Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#520833 Mar 13, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I am unworthy to ask forgiveness for myself
So you need a savior to do your dirty work for you???

:)

If I harm another person, I know how to apologize TO that person.

If you use common sense, you don't need religion.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#520834 Mar 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprised you "don't recall!!!"
But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
In other words whoever the Apostles elected as their leader was expected to lead by being a servant to Christ's church on earth. Who do you think they elected as their leader after they elected a new Apostle to replace Judas?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520835 Mar 13, 2014
How silly is it to harm other people and then ask a supposed savior to forgive you???

You owe the people you harmed the apology.

Even if Jesus existed, he would have no right to accept an apology that had nothing to do with him, and everything to do with the neighbors to which you caused harm.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#520836 Mar 13, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Before the apostles of Christ departed from this world they left us with their testimonies. These writings are found in the Holy Bible of the Christian religion and are known as the Holy Scriptures of The New Testament of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The apostles wrote much about the salvation of man's soul. Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ ALONE, is repeated in the scriptures as the only way for man to be saved from his sins. The apostle Paul said,“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”(Ephesians 2:8,9). The Old Testament priesthood of sacrifices offered to God for the sins of the people and accomplished at the hands of the officiating priest was done away with by Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary (Colossians 2:13,14; Hebrews 8:13). Jesus said,“It is finished:”“we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”(John 19:30; Hebrews 10:10).“Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more”(Romans 6:9); “Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.”(Hebrews 7:27). Jesus “entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”(Hebrews 9:1).“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many”(Hebrews 9:28). Jesus “offered one sacrifice for sins for ever,” so “there is no more offering for sin”(Hebrews 10:12,18). Every believer is now a priest unto God (Revelation 1:6); and every believer now has direct and equal access to “come boldly unto the throne of grace” through the one and only “one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” who “by himself purged our sins”(I Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 1:3; 4:16).
The scripture passages above clearly show that there is no more worldly priesthood or sanctuary, no more priest's office, no more earthly tabernacle, no more physical alter upon which to offer any sacrifice. Every born again believer is now part of the “royal priesthood” by the finished sacrifice of Jesus Christ upon the cross (I Peter 2:9; Revelation 1:5,6). Jesus Christ was sacrificed once, and only once, never again to be offered for our sins. Not a continuous bloody, or un-bloody, humiliating sacrifice that the Roman Catholic Church believes in and practices at its physical alters on a daily basis. Prior to the fourth century of the Christian era the belief of transubstantiation was totally unknown. There is no written record describing or acknowledging the existence of this doctrine. It was not until the 11th century that this doctrine was declared to be the faith of the Roman church.
For 1,000 years after Christ, the Roman Church, like all other Christian churches, celebrated the Last Supper as a simple commemorative meal, and not as a transubstantiation of bread and wine into flesh and blood. On the walls of the catacombs in which the early Christians took refuge from persecution, there are, to this very day, and within a short distance of the Pope's palace, drawings which represent the believers as celebrating the Last Supper, as a simple meal, with fish and wine on the table, and the Christians pictured, as they sat themselves down to eat. But when the NEW DOCTRINE OF TRANSUBSTANTIATION swept away the simplicity of Gospel teaching, and the continual sacrifice—“the Eucharist”— was substituted for the one supreme and final sacrifice, the daily manipulation of bread and wine at the Roman Catholic altar took the place of the crucifixion on Calvary.
"The scripture passages above clearly show that ..."

You are adding to Holy Scripture. We have been warned about people like you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520837 Mar 13, 2014
Christian ... "I shot my neighbor's dog. Please Jesus forgive me ... blah, blah, blah."

