Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695421 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#523453 Mar 21, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph probably had kids from a previous marriage, but Mary never had any other than Jesus. Show me in Scripture where anyone else was refered to as a son/daughter of Mary. There is not one reference in there. And what's more is that Jesus was refered to as "THE Son of Mary" not "A Son of Mary."
It was always understood from the beginning that Mary had taken a vow of virginity and remained a virgin all her life. Now nearly 2000 years later it's folks like you who "got it right"?
Anybody can "get it right"....from Scripture....

Repeat:
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

It don't say the exact day/hour/second...but Joseph and Mary lived like any other married couple...they had kids.....per Scripture...you want to know their names????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#523454 Mar 21, 2014
What is the role of the wife?

1 Timothy 5:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#523455 Mar 21, 2014
1 Timothy 2:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Location hidden

#523456 Mar 21, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she needed a Savior. How else was the stain of original sin going to get removed from her?
Tell it to ITB.....she needs to know...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#523457 Mar 21, 2014
how come even Iggie doesn't state that mary was a virgin forever?

Testimony of the Early Church Fathers

Many of the early Fathers of the Church wrote about the Perpetual Virginity of Mary, and their writings merely mirror a dogma that has been one of the foundations of Christian belief since the life of Christ here on earth.

Among the Church Fathers who have confirmed this dogma are: Sts. Irenaeus, Justin, John Chrysostom, Eusebius, Basil, Jerome, Isidore, and Ildefonsus. St Jerome’s rather long tract against Helvidius is a defense of the Perpetual Virginity of Mary. St Epiphanius has especially choice invectives reserved for those who dare insult the doctrine of Mary’s Perpetual Virginity. Hilary of Poitiers had this to say:

If they (the brethren of the Lord) had been Mary’s sons and not those taken from Joseph’s former marriage, she would never have been given over in the moment of the passion (crucifixion) to the apostle John as his mother, the Lord saying to each,“Woman, behold your son,” and to John,“Behold your mother”[John 19:26–27], as he bequeathed filial love to a disciple as a consolation to the one desolate (Commentary on Matthew 1:4).

again, it was the members of the religious society in those days to take care of the widow. none of her other sons were christians

Location hidden

#523458 Mar 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?
You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.
When you can use intelligence instead of senseless sarcasm get back to me.
After many days you have yet to even attempt to answer my questions. Poop got your tongue? Or is your tongue just loaded down with poop?
Also, although it is evidently normal practice for the men and boys in your household to wear gloss on their lips it just doesn't happen in mine. If you're looking for like minded lip glossers among men and boys on the internet you're on the wrong forum. Go elsewhere to satisfy your recreational impulses.
You are a proven liar!!! You don't have to continuing proving it..

You have no idea which Koine Greek word was used to translate to "blessed"...therefor e, you cannot possibly know its definition!!!!!

Instead of referring to Greek lexicons as all educators and the general public to get that knowledge, you come out with your own idiotic "definition" of blessed...because that is the only support you have for your lies..

I never said one word about Job 14:4...

However, as usual, you do bring God's Word to life: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You are not able to receive the things of the Spirit of God....you are a natural man. And,as usual, you will avoid the truth , deny the truth, as a true Catlik...

Job 14:4 is referring to Job 4:1....Job 14:1 ¶ Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.

The message is: No human parents, none, not any, being unclean, can give birth to a clean child.

Parrel verses:
Ps 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Ps 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me
Ps 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Ro 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Location hidden

#523459 Mar 21, 2014
look at this [beautiful] saying.lol

But one of the most beautiful arguments is presented by St Augustine, using biblical typology on why Saint Joseph and Saint Mary did not consummate their marriage:“This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall pass through it. Because the Lord the God of Israel hath entered in by it”(Ezek 44:2).

What means this closed gate in the house of the Lord, except that Mary is to be ever inviolate? What does it mean that “no man shall pass through it”, save that Joseph shall not know her? And what is this:“The Lord alone enters in and goeth out by it,” except that the Holy Ghost shall impregnate her, and that the Lord of Angels shall be born of her? And what means this –“It shall be shut for evermore”, but that Mary is a Virgin before His birth, a Virgin in His birth, and a Virgin after His birth.

first, concerning the conception of Jesus, He never entered into the wom thru the exit, so this is plain foolishness to start with.

the gate that Ez spoke of was closed by Muslims in later years and still remains closed today. it is a literal gate, not figurative.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AgW6q2Br...

A Remarkable Prophecy

I decided to do some research on the matter, and that decision initiated my study of Bible prophecy. I had been attending church for 30 years, but like most Christians, I knew nothing about Bible prophecy. The topic was generally ignored by the preachers in the church I grew up in.

