Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688830 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#522340 Mar 18, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
For your next communication ---try going through "Mother Theresa" will ya!
Aaahahahahahahahah!
You fuching odiots slay me!
No KiDDING EITHER.
YOU ARE SUCH A HOOT!!!!!!!!
You are not following your instructions..when you can arrange words in such a fashion that you are making, at least, reasonable sense...get back to me..
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#522341 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving me 110% correct...Spoken like a true atheist.....bring fans and cool-aid...
You're pretending, dummy.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#522342 Mar 18, 2014
So, I'm looking for something to do with the new one.

I'm thinking Chen Yun and go to Ticketmaster expecting to be gouged.

Sure enough -- good seats -- nearly $200.

But worse -- you can't buy two tickets.

You have to buy three.

Fine maybe a double date -- four tickets.

Can't buy four -- have to buy five.

So I'm thinking the AmEx Concierge might be able to fix this. They can fix pert near everything.

But before I call, I Google these goons.

Turns out the show is put one by the rough equivalent of China's Fred Phelps and friends.

Guess it's gonna be dinner at the Sizzler.

Stay away.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#522343 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God created Adam....a man...God created Eve...a woman.....their sex relationship of a male and a female is as natural as the day is long.
God gave us organs designed for specific functions....the mouth is not a sex organ...neither is the opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal through which solid waste is eliminated from the body........to use them as sex organs is as wrong as rain....its unnatural...
Why am I not surprised that you don't know that!!!!????
Your confused by the word "unnatural". When you say 'unnatural' you are clearly implying secondary. The anus may primarily be the end of alimentary canal. But it most unquestionably is used secondarily for sexual activities. Similarly for the mouth, our hands, tits, elbows, vibrators ... whatever else people use to get it going.
For something to be unnatural it would have to not exist as part of nature on this beautiful world of ours. For instance heaven and hell, god and angels - all not part of this world are unnatural.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522344 Mar 18, 2014
This board PROVES one thing.

The Bible is full of ,contradictions upon which NO ONE can agree fully.

Some even cal each other names.

FOR EXAMPLE... Was Jesus' first sermon on a plain or a mount?

MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."

LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."

Is this single contradiction so important?

Are dozen more contradictions important?

No, because it's a delusion. Contradictions and absurdities must be blindly accepted.

Mine is the one true God.

Mine is a moral God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522345 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your trash speaks not of a third gender...
This is a proven scientific fact...
There are no genes for any other gender than male and female....there are lifestyles practiced that are against nature....its a choice....they were not "born that way"....genetically....
If you have proof that negates this teaching...get back to me...
You asked for the science and I provided. The science matches the logic.

No one chooses to be in such a hated minority.

You have found the Bible a great tool to use for your hatred. Many people share your view.

But in the end, this is just a topix board. Here you are just blowing off steam, lot's of puff and blow. That's so gay.

Maybe the one who protests the loudest.... ah, never mind.

Ramen :o)
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#522346 Mar 18, 2014
multitude are system and organization
how its look as dirty water

see

Luke is been wicket man as physician.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522347 Mar 18, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't help but butt in.
A Kentucky pastor, Jamie Coots, died after being bitten by a poisonous snake.
"On "Snake Salvation," the ardent Pentecostal believer said that he believed that a passage in the Bible suggests poisonous snakebites will not harm believers as long as they are anointed by God. The practice is illegal in most states, but still goes on, primarily in the rural South.
Coots was a third-generation "serpent handler" and aspired to one day pass the practice and his church, Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name, on to his adult son, Little Cody.
Snake-handling pastor dies after bite
'Serpent handler' killed by snakebite
Watch this pastor handle deadly snakes
Pastor dances with venomous snakes The National Geographic show featured Coots and cast handling all kinds of poisonous snakes -- copperheads, rattlers, cottonmouths. The channel's website shows a picture of Coots, goateed, wearing a fedora. "Even after losing half of his finger to a snake bite and seeing others die from bites during services," Coots "still believes he must take up serpents and follow the Holiness faith," the website says...."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/16/us/snake-salvat...
Guess he didn't have enough faith?
Anyway, this is what happens when verses are cherry picked out of the Bible and a whole new religion is manufactured.
I agree. Snake handling is just plain dumb.

You KNOW that despite what the Bible says, the faithful will die -- just like the unfaithful -- when handling poisonous snakes.

If the Bible were correct and no believers died from the practice, it would be the greatest verse in the Bible.

But alas, reality tells us the Bible is just plain wrong.

Many fine people of deep faith have die because the Bible is just plain wrong.

Or maybe god said.... "Oops, I didn't know good people would kill themselves because I wasn't clear."

Oops.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522348 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving me 100% correct.....
You are saying that based on the Bible not saying "Mary is a sinner"...Mary was not a sinner.....but, you are saying that even though the Bible does not say "Tango Bravo is a sinner"....you are a sinner.....
You are now my new height of stupidity...you beat the flea by a mile!!!!!
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?
You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.

