Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650726 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524004 Mar 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words attest to you being a liar.....you profess to have Scripture that contradicts the following...you cannot produce same...all you have is hot air...
I repeat:
You are a liar.....your words prove it...
If you have Scripture that teaches the opposite of:
Exodus 20:4, "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"
Deuteronomy 29:17, "And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:)" show them...
If you read Scripture for understanding instead of taking it out of context in order to bend the Word of God to your own beliefs you will find that these passages, taken in context, command us to not make and worship false gods. Even in Jesus' time the Temple in Jerusalem had images carved into its walls and pictures and statues inside. Read all of Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 29 and you will see what I mean.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524005 Mar 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Da Catliks worship Mary...pure and simple....Da pope he worship her..he do pray to her...
And:
An old Marian hymn entitled Regina Coeli, one of the four seasonal Marian antiphons of the so called “Blessed Virgin Mary”, sung or recited in place of the Angelus during the Easter season, from Holy Saturday through Pentecost Sunday. The Latin word coelum means “heaven”(whence the English word celestial), and Regina means “queen”. Yes! Regina Coeli, which is a song for Mary, literally means “Queen of Heaven” because the Catholic Church, by the encyclical letter Ad Caeli Reginam of Pius XII, defined Mary to be the Queen of Heaven. The Catholic Saint Germanus praised her by saying,“Your honor and dignity surpass the whole of creation; your greatness places you above the angels.” But no matter how high they uplift her name, no matter how majestic are the titles they have attributed to her or how solemn is their devotion to honor her, there is no single biblical statement that supports the Catholics veneration of Mary, neither she was called “queen”. The only biblical account that specifies the state of Mary aside from being the mother of Christ in the flesh was the statement uttered by Mary herself.
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.(Luke 1:38)
Mary never claimed any dignified or honorable position during Christ ministry, but with meekness, she admitted her humble state in the sight of God – a slave, a bondmaid. She was never called a queen, much more “the queen of heaven”, a title that provokes the wrath of God since the time of the Old Covenant, when pagan nations and the apostatized Israel are gathering woods to make offerings for her.
“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead [their] dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.”(Jer 7:18)
If you were familiar with Scripture you would also remember this prophecy by Mary: "All generations shall call me blessed."
truth

Perth, Australia

#524006 Mar 24, 2014
Even if you touch any man woman child animals its going scriming voice.

see God angels which reserve for last days
''vrisak ti je
iz kamena niko
na kapljicu krvi sviko''

vrisak=scriming as trumpet angel

see vrisak=medical herbs
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#524007 Mar 24, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
No I am not...
I am being obedient to the word of God....and GOD HAS NO PROXY..
Jas_5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Right. Intercessory prayers are biblical. Why then do you contradict yourself?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524008 Mar 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Those temples were full of Pharisee's at that time.
Jesus also spent time in the Temple in spite of the fact that it contained "carved images". He chased the money changers out but not the image carvers. If "carved images" meant the same thing as "graven images" I can't help but think He would have done something different.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524009 Mar 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
ITB..
We have to realize that Mary, like us, is also a sinful person and she herself needs a Savior. Mary said; “My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.”(Luke 1:46,47) Mary needs a Saviour, this implies that she is also sinful like. She can not save her own soul or the other’s? The doctrine of the Immaculate Conception and the belief that Mary saves sinners is a blasphemous lie that even Mary would detest it if she only knows how her name linked to this abominable teachings. The Catholic Church believes that Mary was taken to heaven and assumed a great honor and dignity at the court of the Most High. Hence, they regarded her as the “Mediatrix”, an advocate, a lady intercessor, a priestess for the sins of the people, which is a very terrible denial of the gospel.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (I Timothy 2:5)
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
truth

Perth, Australia

#524010 Mar 24, 2014
god created you
with smell that you can tested and many diference sense
that you can diveded what is good or very bad things

more pray
i fill notworthy even in my house if your members sit with alcoholic drugers and so on..seee

is that wrong
yes avoid if you copuld

What jesus say be toward them too ..poor and sick Jesus been with them too many people diploma except life too today..
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

see
what deference that you are not ggod
you can't produce any sort of miracle less any things as Jesus Christ do when he walking trough earth.

Sense for that you need know between good and very bad or lustfull things.

Every spirit is not holy.

-its exist organization which try ruin every person and family too.

Who they are
They want oppose everything and everyone who ever say for so what?

Are they are with great evildoers lustful works.

yeeeeeeeeeeeee

Whats written about them.

