Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#520788 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those WERE my original thoughts. Thomas Jefferson was raised in an era of Protestant delusion. Had he not claimed to be a Unitarian Christian, he never would have been considered as a President of the United States.
All of the Presidents until John Kennedy were Protestant
Thomas re-wrote parts of the bible that he was sure "Jesus" would have said and omitted the parts he was certain "Jesus" would not have said ... "The Thomas Jefferson Bible."
I suggest he was confused as he tried to make sense of religion ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
About.com Civil Liberies.
In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...
Oh for cripe's sake.
You claim your thoughts were original and then to prove it you post two links to where you got those "original" thoughts.
You crack me up June.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#520789 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you should know that a GOOD Christian would say ... "Which Lutheran church were you 'encouraged' to attend as a child?"
We lived in a small town and varying ministers of Christian churches would come to out town on the train and hold what they referred to as "services" in the local community hall.
My mother, meaning well, and believing that I needed to hear the messages from God would take me hand in hand to the vultures that claimed to know truth ... yet never agreed with each other.
I saw right through their smiles.
I see. More Southern B than Lutheran.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#520790 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<
And by the way ... your avatar "Aquarius" bespeaks of new age philosophies.

I am fond of studying people's avatars.

And when they find it necessary to change their avatars, and then eventually admit that they are the same posters ... I always wonder who they were trying to fool and why.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520791 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. More Southern B than Lutheran.
That is your terminology ... not mine.

The preachers were of many denominations, including Lutheran.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520792 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So what government do you suppose will put an end to all the religous killing going on currently?
<quoted text>
Well June,^that^ may be. However, none of it answers nor even addresses my question.
So what government do you suppose will put an end to all the religous killing going on currently?
None! Humans are warriors by nature, and no religion can change that which is innate.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520793 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm
Likewise sister ... apparently, since ALL your posts concerning God or the lack thereof, are but mere plagerism themselves.
All thought is plagiarized from other thought.

We just pick our favorite poisons.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520794 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You have no clue as to my beliefs (facts not in evidence), but yet draw conclusions based on what you have no clue about.
Fascinating.
Again, thanks for sharing.
I suggest you credit your self with being a new age spiritual leader who has nothing to do with what you perceive is nasty religion.

Maybe you are a Wiccan.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520795 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting assumption.
The thought occurs to me however, that if spirit is ALREADY inside you because you are a part of your origin, then you are "whole" but are not hitting on all cylinders within your "whole".
How can one say that they are AT their potential right now? You have not thought this through June. You are still lashing out at the grinding wheel and your axe is bouncing off the wheel.
If you are going to grind it, you have to grind both sides of it June, or it will cut crooked.
If you have faith that you are whole just as you are, why would you have a "need" to believe that you have a spirit within you ... unless you are convinced at death of your body that your spirit goes elsewhere flying off into the wild blue yonder???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520796 Mar 13, 2014
I don't believe that the words spirit or soul are beneficial to humans, as it makes their egos fly off the "handle" in the illusion that humans are superior over all other animals.

Nonsense.

If all other animals are whole, just as they are, then I suggest that humans are also whole just as we are.

Otherwise beavers should go to beaver heaven and squid should go to squid heaven and on and on and on.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520797 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for cripe's sake.
You claim your thoughts were original and then to prove it you post two links to where you got those "original" thoughts.
You crack me up June.
I suggest that every thought I study from history has been thought before I thought it.

Only arrogance would make me believe that I am an original thinker.

Example ... Catholics attached the title Jesus to their supposed savior, while they admit that the word Jesus in Greek is Ihcuc.

Would Christians pray to Ihcuc??? I think not. Yet it's the same delusional thought under a different title.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520798 Mar 13, 2014
If a spirit or a soul departs at the death of the human body, that means that the human without the spirit or soul could not BE whole.

That is what theologians wanted us to believe.

I don't believe any of them. They wanted to rob me of my own image of wholeness, and I wouldn't allow it.

I am not free from thought ... but I am free from trusting those with religious thought.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520799 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Thinking people know that whether a prophesy is dillusional or not, it isstill prophesy. That means that any opposition to stopping what is guaranteed to happen (prophesy), is futile. Why rage against the unstoppable machine?
All prophesies are true with 20/20 hindsight.

