Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692147 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524225 Mar 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Why did the Roman Catholic church remove the second commandment from the Bible?
Why remove Exodus 20:4-6, "4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."
Roman Catholic 10 Commandments minus 1........of course. Why?
1. I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day
4. Honor your father and your mother
5. You shall not kill
6. You shall not commit adultery
7. You shall not steal
8. You shall not bear false witness
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods
Where is the second commandment found in Exodus 20:4-6, 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."
Evidently your version of "scripture" is a poor translation.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#524226 Mar 25, 2014
truth wrote:
snape as fi;she;ro is nice its from okc;ane from indie
Don't you ever go to bed? It must be 3 in the morning under there.
truth

Perth, Australia

#524227 Mar 25, 2014
then you going put music
as octagone d dure

you know 4 in stringe as ringeradja 6 oclockooooooooooo in mora;ninge
who told you that you need as mora;nje
more is a nike wrdsee from rockarsky from river morave as brave brave bravo bravo

posto vashe bravce a tako as strojobravar or shiljeze 9 mouths old half lamb half old as ram for roaste

Please don't be angry!!!

see
Follow words from people culture and alphabet you will know more who and how they reclaim god name in vain.
truth

Perth, Australia

#524228 Mar 25, 2014
octagon is geometric display over map
see secrets
now they need change map as they could
peaceful
yes and no
then nothing harm to anyone
its as game
if they setle
they will start again and again in vain
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524229 Mar 25, 2014
marge wrote:
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And no man has gone up to Heaven except he who went down from Heaven: The Son of Man - he who is in Heaven.
I like this version maybe the best, what say you Ox it proves Jesus is God as He was on earth and also in Heaven at the same time.
"Aramaic Bible in Plain English"??????????

"And as they still went on and talked, behold, chariots of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2Kings 2:11).

How do you explain the differences between your quote and mine?

No man has gone up to heaven except he who went down from Heaven, oh yes, Elijah too.

Or

Elijah and Jesus came down from Heaven and went back to Heaven, but nobody else. Just those two.

????
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524230 Mar 25, 2014
HeadbAndrew wrote:
I don't buy any of it. Why are so many things how they are in religion? Why pray? If it is God's will then why pray? Supposedly he has his own divine plan. What kind of a God would he be if anybody with a 99 cent prayer book could just pray for stuff that will fuck up his plan? A lot of inconsistencies and it's just a smart method of controlling the masses
Control the masses to do what?
truth

Perth, Australia

#524231 Mar 25, 2014
morning 6.21
i am going work
prepare my garden with salad parsley onion garlic rosemary and so on
truth

Perth, Australia

#524232 Mar 25, 2014
tangic

in beginning is word
Michael

Canada

#524233 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't come for the fat, lazy, wealthy and self-absorbed (accept to admonish them and to repent), He came for the poor, the hungry, the homeless, the uneducated, etc.
If the Church WASN'T in the poorest countries and only stayed in the wealthy ones, you'd be squealing like a stuck pig.
....people who live in poor uneducated countries who live in mud huts on the other side of the world would refer to someone who lives like you as Fat, lazy and self absorbed.

.....take a group of very poor people on a trip to Vatican city and let them get a sense first hand of what wealth can produce.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524234 Mar 25, 2014
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
I read what you said on the bible hub, Marge..the part about ascension was confusing..I'm not sure what you believe..but as,Kay just wrote...the faithful were resurrected when JESUS went to claim them..one can assume they are not still walking around..and are in heaven with Him.
He told the thief he would be with Him in Paradise that day ...God is,Father Son and Spirit ...so it's,possible the thief was the first to enter heaven of the SOULS redeemed by Christ's death ..
At the time He spoke of no one ascending they hadn't but did after Him.
Moses and Elijah WERE on the mountain however ...I'm not sure how that worked ..but hope I get to ask in light of Jesus saying ..no one had ascended..they may have come from Olam Haba.
Mysteries of Our Lord ..who is awesome

----------
Moses and Elijah WERE on the Mt. of Transfiguration with Jesus, and they were 'transfigured' with Him there.

The Bible doesn't say that the dead saints, who arose and walked about Jerusalem when Jesus ascended, went up with Him. It does say that departed saints are 'under the altar' in heaven and they were told to rest a little while longer. Apparently they were not at liberty until their fellow servants and brothers were there...and the whole church (body /bride of Christ) was complete.

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.
Rev 6:10 They cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"
Rev 6:11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

Moses and Elijah may be part of that group in verse nine.

Joh 3:13 "No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man." Paradise (the bosom of Abraham where Lazarus was) was apparently in the earth, and the righteous dead were there. It was 'in view' of hell. The rich man could see Abraham and Lazarus, and they could see him.

The New Testament tells us that 'the dead in Christ will rise first (from the grave), then we which are alive (and they) will be changed (to the glorified body) and will be 'caught up'(raptured) together to meet Him.'
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524235 Mar 25, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>
...catholics/Protestants love their church and fellow parishioners but have no clue of the dirty politics that goes on behind the scenes by its leaders.

