege of divine grace and her special glory. For by a unique favour of our Lord and God she is confessed to be the most true and most blessed Mother of God." Today 75% of all Christians still hold to this same view."
You can't blame many for believing Catholics,worship her.Star ..

http://catholictradition.org/Mary/rarest.htm

Along with Children in procession..the Sodality .....and a crown for the statue..

I'm just saying it looks and felt like,worship.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524285 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Nevertheless, there are millions of protestants who claim to be born again and support abortion rights.
So again, if you reserve the right to judge whether a person is "born again" based on their abortion position, why can't Catholics, who follow the clear and vocal teaching of the Church, claim that pro-abortion "Catholics" aren't really Catholics?

----------
I wasn't judging whether a person is 'born again', just saying that I don't know any Protestants who are pro-choice.

You are probably referring to what we call 'nominal' Christians...just sort of 'club members'...not serious believers.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524286 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN ]Roe v. Wade
Affirming right to abortion:
Burger - Presbyterian
Brennen- Catholic
Douglas - Presbyterian
Stewart - Episcopalian
Blackmon- Methodist
Powell - Presbyterian
Marshall - Episcopalian
Dissenting:
Renquist - Lutheran
White - Episcopalian
Looks like the protestant majority are the ones who gave this country abortion.

----------
Just what I thought...most of these even have homosexual 'ministers'...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524287 Mar 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical truth? No. Tango Bravo truth? Sadly, yes.
Why doesn't the Bible address this "mystical" Mary you speak of? Why is the Bible, the Word of God completely silent about the "Roman" Mary?
<quoted text>
OK, Tango Bravo, provide a BIBLE translation that describes Mary as follows:
1. Perpetual virgin
2. The queen of heaven
3. The mother of God
4. Assumption into heaven
5. Immaculate conception
6. Co-redeemer
7. Mother of the church
8. Sinless
9. Co-mediator
We can wait.
Why would anyone restrict themselves to Bible-only evidence when even Holy Scripture encourages attention and adherence to Tradition? When you restrict yourself to Bible-only you have what is necessary to understand your relationship with God.

"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

But there is more to know in order to more fully understand your relationship to God.

"So, then, brethren stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter." (2 Thess. 2:15)
truth

Perth, Australia

#524288 Mar 25, 2014
who is possessors and deceivers
did they call them-self God prepare for you
or wicket satanic corrupt evil people

very sad to know who they are

evil serve evil

why wicket borrowing on front

Why you think dogs is not mad?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#524289 Mar 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Peace
To whom do you think Jesus addressed his parables to?
It was not the religious leaders, for they understood of whom was often described as the unrepentant(themselves).
Do you not think that the RCC leadership know this also?
What do you think?
Peace
As I recall, mostly to his disciples...give me a specific parable and the person/persons He was speaking to will be clearly known.........

From this forum and experience, I know Catholics follow their leadership in "trumping" the Word of God with "the Catechism" "doctrines" "dogmas" "traditions" "church fodders" "Saints" etc etc etc.....
truth

Perth, Australia

#524290 Mar 25, 2014
bog mrzi spletkaroshe
varalice
lupeze
i njihove propagatore
Is that to know all of them how they looks?

very sad

Location hidden

#524291 Mar 25, 2014
What happened to the second Commandment as found in the Bible????
Catechism of the Catholic Church - The Ten Commandments
Traditional Catechetical Formula
1. I am the LORD your God:
you shall not have
strange Gods before me.
2. You shall not take
the name of the LORD your God in vain.

Location hidden

#524292 Mar 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
"Why do Catholics worship Mary as though she were a goddess, when it is clear in Scripture that she was not a supernatural being?
Catholics do not worship Mary, the Mother of Christ, as though she were a deity. Of all the misconceptions about Catholic belief and practice, this one is the most absurd. Catholics are just as aware as Protestants that Mary was a human creature, and therefore not entitled to the honours which are reserved to God alone. What many non-Catholics mistake for adoration is a very profound love and veneration, nothing more. Mary is not adored, first because God forbids it, and secondly because the Canon Law of the Catholic Church, which is based on Divine Law, forbids it, strictly forbids adoration of anyone other than the Holy Trinity. However, Catholics do feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the Mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her, exalted her more than any other human person before or since. Catholics heap tribute and honour on Mary because they earnestly desire to be "followers of God, as a most dear children." (Eph. 5:1). Mary herself prophesied: "For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me: and holy is his name." (Luke 1:48-49). Catholics know that every bit of the glory they give to Mary redounds to the glory of her divine Son, just as Mary magnified God, not herself, when Elizabeth blessed her.(Luke 1:41-55). They know that the closer they draw to her, the closer they draw to Him who was born of her. In the year 434 St. Vincent of Lerins defended Christian devotion to Mary this way: "Therefore, may God forbid that anyone should attempt to defraud Holy Mary of her privilege of divine grace and her special glory. For by a unique favour of our Lord and God she is confessed to be the most true and most blessed Mother of God." Today 75% of all Christians still hold to this same view."
Really??? Then the pope ain't Catholic!!!!!

Pope John Paul II and Marian Worship...

POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well) Picture would not copy.....

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524293 Mar 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
Quote, "Why do Catholics worship Mary as though she were a goddess, when it is clear in Scripture that she was not a supernatural being.? Catholics do not worship Mary, the Mother of Christ, as though she were a deity." End quote.