Angel of god will push them too toward death complete..

see
Why they don't liked holy scripture explanation.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#524011 Mar 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if you were twice as smart as you are now, You still would be an idiot.
I see you've given up preaching and regressed into a name calling insult artist. You should spend your time in quiet prayer and reflection. Blessings.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524012 Mar 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Da pope he be worship Mary...
Salvation In Mary & The Rosary!
Embroidered inside all of Pope John Paul’s robes was the phrase,“Totus tuus sum Maria,” which means,“Mary, I am all yours.” The Catholic Rosary concludes:
“HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!”
Christ taught: When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, and the Catholics said "Bull corn....da pope he said pray to Mary"....
I don't think you understand the difference between worship and prayer.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#524013 Mar 24, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Mary intercede in the prayers of Christians? No, she does not. This intercession also belongs to Jesus. When teaching His disciples to pray to the Father (Matthew 6:9), Jesus did not teach them to pray to (or through) Mary. And yet, Catholicism created a prayer—the “Hail Mary”—to include the words “Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death.” In John 14:13-14, Jesus declared:“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it”(cf. John 16:24). Jesus is the only One Who can mediate or intercede in our prayers, since “[a]ll things that the Father has are [His]”(John 16:15). If all things that the Father has are the Son’s, then what is left for Mary?

The prerogative of intercession supposedly given to Mary also is argued from the fact that she “interceded” before Jesus on behalf of a family at a wedding in Cana because the wine was running out during the celebration (John 2:2-3). This simple, solitary, tiny thread of argumentation, lost in a loom of confusion, has been misused extensively by the supporters of Marianism. By going to Jesus with a request for help, Mary was not intervening on behalf of anyone’s spiritual needs; she only reported the situation to Jesus. Moreover, consider Jesus’ response:“Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me?”(John 2:4). With these words, He emphasized that Mary’s concerns did not dictate His actions. Whatever He did in Cana that day would be according to God’s will, not because of human or motherly influences or desires.
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't account for Mary's occasional appearances to the faithful during which she asked for our prayers to her and promised to intercede on our behalf. I figure that if God allows Mary to appear on earth and ask us to pray the rosary there must be something in it.
By the way, you didn't provide any attributes for your cut and paste job. Where did you get it?
Tango Bravo said, quote, "You don't account for Mary's occasional appearances to the faithful during which she asked for our prayers to her and promised to intercede on our behalf. I figure that if God allows Mary to appear on earth and ask us to pray the rosary there must be something in it." End quote.

Does the Bible tell us Mary, after her death, occasionally appeared to the faithful. Now Tango Bravo, are you speaking the truth or are we back to your imagination again?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#524014 Mar 24, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Tango Bravo"]<quoted text>
Moses is a born-again Christian?
----------
The Old and New Testaments are somewhat different in delivery and description, the cross of Jesus covers all of time and all who will look to it. Scripture says that the Messiah was prophesied all through the Bible, and He was the hope of Israel, though they didn't recognize Him when He came.
We are told that Jesus was the "Lamb slain FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD."
God spoke 'face to face' with Moses.Num 11:16
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Gather for me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people and officers over them, and bring them to the tent of meeting, and let them take their stand there with you.
Num 11:17 And I will come down and talk with you there. And I will take some of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them, and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, so that you may not bear it yourself alone.
Num 11:23 And the LORD said to Moses, "Is the LORD's hand shortened? Now you shall see whether my word will come true for you or not."
Num 11:24 So Moses went out and told the people the words of the LORD. And he gathered seventy men of the elders of the people and placed them around the tent.
Num 11:25 Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke to him, and took some of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. And as soon as the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied.
God recognized them as "My people", and made provision to forgive their sin. He said at one point that,'My Spirit is ON you, but it shall be IN you (Acts 2)'. Israel is called "The CHURCH In The Wilderness."
The writer of Ephesians says that 'He has made of the twain (Jew and Gentile) ONE new man.'
The Jews BELIEVE in the promised Messiah. That is the requirement for salvation. Scripture promises that God will not forget them. They and we will be caught up together to meet Him in Whom we all believe.
Moses is a born-again Christian?

Tell us please the requirements to be considered to be born-again?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#524015 Mar 24, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read Scripture for understanding instead of taking it out of context in order to bend the Word of God to your own beliefs you will find that these passages, taken in context, command us to not make and worship false gods. Even in Jesus' time the Temple in Jerusalem had images carved into its walls and pictures and statues inside. Read all of Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 29 and you will see what I mean.
I see you are not contesting my words:

Your words attest to you being a liar.....you profess to have Scripture that contradicts the following...you cannot produce same...all you have is hot air...

I repeat:
You are a liar.....your words prove it...
If you have Scripture that teaches the opposite of:
Exodus 20:4, "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"
Deuteronomy 29:17, "And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:)" show them...

Location hidden

#524016 Mar 24, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand the difference between worship and prayer.
I see you are not contesting the truth in my post....

Da pope he be worship Mary...

Salvation In Mary & The Rosary!
Embroidered inside all of Pope John Paul’s robes was the phrase,“Totus tuus sum Maria,” which means,“Mary, I am all yours.” The Catholic Rosary concludes:
“HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!”

Christ taught: When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, and the Catholics said "Bull corn....da pope he said pray to Mary"....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524017 Mar 24, 2014
i HAVE NEVER AID THAT GOD DON'T LOVE .YOU..

He don't love me one iota more than He Loves You..

The ground is level at the foot of the Cross..

and He says...to all...NO MATTER YOUR STATUS IN LIFE....

Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

TO BE CARNALLY MINDED IS DEATH BUT TO BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED IS LIFE AND PEACE...

