Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595923 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523892 Mar 24, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
EVEN THE DEVIL KNOWS WHAT IS WRITTEN AND QUOTED IT
If I believed in a devil, I would believe that he was inspiring you ... with your homophobia and dislike of all things Catholic.

You and Martin Luther would have made quite the "enlightened" pair ... both using the literature written by Catholics and both having the nerve to claim that GOD called you to preach truth.

YUCK!

Here is your devil in action.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#523893 Mar 24, 2014
I DO NOT WANT A PROXY RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND jESUS..

AND MORE THAT I WANTED ANOTHER PERSON TO LAY IN BETWEEN MY BRIDE AND MYSELF ON MY WEDDING NIGHT.

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS EVIDENTLY WOULD BE SATISFIED SUCH A RELATIONSHIP...WITH MARY BETWEEN YOU AND JESUS...

QUESTION...ARE YOU CLAIMING TO BE THE MARY'S HUSBAND?

THE BIBLE SAYS JESUS IS THE BRIDE GROOM AND

THE CHURCH SUPPOSED TO BE THE BRIDE.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

THE BIBLES DOES NOT SAY HERE THAT WE ARE ESPOUSED TO A WIFE...TO MARY..

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523894 Mar 24, 2014
OldJG wrote:
I love this illustration of what the Bible truly is......

B-asic
I-nstruction
B-efore
L-eaving
E-arth
You go to the bible and reflect to your self what please you. And all other people in all other religions play the same games with their own mentalities.

"I'm special to God. He loves me ... blah ... blah ... blah."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523895 Mar 24, 2014
Imagine having the arrogance to make the statement "God called ME to preach truth."

That boils down to the belittling attitude ... "The devil called YOU to preach lies."

Ridiculous blather.

If a god exists, and the god created Adam and Eve to sin ... the god is the FIRST and LASTING sinner. And there should be no question about that in the minds of any believer that believes that Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth.

You can't BE honest with others when you continue to lie to your selves.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523896 Mar 24, 2014
Of course not. That is why you shout out the continual arrogant claim that God chose you to preach truth.

You WANT to believe that you and Jesus are on the same wave length.

But I'm telling you ... and I'm just as adamant as are you ... that had Jesus lived as a Jewish Rabbi... he would have preached nothing but Judaism ... not Martin Luther's or your version of baffle-gas.

#523897 Mar 24, 2014
The Bible says..

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

As far as Mary being a perpetual virgin...

The word of God applied to her as well as other wives..

it says..

1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1Co 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

1Co 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

1Co 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523898 Mar 24, 2014
How de-faming ... that the devout believers want to make Jesus out to be a traitor to Judaism ... so that they (within their own personalized framework of Christianity) can claim that they preach truth.

THAT is the absolute HEIGHT of ARROGANCE!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523899 Mar 24, 2014
The Bible says..
Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
As far as Mary being a perpetual virgin...
The word of God applied to her as well as other wives..
it says..
1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
1Co 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
1Co 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
1Co 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
Had Jesus lived ... the KJV would not have been a book that Jesus would have used when he learned to be a Jewish Rabbi.

I suggest you stop lying.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523900 Mar 24, 2014
The Jesus-myth has been stretched and totally warped to every circle of the earth by preachers claiming to know truth.

But I suggest that it's common sense that once a Jewish Rabbi ... until death do we part ... always a Jewish Rabbi.

Jesus (in spirit form) would not have gone lusting after other religious notions. And had he lived in a physical body on earth he would have died on the cross faithful to Judaism.

TINK about it ... you FOOLS!

#523901 Mar 24, 2014
You ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE ACCUSING MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS OF SINNING AGAINST HER HUSBAND,... defrauding him and not giving him due benevolence .

BY CLAIMING/SAYING SHE WAS A PERPETUAL VIRGIN

yet you say she was with out sin....

you are divided against yourselves with your conjecture...

EVERY CULT HAS IT'S LIES ...ANDY SOONER OR LATER IT CATCHES UP WITH THEM.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523902 Mar 24, 2014
Christian ... "I want to be RIGHT with Jesus."

Agnostic ... "Then I suggest that you stop inferring that he was unfaithful to his Jewish Rabbis to in turn follow your Christian thought."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523903 Mar 24, 2014
You ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE ACCUSING MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS OF SINNING AGAINST HER HUSBAND,... defrauding him and not giving him due benevolence .
You Protestants are accusing Jesus of whoring around with your religious magic potion of salvation.

De-famers ... one and all!

#523904 Mar 24, 2014
jUST HOW MANY WERE ACTUALL IN THE FAMILY OF JOSEPH AND MARY...?

