Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665120 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

concerned in Brasil

Europe

#522165 Mar 18, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You my friend can believe and do what you want!!! Makes no difference to me or any other Catholic on this forum!!....I/we as Catholic ALL know the TRUTH of TRUE Church History during the past 2000 years ----AND--- the TRUE interpretation of the bible that was given to us in 382, 393 and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers who wrote it, compiled it and gave us the Canon of Scripture, over 1500 years ago!!!!......We as Catholics will "continue" -----(as billions and billions of other a Catholics has done for over 2000 years, who have gone before us (marked with the sign of faith). to continue to follow THE TRUTH of Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church ------Continuing to worship God in HIS WAY ------while you Protestants can continue to worship God---In you Own way!!!!!
Your rant is missing facts evidence logical, biblical or historical to back it up.
In other words you are only blowing hot air and your words of no substance.
You can claim the sky is yellow with purple and pink dots but that don't make it so.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522166 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
scriptures are for all Grams and please stop saying your parents are dumb just because they fell for it too. thanks
Do you pick up poisonous snakes to demonstrate your faith?

Many faithful do.

Did you become a eunuch for the sake of Heaven?

Some have, including early church fathers.

Are they fools for doing so, or are you a fool for ignoring the "word of God?"

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#522167 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
scriptures are for all Grams
UH HUH! Especially those scriptures about reincarnation. They are filled with joy for the dalai lama who believes he has one foot in Nirvana ... but not so much joy for the "untouchables" that are taught they will have to reincarnate countless times to be as "fortunate" as the dalai Lama.

Heaven for Chuck
Hell for June, unless June joins Chuck's religion.

That is what you would like me to believe.

It ain't gonna happen.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#522168 Mar 18, 2014
Mine is a moral God.

No anger or jealousy.

My God has ordered no one to be murdered or tortured.

My God doesn't teach us to hate anyone.

Not the kind of God that would be popular here, but so be it.

Ramen
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#522169 Mar 18, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
Mine is a moral God.
No anger or jealousy.
My God has ordered no one to be murdered or tortured.
My God doesn't teach us to hate anyone.
Not the kind of God that would be popular here, but so be it.
Ramen
Seeing how you are an adulterer, liar, and a thief, what does your god say about that?

You don't set a very good example for the rest of us.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#522170 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH! Especially those scriptures about reincarnation. They are filled with joy for the dalai lama who believes he has one foot in Nirvana ... but not so much joy for the "untouchables" that are taught they will have to reincarnate countless times to be as "fortunate" as the dalai Lama.
Heaven for Chuck
Hell for June, unless June joins Chuck's religion.
That is what you would like me to believe.
It ain't gonna happen.
Sorry Grams, I don't decide who goes to Hell. It's the same God your foolish parents believed in.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#522171 Mar 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Many faithful do.
Ramen
Many faithful do...huh

Can you give me the list so I can see for myself because I don't believe you...thanks

Prince George, Canada

#522172 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Grams, I don't decide who goes to Hell.
Then you should stop preaching ... don't ya think???

You might influence others with the wrong ideas about what your imaginary "god" believes.

Preaching that god does not love homosexuals was and is a vile thing to preach and it ought to be scrubbed clean out of people's minds.

I never allowed that thought in my mind in the first place.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#522173 Mar 18, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you agree with Scripture that Jesus appointed Peter to lead in His place and that there is an unbroken line of leaders up to and including Pope Francis. Thanks for coming clean on this at last.
Have you considered ending your heresy so that you can rejoin the Catholic Church? You would be welcomed back.
1 Cor 4

6Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other. 7For who regards you as superior? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?…

1 Corinthians 3:21
So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours,

Prince George, Canada

#522174 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
All things negative written in supposed holy books were written to frighten people and to in turn pit people against each other.
If a creator exists, it follows that the creator is a vile monster, unlike any other monster imaginable ... otherwise suffering of all forms of life would not exist.
So rather than live in fear, I prefer to believe that there is no creator and that suffering always existed in all forms of animal life as a natural part "of" life.
I just sent this one off to editors of local newspapers.

Some times other newspapers along the waypick up my letters as being worthy of publishing.