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SIN....SIN AUGHT TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU

JESUS CHRIST CLEANSES US FROM ALL SIN WHEN WE ASK HIM.....
AND REMEMBERS THEM AGAINST US NO MORE...

Location hidden

#524018 Mar 24, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
I see you are not denying the truth with your prattle..

ITB..
We have to realize that Mary, like us, is also a sinful person and she herself needs a Savior. Mary said; “My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.”(Luke 1:46,47) Mary needs a Saviour, this implies that she is also sinful like. She can not save her own soul or the other’s? The doctrine of the Immaculate Conception and the belief that Mary saves sinners is a blasphemous lie that even Mary would detest it if she only knows how her name linked to this abominable teachings. The Catholic Church believes that Mary was taken to heaven and assumed a great honor and dignity at the court of the Most High. Hence, they regarded her as the “Mediatrix”, an advocate, a lady intercessor, a priestess for the sins of the people, which is a very terrible denial of the gospel.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (I Timothy 2:5)

Location hidden

#524019 Mar 24, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were familiar with Scripture you would also remember this prophecy by Mary: "All generations shall call me blessed."
I see you not denying the truth in my post....

Da Catliks worship Mary...pure and simple....Da pope he worship her..he do pray to her...
And:
An old Marian hymn entitled Regina Coeli, one of the four seasonal Marian antiphons of the so called “Blessed Virgin Mary”, sung or recited in place of the Angelus during the Easter season, from Holy Saturday through Pentecost Sunday. The Latin word coelum means “heaven”(whence the English word celestial), and Regina means “queen”. Yes! Regina Coeli, which is a song for Mary, literally means “Queen of Heaven” because the Catholic Church, by the encyclical letter Ad Caeli Reginam of Pius XII, defined Mary to be the Queen of Heaven. The Catholic Saint Germanus praised her by saying,“Your honor and dignity surpass the whole of creation; your greatness places you above the angels.” But no matter how high they uplift her name, no matter how majestic are the titles they have attributed to her or how solemn is their devotion to honor her, there is no single biblical statement that supports the Catholics veneration of Mary, neither she was called “queen”. The only biblical account that specifies the state of Mary aside from being the mother of Christ in the flesh was the statement uttered by Mary herself.
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.(Luke 1:38)
Mary never claimed any dignified or honorable position during Christ ministry, but with meekness, she admitted her humble state in the sight of God – a slave, a bondmaid. She was never called a queen, much more “the queen of heaven”, a title that provokes the wrath of God since the time of the Old Covenant, when pagan nations and the apostatized Israel are gathering woods to make offerings for her.
“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead [their] dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.”(Jer 7:18)

Location hidden

#524021 Mar 24, 2014
Duck sucker!!!!! The evidence is undeniable...... Answer the question and the truth will be revealed!!!!.

The “early bird that got the worm” is the truth that not once does the apostle Peter, who is alleged to be the first pope, mention Mary in any of his biblical letters. Nor is there any record in any of the other letters, such as Acts of the Apostles, that Peter ever referred to Mary. Not only did he not mention her, directly or indirectly, but zero nothing is said by any apostle about the need to venerate or worship her. This fact speaks volumes against the Catholic’s view of Mary.
Why? Why did Peter fail to mention the “Virgin Mary”? Surely if all popes worshipped Mary and leaned on her for salvation, and they have, as the evidence will show, and if Peter was the first pope, why does he not praise and adore Mary in the same vein as other popes?

The question demands an answer.
Indeed "why"????? Hello!!!!!

Location hidden

#524022 Mar 24, 2014
Ah love it!!!! The truth!!!! Da pope he do be worship Mary....it say so....

The Late Pope John Paul II Worshipped Mary
& Relied On Her For Salvation

If the pope is the role model and instructor and guide for Catholics, and he is, and if they are striving to follow in his footsteps, and they are, they give the same level of reverence to Mary as their “Supreme Pontiff.” It is a documented fact that the late Pope John Paul II relied more on Mary for salvation than on Jesus.

Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima. He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:
“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”

He continued:
“O Blessed Rosary of Mary, sweet chain which unites us to God... tower of salvation against the assaults of Hell, safe port in our universal shipwreck, we will never abandon you. You will be our comfort in the hour of death; yours our final kiss as life ebbs away. And the last word from our lips will be your sweet name, O Queen of the Rosary of Pompei, O dearest Mother, O Refuge of Sinners, O Sovereign Consoler of the Afflicted….”

Worship of the highest degree!!!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#524023 Mar 24, 2014
IF YOU ARE A REAL Christian ...GOD'S WILL will be done through you HERE on earth as it is done in heaven..

IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU PRAY..

Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come

Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT God's will to be done...if you yourself do not intend to cooperate with God and do His will

His will is clearly given in His word..
truth

Perth, Australia

#524024 Mar 24, 2014
Dear God thy will be done.
Who can have ear can hear?
Every spirit is not holy.
Now reflexology.

-as sense as reflex
structure ear
see
tools as harvesting

see who do that as evil things
see small fingers
see dance culture small finger
to wicket one
''don't exalt your horn''=see what holy scripture say
where in
psalm 75;4.5=''do not exalt horn'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web