Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636820 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#523533 Mar 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a bit surprised.... I knew you were a fanatic, but I didn't think you were one of those Bible prophecy secret hidden code fanatics.
this is to be expected when our sacred scriptures get into the wrong hands.. Men with itching ears think have become prophets...wait are you a prophet or an Apostle? I can't remember. Didn't u say you communicated verbally with God? I don't bring that up to tease...its just helpful to know where exactly you are coming from.
read ALL OF THAT LINK AND LEARN SOMETHING AND QUIT BEING SO STUPID.

if I had made such a stupid statement as auggie made, you would have laughed me off of this forum. there is a time for a Spiritual look at Scripture, but Ez. was plain that it was for a future time when the Messiah would reenter that gate, however auggie took the place of satan and tried to change the meaning of His Word. why is that hard for you to accept?

why is it that the jewish rabbis knew what was meant, but one of your clergy didn't? the answer is obvious, he was led by satan to try to introduce false theology and doctrine., while I am telling you the truth.

Location hidden

#523534 Mar 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a bit surprised.... I knew you were a fanatic, but I didn't think you were one of those Bible prophecy secret hidden code fanatics.
this is to be expected when our sacred scriptures get into the wrong hands.. Men with itching ears think have become prophets...wait are you a prophet or an Apostle? I can't remember. Didn't u say you communicated verbally with God? I don't bring that up to tease...its just helpful to know where exactly you are coming from.
your first pope(lol) says this.Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

so why would you listen to this charlatan yet mock me for being truthful?

Location hidden

#523535 Mar 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
so when your grandpa got back from heaven, after conversing with God and the apostles, he didn't properly explain to you what the Bible is? He just said, "go on naw boy, your job is to figure out the code in them there Bible verses"
you are pathetic clay, just pathetic. mock someone who is telling you the Truth.

what code was auggie reading when I tried to type the closing of the gate as being a type of mary womb?

Location hidden

#523536 Mar 21, 2014
sorry, meant he, not I.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#523537 Mar 21, 2014
truth wrote:
so what if trough evildoers knowledge increased
see angels of death going pushing them as wind
see
how many identical structure box in buildings exist some
in your evildoers knowledge
oh interrupting intercepting going increase too
nooooooooo
its in vain
evil serve evil
criminals drug dillers become holy according evildoers
see
smooth soilky evil skin
going to be fast blast light
evil serve evil they going to be ghost evils
see opens wounds
they liked died but cant
ghostly opens wounds
see ''light''
poor evildoers knowledge
'So later after the wine,we could take a moonlite walk on the beach maybe?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#523538 Mar 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
ITB,
How very bizarre of you to suggest, as part of your argument suggesting that Mary is a sinner, that I am a homosexual. I don't think I see a connection.
You can twist, turn, translate English into Koine Greek and back into English again, and deny all you want. You can't hide from Scripture.
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
ITB....The Bible says, and I repeat it....Mary was/is a sinner...

Your mind is in the gutter....homosexual is not in my post....there is no connection...what are you referring to that I said????!!!

Firstborn: Koine Greek prototokos, first-born (usually as noun, literally or figuratively):--firstbegotten( -born).

Firstbegotten:
This Greek word is translated in two passages in the King James Version by "first-begotten" (Hebrews 1:6 Revelation 1:5), but in all other places in the King James Version, and always in the Revised Version (British and American), by "firstborn." It is used in its natural literal sense of Jesus Christ as Mary's firstborn (Luke 2:7 Matthew 1:25 the King James Version); it also bears the literal sense of Jesus Christ as Mary's firstborn (Luke 2:7 Matthew 1:25 the King James Version); it also bears the literal sense of the firstborn of the firstborn of men and animals (Hebrews 11:28). It is not used in the New Testament or Septuagint of an only child, which is expressed by monogenes.

Worth repeating....It is not used in the New Testament or Septuagint of an only child, which is expressed by monogenes.

Monogenes - New Testament Greek Lexicon - New American ...
Definition. single of its kind, only. used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents); used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God.

Firstborn: Born first (there is no born first if there is only one child)....eldest child (there is no eldest child if there is only one child)....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#523539 Mar 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
ITB, aka Oxbow,
The meaningless drivel I'm referring to is yours; not Scripture.
What has all this meaningless drivel got to do with your claim that the Pope prays to idols?
Try to keep up. It isn't my unwillingness to accept your heretical retranslation of Scripture from English to Greek to heretical English that we're talking about here. You claim that a picture of the Pope kneeling in prayer in front of a statue or picture is proof that the Pope is worshiping a false idol instead of proof that the Pope is kneeling in front of a picture or statue while he prays to the one, true God.
Just answer the questions I pose below.
An idol is an object of worship, as though it were a god.
A picture is a picture.
A statue is a statue.
Kneeling in front of a picture or a statue while you pray to the one, true God is not anywhere near the same thing as worshiping a false idol.
Do you ever kneel while praying? Will you agree that everything in front of you is the false god you're praying to?
When you have answers to my questions get back to me. In the mean time I take your unwillingness even to attempt an answer as prime evidence that you either know the Pope doesn't worship false gods or you pray to false idols yourself. Who can be surprised by heresy from a self-confessed heretic like yourself.
No drivel...

