Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
502,321 - 502,340 of 538,769 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A fool's prattle.
Crawl back under your rock and hiss to your heart's content....
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding ???
I haven't seen the,movie..but the bible,series,they did was not bad...thing is,these are spiritual people bringing the,Son of God to the big screen..as,well as tv ...
Can you imagine,..a child in a,godless,home,..who has,never even heard,of Christ in a good way from school..atheist parents..the media....we have,at least t w o generations and growing like this.....I applaud their effort ...I saw them in an interview..wonderful couple ...
I'd think you'd like them..they ars,Catholic...even Gibson's movie brought a,message..though I wish it had been in modern language....Jesus,suffered for us..
Anything that plants,a seed is good ..and we,trust the Holy Spirit can use it to spark interest in learning more ...
NOT EVERYONE HAS A BENEFIT OF GROWING UP WITH GOD..which is the intent of the evil one and our governments around the world...soon God's,name might be forgotten as it was,in the days,of Noah...sound familiar ????
GOD BLESS THEM BOTH ....and those who contributed .....
I don't have anything against their intentions. It was frustrating to watch because it had really good scenery. The Roman and Jewish priests were great. So was Peter and John. But the actors who played Jesus and Mary were not very good. They could have done a better job all around, especially with some of the writing. It just didn't work imo. But to each their own.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Our spirits have an image.
You have an image held in bondage in your brain that you are attached to a holy spirit ... not an evil one ... as you "picture" evil is for others who are bound for hell.

You love that one image of that one Jew ... ONLY because you believe "he" is of personal value to you. Without that image of a savior ... you will have no lust left in your mentality for SALVATION. You will be LOST...

Unless you learn to believe that you are whole just as you are ... without any religion whatsoever.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are signs that were prophesied..look to the world..most especially Israel ..
I'd hope to be prepared ..whenever...He could come at any time..BUT he gave us clues to look for ...
However it's,true these could also occur in a century ...or two ..AGAIN
I don't believe in prophecies. How could you put your trust into people you don't even know who wrote this bunk. You don't know when it was written, you don't know where it was written, you don't know who wrote each one. What does that say? Not very much.

Jews interpret prophecies one way, christains another way.

Catholics argue with protestants over the exact same doctrines supposedly inspired writings by the same holy spirit but come to different conclusions. HUH!

...see where I am going with this religious stuff?

Its all interpretations..........your mom and dad interpreted what they were taught from childhood differently from your neighbors across the street.

....what does it prove?......... That no one has the ultimate truth.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God came first ..then creation ...then the flood it was... Adam Noah Abraham Isaac and Jacob
the Joseph ..afterward came Moses and the Law...the law continued through the book of Malachi.and the gospels of Jesus until His death and resurrection..
none of the above thousands of years said any thing about a Roman catholic Church..
Neither did Jesus nor the Twelve Apostles...
Then The Roman Catholic church invents itself
attempts to nullify God's plan of salvation and change it to fit their whims
Call all the above witnesses liars and claim deed an title to God's plan of Salvation
Man your carnally minded leadership and yourself are surely headed for a rude awakening.
Oooh that sounds really exciting. A conspiracy takeover by the Roman Empire who took everyone's Bibles!! Do you have any proof of this? It doesn't matter to you and Chuck that the teachings of the Catholic Church look the same before and after Rome converted.
Jesus, the Son of David, set up a hierarchy, whether you like it or not.

The Bishop of Rome, Peter, the Rock, the Papacy:

Isaiah 22: 20-24
In that day I will call my servant Eli'akim the son of Hilki'ah, and I will cloth him with your robe, and will bind your belt on him, and he will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah, and I will place on his shoulders the key to the of the house of David; he shall open and none shall shut; he shall shut and none shall open"

Mathew 16:18
"You are Kepha (large rock) and on this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven; whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven"

Clement of Rome
"Accept our council and you will have nothing to regret....if anyone disobeys the things which have been said by Him (Jesus) through us, let them know that they will involve themselves in no small danger"
Letter to the Corinthians 95 AD

Ignatius of Antioch
"You (the see of Rome) have envied no one, but others you have taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force"
Epistle to the Romans 110 AD

Irenaeus
"With that Church (in Rome), because of it's superior origin, all the churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition"
Iraneus,against heresies, 189 AD

www.staycatholic.com/ecf_primacy_of_rome.htm

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that a creator does not exist for the same reason you DO believe a creator exists.
We both have our own beliefs, and they are not prove-able.
I believe that we are all students of science and that include the scientists. Theory is good science.
What theory?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that a creator does not exist for the same reason you DO believe a creator exists.
We both have our own beliefs, and they are not prove-able.
I believe that we are all students of science and that include the scientists. Theory is good science.
"I believe that a creator does not exist for the same reason you DO believe a creator exists."

No ya don't June.
I have all the personal proof I need. You got but mere unprovable theory.

