Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589570 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#523208 Mar 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
She has,also thought I'm several others...don't feel alone,..
Other posters,too ....
I can't even list all her names,Just this,past year ...maybe that's,why????
Hey...how about if you get All of you's and I will get all of me and we can have a Tupperware party...lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#523209 Mar 20, 2014
Where symbol stay on hat?

On front or back or side way.

Which symbol represent what?

Did you know that put on map as well in every day life as past today and future?

Did you see your father or mother or tradition or culture with hat or similar over head?

Did you know what represent that?
Some pattern key or simply fashion as beauty!

-yes you are nice
-yes you are so nice
-yes you are perfectly nice

You can describe many things with that.

What can you say or describe with be bless who is poor?

How you eat as hlopanje as labanje as mljackanje mljac mljac mljac?
Did you ever speak when you eat?
mljac mljac mljac you know you know this or that..mljac mljac mljac
you know this or that you know this or that..mljac mljac mljac..

see
3x deference eating culture
posada as knife spoon and so on
as sticks
as hands as fingers

How you going find that on map as tribe as nations as people
where they lived?
see
Be bless who is poor!!!
Who it with fingers?
Why they eat like that?
Is they are rich or poor or looks poor if they eat with fingers?

be bless who is poor
be bless your womb=underground what they have there
Are you for sure for poor for ever never?

seeeeeee

think never wink

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#523210 Mar 20, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
He picked up a Bible and decided all by himself that God hated gays , and he preached that for decades , brainwashed everyone around him he could, dismissed heartlessly those who had some compassion ....
How could he get it all so wrong? Jesus taught love. Not hate. Oops, another renegade welding the Bible as a 10 yr old might handle a machine gun .
I can't imagine what might inspire such a person, in their final seconds, after decades of spewing hate to finally admit their sin and step down Nd admit that God is God and not themselves.
Dan??

Anyway hatred is,a,sickness...not confined to any one,religion...how,many Christians,of all denominations,were either in or sympathetic to the,Klan ....

Or have been openly Anti Semitic over the centuries....
But SAY they love Jesus,....

Are,Catholic but for abortion...

3000 dead,in one,day in the,so called n a me,of their God .

In Phelps,case,it s sounds,like,a,personal thing...that affected,every corner of his,brain..

He,did not represent any real FAITH.. in our Saviuir

Nor any of Jesus teaching ..

Less,openly rabid..politicians,who fight tooth and nail FOR abortion ...but go to church ..

VERY SAD,commentary ....And none of it or them following Christ imo ...

Peace,

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#523211 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Post of the day.
Tanks...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#523212 Mar 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Hey...how about if you get All of you's and I will get all of me and we can have a Tupperware party...lol
I buy the cheap stuff ...lol because km a always,losing the lids!!!!

So many containers.....no tops

Lol

But a party s sounds,good,...all those,name tags,to print ...big job :)

Location hidden

#523214 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for seeing Mary in a positive realistic light. Although her relationship with Joseph was not an ordinary spousal relationship. She was set aside for a singular purpose. Jesus was not one of many of her children. Her womb was consecrated (set aside) for Jesus' Incarnation and was not to be used for every day ordinary purposes. Just like the Ark of the Covenant (OT) was not to have every day ordinary items placed in it.
Horse pudding!!!!

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

It don't say the exact day/hour/second...but Joseph and Mary lived like any other married couple...they had kids.....you want to know their names????

Location hidden

#523215 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up, Oxbow. I'm the one who brought up Job.
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?
You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.
When you can use intelligence instead of senseless sarcasm...get back to me..
I can only show you to truth...I can't make you accept nor believe it. When you can post words that have any meaning...on the subject of Job 4:1 and Job 4:4......get back to me...

Location hidden

#523216 Mar 20, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary had the same spousal relationship with Joseph as any other couple who have consummated their marriage. The Bible tells us Joseph did not have sex with Mary until she had given birth to Jesus. After Jesus birth Mary and Joseph had sexual relations and as a result they had other children.
Where can I find a Bible verse that calls the womb of Mary "consecrated"? The Bible never says Mary was set aside for a singular purpose. Mary was no ark of anything. Mary was just an ordinary woman used by God as an instrument to accomplish His will.
Have you ever heard of King Darius. King Darius was a pagan king used by God. He released Nehemiah to go home and rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. He also provided the money and resources for Nehemiah to rebuild the walls. My point is this. God uses all kinds of people to accomplish His will. Should we glorify King Darius for his part in rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem? If not, why then glorify Mary for what God did in and through her? Mary was nothing more than a willing vessel used by God to accomplish His will. Mary was not great. It was Mary's God who was great.
Gospel truth....amen!!!! She said she was God's handmaiden...For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#523217 Mar 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants don't come onto this forum to be converted to Jesus Christs (historically and biblically proven) One True Catholic Church Church.------They are here for (one purpose and one purpose ONLY)..-----To hostily attack, aggressively rip, and verbally condemn the personal faith and salvation of any and all Catholics----especially Jesus Christ Himself and The Catholic Church ----the One True Church that He formed, initiated and established over 2000 years ago. The fact is---that bible only Protestantism.(CANNOT) exist on its own doctrine of belief without "slamming and verbally attacking over 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. All ANYONE has to do is read the Protestant comments since this forum began, the lies, the distortions, the heretical comments and the twisting and manipulation of Sacred Scripture and TRUTH of TRUE Church History which (clearly) proves my point!!!!!!!
Ya everyone knows....and YOU are just here trying to get your keyboerd unstuck----or trying to learn how to type properly---or maybe even both...
in any case it is comical to watch you try to even build a paragraph without difficulty.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#523218 Mar 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I buy the cheap stuff ...lol because km a always,losing the lids!!!!
So many containers.....no tops
Lol
But a party s sounds,good,...all those,name tags,to print ...big job :)
LOL and think of the fun we'll have winning all the prizes to all the games ourself.. No competition..lol