I offered you, if I still have it, info that shows the pope kneeling and praying before an idol of Mary...you passed...because it will add proof that you are a liar...

I offered you a site, if I still have it, that shows several Catliks praying to an idol of Mary...you passed...it would reaffirm that you are a liar..
marge

Ames, IA

#523540 Mar 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Some,folks,still believe this....the elect??
It's,confusing as we are,thought to spread HIS,WORD to all ...obviously GOD knows who will or will not believe ....but that not all COULD be,????
Jesus,preached to all...obviously some who heard Him walked away...some were there to kill Him..discredit Him....but HE,PREACHED TO ALL.
We preach to all but know some won't believe at that time but plant seeds hoping and praying.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#523541 Mar 21, 2014
[who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
How did he feel about man evolving from other biological beings?? Just curious ...as this,is,the new,Catholic belief that I KNOW was not taught me.....

----------
I don[t know that one. I just wanted to point out that he regarded scripture as infallible. It isn't
so regarded on here.
marge

Ames, IA

#523542 Mar 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
so when your grandpa got back from heaven, after conversing with God and the apostles, he didn't properly explain to you what the Bible is? He just said, "go on naw boy, your job is to figure out the code in them there Bible verses"
God Himself leads us to Truth is what he's saying, if you claim a church or someone else does then your in evil company.

We only listen to God alone and one can only do that through JESUS.

You must believe in HIM. Blessings Liam

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#523543 Mar 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Imprimatur as well!
Thanks, RoSesz.
The way I read the information in the link the CC admits to a variety of possibilities, but takes no specific position on creation and evolution other than refusing the atheistic view. They seem to be saying that God created the universe and everything in it. How He did it is left to science.
It was Flat Liam told me the CC believes,in evolution.

I for one believe God said let there be man...etc...nothing about being evolved from other biological forms...no big bang for light ..earth etc except His voice ...
That the CC allows these theories when it never used to ..We'll I disagree

And thanks,for acknowledging my source ...I TRY to find acceptable sources ...And actually thought Clay was wrong ...who knew,...

Jesus said it is,written ..IT IS,....God told us,what He told us,through Moses and the prophets...and unlike prophecy this,was pretty clear....He even told us as many do not know...

During the flood not only did it rain but the fountains,within the earth erupted....SUCH A HUGE DETAIL ..and what a,mess for all those analyzing the layers of the earth .....kind of like a big I inside out upheaval
And for what it's,worth most of Noahs,descendants,retained some form of the flood in their history though attributing it to other gods

...He told us,what HE did ...but man in his,arrogance keeps,trying to prove Him wrong...or its,only allegorical...
Why tell us???

We believe He,is,omnipotent and capable of say let there be......And IT CAME into being ...as,HE SAID ..or we bow,to science theories...FAITH ..in Him or ourselves and our Limited knowledge ..

I choose Faith ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#523544 Mar 21, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We preach to all but know some won't believe at that time but plant seeds hoping and praying.
Exactly ...we can pray they take root..nothing more ...
But the Holy Spirit works,wonders,in the most wonderful ways...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#523545 Mar 21, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
How did he feel about man evolving from other biological beings?? Just curious ...as this,is,the new,Catholic belief that I KNOW was not taught me.....
----------
I don[t know that one. I just wanted to point out that he regarded scripture as infallible. It isn't
so regarded on here.
I was curious as,it seems,the teaching on man at least have changed or as tanto said allowed for theories....

I believe He,told us,what He wants,us,to know ....and its,not fiction or allegory ...a lot is actual history ...and the inspired word of God to His,people ....about what He wanted us to know
marge

Ames, IA

#523546 Mar 21, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
so regarded on here.
Hey dear sister I've been wondering about something you said about me to preston,'marge was right this time'.

Could you please always tell me why you think I'm wrong for possible edifing, Love marge.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#523547 Mar 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,well. I am quite flatterd that you have been asking about my welfare.If must pry.I shall be away for a short time as the recent developments in the Russian annexation of Crimea has called me out of retirement in a small advisery role I'm not at liberty to discuss.
I shall return as always.:)
Ah...yea...good luck with that June.

