Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692085 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#524184 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...catholics/Protestants love their church and fellow parishioners but have no clue of the dirty politics that goes on behind the scenes by its leaders.
They don't WANT to know the dirty stuff that goes on in their religion.

All they want is to have a "savior" love them and take them to eternal bliss in a hereafter.

That is why every ancient religion has its savior-myths intact in the mythologies and the devout believers won't let the images of eternal bliss go for any "reason" whatsoever.

They idolize their own fantasies.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#524186 Mar 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS what I personally do for the women.
I try to keep those of your ilk at bay so that you don't have the power to close the clinics where the women choose to go for their abortions.
So you fight for the right and don't necessarily do anything for the women personally?

Yeah...the world is full of folks like you. The feminist, you don't care about women, only the ones that agree with you.
Michael

Canada

#524187 Mar 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagreeing with the Church itself is one thing. Disagreeing with her dogma and doctrine is going against Jesus Christ Himself.
Example: Priestly celibacy. We can disagree with that. In fact I'm not sure I agree with it. Thats not dogma or doctrine. Its a Church discipline.
...its not a discipline, it goes against our human nature. Its a way of controlling the clergy, just like the church made up the term brides of Christ to control the lives of the nuns.

....Catholic church and its leaders preach to the followers that marriage and family is the best virtue, and building blocks to our strong morality and values, yet these very church leaders deny themselves the same virtues. Does that make common sense t you? Preach it to others, but
but practice differently themselves.

..,You can't see that?

...makes no common sense!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524188 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Every catholic parish around the world sends a percentage of their church collection basket to the Vatican. They call it Peters Pence. I call it highway robbery.
.....catholic church/vatican bank has investments all around the world, as peasants sleep in discarded cardboard boxes just on the outskirts of Vatican city.
,... Does that make sense to catholics?
Some people will pay all their savings to those who promise them eternal bliss.

It's an old habit and I suggest that the habit will continue on and on and on.

Once religion started ... it went into a head-spin unlike any other head-spin ever in existence ... as fantasies in all their many morphed forms ruled and still rules the minds of the people all over the world.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#524189 Mar 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS what I personally do for the women.
I try to keep those of your ilk at bay so that you don't have the power to close the clinics where the women choose to go for their abortions.
Studies show that a woman who has an abortion can suffer emotionally for years. How many women who have had abortions have you reached out to?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#524190 Mar 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So when Ted Kennedy died is was an excommunicated catholic?
Not that I know of. I'm also not aware that he had an abortion or assisted in giving a woman an abortion. I do know that he was visited by a priest several times during his last days and we should assume he made a sincere confession as that would have been required to receive Last Rites and absolution. He was a disgrace to the Church (as are Pelosi and Biden and other pro-abortion Catholics), in spite of the opinions of some weak bishops, but God is merciful and He gives us all an opportunity to repent before we face judgement.

My question for the OSAS protestants out there is; How do you respond to pro-abortion protestants who say they're OSAS?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524191 Mar 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you fight for the right and don't necessarily do anything for the women personally?
Yeah...the world is full of folks like you. The feminist, you don't care about women, only the ones that agree with you.
The women that don't agree with me have the right to never have abortions. As do you, I don't try to force women to obey my will, as my will is only for me to follow.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524192 Mar 25, 2014
What I find hypocritical ... are the women who go to the abortion clinics, have abortions, and then bad-mouth those in the clinics who helped them survive the abortions.

That is about as under-handed as it gets.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#524193 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
5% of roman catholics live in the best country in the world United States of America. 95% live in poor uneducated countries that are desperate for Any change in their lives. Missionaries from catholic and protestant camps fight feverishly competing head o head for each soul they convert.
....Doesn't matter what pope Francis thinks, its the followers that make up the church, and pay ALL the bills. Without the followers $$ there would be no Vatican city, or popemobile.
....The attitude of catholicism in the west is rapidly changing, and you are being left behind
Jesus didn't come for the fat, lazy, wealthy and self-absorbed (accept to admonish them and to repent), He came for the poor, the hungry, the homeless, the uneducated, etc.

If the Church WASN'T in the poorest countries and only stayed in the wealthy ones, you'd be squealing like a stuck pig.
Michael

Canada

#524194 Mar 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't WANT to know the dirty stuff that goes on in their religion.
All they want is to have a "savior" love them and take them to eternal bliss in a hereafter.
That is why every ancient religion has its savior-myths intact in the mythologies and the devout believers won't let the images of eternal bliss go for any "reason" whatsoever.
They idolize their own fantasies.
...Its all about selfishness.

...They love Jesus....because!!! promise salvation.

..... If a man named Jesus NEVER. promised eternal salvation, people wouldn't give a damn about this man Jesus, Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles and any other characters from the bible. They wouldn't care!!

....many people hate Donald Trump because!! He is arrogant.

