Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683856 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#521615 Mar 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was very handy for theologians to claim that the gods were and are invisible.
Scientists can't prove them wrong.
Nonsense June.
Dark matter is invisible too. Science proved it's existence by proxy observation.
Try again.

On the other hand, you said "scientists" and not "science" You have a point June. SOME scientists are incapable of applying science in it's pure form.

Location hidden

#521616 Mar 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can prove a negative, e.g. something like "No God can possibly exist."
Nor is there any proof of any religious supernatural claim.
Except mine.
Ramen
"Nor is there any proof of any religious supernatural claim."

Boy, if anything, you are certainly consistant in your inconsistency.
You have claimed repeatedly that God "can not be proved either way".
Which I have challanged every time, because you are incorrect.

^That^ is more accurate.

"Except mine."
OK, I'll bite. Show me your scientific proof that God exists.

Location hidden

#521617 Mar 16, 2014
What did Jesus say was his most important teaching?
(silence)
No one pays attention, because deep inside, they know.
Mine is the one true God.
Ramen
He said His most important teaching is for mankind to understand that pride is the biggest downfall of man.

You were saying?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#521618 Mar 16, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> I have decided to stop explaining my sexual orientation to these.......... well never mind but I will say this,you have never heard me promote homosexuality on this forum and if you claim that I have then I submit that you are a liar and the truth ain't in you.
I will say this to you so called Christians that are whiskey bent and hellbound,you bunch of self righteous hypocrites......I WAS BORN A HOMOSEXUAL. If that statement bothers you then submit it to prayer.
According to you Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy were BORN MURDERERS. Right?

According to you John Dillinger and Jesse James were BORN THIEVES. Right?

All of these aforementioned people CHOSE to be what they became. Just as YOU "CHOSE" to be a HOMOSEXUAL. God did not make you nor were you born a homosexual.

God does not make mistakes but His creation does. Don't ever forget that.

Your attempt to justify your homosexual perversion by as an act of God is truly an abomination. Actually it grieves the Holy Spirit as well. What does the Bible teach about "grieving the Holy Spirit"?

Apparently all the time you spent reading the Bible was a waste of time. Do you realize the Bible is not a book you read. The Bible is a book that reads you.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521619 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
He said His most important teaching is for mankind to understand that pride is the biggest downfall of man.
You were saying?
Sorry, I thought you were Christian.

Try these

29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521620 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, if anything, you are certainly consistant in your inconsistency.
You have claimed repeatedly that God "can not be proved either way".
Which I have challanged every time, because you are incorrect.
^That^ is more accurate.
"Except mine."
Boing! Another pubic hair spring forth.

So tell us how your god can be proven.

Location hidden

#521621 Mar 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Wrong again. This time about the term "projecting" as it applies to psychology.
If you can't understand the Atomic Chart (which I'm sure is the case), then you can't possibly understand the one true God.
So tell us, does your so-called god have human emotions just like you?
How many people has your so-called god directed to be murdered?
You have no basis for morality, thus no basis to understand.
No? Then tell us about your god. A god of the Bible maybe?
I get it. Embarrassing!
"If you can't understand the Atomic Chart (which I'm sure is the case), then you can't possibly understand the one true God."

Since when is being a member of the Mensa Society a prerequisite for spirituality?

You talk down to people all the time Delusions. You are just another schmo just like us all.

Location hidden

#521622 Mar 16, 2014
<quoted text>
A statement affirming a fundamental misunderstanding about science and the scientific method:
"Does current science say God exists?"
Why not do a little research into how science operates? What scientific theory begins with the assumption of a supernatural cause?
In short, true science doesn't concern itself with supernatural causes and effects.
But what does a rock know about science?
Ramen
"What scientific theory begins with the assumption of a supernatural cause?"
The ones you ignore Delusions.

Was there just cause to "assume" that dark matter exists?
What makes that any different?

I am aware of how science is set up to operate Delusions. What is sad is that many , like you , short circuit the method at will, to further their own causes.

Show me your proof that your God exists.

"In short, true science doesn't concern itself with supernatural causes and effects."
That is pure horseshit Delusions.
What is science to concern itself with if not to explore the possibilities of what is natural OR "supernatural"? What would be it's function sir? To hoodwink even more souls than "religon" already has?
What is the function of science if folks like you neuter it from the get go sir?
What is natural Delusions? Is not everything "natural" if it exists at all? Even your delusions are natural Delusions.

Location hidden

#521624 Mar 16, 2014
<quoted text>
"So tell us how your god can be proven." Delusions.
You are the only one who has claimed that yours can be scientifically proven sir.
Go ahead. Make your case.

Why would I wish to make your case for you?
YOUR claim. YOUR burden to prove sir.

Location hidden

#521625 Mar 16, 2014
Delusions wrote <quoted text>"Except mine."
Aquarius-WY wrote <quoted text>
<quoted text>
<rolls eyes>

Location hidden

#521626 Mar 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Try these
29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Ramen
You have trouble drawing things together and melting them down to the common denominator sir.
PRIDE is bad. That is the message. It is the underlying message in all your offerings up ^there^.

You were saying?

Location hidden

#521627 Mar 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Open your mind to the freedom of thought and inquiry.
Open your entire being to possibility. You place too much pride and importance in your own constructs of the mind sir.

Location hidden

#521628 Mar 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Does having knowledge of what Christians are taught make you a Christian?
Ask June if you get stuck on the question.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#521629 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense June.
Dark matter is invisible too. Science proved it's existence by proxy observation.
Try again.
On the other hand, you said "scientists" and not "science" You have a point June. SOME scientists are incapable of applying science in it's pure form.
Theologians claim that they can prove that their own gods are real and that other gods are false.

I suggest it takes more than man-created stories in supposed holy books to prove that gods exist.

If the scientists in the Vatican can prove "through scientific means" (not words in the bible) that a god exists, I suggest they are indeed able to create miracles.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#521630 Mar 16, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not make you nor were you born a homosexual.
You KNOW that because of the bible homosexuals have been put to death, and still you carry on preaching words that cause harm against homosexuals.

Some day I suggest you will recognize that words in a bible were intended by theologians for theologians to use as playthings to in turn bully others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#521631 Mar 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Try these
Ramen
Yet according to the same Catholic theologians Jesus agreed with ADONAI that the Jews deserved to be slayed for not becoming Catholic.

The Catholic authors of the new testament plagiarized ADONAI's supposed words concerning that the Jews were HIS favorite few.

Did the Jews lie, or did the Catholics lie ... or did they both lie when they wrote their own theologies?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#521632 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Does having knowledge of what Christians are taught make you a Christian?
If you ask the Christians ... they will all tell you that they are the REAL Christians, and htat those who disagree with them are fakes.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#521633 Mar 16, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always t-mail me if you need help.
I can fix lots of stuff.
Not everything.
I'll be ok now.....Thanks friend.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#521634 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You place too much pride and importance in your own constructs of the mind sir.
And you perceive that YOU don't ... HUH???

Joker.

We all favor our own points of view. Otherwise we would not BE on the forum.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#521635 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You were saying?
And I suggest that there is more lustful pride in theologians that claim to know truth, than any other group of humans in existence.

By the way ... do you believe you are a theologian???

I suggest you keep in mind that the word theology means to study religion ... not claim to know the answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web