Really? They why do Roman Catholics call her a perpetual virgin, sinless, mother of God, mother of the church, assumed into heaven, co-redeemer, queen of heaven, immaculate conception and co-mediator?

Quote, "However, Catholics do feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the Mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her, exalted her more than any other human person before or since."

She is not the capital M mother of capital R redemption. She is the mother of the human body of Jesus. Also, you have never read what the Bible says about the greatest human. John 7:28, "I tell you, among those born of women none is greater than John(the Baptist). Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.” Not Mary.

Quote "They know that the closer they draw to her, the closer they draw to Him who was born of her."

The closer they draw to her the closer they draw to him who was born of her. BOLOGNA! Knowing who Mary is does not help anyone know who Jesus is. Many people know my mother and many of those same people have no idea who I am.

Quote "In the year 434 St. Vincent of Lerins defended Christian devotion to Mary this way: "Therefore, may God forbid that anyone should attempt to defraud Holy Mary of her privilege of divine grace and her special glory. For by a unique favour of our Lord and God she is confessed to be the most true and most blessed Mother of God."

#1, Mary IS NOT holy.#2, Mary is to receive no special glory.#3, she is not the Mother of God.

Let me ask all of our Roman Catholic forum participants. Did Jesus ever speak of His mother in the same terms as the Roman Catholic church speaks of her? Does Jesus ever call her "holy'?
truth

Perth, Australia

#524294 Mar 25, 2014
specific words

very sad from you to be pretender
What a shame?

its already written
'o you scribe Pharisee judges lawyers people with diploma
wolfs dogs cats vipers pigers this and that and so on''

Its describe perfectly all prophets before!

Location hidden

#524295 Mar 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
Then da pope ain't Catholic!!!!

"Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." -Pope John Paul II

Pope John Paull II has 'dedicated himself and his Pontificate to Our Lady.' He bears the letter "M" for Mary in his coat of arms. And his personal motto, which is embroidered on the side of his robes in Latin is the following: "TOTUS TUUS SUM MARIA", which in English translates to: "MARY, I'M ALL YOURS."

For those that think the "Totus Tuus Sum Maria" is a fictitious proclamation of Pope John Paul II, see this excerpt from a Los Angeles Times News Article.

"By awarding the Virgin a central place in the cathedral's narrative, the archdiocese is keeping faith with a long, if fluctuating, Catholic and Orthodox tradition of devotion to Our Lady, a tradition enjoying a resurgence under Pope John Paul II.(The pope's personal motto, "Totus tuus sum, Maria," or "I am all yours, Mary," reflects his belief that the Virgin intervened to save his life from an assassin's bullet in 1981 so that he could help defeat European communism.)" -LATIMES.com Sept 1, 2002 By REED JOHNSON, Times Staff Writer (Click here to see entire article )

Also notice the official "Coat of Arms" of John Paul II...

Notice the huge letter "M" signifying John Paul II's desire to glorify MARY as his god in his pontificate.

truth

Perth, Australia

#524296 Mar 25, 2014
not even with diploma gods

see pattern as code as seeds
when grow up
you can see how its looks
as art

Did lettuce have petals as roses?

Location hidden

#524297 Mar 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
Then the pope ain't Catholic!!!

Pope John Paul II and Marian Worship...

POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well) Picture would not copy...

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL
ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"
truth

Perth, Australia

#524298 Mar 25, 2014
Are you for sure salitree as manure and iron not have problem or cozy health problem?
bio
salitre water sun its force
salitre=amino-acid
see genetic organism
see genetic seeds

Why lettuce have milk juice?

Location hidden

#524299 Mar 25, 2014
The Catholic Church Teaches a Perverted Salvation (Not one word of Scripture to support this trash!!!!!)

From The Questions and Answers Catholic Catechism, by Father John A. Hardon, who holds a Doctorate degree from the Gregorian University near the Vatican in Rome, and is professor in the Institute for Advanced Studies in Catholic Doctrine at Sr. John's University in New York.

"The church is the universal sacrament of salvation..." (Q. 402, p. 96).

"Non Christians can be saved through the church..." (Q. 418, p. 99).

In Dictionary of the Liturgy, by Rev. Jovian P. Lang, OFM (Catholic Book Publishing Co., NY, copyright 1989).

"Also, the church could be considered the universal Sacrament of salvation for all the faithful." (page 563).

"Although Christ died to save all human beings, every individual must apply the fruits of the Redemption...This is done principally through the Church and her Liturgy. The liturgical action is itself an event of salvation..." (573).

"Thus, the Liturgy is completely concerned with salvation. It speaks of the "bread of life" and the "cup of eternal salvation" (Eucharistic prayer 1*)."(573)

Liturgy = "1 a: a rite or series of rites, observances, or procedures prescribed for public worship....c: ceremonial or ritualistic worship....2: a system or series of ceremonial or ritualistic actions done according to a prescribed arrangement" (Websters Third New International Dictionary).

In Dictionary of the Liturgy (p. 183) speaking of Eternal Life it says: "The Liturgy is one of the most powerful means for Christians to obtain this life of grace."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 min Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 57 min I love dogs 84,661
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... 17 hr WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis 18 hr Rico from East Lo... 4
News Muslim Americans Have Some Advice For Trump On ... May 21 Jay Em 7
News Pope Francis says 2,000 sex abuse cases backlog... May 17 hamlet 6
News Pope to canonize 2 Fatima children a century af... May 14 South Knox Hombre 9
More from around the web