Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,276
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523062 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
An idol is an object of worship, as though it were a god.
The bible is your idol.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#523063 Mar 20, 2014
Peace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Smalley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Threats

I find it interesting that the lists of top ten threats in this century are very similar, by this Nobel Prize winner, and the UN. The UN emphasizes war in various forms....

Its interesting that religion is not on the list as well.(smiles)

Peace

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523064 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
During the time of Jesus "Firstborn" refered to legal/social standing.
In the time of Jesus the word we translate as "firstborn" was used not only to describe the son born before other sons but also used to describe a child who died because its mother died while the child was still in the womb.
When you can prove my info as being incorrect...get back to me....
I forgot to inform you that the bible is also brain-dead.

Only your illusions can bring it to life.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#523065 Mar 20, 2014
[who="Tony17 Most Christians can't handle this. They choose to ignore the fact that scripture alludes to what seems to be a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan..
Read the following.
http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...

----------
It doesn't matter the least what 'seems' to 'be'.'Alluding' is simply imagining what one MIGHT have been.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523066 Mar 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. We are all saved by Grace.Peace
All except those that YOU BELIEVE spend eternity in hell.

Of course wonderful saved you will be in ... where is that again?... OH that would nowhere ... if Jesus decides you lied about his mission.

tongue in cheek

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523067 Mar 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Peace
Peace
HELL
HELL

{{{smiles}}}

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#523068 Mar 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
IF THE PHYSICAL DYNASTY OF DAVID HAD CONTINUED AFTER JESUS ASCENDED...
James the Son of Joseph and Mary would have been heir apparent NEXT IN LINE to the throne in Jerusalem.......
.As apposed to Peter in Rome....
Peter was not of the linage of David .
From the Crucifixion of Jesus until HIS return
the linage of David is a Spiritual kingdom
RULED BY THE HOLY GHOST
until .
.JESUS RETURNS AND SET UP HIS KINGDOM IN JERUSALEM IN THE MILLENNIUM
-->THE GOVERNMENT OF GOD IS UPON THE SHOULDER OF JESUS.
NOT THE POPE...<--
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and
(NOTE) the government shall be upon his/j\JESUS shoulder:
and his/JESUS' name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
confronting

Good points. I think Christians agree that Jesus' death and resurrection changed and began the New Creation. In the meantime, before its fulfillment on earth we are blessed by God with the presence of the Holy Spirit....
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523069 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in your Bible does it use the word "pope"????
According to you, since the Bible does not say "Mary is a sinner"....she was sinless, then using that idiotic "logic", since the Bible uses not the word "pope"...there is no pope!!!!
I didn't say that Mary is judged to be sinless because the Bible doesn't say "Mary is a sinner". You're trying to put words in my mouth. You're the Bible-only extremist here and I'm just pointing out that there is no Scripture that says "Mary is a sinner".

In fact, however, the Bible does say that Mary was sinless.

“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).

When you can prove my info as being incorrect...get back to me....

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523070 Mar 20, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
[who="Tony17 Most Christians can't handle this. They choose to ignore the fact that scripture alludes to what seems to be a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan..
Read the following.
http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...
----------
It doesn't matter the least what 'seems' to 'be'.'Alluding' is simply imagining what one MIGHT have been.
You want Tony the homosexual to be made over in your Protestant heterosexual image???

Now THAT is a scary thought!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#523071 Mar 20, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes there is. You don't remember the "disciple whom Jesus loved" of John?
Closing your eyes won't change the facts.
Now, as to your point regarding acceptance of the relationship.
We are dealing with a story written outside Palestine by a gentile or Hellenized Jew, not John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem.
The text was written anonymously and only later falsely ascribed to that individual.
A Jew from 1st century Palestine is unlikely to have written a text that got the Jewish culture and Palestinian geography wrong.
Jews in the 1st century didn't accepted homosexuality.
True.
But Mark probably wasn't written by a Jew and wasn't an accurate history of Jesus regardless,
It was merely what the author *wanted* Jesus to be.
And pederasty was common practice in most parts of the Roman empire.
The author of pre-canonical Mark was merely plying his culture to the historical Jesus.
Did Jesus actually engage in such behavior?
I would not rely on any version of Mark to answer that question.
----------
John, being the disciple that Jesus loved, is a much misunderstood saying. If you will notice, JOHN IS SPEAKING OF HIMSELF. This comment is only in John's gospel, and it simply expresses the humility of John.
He does not proudly speak of himself at any time. Unlike most people, he doesn't boast of "I", or "me".
Doesn't Jesus love YOU? Does that make YOU a pervert?
Dear child, John was not written by John. He was dead long before the first version of John, a document written anonymously, saw any ink on its pages.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#523072 Mar 20, 2014
who="Tony17" Have you Christians ever read 1st Samuel 20:30? Saul,Jonathans fatherl was lambasting him for the relationship he had with David so he called him the son of a perverse and rebellious woman. Read the verse. I dare you. Saul was indicating clearly that David and Jonathan was having a gay relationship.