Location hidden

#523219 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up, Oxbow. It isn't my unwillingness to accept your heretical retranslation of Scripture from English to Greek to heretical English that we're talking about here. You claim that a picture of the Pope kneeling in prayer in front of a statue or picture is proof that the Pope is worshiping a false idol instead of proof that the Pope is kneeling in front of a picture or statue while he prays to the one, true God.
Just answer the questions I pose below.
An idol is an object of worship, as though it were a god.
A picture is a picture.
A statue is a statue.
Kneeling in front of a picture or a statue while you pray to the one, true God is not anywhere near the same thing as worshiping a false idol.
Do you ever kneel while praying? Will you agree that everything in front of you is the false god you're praying to?
When you have answers to my questions get back to me.
We already know, from your other postings, you are stupid...

You deny the definition of words by the English dictionary and use your gibberish instead...

When you can make any sport of sense, on any subject, get back to me..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#523220 Mar 20, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Well obviously you are feeling badly. Truly I can feel that. There is the human tendency to create god rather than get to know God as He is. And I used to think of God as a bigger more abusive version of my big and abusive dad, but that not how He really is. God is beyond our wildest hopes and love us to infinity, but that doesn't mean life not be challenging.
I can't see >your< deity in that light at all, given it's depiction in the book...and if you wish to argue that, then I have to posit that one of you is blatantly lying.

Location hidden

#523221 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're falling further and further and further behind, Oxbow, aka ITB.
I never claimed to be fluent in Koine Greek. I'm not interested in Koine Greek. Attempting to make meaningful translations from English into an alternate language when you aren't fluent in the alternate language is a waste of time at best.
During the time of Jesus the most important languages in Jerusalem would have been Aramaic, Hebrew, and Latin. Greek would have been known, but of lesser importance. Graves of women who died with an unborn child were marked using the word for "Firstborn". In any case, the language used would have been secondary to the locally accepted meaning of the word at the time.
During the time of Jesus "Firstborn" referred to legal/social standing.
In the time of Jesus the word we translate as "firstborn" was used not only to describe the son born before other sons but also used to describe a child who died because its mother died while the child was still in the womb.
When you can prove my info as being incorrect...get back to me....
Thanks again for proving me correct!!!!

You are a liar.....you have no idea which Koine Greek word was used to translate to the English word firstborn, nor its definition...which is definitely not: "legal/social standing" nor is it "a child who died because its mother died while the child was still in the womb."

So then....you are a known stupid Catlik that is a liar...

Location hidden

#523222 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxie, stop pretending you were offended. You were glad you were recognized.
There is no offense....there is appreciation in my words:

Appreciate you proving the truth in my words...
Typical of an adult with the mind of an infant....can't refute the truth...can't accept it..bad-mouth the poster...grunt some idiotic sounds...

Location hidden

#523223 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true that I am thoroughly unfamiliar with Koine Greek. It's also true that I trust the English translations of the Bibles that I use, and have no need to translate the English into Greek, skipping Latin in the process, so that I can translate it back into English with a meaning that is different than the meaning provided by the experts who translated the Bible into English from Latin in the first place. You evidently find it necessary to change the expert English translation you already have before you will accept the Bible. Why is that? Evidently you just don't trust Scripture at all.
I repeat:

You are too kind!!!! You continually prove my words to be 100% true and correct...

The stupidity you exhibit is outstanding!!!!!

Show us the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in that verse......

You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...

BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!

Location hidden

#523224 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought up Job. I never said you did.
I didn't say that Mary is judged to be sinless because the Bible doesn't say "Mary is a sinner". You're putting words in my mouth. You're the Bible-only extremist here and I'm just pointing out that there is no Scripture that says "Mary is a sinner".
In fact, however, the Bible does say that Mary was sinless.
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
When you can prove my info is wrong get back to me.
I can't make you accept the truth....go eat your favorite fruit....school your daughters to follow your footsteps...

Location hidden

#523225 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did human Mary give birth to Jesus? Or not? If so, are u saying that Jesus was/is unclean?
You have the incurable....stupidity....

The message is: No human parents, none, not any, being unclean, can give birth to a clean child.

Did Jesus have two human parents?????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#523227 Mar 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> LOL and think of the fun we'll have winning all the prizes to all the games ourself.. No competition..lol
Like the,Nanny episode ...lol.She wrapped the best gift in tin foil so she could pick it out of grab bag ...loved that show....modern Lucy .....I hated her newer show,.....not funny

Oh well ..we can do our hair different colors,for all of us...and paint nails,..!!!

Location hidden

#523228 Mar 20, 2014
oops...again...sport is sort..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#523229 Mar 20, 2014
Mary as an "ark"

the first ark had people and animals, mary can fit the first example.

the second ark had stones, manna, and a staff, mary had none of these.

conclusion; this is as we already know, a man made idea, not Biblically accurate.

the first ark; God closed the door, therefore Mary could have had no children whatsoever.

the second ark; was carried everywhere it went, only before the Birth, do we find evidence that she might have been carried by a beast of burden, no comparison that she fits into that category.

there are three ways to read and/or understand the Bible.

First literal. mary fits neither description of an ark, both of the arks in the Bible were made by human hands, Mary wasn't.

second Figurative. the first ark saved people and animals, no evidence that mary ever saved one person or animal.

third spiritual. there is only One Mediator between man and God. and that is Jesus.

using all three indicators we find and realize that only the foolishness of catholicism uses her in the mode of an ark.

PS<God gave me this a few minutes ago while I was in bed and I had to get up to put it on this forum as a rebuttal to the lies of catholicism

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 14 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition Sat Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web