My concordance quickly directed me to the passage that the Orthodox Jew had alluded to. I found it in Ezekiel 44. The context is a supernatural tour the Lord is giving Ezekiel of the future Millennial Temple (40:1-3).

In chapter 43 the Lord gives Ezekiel a vision of God's glory entering the Millennial Temple from the east, through the Eastern Gate. The Lord then says to Ezekiel: "Son of Man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of my feet where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever" (43:7).

The Lord then reveals to Ezekiel that the Eastern Gate will be closed and will not be reopened until the Messiah returns in glory (44:1-3).

A Momentous Decision

This prophecy was partially fulfilled more than 400 years ago in 1517 when the Turks conquered Jerusalem under the leadership of Suleiman the Magnificent. He commanded that the city's ancient walls be rebuilt, and in the midst of this rebuilding project, for some unknown reason, he ordered that the Eastern Gate be sealed up with stones.

now here is the kicker, auggie lived in the 4 th century plus, and never knew what would take place 1000 years alter that this gate would be closed by muslims, and remains closed to this day, until Jesus comes.the.

. muslims went so far to bury there dead in front of it to keep the Messiah out.lol

Location hidden

#523460 Mar 21, 2014
contradicts.....

Location hidden

#523461 Mar 21, 2014
more;just getting blessed

A Mysterious Remark

The next day I read a fascinating news account about one of the Jewish commando groups that had been involved in the assault on the city. The article stated that some members of the group had suggested catching the Jordanian defenders of the city off guard by blowing open the sealed Eastern Gate. But the leader of the group, an Orthodox Jew, had vehemently protested the idea, stating that "the Eastern Gate can be opened only when the Messiah comes."

That statement caught my eye. I wondered what the fellow was talking about. I knew nothing about the Eastern Gate except that it was the only gate of the city that led directly onto the Temple Mount. I was not aware that it was sealed, nor did I know that its opening was in any way biblically linked to the return of the Messiah.

Location hidden

#523463 Mar 21, 2014
I decided to do some research on the matter, and that decision initiated my study of Bible prophecy. I had been attending church for 30 years, but like most Christians, I knew nothing about Bible prophecy. The topic was generally ignored by the preachers in the church I grew up in.

My concordance quickly directed me to the passage that the Orthodox Jew had alluded to. I found it in Ezekiel 44. The context is a supernatural tour the Lord is giving Ezekiel of the future Millennial Temple (40:1-3).

In chapter 43 the Lord gives Ezekiel a vision of God's glory entering the Millennial Temple from the east, through the Eastern Gate. The Lord then says to Ezekiel: "Son of Man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of my feet where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever" (43:7).

The Lord then reveals to Ezekiel that the Eastern Gate will be closed and will not be reopened until the Messiah returns in glory (44:1-3).

Location hidden

#523464 Mar 21, 2014
A Momentous Decision

This prophecy was partially fulfilled more than 400 years ago in 1517 when the Turks conquered Jerusalem under the leadership of Suleiman the Magnificent. He commanded that the city's ancient walls be rebuilt, and in the midst of this rebuilding project, for some unknown reason, he ordered that the Eastern Gate be sealed up with stones.

Legends abound as to why Suleiman closed the Gate. The most believable one is that while the walls were being rebuilt, a rumor swept Jerusalem that the Messiah was coming. Suleiman called together some Jewish rabbis and asked them to tell him about the Messiah. They described the Messiah as a great military leader who would be sent by God from the east. He would enter the Eastern Gate and liberate the city from foreign control.

Suleiman then decided to put an end to Jewish hopes by ordering the Eastern Gate sealed. He also put a Muslim cemetery in front of the Gate, believing that no Jewish holy man would defile himself by walking through a Muslim cemetery.

A Prophetic Symbol

The Gate has remained sealed since that time. The Muslim cemetery still blocks the entrance. The old walled city has eight gates, and the Eastern Gate, and it alone, is sealed — just as prophesied in Ezekiel 44. The world would call that an "amazing coincidence." I call it a "God-incidence."

The Eastern Gate is proof positive that the Bible is the Word of God. Its sealing is clear evidence that we are living in the end times. The Gate awaits the return of the Messiah. Then and only then, will it be opened.

but hey catholics don't worry, auggie was wrong about more than this gate.lol

Location hidden

#523465 Mar 21, 2014
WHAT A DAY THIS WILL BE.

An Exciting Vision

I have a vision of what that glorious day will be like. It is related to the Lord's First Coming. I believe Jesus is going to replay His triumphal entry into Jerusalem when He returns.

