Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640975 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#521002 Mar 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you discount entirely the possibility of a higher power?
Nature is a much higher power than me. Parasites could take me down, and might yet manage that not very difficult job.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521003 Mar 14, 2014
CONSUMERISM vs CHRISTIANITY
In the USA, which is REALITY and which is DELUSION?
Funny how we can all spin things in our minds. Somehow, Jesus wants us to have two cars, giant screen TVs, and be fat.
That can all be justified, because deep inside, most know it's only a delusion.
My God wants me to have cool stuff, if my potential allows.
My God does not force me to be a hypocrite.
Mine is the one true God.
Ramen
Why the bad judgie? I think that is a good post.

The fact is if Jesus came down tomorrow and appeared before every Christian in the USA - like he supposedly did 2000 years ago for doubting Thomas, et al - then does anyone think the USA would continue as the world's most wasteful, consumer-based society?

Of course our behavior would change! But guess what?

Nothing will change, because it's a delusion and deep inside, most Xians know it.

Ramen
YTube

Marietta, GA

#521004 Mar 14, 2014

The Day the LORD showed me ANTICHRIST ----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#521005 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
YES YES Christians ... nobody deserved saviors except YOU.
That you are so eager to believe that nonsense makes it plain that you DO believe others deserve punishment in hell and you deserve rewards in heaven.
Shame on YOU .. you greedy fools!
Even as a child, I didn't believe that garbage.
Everyone needs a Savior.....

a Savior.....one......one....not two....but one....

Why, June, does everyone need a Savior?

Quesnel, Canada

#521006 Mar 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chuck,
Why was John sent?
The insane dogma teaches that Adonai sent John as a practicum Jew in the old testament to look ahead to the day hundreds of years later when he would spring up in the new testament as a Catholic saint to baptize Jesus the Jewish Rabbi into Catholicism.

I suggest that you shake all that debris out of your psyche ... or not ... it's your choice.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521007 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann Coulter, the hair-flipping conservative Christian believes that because she has faith in Jesus she has the fast-track to heaven and that "conservative" Christians are perfected Jews.
She preaches in mega churches telling the dumbed-down Christians what they DESIRE to hear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2wnPHFSdrMEXX
It's called Show Business.

Like Jesus said, "pray publicly and loudly."

Oops, I forgot. Even they know that god is a delusion.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521008 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature is a much higher power than me. Parasites could take me down, and might yet manage that not very difficult job.
You are part of nature.

My God created nature. My God loves you. But no special favors.

Ramen

Quesnel, Canada

#521009 Mar 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
What do you believe the word HOPE means???
Hope to me does not mean I live in the future.

It means that I try my best with each moment to be as fair to others as my circumstances allow.

I don't believe in the word perfection, and therefore I don't strive for such an illusion. I simply try to be less self-centered than my human nature often demands of me.

That is my hope.

Quesnel, Canada

#521010 Mar 14, 2014
< I forgot. Even they know that god is a delusion.
No they don't, and that is the problem. They believe their own GOD is real and all other gods in other religions ARE delusions.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#521011 Mar 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Different viewpoints from different people, to different people. Matthew to the Jews, Luke to the Gentile, John to the Theologically minded....
The closer one look at a cut diamond, one enters the view of a single facet, otherwise at a distance it sparkles....
I think it is the "job" of most people who believe in the one true God, thru life to see God in different facets, as experienced. It is the same God....
A cut diamond. I like that.

I think the human species as a whole was "theologically minded" through the late Bronze Age at least.

By the end, I doubt if he could be heard from the cross anyhow. Whatever, I think a true God should be more clear. But that's just me.

Ramen

Quesnel, Canada

#521012 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>
because it's a delusion and deep inside, most Xians know it.
You might be correct that deep inside they DO know it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

The Documents

On some of the letters and notes about her interior darkness, Mother Teresa had written “matter of conscience.”

Quesnel, Canada

#521013 Mar 14, 2014
So according to Christian theologians, the creator attached his spirit to the spirit of Adam and Eve ... knowing ahead of time that his spirit was going to be tarnished by their sin, and that they were going to keep multiplying the sin?

Why would any god in his right mind WANT his own spirit tarnished, when he could have avoided such a catastrophe???

And why would the supposed creator create non-human animals to suffer when they had never "sinned?"

If you don't wake up, others can't do it for you.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#521014 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If some day you came to believe that Jesus never existed to save you ... would YOU be able to cope???
Seems to me that you have a lot of things all screwed up and perhaps backwards in your thinking.
If one has "came to believe" a thing, anything, then the coping was happening during the period of coming to the conclusion ... NOT after arriving at that conclusion.

Quesnel, Canada

#521015 Mar 14, 2014
I suggest that people rely on theologians to take "care" of their "spiritual" NEEDS because they are too frightened, too lazy and/or too greedy for salvation to want to ask questions of the theologies.

I am as greedy as other humans in wanting my comforts, but not so greedy as to take the theologians at their WORD that they are teaching truth ... or any semblance OF truth ... if it even exists.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

Location hidden

#521016 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>
It's called Show Business.
Like Jesus said, "pray publicly and loudly."
Oops, I forgot. Even they know that god is a delusion.
Ramen
Is saying that you are a deceitful idiot the same as saying that you are being a deceitful idiot?
Try putting things in proper context if you are really seeking truth.

I DID say the words "you are a deceitful idiot". Does that mean I called you an idiot?

Quesnel, Canada

#521017 Mar 14, 2014
Pope Leo Xth and Martin Luther hated each other with a passion. They labeled each other as the antichrist ... and yet they used the same bible to preach that Jesus came with a message of love for all humanity.

If you don't want to see the lies, it is plain that you want to stay blind.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#521018 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope to me does not mean I live in the future.
It means that I try my best with each moment to be as fair to others as my circumstances allow.
I don't believe in the word perfection, and therefore I don't strive for such an illusion. I simply try to be less self-centered than my human nature often demands of me.
That is my hope.
I can tell by your posts, June, you DO NOT have that complete rest.....

God gives complete rest.....you have to be willing to seek it out....

in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time, and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Location hidden

#521019 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't, and that is the problem. They believe their own GOD is real and all other gods in other religions ARE delusions.
Why is it soooooo important to you that others believe as you do?

Location hidden

#521021 Mar 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be so greedy as to believe in heaven for you and hell for others???
WHY???
Because the one going by the name of truth does not have real truth?

Quesnel, Canada

#521022 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>
A cut diamond. I like that.
Robert F pictures his self as a diamond in the rough. God's jewel, ready for a wonderful reward in the afterlife, "'simply' for having faith ... blah, blah, blah."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 3 hr Demon Finder 29
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric 5 hr Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? Mon naman 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 20 3way4me 10,092
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web