Location hidden

#523549 Mar 21, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
so regarded on here.
auggie had several ideas that don't align up with Scripture, including predestination among others.

Location hidden

#523550 Mar 21, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dear sister I've been wondering about something you said about me to preston,'marge was right this time'.
Could you please always tell me why you think I'm wrong for possible edifing, Love marge.
I was not disagreeing with you about 90% of the people on here are satanic, but you certainly are with your attitude of acting like you are better than everyone else.in fact, Iremember you saying that GIF and myself were taught by satan since we don't believe as you do concerning OSAS>

Location hidden

#523551 Mar 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>auggie had several ideas that don't align up with Scripture, including predestination among others.
According to his contemporary, Jerome, Augustine "established anew the ancient Faith."[5] In his early years, he was heavily influenced by Manichaeism and afterward by the Neo-Platonism of Plotinus.[6] After his conversion to Christianity and his baptism in 387, Augustine developed his own approach to philosophy and theology, accommodating a variety of methods and different perspectives.[7] Believing that the grace of Christ was indispensable to human freedom, he helped to formulate the doctrine of original sin and made seminal contributions to the development of just war theory.

When the Western Roman Empire began to disintegrate, Augustine developed the concept of the Catholic Church as a spiritual City of God (in a book of the same name), distinct from the material Earthly City.[8] His thoughts profoundly influenced the medieval worldview. Augustine's City of God was closely identified with the segment of the Church that adhered to the concept of the Trinity as defined by the Council of Nicaea and the Council of Constantinople.[9]

In the Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion, he is a saint, a pre-eminent Doctor of the Church, and the patron of the Augustinians. His memorial is celebrated on 28 August, the day of his death. He is the patron saint of brewers, printers, theologians, the alleviation of sore eyes, and a number of cities and dioceses.[10] Many Protestants, especially Calvinists, consider him to be one of the theological fathers of the Protestant Reformation due to his teachings on salvation and divine grace.

In the East, many of his teachings are not accepted. The most important doctrinal controversy surrounding his name is the filioque.[11] Other doctrines that are sometimes unacceptable are his view of original sin, the doctrine of grace, and predestination.[12] Nonetheless, though considered to be mistaken on some points, he is still considered a saint, and his feast day is celebrated on 15 June.[13] He carries the additional title of Blessed among the Orthodox, either as "Blessed Augustine" or "St. Augustine the Blessed."[14]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hip...

Mariology[edit]

Although Augustine did not develop an independent Mariology, his statements on Mary surpass in number and depth those of other early writers.[83] Even before the Council of Ephesus, he defended the ever Virgin Mary as the Mother of God, who, because of her virginity, is full of grace.[84] Likewise, he affirmed that the Virgin Mary "conceived as virgin, gave birth as virgin and stayed virgin forever".[
Natural knowledge and biblical interpretation[edit]
ME; HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD THIS ONE?
Augustine took the view that the Biblical text should not be interpreted as properly literal, but rather as metaphorical, if it contradicts what we know from science and our God-given reason. While each passage of Scripture has a literal sense, this "literal sense" does not always mean that the Scriptures are mere history; at times they are rather an extended metaphor.[86]
Also in reaction against the Donatists, Augustine developed a distinction between the "regularity" and "validity" of the sacraments. Regular sacraments are performed by clergy of the Catholic Church while sacraments performed by schismatics are considered irregular. Nevertheless, the validity of the sacraments do not depend upon the holiness of the priests who perform them (ex opere operato); therefore, irregular sacraments are still accepted as valid provided they are done in the name of Christ and in the manner prescribed by the Church. On
marge

Ames, IA

#523552 Mar 21, 2014
So then tell us how we can lose the everlasting Salvation we preach dear brother, your suppose to be my elder brother so teach me if you can.
Blessings!
:)

Location hidden

#523553 Mar 21, 2014
more;Augustine upheld the early Christian understanding of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, saying that Christ's statement, "This is my body" referred to the bread he carried in his hands,[117][118] and that Christians must have faith that the bread and wine are in fact the body and blood of Christ, despite what they see with their eyes.[119]

Against the Pelagians, Augustine strongly stressed the importance of infant baptism. About the question whether baptism is an absolute necessity for salvation, however, Augustine appears to have refined his beliefs during his lifetime, causing some confusion among later theologians about his position. He said in one of his sermons that only the baptized are saved.[120] This belief was shared by many early Christians. However, a passage from his City of God, concerning the Apocalypse, may indicate that Augustine did believe in an exception for children born to Christian parents.[121]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... 5 hr The Proclaimer 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
News Ecumenical Patriarch and Pope visit migrants in... Apr 17 Emmeline 9
More from around the web