Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683798 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522926 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Peter was not afraid of "popular opinion"; he was afraid of the opinion of "certain men [who] came from James".
And who would those folks be? That's right, members of the Jerusalem Assembly, the church Jesus' brother James headed -- the first church, the one that included those who knew Jesus in the flesh.
Odd they seemed concerned about still observing the law and not eating with the unclean, eh?
Blah, Blah,Blah.

The theology in the anti-Semitic new testament was written by Catholic theologians. The book is not worth the powder to blow it to hell.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522927 Mar 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Two different kinds of baptism....though they are similar....
Jesus embarked on his ministry, and the rest of his life, after the Baptism of John. It was a "type" of Baptism, to show Christians needed to be Baptized by Jesus/Holy Spirit....
Did you dream that up, or was that from the Catechism?

Which brings us to another point.

Somehow the self-described "clear word of god" is so unclear that the CC has required not one, but several official versions of a book to explain the "clear word" book.

Better yet, the CC's "explaining" book is larger than the "clear word" book.

Maybe just say "it's faith and I don't need to understand."

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#522928 Mar 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been pre-programmed to reject it.
If you were proud enough of your beliefs, and able to defend, then I could try to explain with specifics you might understand.
I would know how you are programmed. But you are bashful and probably about 15.
Good luck in your mystical quest.
Ramen
Pretty far off in your assesment there Delusions.
No harm, other than your loss to learn.
You can show me nothing I have not already seen or heard kid.
For the most part, you bore the hell out of me.
So far, your offerings are less than discussion worthy anyway kid.
Enjoy your fantasy sir.
<smile>
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522929 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Robert stated that it was a "type" of baptism.
What a double talker.
"Within the theology" either Jesus' religion was Judaism turned Catholicism ... or Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism.
There would have been no in-between "type" of baptism.
Not all gods are delusions June. He is merely seeking. Don't condemn him for that.

Consider this. If you claim to be an atheist, you are taking a position which can't be proven either. Being an atheist takes faith.

I suggest another kind of faith June.

Come to the not angry, not vengeful, not jealous, one true God.

Plus the one-true God doesn't need your money. You do the good works yourself, no middle man.

You can't beat that.

Ramen

Location hidden

#522930 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, sin-free.....not hardly, June.....
I don't have to tell Tony about his life-style, as he has been on here long enough that we ALL know him and what his life-style is......
He has had many, many people tell him about his sin and his life-style......
I don't need to bring that up with him anymore.....
But when he is posting things as David and Jonathan had a gay relationship....then, YES, I will say something......
If you really knew me, June, you would know that I don't bully....
Is Tony's "sin", your sin?
What is it to you who others choose as their mates? It has no negative effect on you or your own relatiuonships. Correct?
It IS a situation of "live and let live" is it not?
Get over it already. It is HIS choice ... not yours sir.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522931 Mar 20, 2014
Every time I've asked Christians on this forum if they believe that "within the theology" that Jesus would have abandoned the Jews to preach a new religion totally foreign to Judaism ... not one of you has answered my question.

And you KNOW why you won't address that issue ... liars!

You know full well that the theology makes no sense whatsoever.

A Jewish rabbi would try to correct the Jews to stay faithful to Judaism.

How long will you lie to your selves???

How long???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522932 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
June, your problem is you are not up to the challenge....
The search for truth is a lifelong challenge.
You seem to have found it.

What made you so lucky?

Were you born into the "truth" maybe?

Location hidden

#522933 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question Robert!
Was it free will that took you out of Atheism and back into Catholicism where you would believe that you were special to a god.
Remember ... Protestantism was not good enough for you, so that means that being a Catholic meant to you that god loves and not Protestants.
Was it free will that tempted you to be so arrogant ... or was it your arrogance steering your free will.
The question was ... and the point is ... we do have free will June.
Even you speak of it as a literal thing dear.
Are you being forced to post here or are you exercising your own free will to do so?
tricki

Manheim, PA

#522934 Mar 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Na. Just the word of Paul.
Nope
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522935 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OH stop with your phoniness. You are not searching for truth. You are adamant that you KNOW truth.

