Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522711 Mar 19, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>+
100% correct June, no true God creates life for the purpose of torturing it for eternity.
The concept is sick.
Yet the delusional bible tells us that most humans suffer such a fate by a wacko god filled with lowly human emotions like anger and jealousy.
You are beyond that June. That's why some posters here call you "evil."
Did you murder anyone June? Probably not.
Have you robbed anyone? Probably not.
Have you molested any children, or covered up such a crime? Probably not.
No June, they call you evil because you don't buy into their absurd immoral god.
YOU ARE "EVIL" BECAUSE YOU EXPOSE THEIR DELUSION.
My God likes you June. Come to the one true, scientifically proven God.
Ramen
If I was a Protestant ... the Protestants would believe I am WISE and SAVED and all things wonderful. But the Catholics would then vilify me as dumb and lost and fodder for hell. And vice versa.

Ain't religion just something else???

It's a pile of steaming manure.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522712 Mar 19, 2014
I can't state in all honesty that a creator doesn't exist, but I sure believe with every fiber of my being that one doesn't exist.

If it does exist I suggest it ought to shoot itself dead for being the cause of all animal forms of suffering.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522713 Mar 19, 2014
I agree with Dr. Schweitzer's summation.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Dr. Schweitzer endorsed the summation that “Jesus has been made the receptacle into which every theologian pours his own ideas.”
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522714 Mar 19, 2014
David Kopay was a professional football player in the national football league. From his book,“The David Kopay story”… comes the following …

I asked about my dad’s reaction (making my homosexuality publicly known) and she put him on the phone.“What the hell do you think you’re doing? Who the hell do you think you are? I said,“I know who I am.” He said if I were there he would kill me. He said he never wanted to see me again. I was crying as I hung up the phone.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522715 Mar 19, 2014
If Jesus actually lived would he have agreed with the mindset of David Kopay's father???

Homophobes would say "YES! because they read it in the Bible that God wants homosexuals put to death."

It's not a bible's fault that humans are idiots!!!

The bible is just an old book with no brains.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#522716 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Lewis was religious.
He didn't leave room for doubt.
I am an Atheist and an Agnostic and the universe has a whole lot of meaning to me. I enjoy being a student of all subjects and know that I am a master of none.
June

Peace

For some doubt is not a requirement of a deeper commitment to faith, but for others, such as the disciple of Jesus, Thomas, his doubt led him to a deeper faith....And made him famous for it(smiles)

Peace
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522717 Mar 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
For some doubt is not a requirement of a deeper commitment to faith, but for others, such as the disciple of Jesus, Thomas, his doubt led him to a deeper faith....And made him famous for it(smiles)
Peace
If Jesus appeared before Paul and Thomas (et al) so they might believe, why did Jesus stop appearing?

Today as humans, we have even more reason than Paul or Thomas to doubt. because we have so much more information.

Instead of staying hidden, perhaps Jesus should give modern humans the same reasons to believe as he4 did for Paul and Tom.

That would be the fair thing to do. Speaking of fair, why not a Chinese Jesus and a Indian Jesus too?

There is so much a true God could to to help us believe, unless the god thing is just a delusion.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522718 Mar 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
Peace
Robert
Hell
Hell

{{{smiles}}}
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522719 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
If Jesus appeared before Paul and Thomas (et al) so they might believe, why did Jesus stop appearing?
Today as humans, we have even more reason than Paul or Thomas to doubt. because we have so much more information.
Instead of staying hidden, perhaps Jesus should give modern humans the same reasons to believe as he4 did for Paul and Tom.
That would be the fair thing to do. Speaking of fair, why not a Chinese Jesus and a Indian Jesus too?
There is so much a true God could to to help us believe, unless the god thing is just a delusion.
Ramen
Except in the minds of the illusionists, myths can't appear.

Did the same Jesus appear in Martin Luther's mind when he was a Catholic as when he was Protestant???

