Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650730 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#520773 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop overdosing on those scriptures ... or you will end up comparable to the poster "truth."
Keep in mind that such self-indulgent entertainment has driven many humans insane.
How did you come to be in possession of your axe and hatchet June?
I mean it is obvious that you have an axe to grind, and a hatchet to bury when it comes to religon.
You display the classic disgruntled and misled MO behavior.
How did your "unborn again" come about?

Location hidden

#520774 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When you believe a devil or an antichrist is REAL ... do you honestly believe that HELPS your state of mind???
I suggest if you tamper with religion ... expect it to tamper with YOU!
hhhhhhhmmmmmmm
You obviously have come to believe that religon and spirituality are synonyms. You are incorrect June.
You are correct however, that when you mess with religon, be prepared for the human aspect of the reciprical actions from religon.

Location hidden

#520775 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that being raised in an era of such heavy influence concerning religion, Thomas Jefferson also struggled with trying to make sense out of such blatant nonsense as was taught by theologians in all religions.
How could he not have been confused???
Do you have any original thoughts on this subject?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#520776 Mar 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I never said homosexuals were more promiscuous than heterosexuals.
You didn't have to. You indicated that both homosexuals and heterosexuals being promiscuous as maybe being why homosexuals commit suicide ... which is silly ... as if that was the reason FOR suicide both heterosexuals and homosexuals would have the same rate of suicide ... which is not the case.

And never do you say that it was wrong for members of the clergy to state that homosexuals should be put death for offending gods.

You don't go where you SHOULD go Robert ... and that is why I have no respect for you and your double-talking antics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

AD

342: Christian Emperors Constans and Contantinus create a law against samesex marriages.

390: homosexuality is declared a crime in several Christian empires&#894; those found guilty are sentenced to be burnt alive in public.

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/cbarre/global%20...

Location hidden

#520777 Mar 13, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
MANIFESTO of the antichrist ????
Thankfully, you KNOW inside that this is a delusion. Were it not a delusion, you would be compelled to STOP THE ANTICHRIST by any means possible.
But being a delusion, just some ranting on this board and others is all that is required.
Ramen
Interesting.
Thinking people know that whether a prophesy is dillusional or not, it isstill prophesy. That means that any opposition to stopping what is guaranteed to happen (prophesy), is futile. Why rage against the unstoppable machine?

Prince George, Canada

#520778 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Lutheran Church were you forced to attend as a child?
Now you should know that a GOOD Christian would say ... "Which Lutheran church were you 'encouraged' to attend as a child?"

We lived in a small town and varying ministers of Christian churches would come to out town on the train and hold what they referred to as "services" in the local community hall.

My mother, meaning well, and believing that I needed to hear the messages from God would take me hand in hand to the vultures that claimed to know truth ... yet never agreed with each other.

I saw right through their smiles.

Location hidden

#520779 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you have faith that you are whole just as you are, you won't BE needy of religion.
Interesting assumption.
The thought occurs to me however, that if spirit is ALREADY inside you because you are a part of your origin, then you are "whole" but are not hitting on all cylinders within your "whole".
How can one say that they are AT their potential right now? You have not thought this through June. You are still lashing out at the grinding wheel and your axe is bouncing off the wheel.
If you are going to grind it, you have to grind both sides of it June, or it will cut crooked.

Location hidden

#520780 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read your sermons concerning how others don't live up to your self-perceived high standards.
Having been subjected to the arrogance of preachers most of my life, your sermon didn't move me to follow in your footsteps.
So which was it?
Missouri Synod or Wisconsin?

Location hidden

#520781 Mar 13, 2014
marge wrote:
Question: "What signs indicate that the end times are approaching?"
ABC
NBC
CBS
CNN
MSNBC
FOX
and
700 Club?

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#520782 Mar 13, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
DarrowÂ’s work echoes some of the more stunning and thought provoking panels from masters of the craft like Moebius, Tezuka, and Kirby.
http://www.cheshirecatart.com/blog/...
I'vwe never heard him put that way, but I gotta admit - his attention to detail is quite astounding.

Thanks for the link.....some cool stuff there!

Prince George, Canada

#520783 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any original thoughts on this subject?
Those WERE my original thoughts. Thomas Jefferson was raised in an era of Protestant delusion. Had he not claimed to be a Unitarian Christian, he never would have been considered as a President of the United States.

All of the Presidents until John Kennedy were Protestant

Thomas re-wrote parts of the bible that he was sure "Jesus" would have said and omitted the parts he was certain "Jesus" would not have said ... "The Thomas Jefferson Bible."

I suggest he was confused as he tried to make sense of religion ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Location hidden

#520784 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
As you witnessed yesterday ... I begged the supposed creator to put me to death at that instant to prove to humanity that it existed ... and as you can see, I am still posting my belief that no creator exists ... period.
Oh bullshit!!!
You begged no such thing June.
Now, had you "begged" with as much "faith" as you have that God does not exist, I suspect we would be listening to the cricket choir from your avatar today.

Location hidden

#520785 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have no such power to end the earth.

People lead their selves into the delusions, allowing the delusions to then have FULL control.
Please tell me that you are kidding in your former claim, and that you see yourself in your latter claim.

Location hidden

#520786 Mar 13, 2014
BTW June, it is "themselves"

Prince George, Canada

#520787 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have come to believe that religon and spirituality are synonyms.
Of course they are synonymous.

Your spirit that detaches from it's material body would not be floating around the universe with no aims. Within the dimwitted theology, it would want to go for the highest reward in the universe, as do all other souls and spirits in religion.

The word spirituality is simply a new age claim to put those who are super arrogant even up HIGHER on the ladder of "knowledge" above the word religion.

It's all one and the same.

Location hidden

#520788 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those WERE my original thoughts. Thomas Jefferson was raised in an era of Protestant delusion. Had he not claimed to be a Unitarian Christian, he never would have been considered as a President of the United States.
All of the Presidents until John Kennedy were Protestant
Thomas re-wrote parts of the bible that he was sure "Jesus" would have said and omitted the parts he was certain "Jesus" would not have said ... "The Thomas Jefferson Bible."
I suggest he was confused as he tried to make sense of religion ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
About.com Civil Liberies.
In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...
Oh for cripe's sake.
You claim your thoughts were original and then to prove it you post two links to where you got those "original" thoughts.
You crack me up June.

Location hidden

#520789 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you should know that a GOOD Christian would say ... "Which Lutheran church were you 'encouraged' to attend as a child?"
We lived in a small town and varying ministers of Christian churches would come to out town on the train and hold what they referred to as "services" in the local community hall.
My mother, meaning well, and believing that I needed to hear the messages from God would take me hand in hand to the vultures that claimed to know truth ... yet never agreed with each other.
I saw right through their smiles.
I see. More Southern B than Lutheran.

Prince George, Canada

#520790 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<
And by the way ... your avatar "Aquarius" bespeaks of new age philosophies.

I am fond of studying people's avatars.

And when they find it necessary to change their avatars, and then eventually admit that they are the same posters ... I always wonder who they were trying to fool and why.

Prince George, Canada

#520791 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. More Southern B than Lutheran.
That is your terminology ... not mine.

The preachers were of many denominations, including Lutheran.

Prince George, Canada

#520792 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So what government do you suppose will put an end to all the religous killing going on currently?
<quoted text>
Well June,^that^ may be. However, none of it answers nor even addresses my question.
So what government do you suppose will put an end to all the religous killing going on currently?
None! Humans are warriors by nature, and no religion can change that which is innate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web