I want to influence people that fighting over who has the religious truth is counterproductive to striving for peace on earth.
anaillab

Pittsburgh, PA

#522175 Mar 18, 2014

Roman are just talking about a truth they never was-Roman a lie
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522176 Mar 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell posters what you believe and get upset when they disagree with your theology..........So what's your point?
Should everyone agree with you?
No, mostly I point out the illogical suppositions of others, especially the anti-Catholics.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#522177 Mar 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preaching that god does not love homosexuals
Your old age is showing Grams. I have never said this nor do I believe it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522178 Mar 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Then she controls you.
Where in your faith does Jesus teach respond in kind?
Why proclaim a faith you don't even attempt to follow?
Ramen
She doesn't control me. I chose to respond to her blatantly hypocritical post.
When did Jesus say to let that kind of thing go unchallenged?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522179 Mar 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not following your instructions...
If ever you happen to be able to use words that are of some intelligence...get back to me.....
Don't you worry bot. The only thing I [have] gotten from you, I had to scrape off my shoe.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522180 Mar 18, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!! Thus far, Lent has been a time of renewal and a re-commitment to growing more in faith, trust and commitment to Jesus Christ through his life, death and resurrection in preparation for His passion!...... The richness, depth, fullness, and over abounding completeness of the Catholic faith (each and every day) in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Church can "never" be duplicated, matched or compared" to my entire 35 years as a bible only Protestant---growing in the faith and salvation of Jesus Christ, who gave us His One True Church over 2000 years ago !!!....Blessings to you and your family during this season of Lent as we approach the Passion, death and resurrection of Christ!!!
I also grew up a Bible only Christian. Back then it was really unclear how to have a "personal relationship with Jesus", except by praying to Him and coming to church, nothing offered other than that and nothing required other than that. When I learned about the Catholic Church I was floored at all the many beautiful ways the Church offers to become more and more united with Christ, especially through the Sacraments of course. And there are special prayers and devotions, and learning about Him through the lives of the Saints. Following the Liturgical calender and its seasons is such a beautiful way to join into the rhythm of Jesus' life passion death and resurrection. As a Southern Baptist, it was a long bland stretch between Christmas and Easter and between Easter and Christmas. And they only got one day to celebrate each.
But I must say that I am deeply grateful for my protestant upbringing and would like to say that it's not so much that they are "wrong", it's just that there is so much more.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#522181 Mar 18, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
She is in a very small cramped dark place and the weird thing is it seems she wants to be there.
Anyway, I hope your Lent this year draws you even more closely to God.
There's a little screen that lets ya clean that lint stuff ought'a yer dryer y'know.....ya have lots less fires if ya do.

Prince George, Canada

#522182 Mar 18, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your old age is showing Grams. I have never said this nor do I believe it.
So you believe DO that homosexuals that have sex with their own genders WILL be welcomed into heaven???

I think you are a fibber.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#522183 Mar 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Many faithful do.
Did you become a eunuch for the sake of Heaven?
Some have, including early church fathers.
Are they fools for doing so, or are you a fool for ignoring the "word of God?"
Ramen
I couldn't help but butt in.

A Kentucky pastor, Jamie Coots, died after being bitten by a poisonous snake.

"On "Snake Salvation," the ardent Pentecostal believer said that he believed that a passage in the Bible suggests poisonous snakebites will not harm believers as long as they are anointed by God. The practice is illegal in most states, but still goes on, primarily in the rural South.

Coots was a third-generation "serpent handler" and aspired to one day pass the practice and his church, Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name, on to his adult son, Little Cody.

Snake-handling pastor dies after bite

'Serpent handler' killed by snakebite

Watch this pastor handle deadly snakes

Pastor dances with venomous snakes The National Geographic show featured Coots and cast handling all kinds of poisonous snakes -- copperheads, rattlers, cottonmouths. The channel's website shows a picture of Coots, goateed, wearing a fedora. "Even after losing half of his finger to a snake bite and seeing others die from bites during services," Coots "still believes he must take up serpents and follow the Holiness faith," the website says...."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/16/us/snake-salvat...

Guess he didn't have enough faith?

Anyway, this is what happens when verses are cherry picked out of the Bible and a whole new religion is manufactured.

Prince George, Canada

#522184 Mar 18, 2014
I prefer that homosexuals stay away from the books that inflict pain on their emotions and that the homosexuals believe they are whole and loveable just as they are.

BIBLE ALERT ... homosexuals stay away ... as the bible will harm you if you read the words and believe that they are true.

I suggest that no god exists or ever existed that wanted you stoned to death.

Those words were written by men that in VAIN took upon their selves the haughty title of theologian ... when all they were was arrogant philosophers of ill intent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) 15 hr Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Thu Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Wed Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web