J. Edgar Casey, Nostradamus, etc., all perfectly correct.

No one could have predicted what their prophecies meant at the time. But after the fact, the puzzle could be twisted and made to fit.

The Bible is no different. And bats are not birds, btw.

If you had the one true God, you wouldn't be posting so foolishly.

Ramen.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520800 Mar 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You have no clue as to my beliefs (facts not in evidence), but yet draw conclusions based on what you have no clue about.
Fascinating.
Again, thanks for sharing.
In other words, you have NO admissible, factual evidence for your god or religion, as you claimed.

Mine is the only true God, proven by science.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520801 Mar 13, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
There are NO conflicting passages in the Bible. There may be conflicting interpretations but there are NO conflicting passages.
You said, quote, "Because your god is a delusion and mine is the only true God." End quote.
Philippians 2:9-11, 9 "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
When you meet Jesus at the Great White Throne judgment you will bow to the person your dark heart assumed was a delusion. You will have no choice and there will be no place for you to hide from the One who created you and now will judge you.
Revelation 6:15-17, 15 "Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, 16 calling to the mountains and rocks,“Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
Repent. Please repent. You have been running from God for a long time. He is waiting for you and will forgive you if you will confess your sins and accept Him as Lord.
I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
There may be conflicting interpretations but there are NO conflicting passages???

Same thing, when no single interpretation can be proven.

How is one saved? Who knows? There are over 100 ways documented in the Bible.

No confusion. Mine is the only true God.

Ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#520802 Mar 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the authors of the KJV added scripture to their new bible ... and that makes you PROUD???
You like lies piled on top of other lies HUH???
You know the Bible as well as you know Swahili...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520803 Mar 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The setting up of the antichrist is evidently.already in process.
The three main religions in the world ( Judaism, Islam and Christianity...are coming together under one head in Jerusalem
At the temple mount..(Christianity being represented by the Roman Catholic Church.)
The Bible says to the true Christians;
.Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying,
Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Name one generation of Xians who did NOT believe the same thing.

"The antichrist is at hand." "Be afraid." Boo!

So far, nothing. Yet JC said "surely some of you will still be alive when I return." So now you re-interpret the statement to fit your needs.

Sad. Mine is the only true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520804 Mar 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
address "What is Science?", presented at the fifteenth annual meeting of the National Science Teachers Association, in New York City (1966), published in The Physics Teacher, volume 7, issue 6 (1969), pages 313-320
What made him a great scientist was that he didn't believe it in the "ordinary" sense....I have a book and set of his tapes from Cal Tech....He was, and still is most respected for his originality of thought and teaching there....
P.S. I just made a tour of Cal Tech with my brother who went there and works at JPL....
Peace
Cool. Thanks for the info. I knew it had to be other scientists. That statement must have woken up the room. My God is glad you had a chance to tour Cal Tech, one of his great Temples.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520805 Mar 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the Bible as well as you know Swahili...
When I studied the bible, I figured out that it was a book that would make people want to fight, and so I put it down, where it belongs.

You are but one example of such right-fighting attitudes of "I have the correct interpretation and any one who disagrees with me is offending 'God' with a capital G."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520806 Mar 13, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. Thanks for the info. I knew it had to be other scientists. That statement must have woken up the room. My God is glad you had a chance to tour Cal Tech, one of his great Temples.
Ramen
They like to put science down ... except when they find it beneficial.

I suggest that if prayer worked, pharmacies would be out of business.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#520807 Mar 13, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
There are NO conflicting passages in the Bible. There may be conflicting interpretations but there are NO conflicting passages.
You said, quote, "Because your god is a delusion and mine is the only true God." End quote.
Philippians 2:9-11, 9 "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
When you meet Jesus at the Great White Throne judgment you will bow to the person your dark heart assumed was a delusion. You will have no choice and there will be no place for you to hide from the One who created you and now will judge you.
Revelation 6:15-17, 15 "Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, 16 calling to the mountains and rocks,“Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
Repent. Please repent. You have been running from God for a long time. He is waiting for you and will forgive you if you will confess your sins and accept Him as Lord.
I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be conflicting interpretations but there are NO conflicting passages???
Same thing, when no single interpretation can be proven.
How is one saved? Who knows? There are over 100 ways documented in the Bible.
No confusion. Mine is the only true God.
Ramen
You said, quote, "How is one saved? Who knows? There are over 100 ways documented in the Bible." End quote.

First of all, saved from what? Please explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web