When you can use intelligence instead of senseless sarcasm...get back to me..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522349 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing how you are an adulterer, liar, and a thief, what does your god say about that?
You don't set a very good example for the rest of us.
Forgive me.

How did you know?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#522350 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not following your instructions...
When you can put words together on any subject that has some intelligence..get back to me...
In other words you agree with Scripture that Jesus appointed Peter to lead in His place and that there is an unbroken line of leaders up to and including Pope Francis. Thanks for coming clean on this at last.
Have you considered ending your heresy so that you can rejoin the Catholic Church? You would be welcomed back.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#522351 Mar 18, 2014
there is one true church
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522352 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many faithful do...huh
Can you give me the list so I can see for myself because I don't believe you...thanks
That why it was made ILLEGAL in most states -- because no one was doing it.

Or you could google "snake handling." Still practiced openly in some places.

Mine is the only true God. My God says do NOT handle poisonous snakes for religious purposes.

My God makes sense.

You are jealous of my one true God. Your god gets jealous too. That's just plain silly, like snake handling.

Ramen

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522353 Mar 18, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
“Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one”(Job 14:4).
Are you saying that Jesus is unclean or are you saying that Mary is clean?
You and I are both sinners. The question at hand is where in Scripture does it say, "Mary is a sinner"? No where.
So you suppose Job was talking about Mary? You are the dumbest person on this forum. Mary is nothing more than a filthy sinner saved by grace. She was married had many more children after the birth of Jesus. She had lots of sex with Joseph her husband.

Matthew 1:24-25, 24 " Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 AND HE KNEW HER NOT "TILL" SHE HAD BROUGHT FORTH HER "FIRSTBORN" SON: and he called his name Jesus."

What does "till" mean? What does the statement "firstborn son" mean? Let's put it like this. I am the first born son in my family. I have siblings. Can they claim the term "first born"? How ignorant are you that you cannot understand black print on white paper?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#522354 Mar 18, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you agree with Scripture that Jesus appointed Peter to lead in His place and that there is an unbroken line of leaders up to and including Pope Francis. Thanks for coming clean on this at last.
Have you considered ending your heresy so that you can rejoin the Catholic Church? You would be welcomed back.
Scripture says the opposite so why would you believe that?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522355 Mar 18, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't control me. I chose to respond to her blatantly hypocritical post.
When did Jesus say to let that kind of thing go unchallenged?
Your anger is obvious. She makes you angry. That's control.

Does Jesus teach that you should become angry? Of course not.

God or not, Jesus was a wise dude. Why not listen to his words? Like what did he say were his most important teachings?

Is it just a delusion, or do Jesus' own words matter?

Ramen
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522356 Mar 18, 2014
The definition used for church on this forum is skewed. The "CHURCH" is a body of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The church is not Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist or any other denomination. The church is not led by a pope. The church, the body of believers in Jesus Christ IS LED BY JESUS CHRIST.

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ YOU ARE THE CHURCH.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522357 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: I believe your concept of a creator who "fails" or punishes the majority of its own creation, in large part based on where they were born -- is simply absurd.
It's not because of where you were born, it's because of a sin nature. Hey...look at you, you reject, you lust, lie, gossip, steal, and many other things in your lifetime, you should have no accountability??.....interesti ng.
You said: My one true God doesn't like anyone any less because they happen to be born and indoctrinated into Hinduism, or Islam, or Mormonism, or whatever.
*being born into something is irrelevant. We have to come to God on our own.
**your thinking is the only thing flawed friend...thanks
The vast majority who "come to god" as Protestants - were born and raised Protestant.

The vast majority who "come to god" as Catholics - were born and raised Catholic.

The vast majority who "come to god" as Jews - were born and raised Jewish.

Is one religion superior to another?

If you say "yes," then your god is absurd.

Ramen
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#522358 Mar 18, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
This board PROVES one thing.
The Bible is full of ,contradictions upon which NO ONE can agree fully.
Some even cal each other names.
FOR EXAMPLE... Was Jesus' first sermon on a plain or a mount?
MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."
LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."
Is this single contradiction so important?
Are dozen more contradictions important?
No, because it's a delusion. Contradictions and absurdities must be blindly accepted.
Mine is the one true God.
Mine is a moral God.
Ramen
The Bible contains ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRADICTIONS!

The contradictions you speak of lies in the human interpretation of Scripture. Not with the Scripture.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522359 Mar 18, 2014
OldJG wrote:
The definition used for church on this forum is skewed. The "CHURCH" is a body of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The church is not Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist or any other denomination. The church is not led by a pope. The church, the body of believers in Jesus Christ IS LED BY JESUS CHRIST.
If you are a believer in Jesus Christ YOU ARE THE CHURCH.
Christians are either (1) Catholic or (2) heretic.

Anything else is just political correctness.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web