----------
Any where you find people, you will find politics. All of it in church is not dirty. And for those who do evil, the God of all the earth is watching, and will settle with them.
truth

Perth, Australia

#524236 Mar 25, 2014
Zita=former Queen of Italy from Tirol is very rich side of Italy
nothing to do with not educated country..

still trade with woman's mothers girls is crime
where they going to be sold in very nice country
where law not exist protected them
oho ho ho santa close could you imagine that tirol as as detective word who can and who can't kill or rest..
very sad

terate doklen terate
pa tog terijaka as dog.are
Michael

Canada

#524237 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Roe v. Wade
Affirming right to abortion:
Burger - Presbyterian
Brennen- Catholic
Douglas - Presbyterian
Stewart - Episcopalian
Blackmon- Methodist
Powell - Presbyterian
Marshall - Episcopalian
Dissenting:
Renquist - Lutheran
White - Episcopalian
Looks like the protestant majority are the ones who gave this country abortion.
....Protestants are the vast majority in america. That's how the system works, majority rules. I myself am pro-life.

...,After 2,000 yearrs, catholics only make up 23% of the greatest country in the world.

....Its obvious much more work needs to be done for catholics to bring themselves up to a level playing field.

....Statistics show that more catholic woman have abortions than protestant women per every 1000 women in america, yet the roman catholic church is on their soapbox against abortion.

... Most catholic men/women practice birth control the church screams is sinful.
...Most roman catholics in america are in favor of married priests and women becoming priests.

...The majority has spoken. A church and its members at opposite ends of the spectrum, means the Catholic church and its members are out of touch with each other. That's not good!!

Peace ....&...blessings
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524238 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
That's because you don't get out much.

----------
You are the one who doesn't 'see' much. I get out a LOT, and I don't know any born-again believer that is pro-abortion (and I know a LOT of them).
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#524239 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....people who live in poor uneducated countries who live in mud huts on the other side of the world would refer to someone who lives like you as Fat, lazy and self absorbed.
.....take a group of very poor people on a trip to Vatican city and let them get a sense first hand of what wealth can produce.
That's true. While I'm neither fat nor lazy, I could do much more with the abundance of blessings Jesus has given me. I strive everyday to give more and more of my time, talent and treasure to those less fortunate.

I don't think they'd care to take a trip, I think they're just happy to have shelter, food and medicine for their families. FYI, the pope goes out at night sometimes and gives money and encouragement to the poor and homeless.
truth

Perth, Australia

#524240 Mar 25, 2014
o as dogs they say its lesi

ye ye ye
leshinari is birds huge long empty skin neck..they liked eat snake
as you see as Mexico symbol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524241 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid analogy. Adults have free will, an egg and sperm do not.
Of course it exonerates the Church, but we do it for pastoral reasons in order to bring them to repentance and to renounce their error, not as some sort of condemnation to hell as is so often the case in protestantism.
When you guys throw someone out of your community they go down the street to the next protestant community or start their own with new rules. Shameful.
~~~

NO MATTER HOW YOU WIGGLE AND SQUIRM TO DENY ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THOSE THAT WERE BROUGHT UP UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...

THE RESPONSIBILITY STILL REMAINS....

You remind me of the jurist that could not judge a criminal guilty, Because to do so ...he would bring condemnation upon himself..

So you push the person ..out of mind...out of sight...and deny their existence..
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#524242 Mar 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
The lie is that 5 Catholic justices voted to make abortion legal. It was actually protestants.

----------
Anthony has already said that, " Currently six are Catholic, three are Jewish. Confrint said 5 of them voted to allow the murder of millions of unborn babies. That's the lie."

KM:
WHERE ARE THE PROTESTANTS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?:):):) And the Jews didn't have enough votes. Who does that leave???
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#524243 Mar 25, 2014
truth wrote:
o as dogs they say its lesi
ye ye ye
leshinari is birds huge long empty skin neck..they liked eat snake
as you see as Mexico symbol
I thought you were going to work?
Michael

Canada

#524244 Mar 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people will pay all their savings to those who promise them eternal bliss.
It's an old habit and I suggest that the habit will continue on and on and on.
Once religion started ... it went into a head-spin unlike any other head-spin ever in existence ... as fantasies in all their many morphed forms ruled and still rules the minds of the people all over the world.
...I am sure many well to do or wealthy catholics will, or donate all of their personal estates to the church with the sole purpose of believing they are buying their way into heaven.

....The church will gladly accept what is offered. The church will never say, no Please donate your wealth to the SPCA..to assist out animals in need.

....You will Never hear a catholic priest/bishop say......the next 3 Sundays no one has to put any money into the collection basket because our beloved parishioner Mrs. Johnson died and left our parish $1Million.

......keep it coming!....Keep it coming!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web