When He came the first time, Jesus rode a donkey from the Mount of Olives down into the Kidron Valley and up to the Eastern Gate where He entered the Temple Mount for His last days of teaching. As He made that ride, the Valley of Kidron was filled with thousands of admirers who had heard about the resurrection of Lazarus. They waved palm branches and chanted, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" Within a few days that same fickle crowd was shouting, "Crucify Him!"

We are told in Revelation 19 that when Jesus returns He will come as a victorious military conqueror, riding through the air on a supernatural white horse. In Isaiah 61 we are told that He will come from the east, and in Zechariah 14 we are told that he will touch ground on the Mount of Olives.

Revelation 19:14 says that all the Redeemed will come with the Lord. Think of it! You and I will be there to witness the Lord's return. Zechariah 14 says He will speak a word that will supernaturally destroy the Anti-Christ and his forces.

Then, I believe we will witness a replay of the Lord's triumphant entry into Jerusalem. With angels hovering above and millions of the Redeemed filling the Kidron Valley, Jesus will ride up to the Eastern Gate on His white horse, and as He approaches the Gate, it will blow open. He will then enter the City of David, and to the triumphant shouts of "Hosanna to the Son of David," He will be crowned the Kings of kings and the Lord of lords.

I believe that's what Psalm 24 is all about when it says:
Lift up your heads, O gates, and be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in! Who is the King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle ... The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory.

and to think, every day, places us ONE day closer to this Glorious Day

Location hidden

#523466 Mar 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up, Oxbow. It isn't my unwillingness to accept your heretical retranslation of Scripture from English to Greek to heretical English that we're talking about here. You claim that a picture of the Pope kneeling in prayer in front of a statue or picture is proof that the Pope is worshiping a false idol instead of proof that the Pope is kneeling in front of a picture or statue while he prays to the one, true God.
Just answer the questions I pose below.
An idol is an object of worship, as though it were a god.
A picture is a picture.
A statue is a statue.
Kneeling in front of a picture or a statue while you pray to the one, true God is not anywhere near the same thing as worshiping a false idol.
Do you ever kneel while praying? Will you agree that everything in front of you is the false god you're praying to?
When you have answers to my questions get back to me. In the mean time I take your unwillingness even to attempt an answer as prime evidence that you either know the Pope doesn't worship false gods or you pray to false idols yourself. Who can be surprised by heresy from a self-confessed heretic like yourself.
I repeat:
Thanks again for proving me correct!!!!
You are a liar.....you have no idea which Koine Greek word was used to translate to the English word firstborn, nor its definition...which is definitely not: "legal/social standing" nor is it "a child who died because its mother died while the child was still in the womb."
So then....you are a known stupid Catlik that is a liar...

You are leaving that flea in the dust!!!!

Firstborn: Koine Greek prototokos, first-born (usually as noun, literally or figuratively):--firstbegotten( -born).

Firstbegotten:
This Greek word is translated in two passages in the King James Version by "first-begotten" (Hebrews 1:6 Revelation 1:5), but in all other places in the King James Version, and always in the Revised Version (British and American), by "firstborn." It is used in its natural literal sense of Jesus Christ as Mary's firstborn (Luke 2:7 Matthew 1:25 the King James Version); it also bears the literal sense of Jesus Christ as Mary's firstborn (Luke 2:7 Matthew 1:25 the King James Version); it also bears the literal sense of the firstborn of the firstborn of men and animals (Hebrews 11:28). It is not used in the New Testament or Septuagint of an only child, which is expressed by monogenes.

Worth repeating....It is not used in the New Testament or Septuagint of an only child, which is expressed by monogenes.

Monogenes - New Testament Greek Lexicon - New American ...
Definition. single of its kind, only. used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents); used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God.

Firstborn: Born first (there is no born first if there is only one child)....eldest child (there is no eldest child if there is only one child)....
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523467 Mar 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
if you catholics weren't so stooped, I wouldn't call you that, but it seems there isn't a ounce of brain cells in all of your craniums combined
Is it their brain cells that make them "stooped"? Is Oxbow "stooped" because he was a Roman Catholic until he was excommunicated? Is OldJG also a "stooped" former Roman Catholic? That would explain a lot.

Location hidden

#523468 Mar 21, 2014
the Bible says that in the latter days, knowledge would be increased.

and here we can look back and see how ignorant that Auggie was to compare a vision of Ez to it being a type of mary. the Bible is clear that NO prophesy is of Private interpretation as auggie has done, yet we read constantly that we who are Born Again cant interpret Scriptures correctly.

