Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646364 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#521274 Mar 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting.
I don't care what you believe. I am simply stating a proven fact. Mine is the one true God.
Why does that bother you?
Ramen
Interesting to be sure.
Prove it then. You have been chomping at the bit to make your case. Go ahead. Give it a go.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#521275 Mar 15, 2014
Since I've been on the forum, I've read every religious con-job going.

The latest one seem to be "I'm not religious ... I'm spiritual." And it is stated as though being spiritual is "far" superior to simply being religious. They want to believe they are in deed "highly" gifted new age spiritual leaders.

I don't buy it.

Location hidden

#521276 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it soooooo important to you that others believe as you do?
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting.
Incorrect. A projection is a statement, an outgoing "projection".
A question is an incoming request for information from you.
It is an opportunity for you to save face and counter intelligently. Give it a go sometime.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#521277 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question June.
However, does it not stand to reason that if there exists a higher intelligence or supreme being (however one wishes to define it), then the understanding of a human would be less than the source of understanding itself?
The source of understanding would be the human, goofy.

What's in your head, child?

Prince George, Canada

#521278 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question June.
However, does it not stand to reason that if there exists a higher intelligence or supreme being (however one wishes to define it), then the understanding of a human would be less than the source of understanding itself?
If I believed there was a superior intelligence ... of course.

But how can you believe that a superior intelligence exists as a creator, and at the same time believe it would stoop so low as to create all animals to a servitude of ongoing suffering ... and still not believe the intelligence to be malevolent???

I refuse to believe in the existence of such a monster.

Prince George, Canada

#521279 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What did "meek" mean at the time it was translated from original text June.
I have no idea what the author meant to express when the word meek was translated. I wasn't in the author's mindset.

Location hidden

#521281 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
On the other hand, all those Politicians back then knew that if they stated they were Atheists or even Agnostics, they would have been cast out of all circles immediately and vilified as offenders of "God."
And the same fits today.
Politicians (for the most part) have to claim they are Christian, or they will miss the boat ... er I should state that they will miss the "VOTE."
"Politicians (for the most part) have to claim they are Christian, or they will miss the boat ... er I should state that they will miss the "VOTE." "
Not any more dear. Did you miss the last two voting cycles?
All a politician need do these days is promise the masses a bigger piece of the people's treasury. The Hispanic immigrant and inner city black victim vote is all the rage today.

Religon ... especially Christianity is old hat and being denigrated now. You are on their bandwagon helping bring it down too.

Again June, are religon and spirituality the same thing?
Again June, what does current science say about God? Does current science say God exists?

Prince George, Canada

#521282 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"universe"?
Interesting choice or word there.
If there is nothing except this life in this dimension as you have claimed,
I never stated that there is nothing except this life in this dimension.

Those are your words.

Location hidden

#521283 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Correct Philosophy
If Jesus wasn't a Catholic ... that means he WAS faithful to Judaism.
Oh poppycock.
It ONLY means that he was not Catholic.

Your two dimensional thinking cap is getting old dear. Take it off and see if you really CAN be objective.
I doubt it, but give it a whirl anyway June.

Prince George, Canada

#521284 Mar 15, 2014
I have no idea about life in other dimensions, so why would I want to pretend that I do know answers one way or the other?

I want my imagination to stay at least somewhat grounded ... not flying off in all directions in the pretense that I've been everywhere and know everything.

I'll leave that to those in religion.

When my time comes to die ... I will learn soon enough if there are other dimensions. But until then I don't intend to brag that I know what my future holds in store. I have other places to apply my arrogance.

Location hidden

#521285 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
A perfect creator would create perfection ... or the creator could not BE perfect ... and
OBJECTION:

Assumes facts not in evidence.
Conjecture.
Horse puckey.
Projection.
Assumption.
Opinion.
Reversed anthropomorphism.

BUNKOLOGY !!!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#521286 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it soooooo important to you that others believe as you do?
<quoted text>
Incorrect. A projection is a statement, an outgoing "projection".
A question is an incoming request for information from you.
It is an opportunity for you to save face and counter intelligently. Give it a go sometime.
Please provide a credible source that claims interrogatories can't involve projection.

Location hidden

#521287 Mar 15, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The source of understanding would be the human, goofy.
What's in your head, child?
The thoughts and concepts which went right over yours dear.

Prince George, Canada

#521288 Mar 15, 2014
God ... "So ... you were willing to worship me in the belief that I would punish others for not believing in me HUH??? And you think you deserve a reward for that belief??? You really ARE dumb, aren't you?"

tongue in cheek

Location hidden

#521289 Mar 15, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
wow another Jim Frist, able to make a diagnosis with out even meeting the patient. Not sure why you asked what science says about god, as you obviously think you are that all knowing omniscient being.
Boy what a MAROON
"you obviously think you are that all knowing omniscient being."

Well then something is "obvious" to you which does not exist kid.

"Not sure why you asked what science says about god"
Now ^THAT^ is obvious.

How about addressing the question yourself and find out kid?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#521290 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"Politicians (for the most part) have to claim they are Christian, or they will miss the boat ... er I should state that they will miss the "VOTE." "
Not any more dear. Did you miss the last two voting cycles?
All a politician need do these days is promise the masses a bigger piece of the people's treasury. The Hispanic immigrant and inner city black victim vote is all the rage today.?
Unlike say the politician who promises to
1 defend the institution of marriage as that between one man and one woman
2. defend the right to display christian symbols on gov't and public property
3. enact laws that dictate what medical procedures a woman can and cannot have
4. enact laws to restrict private insurance companies from providing specific services to women
5. defend the right of public school's to have christian organized prayers
6. defend the right of public school's to teach religious dogma to students and call it creation science
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Again June, what does current science say about God? Does current science say God exists?
as the existance of a god cannot be proven, it doesn't bother with it.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#521291 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
The thoughts and concepts which went right over yours dear.
You're babbling, child.

Now please identify evidence of human understanding from a source other than the human.

Location hidden

#521292 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians claim that the so-called founding fathers were all Christian.
In name that is true, as all of them claimed to be Protestant.
But if you read their words, they were not serious about their religion. They simply needed the title "religious" to be elected to office.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
James Madison [1751-1836] American president and political theorist. Popularly known as the "Father of the Constitution." More than any other framer he is responsible for the content and form of the First Amendment. also see 'First Amendment' section of the 'Law & Government' section
"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution."
"In no instance have ... the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people."
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."
What's your point?
That the words "endowed by their Creator" in the DOI is offensive to you and that our unalienable rights were written into existence and not an innate natural born possession?

Prince George, Canada

#521293 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poppycock.
It ONLY means that he was not Catholic.
According to you would Jesus have been a Gnostic aligned to your new age spiritual "leadings?"

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are aligned to the pure and unadulterated teachings of Jehovah ... yet they claim to be Christian ... not Jew as in Judaism.

:)

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#521294 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"universe"?
Interesting choice or word there.
If there is nothing except this life in this dimension as you have claimed, then one is left to wonder what "justice" you are looking for from the universe. Would not justice have to, out of necessity based on your previous claims, come from this Earth where your one and only life experience is and stays ... according to yourself in your previous claims here?
well besides the fact that there is man-made justice, independent of a mythical all-powerful sky daddy

maybe there is just KARMA in the universe

why does the concept of justice rely on the existence of a god???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web