THE BIBLE NAMES THEM....

Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter,(JESUS) the son of Mary,

the brother of

James, and

Joses, and of

Juda, and

Simon? and

are not his sisters( AT LEAST TWO)

here with us? And they were offended at him.

WHY NOT STOP LYING ABOUT MARY AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SHE HAD A LARGE FAMILY...

COUNT THEM FOR YOURSELF...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523905 Mar 24, 2014
The only reason some theologians can't be embarrassed, is because they won't allow new thoughts into their psyches TO embarrass them.

You are one such mortal beast of arrogance.

Had Jesus lived, he would in spirit still be faithful to his Jewish teachers.

However, in Jewish literature there is no Jesus anywhere ... because the Jesus-myth stemmed from Catholicism ... NOT Judaism.

You can pound those keys on your keyboard until you die of exhaustion ... as did Fred Phelps ... but I suggest that if truth exists ... you are a far cry from having it in your possession ... even though you place all your faith in your cunning wacked-out theology.

#523906 Mar 24, 2014
HAVING A FAMILY DOES NOT SAY .....THAT MARY WAS NOT A VIRTUOUS WOMAN.

Pro 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Pro 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

Pro 31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Pro 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

Pro 31:14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

Pro 31:15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

Pro 31:16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Pro 31:17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

Pro 31:18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

Pro 31:19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

Pro 31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

Pro 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

Pro 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

Pro 31:23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

Pro 31:24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

Pro 31:25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Pro 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

NOTE
Pro 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Pro 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

Pro 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Pro 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

MARY (the mother of Jesus) WAS NOT IMMACULATELY CONCEIVED .
.NEITHER WAS SHE ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN...

and the Bible plainly proves that she was not a perpetual virgin.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#523907 Mar 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Tango the Bible clearly say there is only One that intercedes between us and God, Jesus.
When you ask someone to pray for you, you are asking for their intercession. When you pray for someone, you're interceding. Clearly you are clueless of the biblical meaning of Christ's intercession and the perfect harmony of Catholic teaching and the bible.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523908 Mar 24, 2014
Human nature is very self-serving.

If anyone suggested that the pope would choose to join up with the Protestants, the Catholics and Protestants know full well that that would never occur.

Yet they were and are willing and EAGER to believe that a Jewish Rabbi would leave Judaism to whore around with those that have anti-Jewish beliefs.

Despicable self-serving behavior.

And then after insulting the supposed Jew they want that same Jew to reward them in a hereafter with eternal bliss.

Unbelievable!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#523909 Mar 24, 2014
AND MORE THAT I WANTED ANOTHER PERSON TO LAY IN BETWEEN MY BRIDE AND MYSELF ON MY WEDDING NIGHT.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS EVIDENTLY WOULD BE SATISFIED SUCH A RELATIONSHIP...WITH MARY BETWEEN YOU AND JESUS...
QUESTION...ARE YOU CLAIMING TO BE THE MARY'S HUSBAND?
THE BIBLE SAYS JESUS IS THE BRIDE GROOM AND
THE CHURCH SUPPOSED TO BE THE BRIDE.
2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
THE BIBLES DOES NOT SAY HERE THAT WE ARE ESPOUSED TO A WIFE...TO MARY..
Every time you ask someone to pray for you, you establish them as a proxy. Thank God you don't speak for Him.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523910 Mar 24, 2014
HAVING A FAMILY DOES NOT SAY .....THAT MARY WAS NOT A VIRTUOUS WOMAN.
Pro 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Pro 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
Pro 31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
Pro 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
Pro 31:14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
Pro 31:15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
Pro 31:16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Pro 31:17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
Pro 31:18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
Pro 31:19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
Pro 31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
Pro 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
Pro 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
Pro 31:23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
Pro 31:24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
Pro 31:25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
Pro 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
NOTE
Pro 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
Pro 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
Pro 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
Pro 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
MARY (the mother of Jesus) WAS NOT IMMACULATELY CONCEIVED .
.NEITHER WAS SHE ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN...
and the Bible plainly proves that she was not a perpetual virgin.
The homophobic Fred Phelps died with his lies in-tact ... and I suggest you are working your way to the same ends.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523911 Mar 24, 2014
If in spirit form Jesus just happened to be listening to the Catholics and Protestant preachers ... I suggest that his spirit would be suffering from an acute case ofindigestion. Lies upon lies upon lies have been taught using that name Jesus as a stare-way to eternal bliss.

What a shame that humans are the most arrogant of all animals in existence.

I don't want religion to fill me with a silly notion that a god favors humans above other animals ... and only certain humans at that.

Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web