Ez. was given a time table(vaguely) as to when the Messiah would enter into that gate, thereby setting up His Kingdom.

in 1967, the jewish people knew what that Scripture meant, and I knew it before the words of Rapture ready by Brother Reagan, yet Auggie didn't know by claiming it meant mary.lol

Location hidden

#523469 Mar 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat:
You are a liar.....you have no idea which Koine Greek word was used to translate to the English word firstborn, nor its definition...which is definitely not: "legal/social standing" nor is it "a child who died because its mother died while the child was still in the womb."
Firstborn: Koine Greek prototokos, first-born (usually as noun, literally or figuratively):--firstbegotten( -born).
Firstbegotten:
This Greek word is translated in two passages in the King James Version by "first-begotten" (Hebrews 1:6 Revelation 1:5), but in all other places in the King James Version, and always in the Revised Version (British and American), by "firstborn." It is used in its natural literal sense of Jesus Christ as Mary's firstborn (Luke 2:7 Matthew 1:25 the King James Version); it also bears the literal sense of Jesus Christ as Mary's firstborn (Luke 2:7 Matthew 1:25 the King James Version); it also bears the literal sense of the firstborn of the firstborn of men and animals (Hebrews 11:28). It is not used in the New Testament or Septuagint of an only child, which is expressed by monogenes.
Worth repeating....It is not used in the New Testament or Septuagint of an only child, which is expressed by monogenes.
Definition. single of its kind, only. used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents); used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God.
Firstborn: Born first (there is no born first if there is only one child)....eldest child (there is no eldest child if there is only one child)....
to carry on with these words, the greek word for [firstborn] only occurs with the story of Moses and the [firstborn] of the children of Israel during the Passover, and it agrees with Mary having more children than just Jesus.

but they like others on here are robotic, don't have ears to hear nor a brain to think for themselves
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523470 Mar 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a proven liar!!! You don't have to continuing proving it..
You have no idea which Koine Greek word was used to translate to "blessed"...therefor e, you cannot possibly know its definition!!!!!
Instead of referring to Greek lexicons as all educators and the general public to get that knowledge, you come out with your own idiotic "definition" of blessed...because that is the only support you have for your lies..
I never said one word about Job 14:4...
However, as usual, you do bring God's Word to life: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
You are not able to receive the things of the Spirit of God....you are a natural man. And,as usual, you will avoid the truth , deny the truth, as a true Catlik...
Job 14:4 is referring to Job 4:1....Job 14:1 ¶ Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.
The message is: No human parents, none, not any, being unclean, can give birth to a clean child.
Parrel verses:
Ps 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Ps 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me
Ps 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Ro 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
ITB,

Enjoy a generous helping of fruit.

You can twist, turn, translate English into Koine Greek and back into English again, and deny all you want. You can't hide from Scripture.

Location hidden

#523471 Mar 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it their brain cells that make them "stooped"? Is Oxbow "stooped" because he was a Roman Catholic until he was excommunicated? Is OldJG also a "stooped" former Roman Catholic? That would explain a lot.
their brain cells weren't fried like your are. they had enough to know that more was required of them than just to believe the lies and foolishness of Catholicism.

in fact, it only takes one or two live cells to know that your religion is of the devil, and so they along with others, fled from that system as God Commands
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523472 Mar 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat:
Firstbegotten:
ITB, aka Oxbow,

Enjoy some more fruit.

What has all this meaningless drivel got to do with your claim that the Pope prays to idols?

Try to keep up. It isn't my unwillingness to accept your heretical retranslation of Scripture from English to Greek to heretical English that we're talking about here. You claim that a picture of the Pope kneeling in prayer in front of a statue or picture is proof that the Pope is worshiping a false idol instead of proof that the Pope is kneeling in front of a picture or statue while he prays to the one, true God.

Just answer the questions I pose below.

An idol is an object of worship, as though it were a god.

A picture is a picture.

A statue is a statue.

Kneeling in front of a picture or a statue while you pray to the one, true God is not anywhere near the same thing as worshiping a false idol.

Do you ever kneel while praying? Will you agree that everything in front of you is the false god you're praying to?

When you have answers to my questions get back to me. In the mean time I take your unwillingness even to attempt an answer as prime evidence that you either know the Pope doesn't worship false gods or you pray to false idols yourself. Who can be surprised by heresy from a self-confessed heretic like yourself.

Location hidden

#523473 Mar 21, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
ITB,
Enjoy a generous helping of fruit.
You can twist, turn, translate English into Koine Greek and back into English again, and deny all you want. You can't hide from Scripture.
quit being so stupid. Job is discussing the finality of death as you have been told many times

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 15 Eyes on Christ 10,730
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan 21 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web