Meanwhile the Neighbor gets no apology.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#520838 Mar 13, 2014
OldJG wrote:
MARY WAS A SINNER
Firstly, the Bible tells us that “all” men have sinned, including Mary the earthly mother Jesus, and have fallen short of the glory of God according to what Romans 3:23 says.
Through one man (Adam), sin entered the world and death spread to all men. As death came through Adam, so life has come through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:12-15).
King David writing in the Psalms says that he was brought forth in iniquity and in sin when his mother conceived him, saying that we have all been brought forth in iniquity, all been born into sin. Reference of this is found in Psalms 51:5. Only Jesus Christ was without sin. The Bible tells us, For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.(Hebrews 4:15)(NASB)
The Roman Catholic church claims that Mary’s virginity is perpetual. It would have been impossible for Mary to remain a virgin if she had a large family to her husband Joseph. Reference of this is found in Matthew 13:55, 56.
Another Roman Catholic church claim is Mary’s sinless state. Again, it was impossible for Mary to have been sinless because under Jewish law a woman who gave birth to a first born male was required to offer a sacrifice for sin. These Jewish laws were still in effect during the time
of Jesus’ birth and ministry. The apostle Paul says, But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a
woman, made under the law,(Galatians 4:4)(KJV)
Read Luke 2:21-23 for verification of the law requiring a mother to offer sacrifices for the birth of her first born son. Ascribing to Mary a state of being sinless is another attempt by the Roman Catholic church to exalt Mary to the place only the Lord Jesus rightfully possesses. That Mary was not only a virgin before the birth of Christ but after her family of children to Joseph, Rome claims, The deepening of faith in the virginal motherhood led the Church to confess Mary’s real and perpetual virginity even in the act of giving birth to the Son of God made man. In fact, Christ's birth ‘did not diminish his mother’s virginal integrity but sanctified it.’And so the liturgy of the Church celebrates Mary as Aeiparthenos, the ‘Ever-virgin’”
Elaborating upon what has already been said, the first thing needing to be understood is Jesus was born under the law of Moses, therefore, according to the Law of Moses every Jewish mother that gave birth to her first male child had to offer sacrifices to God. One of the sacrifices was a burnt offering, and the other was a sin offering. This is in accordance to the Talmud (law of Moses) found in the book of Leviticus chap. 12. In order to get a better understanding of this, Leviticus chap. 12 needs to be read in conjunction with Luke 2:21-23. By offering the required sacrifices according to the law, Mary admits her sinful state and offers those sacrifices according to the “... law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons” one a burnt offering, and the other a sin offering (Luke 2:24).
Luke’s record in conjunction with Leviticus 12 says “And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering”(Leviticus 12:8).
Mary and Joseph were possibly unable to afford a lamb, so instead brought a pair of turtledoves, and two young pigeons: one for the burnt offering, and the other for the sin offering. Upon Mary’s own admission of being a sinner she presents these sacrifices to the Lord.
Where in your bible does it say "Mary was a sinner"? Chapter and verse? Or are you adding to Scripture?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520839 Mar 13, 2014
I don't believe I owe a debt to other people's imaginary gods ... so the only debt I can incur is in not being honest and forthright with all others of the world.

I decide whether the move I make is going to result in a guilty or a clear conscience, and I live with the consequences of my choices.

That is my law unto me.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#520840 Mar 13, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> You couldn't comprehend what you posted even if thousands fasted and prayed for you. Fasting has a purpose.

Location hidden

#520841 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you need a savior to do your dirty work for you???
:)
If I harm another person, I know how to apologize TO that person.
If you use common sense, you don't need religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520842 Mar 13, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
"The scripture passages above clearly show that ..."
You are adding to Holy Scripture. We have been warned about people like you.
Every time you interpret words in your bible, you take a chance that you are overstepping your own boundary and treading on the rights of others.

I suggest you keep that in mind.

You may take it for granted that you will rewarded for your lust of heaven ... but you could just as easily be wrong.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#520843 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the theology ... do you believe that the Jewish apostles were already Catholic when they predicted ahead of time that Jesus was coming to save ONLY Catholics?
I am not aware of any prediction by any apostle that Jesus was coming to save only Catholics. Do you have some particular section of Scripture in mind?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520844 Mar 13, 2014
Fasting definitely has a purpose.

While you are fasting you can lust after other things besides food ... such as your lust for heaven.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520845 Mar 13, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not aware of any prediction by any apostle that Jesus was coming to save only Catholics. Do you have some particular section of Scripture in mind?
I learned that from the preachers who took their own interpretations of scriptural words in a serious manner.

The Protestants also use their own interpretations of the words in the scriptures to in turn preach that Jesus came to rescue only those who are Protestant.

It's a very bad habit.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#520846 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you interpret words in your bible, you take a chance that you are overstepping your own boundary and treading on the rights of others.
I suggest you keep that in mind.
You may take it for granted that you will rewarded for your lust of heaven ... but you could just as easily be wrong.
I'm back baby!

That other poster ment nothing. You know nothing about 'treading' on people's rights!

Since you never got out from under British rule without crawling on your knees to the Queen.

Location hidden

#520847 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520848 Mar 13, 2014
Judas was the only apostle (within the theology) that did NOT betray the Jews that were faithful to Judaism.

That is why the Catholics labeled Judas as a traitor. They viewed him (within the theology) as a traitor to Catholicism.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#520849 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Fasting definitely has a purpose.
While you are fasting you can lust after other things besides food ... such as your lust for heaven.
Seems a good idea I bet your fanny could drop a few pounds.

(Note British slang 'fanny' instead of ass)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520850 Mar 13, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XiYjcpWE93IXX
For some reason my computer won't allow me access to this site.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520852 Mar 13, 2014
If you Christians believed that the bible stated what it meant, you would never argue about it's meanings.

To argue means that you doubt that the bible gives a clear message ... unless you, with your divine wisdom {{{helps}}} it along.

Arrogance is yours.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520853 Mar 13, 2014
I like it when people put negative icons on my posts. To me it means that what I post has hit a raw nerve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web