Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#521136 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Seven Mysteries of Life … Exploration in Science and Philosophy … Guy Murchie.
Spiritual Evolution
By 1838 there were but 14 capital crimes left in England, with both the pillory and public hangings abolished, and the fresh breeze of humaneness advanced inexorably through the nineteenth century. One of it’s most significant steps, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, had been founded in 1824 being, so far as is known, the first consciously organized action taken by any species of life on Earth solely for the benefit of other species.
I question YOU! I question your motives.I question your facts.And I question your sanity!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#521137 Mar 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>6 It is useless to fast from food, protests St. Basil, and yet to indulge in cruel criticism and slander:'You do not eat meat, but you devour your brother'. 7 The same point is made in the Triodion, especially during the first week of Lent:
As we fast from food, let us abstain also from every passion...
Let us observe a fast acceptable and pleasing to the Lord.
True fasting is to put away all evil,
To control the tongue, to forbear from anger,
To abstain from lust, slander, falsehood and perjury.
If we renounce these things, then is our fasting true and acceptable to God.
Let us keep the Fast not only by refraining from food,
But by becoming strangers to all the bodily passions. 8
The inner significance of fasting is best summed up in the triad: prayer, fasting, almsgiving. Divorced from prayer and from the reception of the holy sacraments, unaccompanied by acts of compassion, our fasting becomes pharisaical or even demonic. It
http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith/ourfaith9199
Amen and GOD bless.....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#521138 Mar 14, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
.......Tell your friend to quit throwing stones.
----------
Michael, I thought you were smarter than that. All Sere did was post a summary of Isaiah, which tells people how to fast in a way that pleases God. The saint she quoted said (very well) that it does no good to abstain from eating meat if one is going to 'devour their brother'. It was a very good post, and nothing vile about it.
My friend was wise. He was not criticizing the stone thrower, nor was he advising that we throw stones. He simply noted that the 'dog' that yelps was the one that got hit.
The poster to Sere proved him/herself to be a 'devourer of the brethren.
KayMarie
Topix topix

Mirror Mirror

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#521139 Mar 14, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> God wants us to pray and fast.. Maybe your hubby wouldn't have a weight problem and neither would you. All you have to do is walk away from the BK.
KNIT...
Good grief...do you EVER actually Read a,post from those you despise...
She was NOT saying don't ever fast....and quoting one of YOUR CHURCH'S saints.

And you have NO IDEA,what anyone looks,like...nor the right to insult them.

Try rereading her post ...IT WAS ABOUT ABSTAINING FROM HURTING OTHERS,along with fasting from food...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#521140 Mar 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I am unworthy to ask forgiveness for myself, O Lord, for many times have I promised to repent and proved myself a liar by not fulfilling my promise. Thou hast picked me up many times already, but every time I freely chose to fall again. Therefore I condemn myself and admit that I deserve all manner of punishment.
How many times hast Thou enlightened my darkened mind; yet every time I return again to base thoughts! My whole body trembles when I contemplate this; yet every time sinful sensuality reconquers me. How shall I recount all the gifts of Thy grace, O Lord, that I the pitiful one have received? Yet I have reduced them all to nothing by my apathy — and I continue on in this manner. Thou has bestowed upon me thousands of gifts, yet miserable me, I offer in return things repulsive to Thee.
Yet Thou, O Lord, inasmuch as Thou containest a sea of longsuffering and an abyss of kindness, do not allow me to be felled as a fruitless fig tree; and do not let me be burned without having ripened on the field of life. Snatch me not away unprepared; seize not me who have not yet lit my lamp; take not away me who have no wedding garment; but, because Thou art good and the lover of mankind, have mercy on me. Give me time to repent, and place not my soul stripped naked before Thy terrible and unwavering throne as a pitiful spectacle of infamy.
If a righteous man can barely be saved, then where will I end up, I who am lawless and sinful? If the path that leads to life is strait and narrow, then how can I be granted such good things, I who live a life of luxury, indulging in my own pleasures and dissipation? But Thou, O Lord, my Saviour, Son of the true God, as Thou knowest and desirest it, by Thy grace alone, freely turn me away from the sin that abides in me and save me from ruin. Amen!
Home
About Us
About Orthodoxy
Services & Calendar
Help for Seekers
From the Pastor
Driving Directions
Special Events
Book Store
Administration
Contact Information
http://www.holytrinityorthodoxchurch.org/load...
Lovely prayer

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#521141 Mar 14, 2014
Amen
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#521142 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you left the Catholic religion, have you ever considered joining another religion?
NO!!!!!!!