They don't think on these issues, as they are too busy entertaining their own grandiose illusions of salvation.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522720 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a Protestant ... the Protestants would believe I am WISE and SAVED and all things wonderful. But the Catholics would then vilify me as dumb and lost and fodder for hell. And vice versa.
Ain't religion just something else???
It's a pile of steaming manure.
True.

Believe as they do, or you are "evil."

A few hundred years ago, they would kill you for that.

They are no more moral today than their predecessors. The only difference are secular laws that today protect you from these "moral" ones.

All because you expose their delusion.

Come to the lite June.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522721 Mar 19, 2014
He drew a circle that shut me out
Rebel, heretic, a thing to flout.
But love and I had a wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.

Edwin Markham.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522722 Mar 19, 2014
Motivational Quote of the Day

"One of the hardest things in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn."

David Russell
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522723 Mar 19, 2014
The right to foist your fantasies on the rest of the world is a great privilege

Germain Greer.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522724 Mar 19, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture says the opposite so why would you believe that?
You are adding to Scripture. Nowhere does it say that Jesus did not appoint Peter as head of His Church on earth after Jesus returned to the Father.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522725 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
True.
Believe as they do, or you are "evil."
A few hundred years ago, they would kill you for that.
They are no more moral today than their predecessors. The only difference are secular laws that today protect you from these "moral" ones.
All because you expose their delusion.
Come to the lite June.
Ramen
I know very well their intentions. They have threatened to set me on fire with matches.

They have a very sinister way of showing their "love."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522726 Mar 19, 2014
From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…

Hysteria Set Loose

From his brimstone bed at break of day
A walking the Devil is gone,
To visit his snug little farm the earth,
And see how his stock goes on.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#522727 Mar 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an Atheist???
I already answered the question, goofy, "I do not believe in any god."
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522728 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
We Christians believe what the Bible says. Does the Bible say Jesus left Peter in charge?
Think about it. Peter was the most irrational of all the disciples. He had a big mouth. He over reacted when he was told not to when he cut off the ear of Malcus. He was a liar and a betrayer. Three times Jesus asked Peter if he agaped Him. What was Peter's response? Peter told Jesus he phileoed Him. In other words when Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him Peter told Jesus they were just buddies. Three times! Three times he also denied Jesus! Is this the man Jesus left in charge? He couldn't control himself much less anyone else. No way did Jesus leave Peter in charge. Period.
Yes. The Bible says that Jesus let Peter in charge. To say otherwise is to delete from Scripture.

"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church."

You can twist, turn, edit, and deny all you want, but that's what Scripture says.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#522729 Mar 19, 2014
From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…

In times of great turmoil, there will always be witch hunters, always fearful accusers, and always witches – for witch hunting is a state of mind. You do not need to have a witch, only somebody whom everybody fears.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522730 Mar 19, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Job considered himself a member of a fallen race. His profound question,“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?” is often used to show that a ransom to redeem man cannot come from the fallen human race. Therefore, some being from outside the human race had to provide the Ransom for Adam. To think of someone lifting this sin-benighted, diseased earth out of the quagmire of sin would be hopeless if the matter were viewed from the natural standpoint, for the human race is beyond human repair. Only Divinity can provide a solution.
We are very blessed to know about and understand the philosophy of the Ransom as part of the Harvest message. With the limited knowledge man had from the time the apostles went off the scene until the Harvest, Christians were justified by simply believing what God said but without understanding. A somewhat analogous example is that the Ancient Worthies performed sacrifices that God ordained, even though they did not understand the philosophy behind the sacrifices, because they trusted He had a reason. Their faith and trust in an unseen, intelligent, pure Creator were rewarded.
Mary recognized that she needed the Savior. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored by God (Luke 1:27-28, 27 "To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her,“Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8).
Ecclesiastes 7:20, "Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins."
Romans 3:23, "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard."
Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
1 John 1:8, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
Mary was a 'sinner" saved by grace. Nothing more and nothing less.
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).

Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?

You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.

You can twist, turn, edit, ignore, and deny Scripture all you want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... 20 hr C Kersey 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3