Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589537 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#521551 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Medical science can curtail a certain amount of suffering, but because we keep reproducing comparable to horny rabbits ... we keep reproducing the suffering.
The only way to end human suffering is to stop reproducing. And sexual lust is just way too much fun ... at least for those who enjoy it.
"Medical science can curtail a certain amount of suffering"
So can you June, but you do not want to go there because you did not have parents that eased your suffering, and you still bear that scar. You wear it like a medal of honor.
You are a herd mentality creature June. Your sharing their pain makes it easier for them to bear, just as you know your pain is easier to bear when someone gives you an ear and sympathy.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#521552 Mar 16, 2014
Study their avatars and you "might" see their intentions.

Robert F was the first poster in 2006 with which I conversed on any thread of the forum. After he had a short stint with Atheism and then re-converted to Catholicism, he seemed to disappear.

However, this poster showed up on different threads where I was posting with the avatar "Human being." Well the posts were of the same flavor as that of Robert F, and so it finally came out with some nudging from me that Robert F was hiding behind the avatar "Human being."

Why were you being deceptive Robert F?

{{{smiles}}}

{{{Peace}}}

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#521553 Mar 16, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
First, we're speaking of plagiarism. That is distinct from infringement. Infringement is actionable at law, plagiarism is not, unless it also represents infringement, as it sometimes does. Plagiarism is solely about honesty, not law. But on a side note, the dishonestly of plagiarism has landed more than one professional in hot water with that professional's licensing board.
As I noted before, Shakespeare cannot be infringed but he can be plagiarized. And tho Shakespeare cannot sue me for infringement if I ripoff his words, my licensing board can punish me for the dishonesty of having done so.
Second, to your point about litigation regarding the theft of words, Christians have sued Christians over the matter:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case...
That is an infringement case - there was no misrepresentation regarding authorship, merely a theft of credited words.
Guess those folks weren't "true" Christians, eh?
Still think...since no one pays anyone for a post on topix...the whole argument is moot.
We are all voicing our opinions ..And may have reached them from the words,of another..
There are no monetary damages.
Slander and libel against another poster in a,personal manner,
is a whole other ball of wax..And illegal.and imo immoral in so many ways..and against Topix POS.

Posting a,quote..dragging quotes,from other threads,..etc.. that has,been changed is,also against TOS. if quoting someone's,post ..one should reference that also....as some persons here like to post false quotes...
If it does NOT have a reference ...I disregard it ...as,I know,it happens

Though I agree sourcing is good intellectually..and let's,one look up the context ..I doubt it's,plagiarism as far as,topix is,concerned ...

I mean seriously ...half the websites,out there are,OPINION..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521554 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you do not know, one is left to wonder why you argue as if there is only one.
One is wondering why you restrict your search to a linear single sided approach to find this reality, no matter how many there are.
Closed minds like yours are not open to finding reality and truth June. You have already preconcluded what is and is not, without even using the tools you were born with to discover what truth is. You have closed the door on possibility, and are feeding your anger and hatred of how you were raised instead.
You speak of being unable, as a homo sapien, to change what nature made, but refuse to use what nature gave you to even try. Pathetic.
"Pathetic"

Speaking of parents, is that how your parents raised you to address others?

All because she wrote: "I don't know. I suggest you tell us your opinion."

HELLO! Someone asked for your opinion. And you opened up your soul for all to see.

That post is a keeper, Jesus-like in every respect (tongue in cheek :o)!

A god or not, so-called Christians should give Jesus more respect than that.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521555 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poppycock.
LIFE = one way ticket to death.
THE biggest cause of death kid.
Are you afraid of life son?
Read the whole post again and see if you grasp it now.
OK, June was right. 12.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521556 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"Medical science can curtail a certain amount of suffering"
So can you June, but you do not want to go there because you did not have parents that eased your suffering, and you still bear that scar. You wear it like a medal of honor.
You are a herd mentality creature June. Your sharing their pain makes it easier for them to bear, just as you know your pain is easier to bear when someone gives you an ear and sympathy.
Just like Lucy in Peanuts, the doctor is in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Fort Saint James, Canada

#521557 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sharing their pain makes it easier for them to bear, just as you know your pain is easier to bear when someone gives you an ear and sympathy.
It doesn't make the physical pain easier to bear. Tell a starving baby that my empathy makes a difference and see if that baby cares.