....Organized religion divides people. Posts on this forum proves that.

...Religion makes people self righteous. I understand there are those that like the togetherness of others, and some because they are lonely, the waxy candle and burning incense smells, the expensive stain glass, oak paneling, gold chalices, the aura of the overwhelming size of the building, and men dressing in customary garb.

...Do I really know what happened 2,000 years ago? No and neither do those who claim they do.

....Do I really know what happens after we die? No and neither do those who claim they do.

....There are those that continually talk about places called heaven and hell but none of them can even guess where they are, or how they are suppose to be there.,........but they all claim they are all going.

......however, there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#521143 Mar 14, 2014
In the name of Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we bind your body, soul and spirit to the will and purposes of God for your life. We bind your mind and emotions to the will of God. We bind your mind to the mind of Christ that the very thoughts, feelings and purposes of the heart of Christ would be within your thoughts.

We bind your feet to the paths of righteousness that your steps would be steady and sure. We bind you to the work of the cross with all of its mercy, grace, love, forgiveness and dying to self.

We loose every old, wrong, ungodly pattern of thinking, attitude, idea, desire, belief, motivation, habit and behavior from you. We tear down, crush, smash and destroy every stronghold in your life that has been justifying and harboring hard feelings against anyone. We loose the strongholds of unforgivness and distrust from you.

We loose the power and effects of deceptions and lies from you. We loose the confusion and blindness of the god of this world from your mind that has kept you from seeing the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We call forth every precious Word of Scripture that has ever entered your mind and heart that it would rise up in power within you.

In the Name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we loose the power and effects of any harsh or hard words and word curses spoken to, about or by you. We loose all effects and bondages from you that may have been caused by mistakes you have made. Father, in the Name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we crush, smash and destroy generational bondages of any kind from mistakes made at any point between generations. We destroy them right here, right now!! They will no longer bind and curse members of your family.

We bind the strong man, satan, that we may spoil his house, taking back every material and spiritual possession he has wrongly taken from you. We loose the enemy's influence over every part of your body, soul and spirit. We loose, crush, smash and destroy every evil device satan may try to bring into your sphere of influence. We bind and loose these things in Jesus Name. He has given us the keys and authority to do so. Thank you Lord for Your truth. Amen.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#521144 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't only admit to knowing that a god exists ... but you also claim to know the mind of the god.
Yet you believe you are not arrogant???
I perceive that you are VERY arrogant.
What happened to your theology that the god is beyond all human understanding?
Get help.....you have no idea what this means: Da pope say:
truth

Perth, Australia

#521146 Mar 14, 2014
very funny that one going to be save..other which pool me in not..

why

no i been clean as you see pure water

no any dirt from that graveyards do nothing to me
my mind recorded perfectly..if if if i can call that dream on that time years ago
no

its as trasported as tepaticly...

why in london on small old private cemetery similar like that

there is not ordinary people
noooooooooo

as well i don't notice they change in animals way looking..everything from humans..yee

what that person practising..i don't know

i remember i been extrimly strong yeeeeeeeee

no makac i seek save another soul when another person appier near me i call ..yee i say sweet jesus save that part of graveyard..yee that soul..

no i don't look dirty
pureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

why bring me there
where rich people reside

maybe not ..maybe they practicing upon that graveyards or someone play extremely deadly game

no no no no no

i am fine

Sweet Jesus I love you.

Thanks for that day.

Could you imagine that graveyard and alive soul in..which sort of that.

How you call that?

Who practicing what?
truth

Perth, Australia

#521147 Mar 14, 2014
sveti grob=holy sepulchre
truth

Perth, Australia

#521148 Mar 14, 2014
yes beyond human understanding

no

very interesting i never been scare
why
I don't know

-don't be affraid

seee

sveti grob

o isuse spasitelju moj
koji si iz svog tijela za moju ljubav svoju svetu krv prolio

o isuse moj i sve progonjene duse koje trpite progonstvo i siromastvo dragovoljno za spasenje cijelog svijeta

ti koji nosish svetu vjeru svetoj crkvi
izmoly 5x3 ime svetih i najsvetijih stvari za 15 minuta 3x5 svetih i najsvetih stvari govori nonstop prije spavanja ti ces primiti odgovor

ako si cista dusa koja boga nekusha

moli se i neboj se svojih protivnika

pa ako me smrt nije mogla u grob ugrabiti jer je onaj koji je najsvetiji nije dopustion
pa sta ce ti te propale diplome od fotokopiranih institucija..
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#521149 Mar 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Get help.....you have no idea what this means: Da pope say:
As long as people keep responding to this oxymoron, who is in complete denial of anything or anyone out side of her own consciousness of how they think or feel, she will hang around here on this thread.
Making herself seem wise she has become a what, "A FOOL" TALKING TO A FOOL OR ARGUING WITH A FOOL, MAKES US WHAT???
truth