And to top it off you believe "God" has GRACED you with salvation and that others are still in sin.

Arrogant BOOB!!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522936 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you try addressing this question that all the knowing ones ignored.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Every time I've asked Christians on this forum if they believe that "within the theology" that Jesus would have abandoned the Jews to preach a new religion totally foreign to Judaism ... not one of you has answered my question.

How long???
tricki

Manheim, PA

#522937 Mar 20, 2014
This is the God of atheists remember. He kills and tortures for no reason. He makes slaves and commandments so that he can bully people. He's got nothin better to do. He likes abusing power.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#522938 Mar 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Tony's "sin", your sin?
What is it to you who others choose as their mates? It has no negative effect on you or your own relatiuonships. Correct?
It IS a situation of "live and let live" is it not?
Get over it already. It is HIS choice ... not yours sir.
Do you know what the Great Commission is, my friend?

Do you know what a disciple of Christ is?

Do you understand that we are supposed to be concerned for other people's souls?

Do you suppose that we are to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others?

The gospel is not the product of the mind of man but comes to us from heaven.
tricki

Manheim, PA

#522939 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you try addressing this question that all the knowing ones ignored.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
How long???
Acadia, suicide, ties and dresses, amalgam

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#522940 Mar 20, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text>Stop in Sera. Stop being a filthy bigot.
He is Not Sera..for the tenth time ..no relation ..Not ...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522941 Mar 20, 2014
So, I'm not up to the challenge of grabbing a bible and using words to preach at others that they are active sinners and I am sin-free and Graced by God???

What kind of a challenge is that to the self???

I ask you ... how much of a challenge to self does it take to claim that the self is saved and others deserve eternity in hell???

No challenge at all.

Challenge to self is admitting that self is not better than other selves in any way whatsoever.

Location hidden

#522942 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking Robert ... the insufferable boob of Catholicism such a question???
He couldn' t stand to be an Atheist for more than a brief time because he so desperately needed his religious FIX of believing he was the tops according to "god."
You are not an atheist dear. There are no true atheists. Their own consciousness convicts and betrays their words. So does yours maam.
Every one of the ones who claim such are products of their own upbringing and are revolting against the treatment they have received at the hand of other humans. That is all your "argument" such as it is, reveals. You have nothing to show that you believe there is nothing beyond the human one dimensional experience. You have stated that you actually hope there is not a consciousness after death.
Of course you would. That would prove you have been wrong dear.

The plagerist Einstein was right. All time exists at all times. It is circular and not a straight one directional line dear. That means something. It means something that is directly related to this discussion. It means that it is true that energy can neither be created nor destroyed (except in VERY miniscule amounts) dear. It means that there is proof you (however you wish to define "you") will continue to exist after this dimension of life is over dear.
Better get used to the idea now June. You will hear a lot more about it in the coming times.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522943 Mar 20, 2014
tricki wrote:
This is the God of atheists remember. He kills and tortures for no reason. He makes slaves and commandments so that he can bully people. He's got nothin better to do. He likes abusing power.
Atheists don't believe in the existence of any gods ... even the fake one that you admire as being HOLY ... only because you believe "he" loves you.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#522944 Mar 20, 2014
Again I will emphasize ... If the Christians believed that Jesus had stayed faithful to Judaism ... they would have no use for his image whatsoever ... and that, in turn would be the end of the Christian religion.

That is WHY not one you will answer my question.

Do you believe that had Jesus lived, he would have abandoned the faithful Jews to "follow" a religion that was totally foreign to Judaism???

You KNOW that he wouldn't have abandoned the Jews. He would have wanted to correct them from scattering into breakaway sects such as Gnostic Christianity and Catholicism and Islam and Protestantism.

THAT makes sense.

He would have TRULY wanted them to follow him ... not pretend that he was following them.

Location hidden

#522945 Mar 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
How long???
That question is not worth an answer as it is pure conjecture on your part and this "woulda, coulda, shoulda, BS, is, well, just plain ole BS maam. None of it has anything to do with reality as we know it.
You lay the inconsequential, irrelevant, and hypothetical sins of certain individuals at the feet of other unrelated individuals maam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web