Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685857 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#523010 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So that means he never left Judaism. He just made it a better form OF Judaism as he expanded his own knowledge ... RIGHT???
I understand that is not what you meant. You meant he became a Gnostic ... in your image.
That's not what he said.

Nut.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523011 Mar 20, 2014
So there you have it folks. Another remedy for eternal bliss ... Gnostic-style.

I think I'll pass and wait until the movie comes out. It might be easier to digest than the book.

Or maybe not!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#523013 Mar 20, 2014
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
see www. vaticandesignexposed.com
Sweet, "Vatican design exposed. Com" ..lol

Try this one: www.ufosightingdaily.com/

Or this one: www.911truth.org/

You'll feel right at home with the other fanatics..
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523014 Mar 20, 2014
If Jesus lived, he must have said to his self ... "Self ... what do so many belittle my Judaism in which I placed all my faith?

Catholics didn't relate to it. Christian Gnostics didn't relate to it. Muslims didn't relate to it and Protestants didn't relate to it, yet the Catholics, Gnostics and Protestants all preach that I was born 'perfect' into the religion of JUDAISM."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#523015 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Idol: Oxbow's ego
"Oxbow worships his idol blindly and excessively."
Typical of an adult with the mine of an infant....can't refute the truth...can't accept it..bad-mouth the poster...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523016 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not a myth, child.
Christ is the myth.
You never studied, huh?
How funny!

Both words are from mythology.
Just Sayin

United States

#523017 Mar 20, 2014
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
When we study the Bible we must also study the history of religion ,the catholic church has a terrible history ,Evin now with all the child abuse by priests (sodomy) When someone sodomizes a child I am sure he cannot be a man of God, what do you think ??
Do not make me your enemy for I tell you the truth.
And every other church's members r perfect and sinless?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#523018 Mar 20, 2014
doug wrote:
<quoted text> The assumption of Mary...
Tell me something.....did Jesus Christ have the power to save his own mother from death?
would you spare your mother's cancer or other fatal diseases that lead to death, if you could.
You can't because you're not God.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523019 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet, "Vatican design exposed. Com" ..lol
Try this one: www.ufosightingdaily.com/
Or this one: www.911truth.org/
You'll feel right at home with the other fanatics..
From your perspective was Jesus born "perfect" when Mary and Jesus were both Jews "blessed" within the theology of Judaism???
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#523020 Mar 20, 2014
Why do the devout believers in Jesus indicate that as a Jew he did not have a perfected belief ... yet at the same time claim that Jesus was born "perfect?"

Did Judaism make him less perfect than he was at birth?

Bunkology!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#523021 Mar 20, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

No you aren't, especially if you are only believing in a portion of what Jesus taught.
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a living soul,Man became a living soul,Soul means life)
Hi doug - I'm not following your response and how it applies to my post.

Will you expand upon your thoughts?

Thanks!

FYI - I do agree we are alive - but the "soul" portion of your response, is where my questions lie. How do you know we even have a soul? Do you have a study that you can link to, for your citation?

How do you know that our "soul" matters. Maybe it is our free will that matters.

I always promote that our consciousness is our "Self" - and that the "Self" is likely to be the "soul", but there is no proof of such.

Although one can say that there is evidence that the body loses a small amount of weight when they die ("21 grams" was a movie about this process)- so this could be the "soul"/"Self "/"consciousness " leaving the body. All speculation of course, with no binding proof that this occurs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_Grams

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#523022 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:

So that means he never left Judaism. He just made it a better form OF Judaism as he expanded his own knowledge ... RIGHT???
I understand that is not what you meant. You meant he became a Gnostic ... in your image.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he said.
Nut.
Like I had stated - she adds her own views to a religion of views to come to a new conclusion about others.

It is all very simple.....minded.

:o)
Just Sayin

United States

#523023 Mar 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of an adult with the mine of an infant....can't refute the truth...can't accept it..bad-mouth the poster...
Oh Oxie, you liked my post.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#523024 Mar 20, 2014
Another ignorant Bible worshipping fanatic like old gee died.
Fred Phelps thunk he was a pastor after he read the Bible.
He thunk God wanted him to protest funerals of soldiers.
Duh dus dat sound like you, Oldjg? Duh ain't it in da bible I duh red it? Da Bible?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#523025 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From your perspective was Jesus born "perfect" when Mary and Jesus were both Jews "blessed" within the theology of Judaism???
Man you are a relentless maniac. Give it up. every 5 minutes you repeat the same damn thing. You must smoke a lot of weed to even tolerate yourself!
Just Sayin

United States

#523026 Mar 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
Another ignorant Bible worshipping fanatic like old gee died.
Fred Phelps thunk he was a pastor after he read the Bible.
He thunk God wanted him to protest funerals of soldiers.
Duh dus dat sound like you, Oldjg? Duh ain't it in da bible I duh red it? Da Bible?
Maybe the Lgtb community crash his funeral.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#523027 Mar 20, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I had stated - she adds her own views to a religion of views to come to a new conclusion about others.
It is all very simple.....minded.
:o)
I'm guessing senile.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#523028 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny!
Both words are from mythology.
We've been over this, goofy.

Josephus, a first century Jewish historian, mentions about a dozen Jews named Jesus.

He mentions no Jew named Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#523029 Mar 20, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?
You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.
You can twist, turn, edit, ignore, and deny Scripture all you want.
~~~

The Bible says...

Rom_3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All... excludes no one...Mary lived under the Law (until Jesus died on Calvary) She had to keep the whole law..and abide by the day of atonement....only.. After the death of Jesus..(the ultimate sacrifice for our sins) was she saved by Grace....

Jas_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Grace did not come into effect until Jesus Died...on the Cross....

When Joseph and Mary took Jesus to be circumcised ..they were keeping the Law of Moses

Jesus lived and died under the Law.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul wrote...concerning the Jews
2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

for the JEWS

2Co 3:15 --> But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. <---

Joseph and Mary was chosen because....There were ALREADY THE REAL heirs to the throne of David. in Jerusalem..

That is ....if the dynasty of David has continued over the 28 generations between Davids reign .. and The Birth of Joseph..JESUS' CUSTODIAL father...

Jesus would have been the next heir apparent to the throne...

Mary and Joseph were Royalty here on earth..BY VIRTUE OF THEIR LINAGE..(PEDAGREE.).

.BUT

ONLY.... JESUS,.....THE SON OF GOD IS ROYALTY IN HEAVEN.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#523030 Mar 20, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And every other church's members r perfect and sinless?
It's that "one true" thing that makes people believe that the CC should be held to a higher standard.

Being "no worse than..." doesn't cut it for the CC.

The Baptists maybe, but not for the CC.

By deeds, not by words is how we should judge. Who said that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web