The baby wants milk to feed his/her stomach ... period.

Survival of the fittest.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#521558 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You say it does not matter what it meant and then to validate that you are correct, you say the opposite.
Shoot yourself in the foot much kid?
Words mean things Einstein. What did the word mean at the time it was translated? Does it mean the same thing today?
geesh Louise you are nothing short of an idiot. Okay, so what I said, it doesn't matter what the word meant when it was translated, but what it meant when it was written was specifically in reference to the Bible in particular the KJV.

Your book of mythology is opento many interpretations, in fact there are a bunch of wack jobs who are still re-inventing it to this day.

what the ancient Hebrew text meant when it was written is often at odds at what Christians interpreted it to mean paricularly the KJV
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521559 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Robert F was the first poster in 2006 with which I conversed on any thread of the forum. After he had a short stint with Atheism and then re-converted to Catholicism, he seemed to disappear.
However, this poster showed up on different threads where I was posting with the avatar "Human being." Well the posts were of the same flavor as that of Robert F, and so it finally came out with some nudging from me that Robert F was hiding behind the avatar "Human being."
{{{smiles}}}
{{{Peace}}}
They are embarrassed by being forced to defend their immoral, murderous gods.

Come to the one true God Junith. My God doesn't get angry or jealous.

Don't let their delusional gods sway you from the ONE.

Ramen

Location hidden

#521560 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your age???
Irrelevant.
Personal.
None of your business.

Location hidden

#521561 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
{{{smiles}}}
{{{Peace}}}
There's a lot of ghosts and spirits and goblins in your closet huh June.

If one "studies" anything as you do, including avatars, it is no wonder why you are so paranoid and wrong.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#521562 Mar 16, 2014
Preachers preach that they care about others.

Judge Mathis (the devout Christian television Judge) stated that there are as many crooks in churches as there are in bars.

He often sees them in his court-room, so he ought to know.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#521563 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Legal Ramifications of Plagiarism
Although plagiarism is not a criminal or civil offense, plagiarism is illegal if it infringes an author's intellectual property rights, including copyright or trademark. For example, the owner of a copyright can sue a plagiarizer in federal court for copyright violation. The plagiarist in turn may have to pay the copyright owner of the plagiarized works the amount he or she actually lost because of the infringement, in addition to paying attorney's fees.
http://www.legalzoom.com/intellectual-propert...
Bam!

Fort Saint James, Canada

#521564 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
Personal.
None of your business.
You are hiding behind your avatar ... because you CAN!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#521565 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
Personal.
None of your business.
I'm betting s/he's this many.

Location hidden

#521566 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't make the physical pain easier to bear. Tell a starving baby that my empathy makes a difference and see if that baby cares.
Survival of the fittest.
"It doesn't make the physical pain easier to bear."
Bullshit! June. You ever hear of endorphins?

"Survival of the fittest." What? Does that have to do with anything concerning pain and the reduction thereof through comraderie?

Location hidden

#521567 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hiding behind your avatar ... because you CAN!
Really? Oh my.
<rolls eyes>
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#521568 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Survival of the fittest.
Good Sunday to you June!

I put your name on our prayer list at church this morning.

Take that!

Fort Saint James, Canada

#521569 Mar 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
They are embarrassed by being forced to defend their immoral, murderous gods.
All preachers of religion believe they are qualified to speak from divine guidance.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven Ö Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Itís not easy to embarrass a theologian.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521570 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Survival of the fittest.
Yes. And the poster proved it.

Consider -- he/she became very angry, called you names, and then brought your parents into the fray! How much lower does it get really?

But Why?

As is the case of many weak of faith, when you asked about the young poster's opinion on the supernatural (which the poster still avoids describing), you challenged his/her emotional survival. The response was a knee jerk, live or die attack - on not only you, but your parents.

The poster's reaction is almost certainly due to the Primacy Effect.

Come to the lite Junith.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 12 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition 23 hr Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web