Perth, Australia

#521150 Mar 14, 2014
its very interesting
i alwayes look pure
not any clolor no

Are you sure I am wrong?

see
they think they can hide..not no no no not even in graveyards..no

cuje cuje cuje jeshuje jeshuje jeshuje svetog hrama hrama hrama abrahama abrahama abrahama isusu isusu isusu

cuje cuje cuje
truth

Perth, Australia

#521151 Mar 14, 2014
when you see djeco them you can read them see face then you know everything..horrible this world think god did not know how this world operated ..very sad corrupt mind.
truth

Perth, Australia

#521152 Mar 14, 2014
Why cemetery not exist Lto from Canada..very sad?

you can find every secrets of them..
yee
Are you scare not know secrets of biggest liars and manipulators of world as well parallels world which they created?

oh oh oh is that interesting

I agree its not very interesting play godly rich-full way.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#521153 Mar 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
In the name of Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we bind your body, soul and spirit to the will and purposes of God for your life. We bind your mind and emotions to the will of God. We bind your mind to the mind of Christ that the very thoughts, feelings and purposes of the heart of Christ would be within your thoughts.
We bind your feet to the paths of righteousness that your steps would be steady and sure. We bind you to the work of the cross with all of its mercy, grace, love, forgiveness and dying to self.
We loose every old, wrong, ungodly pattern of thinking, attitude, idea, desire, belief, motivation, habit and behavior from you. We tear down, crush, smash and destroy every stronghold in your life that has been justifying and harboring hard feelings against anyone. We loose the strongholds of unforgivness and distrust from you.
We loose the power and effects of deceptions and lies from you. We loose the confusion and blindness of the god of this world from your mind that has kept you from seeing the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We call forth every precious Word of Scripture that has ever entered your mind and heart that it would rise up in power within you.
In the Name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we loose the power and effects of any harsh or hard words and word curses spoken to, about or by you. We loose all effects and bondages from you that may have been caused by mistakes you have made. Father, in the Name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we crush, smash and destroy generational bondages of any kind from mistakes made at any point between generations. We destroy them right here, right now!! They will no longer bind and curse members of your family.
We bind the strong man, satan, that we may spoil his house, taking back every material and spiritual possession he has wrongly taken from you. We loose the enemy's influence over every part of your body, soul and spirit. We loose, crush, smash and destroy every evil device satan may try to bring into your sphere of influence. We bind and loose these things in Jesus Name. He has given us the keys and authority to do so. Thank you Lord for Your truth. Amen.
powerful words! Exorcism stuff?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#521154 Mar 14, 2014
truth wrote:
when you see djeco them you can read them see face then you know everything..horrible this world think god did not know how this world operated ..very sad corrupt mind.
I hope you can't read MY mind sweety.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521155 Mar 14, 2014
I have just discovered that I have been chosen.

More later.

Thank you Great One. I will do my best to be worthy.

Ramen
truth

Perth, Australia

#521156 Mar 14, 2014
not interesting go futher with my diploma or compite anyone
robotic innovation is deference which they try lead future beyong future

its not far away no

you don't need travel when you did not know how
why you need be interesting when entire universe can be less then child marble

why i need know about anyone
noooo

i wrote that you can read what people practicing upon good souls of others

What a shame from you give that answer?

see
its been private rich cemetry in London...
ohhh

its empty graveyards i mean not mounument just recless graveyards in ground near another as well not to much..i can say neglected too..but in better condition..yee that one on my words when i notice another person near me as jesus look i say like that tall person..save that soul from that graveyards..its start dig dig dig so quick..i pool myself clean pure not aloud in..no..

now

Did I am interesting for you
nooooo

why should be

i am not interesting for anyone
no

its private rich cemetery with small old church

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Cultastic 9,185
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 23 hr Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Fri Tom Jones 1
More from around the web