Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654273 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#521254 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I was also a fool to theology when I was under the spell of religion. I was fooled into believing that a god perceived human animals as being special ... which I now believe is very silly in deed.
Are religon and spirituality the same thing June?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#521255 Mar 15, 2014
A Catholic priest walks into a Kmart and asks for Boys Pants Half Off.

Location hidden

#521256 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder at what point in history those who preached their religion as truth stopped referring to their selves as philosophers and took on the lofty title of theologian as though it meant that they knew truth?
That word theologian does not mean what they want you to believe it means. The dictionary explains it as the study of religion.
Huge difference!
I suggest they are still and always will be simple-minded "philosophers."
What did "meek" mean at the time it was translated from original text June.

Location hidden

#521257 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not referring to them as fools. I am stating that they were fooled, as I was fooled.
If you now stay under the spell of religion I will refer to you as an active, willing, fool, because now that you know better you can do better.
When you didn't know better, you COULDN'T do better.
To claim that all the other saviors are fake and yours is real ... is you playing the part of an active fool.
How foolish is it to say that they are all fake?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#521258 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am free at last from all religion."
No ya aren't June. You still have to face the demon within you. You still have all that pent up anger and hatred to deal with. You know it is there, it keeps popping out a little here and there as you take it out on others here, who had nothing to do with your upbringing.
And then, there is that nagging feeling and presence in the pit of your stomach which you can not explain because you are trying so hard to ignore it. It will always be there until you face the holes in your logic and uhm, er, "opinions".
You are not an athiest June. You are agnostic, and that haunts you because that truth stands counter to your stated "opinion", and it stands inside you. You know it too.
What does current science say about God June? Does science say that God exists?
wow another Jim Frist, able to make a diagnosis with out even meeting the patient. Not sure why you asked what science says about god, as you obviously think you are that all knowing omniscient being.

Boy what a MAROON

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#521259 Mar 15, 2014
Christians claim that the so-called founding fathers were all Christian.

In name that is true, as all of them claimed to be Protestant.

But if you read their words, they were not serious about their religion. They simply needed the title "religious" to be elected to office.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

James Madison [1751-1836] American president and political theorist. Popularly known as the "Father of the Constitution." More than any other framer he is responsible for the content and form of the First Amendment. also see 'First Amendment' section of the 'Law & Government' section

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution."

"In no instance have ... the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people."

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."

Elmont, Long Island NY

#521260 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Geesh, you do realize it doesn't matter what it meant at the time it was translated, the important thing is what the word meant and how it was utilized at the time it was written.

Prince George, Canada

#521261 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How foolish is it to say that they are all fake?
Well, according to you, are the supposed saviors in all religions fake, or are they all real???

Location hidden

#521262 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
, I would still not be alone, because I feel whole within.
Yes you would June. You are homo sapien dear. Homo sapiens are ... by nature ... a creature with an innate herd mentality.
What you feel within, is not just you and you alone dear. Your own conscience convicts you within.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#521263 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice her say that, dopey.

Prince George, Canada

#521264 Mar 15, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
wow another Jim Frist, able to make a diagnosis with out even meeting the patient. Not sure why you asked what science says about god, as you obviously think you are that all knowing omniscient being.
Boy what a MAROON
I've been on threads of forums since 2006. Hundreds of all-knowing religious enter-"prizers" have come and gone in that time.

I'm used to their arrogance.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#521265 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Again. What does science say about religon June?
<quoted text>
Oh that's nice June.
You deflected again dear.
Try addressing the actual question.
Why are you avoiding answering it June?
What does current science say about God?
"Science" doesn't say anything about god, DUH! There is no evidence of a god, nothing to support the existence of a god, there is no way to disprove or prove the existence of a god ergo science has no opinion on a matter of faith

Location hidden

#521266 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes you feel superior to believe that ... doesn't it???
It makes you feel superior when you think you have defeated the argument of another ... doesn't it June?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#521267 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Which time, dopey?

And from what language to which?

Location hidden

#521268 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Arthur Eddington (Einstein's supporter) was homosexual. From his own perception, he was madly in love with another man in an era that did not accept such relationships as being moral.
His lover was killed in the Ypres war and his heart was broken. The only one he could share his heartache with was his sister who accepted him and his feelings of pain as being "natural" and acceptable.
I suggest that religious bullies have much for which to answer, but whether there is real justice in the universe is the question.
"universe"?
Interesting choice or word there.
If there is nothing except this life in this dimension as you have claimed, then one is left to wonder what "justice" you are looking for from the universe. Would not justice have to, out of necessity based on your previous claims, come from this Earth where your one and only life experience is and stays ... according to yourself in your previous claims here?

Prince George, Canada

#521269 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you would June. You are homo sapien dear. Homo sapiens are ... by nature ... a creature with an innate herd mentality.
What you feel within, is not just you and you alone dear. Your own conscience convicts you within.
When I was under the spell of religion I was very needy of "love." But now I realize that my acceptance of self as a whole being without religion fulfills me. If you were to hate me, it wouldn't bother me as I would perceive that as your problem.

I have already answered your question about religion and spirituality. Yes, I believe that when discussing religion spirit is a religious word, therefore being spiritual falls under the cloak of being religious.

If discussing alcohol ... the word spirit has an entirely different meaning.

Those in religion often claim that the spirit takes flight after death of the material body. THAT is religious terminology.

Location hidden

#521270 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated that people have theories and opinions. I never stated that truth does not exist. I asked you how you would explain what the word truth means to you.
I don't have universal knowledge or absolute truth in my "grasp" ... and if you claim you have, I suggest that you are simply another blowhard.
"and if you claim you have, I suggest that you are simply another blowhard"

At the very least June, prudence dictates that one waits until a claim has actually been made before one passes judgement on that claim. I have made no such claim.
I am simply trying to figure out just what it is that you think you have figured out concerning the spirit world. So far ALL you have regurgitated here is what some humans have done to enslave the masses for their own enjoyment and profit.
Again ... are religon and spirituality the same thing June?

Yes or no?

Prince George, Canada

#521271 Mar 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes you feel superior when you think you have defeated the argument of another ... doesn't it June?
Of COURSE! But I will never preach at you that my "spirit" is aligned to divinity, while your "spirit" is on the wrong path.

Location hidden

#521272 Mar 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to your theology that the god is beyond all human understanding?
Good question June.
However, does it not stand to reason that if there exists a higher intelligence or supreme being (however one wishes to define it), then the understanding of a human would be less than the source of understanding itself?

Location hidden

#521273 Mar 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Deceitful idiot???
Why don't you stop babbling and tell us what's bothering you?
I think you are jealous because I have the one true God.
Ramen
Here's a better idea. You put your comprehension and thinking cap on and try to keep up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web