.....Many people can't stand Donald Trump. They believe Donald Trump is arrogant and aloof, HOWEVER! if Donald Trump gave every poster on this forum a million dollars every poster would quickly change their attitude about Donald Trump. He would become the NICE Donald Trump.

......our psychy is controlled by our emotions. Our emotions are controlled by our personal selfishness.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#524195 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I know of. I'm also not aware that he had an abortion or assisted in giving a woman an abortion. I do know that he was visited by a priest several times during his last days and we should assume he made a sincere confession as that would have been required to receive Last Rites and absolution. He was a disgrace to the Church (as are Pelosi and Biden and other pro-abortion Catholics), in spite of the opinions of some weak bishops, but God is merciful and He gives us all an opportunity to repent before we face judgement.
My question for the OSAS protestants out there is; How do you respond to pro-abortion protestants who say they're OSAS?
You don't think he assisted in giving a woman an abortion...you are aware he was in Congress???

can't say, I don't know any.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#524196 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know that he was visited by a priest several times during his last days and we should assume he made a sincere confession as that would have been required to receive Last Rites and absolution.
Even at death's door your church contradicts God's Word.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

You said it would have been required to receive Last Rites and absolution....

**Teddy may be in trouble
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#524197 Mar 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think he assisted in giving a woman an abortion...you are aware he was in Congress???
can't say, I don't know any.
Although I agree with you that voting to keep abortion legal can be construed as "assisting", the Church law on automatic excommunication refers to one who actively and personally participates in procuring an abortion, i.e., drives them to the clinic, counsels them to get an abortion, etc. Again, none of us know what he confessed to the priest on his death bed. Best leave that to God's judgement.

There are a lot of "saved" protestants who are pro-abortion. If you claim the right to judge them as not really saved, why do I not also have the right to say Kennedy, Pelosi, Biden, et. al., are not really Catholic?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#524198 Mar 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even at death's door your church contradicts God's Word.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
You said it would have been required to receive Last Rites and absolution....
**Teddy may be in trouble
Umm, Last Rites include confession, anointing and the Eucharist.

If Teddy refused to confess and repent of his abortion stance, you may be right that he's in trouble.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524199 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't come for the fat, lazy, wealthy and self-absorbed (accept to admonish them and to repent), He came for the poor, the hungry, the homeless, the uneducated, etc.
If the Church WASN'T in the poorest countries and only stayed in the wealthy ones, you'd be squealing like a stuck pig.
You forgot to mention that according to the Catholic church fathers, Jesus came to rescue Catholics no matter whether rich or poor.

After all the popes all lived lives of extreme comfort ... with servants at their becks and calls and body-guards to protect them ... because they knew that there was no god protecting them.

It was all a steaming pile of bullshit.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#524200 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I agree with you that voting to keep abortion legal can be construed as "assisting", the Church law on automatic excommunication refers to one who actively and personally participates in procuring an abortion, i.e., drives them to the clinic, counsels them to get an abortion, etc. Again, none of us know what he confessed to the priest on his death bed. Best leave that to God's judgement.
There are a lot of "saved" protestants who are pro-abortion. If you claim the right to judge them as not really saved, why do I not also have the right to say Kennedy, Pelosi, Biden, et. al., are not really Catholic?
You can but we both know Teddy was a huge catholic.

If he was not a catholic, then why was his funeral at a catholic church and done by a catholic priests? Is that normal operation for non-catholics?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#524201 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...If the Walton's are simple, and know stupid, why do you watch them?
I never said they were simple, why are you lying? is that your catholic upbringing coming thru?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#524202 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know a single born-again who is pro-abortion.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524203 Mar 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Its all about selfishness.
...They love Jesus....because!!! promise salvation.
..... If a man named Jesus NEVER. promised eternal salvation, people wouldn't give a damn about this man Jesus, Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles and any other characters from the bible. They wouldn't care!!
....many people hate Donald Trump because!! He is arrogant.
.....Many people can't stand Donald Trump. They believe Donald Trump is arrogant and aloof, HOWEVER! if Donald Trump gave every poster on this forum a million dollars every poster would quickly change their attitude about Donald Trump. He would become the NICE Donald Trump.
......our psychy is controlled by our emotions. Our emotions are controlled by our personal selfishness.
I agree that whether in or out of religion human nature is based on selfishness, because we are a simple-minded form of animal that has the urge to survive.

But humans are the only animals that (because of religion) expect and demand to live eternally ... and THAT attitude of entitlement is based on "extreme" selfishness.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#524204 Mar 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, Last Rites include confession, anointing and the Eucharist.
If Teddy refused to confess and repent of his abortion stance, you may be right that he's in trouble.
Why is it that you always perceive others are in trouble with "God" and you are RIGHT(eous) with "God???"

Can't you ever see that you USE your own religion on which you base your own arrogance???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web