----------
I Sam. 16:14 says that "an evil spirit" troubled Saul when the Spirit of the Lord left him. It is not at all unusual for a demon tormented man to curse his son...or his wife.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523073 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH does not consider the BIBLE A HOLY BOOK..
if they did they would abide by the teachings that ate chronicled with in it....
Maybe they should all be made over in yours and Jesus' image, and then they would be HEELED.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523074 Mar 20, 2014
So according to Christians Jesus wasn't born perfected as a Jew. He had to first become a Catholic, or was it Gnostic, or was it Protestant before he could be perfected???

It's for sure that Jesus doesn't know WHO he is anymore.

What a shame that the preachers have messed with what was left of Jesus' sanity.

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523075 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH does not consider the BIBLE A HOLY BOOK..
if they did they would abide by the teachings that ate chronicled with in it....
God used an ass to speak his word...In the old testament....why could he not use a bunch of dummies to compile his Bible..
If you live your life based on a "holy book" that came from talking donkeys and an evil church comprised of "a bunch of dummies,"

... maybe your god is a delusion.

My one true God doesn't need talking donkeys and evil dummies to convey his word.

To each his own.

Ramen
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#523076 Mar 20, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I Peter 2:21-24, "21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judges righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
Where can we find Scripture that states Mary "did no sin"? We will wait for your Biblical response.
<quoted text>
The Bible says in I Peter 2:22, "He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone." (NLT)
This verse states Jesus never sinned. Where can we find Scripture that states Mary "never sinned"? Be a good little Roman and show us the verse. Come on little Roman. Poor little Roman. Does the pope have your tongue?
You do not understand the Bible at all little Roman. Matthew 11:11, "Truly I tell you, among those born of women there HAS NOT RISEN ANYONE "GREATER" THAN JOHN THE BAPTIST (not even the sinner Mary) ; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."
What verse in the Bible says "MARY NEVER SINNED". Put up or shut up poor little Roman. Put up or shut up. End of story!
The fact that Scripture doesn't say, "Mary never sinned" is not proof that Mary was a sinner anymore than the fact that the Bible doesn't say, "OldJG doesn't understand Scripture" is proof that he does understand.

“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).

Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?

You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"?

Nowhere.

On the other hand, the quote you use above concerning John the Baptist seems to be saying that John was greater than Jesus. Are you a heretic or are you just quoting Scripture without understanding it?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#523077 Mar 20, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="OldJG"] I won't comment on most of your post, but wish to speak out for Mary's parenting skill. I raised 9 children, and it can be hard to know where they all are at any given moment. With several smaller children than Jesus, she had a real job.
She did not ignore Him for three days; she thought He was with other family/children on the trip. When time came to put Him to bed (one day), she realized that He was not with them.
Only ONE DAY...it took another two days to retrace their steps, and locate Him in the temple with the elders.
you miss the point about mary leaving Jesus behind(that I first brought up). it proves that she like the remainder of us is not and was not [perfect].

nor unlike you, did she have 9 children to take care of, and in fact, the Bible doesn't record that she had James and His other siblings at that time.

there is no excuse for her not watching Him more closely. Was He in any danger? Of course not, His protection comes from who He is.

Mary was a human being, therefore prone to make mistakes, and I believe she did the best that she could do, but I refuse to be condescending towards her. others also have been obedient to God.

for it is written."I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

to be that surrogate mother, she had to be holy, which was her reasonable service.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#523078 Mar 20, 2014
who="yeah really" <quoted text>Stop in Sera. Stop being a filthy bigot.

----------
Shame on you...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523079 Mar 20, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Tony17" Have you Christians ever read 1st Samuel 20:30? Saul,Jonathans fatherl was lambasting him for the relationship he had with David so he called him the son of a perverse and rebellious woman. Read the verse. I dare you. Saul was indicating clearly that David and Jonathan was having a gay relationship.
----------
I Sam. 16:14 says that "an evil spirit" troubled Saul when the Spirit of the Lord left him. It is not at all unusual for a demon tormented man to curse his son...or his wife.
Does it make you feel powerful to use your KJV to bully homosexuals into believing that they are evil???

I suggest you get a thrill out of it ... BIG TIME.

You should be ashamed of your self ... rather than being proud.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523080 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why Ramen is in hiding??? He created the mess of suffering in all forms of life and then pretended to not take ownership of his own faulty mess???
Naughty, naughty, Ramen!
:)
He set the forces in motion.

Life evolved as it always does.

No intervention from God.

Just because evolution doesn't suite you isn't a reason to reject the one true God.

After all, poop happens.

Ramen

Vanderhoof, Canada

#523081 Mar 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points. I think Christians agree that Jesus' death and resurrection changed and began the New Creation.....
Is that why Protestants and Catholics killed each other as heretics?

And is that why you left the Protestant religion to become a Catholic?

By the way Robert ... how long a span of time were you an Atheist???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Lorenzo 9,039
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr dollarsbill 83,961
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 22 hr swedenforever 37
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Sat YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web