"We both have our own beliefs, and they are not prove-able."
Incorrect June.
Mine is. Yours is not.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..If Muslims did a TV series about Allah would you not watch it? Shouldn't you learn about all of our world and what is has to offer?
.....Jesus in the movie was suppose to be a Jew. Jews know nothing of the crucifixion, know nothing of Mary/Joseph, john baptist, and 12 apostles........yet Jesus was a Jew and the Jews who lived then said we know nothing of this Jew as Christians depict him.
...No one from the entire Mediterranean from 4BCE to 30 AD ever recorded anything about this man Christians only claim performed dozens of miracles for thousands of people, followed and lived by thousands more....yet not one word written about this man by anyone.
Something is wrong!
~~~

A surgeon that operated on my wife, is a Muslim married to a Christian ...

When She (at a weak moment ) considered converting TO Islam he told his wife that she shouldn't..

He said if she did, and relented and returned to Christianity HE WOULD HAVE TO KILL HER..
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Confrint and Chuck.....

Cyprian
"With a false bishop appointed for themselves by heretics, they dare even set sail and carry letters from schismatics and blashpemers to the Chair of Peter and to the principle Church at Rome, in which sacerdotal unity has it's sourch"
epistle to Cornelius, Bishop of Rome 252 AD

"but primacy is given to Peter, whereby it is made clear that there is but one Church and one Chair. So too, all the Apostles are shepherds and the flock is shown to be one, fed by all apostles in a single -minded accord. If someone does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he be confident that he is in the Church?
(the unity of the Catholic Church 4, 251 AD

At the time of these writings, the Roman Empire was persecuting the Church in unspeakable ways. Are you and Chuck going to seriously continue pretending the Roman Empire installed the Church in Rome?
Cyprian, along with Pope Stephen and Sixtus were executed by Emperor Valerian....and you two clowns are still going to pretend that Constantine installed the Roman Catholic Church? What a disrespect towards these early Christians who died bringing you the Bible, only to have you use it against them.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh that sounds really exciting. A conspiracy takeover by the Roman Empire who took everyone's Bibles!! Do you have any proof of this? It doesn't matter to you and Chuck that the teachings of the Catholic Church look the same before and after Rome converted.
Jesus, the Son of David, set up a hierarchy, whether you like it or not.
The Bishop of Rome, Peter, the Rock, the Papacy:
Isaiah 22: 20-24
In that day I will call my servant Eli'akim the son of Hilki'ah, and I will cloth him with your robe, and will bind your belt on him, and he will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah, and I will place on his shoulders the key to the of the house of David; he shall open and none shall shut; he shall shut and none shall open"
Mathew 16:18
"You are Kepha (large rock) and on this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven; whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven"
Clement of Rome
"Accept our council and you will have nothing to regret....if anyone disobeys the things which have been said by Him (Jesus) through us, let them know that they will involve themselves in no small danger"
Letter to the Corinthians 95 AD
Ignatius of Antioch
"You (the see of Rome) have envied no one, but others you have taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force"
Epistle to the Romans 110 AD
Irenaeus
"With that Church (in Rome), because of it's superior origin, all the churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition"
Iraneus,against heresies, 189 AD
www.staycatholic.com/ecf_primacy_of_rome.htm
~~~

AS PER USUAL..

The only evidence that you can produce comes from the (Roman catholic church) The one that you can find nothing in the Bible to prove it's existence. and using its biased translation translated in the dead Latin language.

2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves:

but they measuring themselves by themselves, and

comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God.(Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)
Specifically, the Bible says he will:
...Jesus will build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
...Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
...Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
...Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says:..."God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
...If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.
Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.
He will.....he came once as a sacrifice..man of sorrows..by His stripes we are healed Michael...he shall come a gain in Glory ...all prophecies have not been fulfilled....they will be ..and not by any religion...(Christ h a d not much good to say about "religion")
Faith is what He preached...in HIM In His Father..in the Spirit of God ...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have anything against their intentions. It was frustrating to watch because it had really good scenery. The Roman and Jewish priests were great. So was Peter and John. But the actors who played Jesus and Mary were not very good. They could have done a better job all around, especially with some of the writing. It just didn't work imo. But to each their own.
It's a darn thing it was a movie and not real life, because in real life all those traitors to Judaism should have been crucified rather than "only" Jesus.

THAT within the framework of religion ... would have been fair.

TINK about it. The Catholics killed everyone not faithful to Catholicism as heretics.

Fair is fair ... RIGHT???

The faithful Jews to Judaism should have slaughtered Jesus and his mother and the apostles and Peter the first Jewish pope turned Catholic and John the baptist, et cetera.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too much lady ..lol. needed a,chuckle today..
By the,way ..I hate time change!!!
lol.......me too....I am thinking, Miracle Grow. Think that would help me??

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He will.....he came once as a sacrifice..
You are so full of lies, you can't see beyond them.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

<quoted text>
~~~
but they measuring themselves by themselves, and
comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
NO KIDDING???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"I believe that a creator does not exist for the same reason you DO believe a creator exists."
No ya don't June.
I have all the personal proof I need. You got but mere unprovable theory.
"We both have our own beliefs, and they are not prove-able."
Incorrect June.
Mine is. Yours is not.
All preachers in all religions are braggarts. You aren't the first by any means, and you won't be the last either.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What theory?
All theory is good science. Theory comprehends that there is always more to learn.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....what does it prove?......... That no one has the ultimate truth.
They are all braggarts.

If they were to claim that they didn't know the answers, they would have to admit that they don't FAITH in what they were taught is based on truth.

And theologians taught them that lack of faith will land them in hell.

Those theologians were very cunning operators in deed.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

<quoted text>
~~~
A surgeon that operated on my wife, is a Muslim married to a Christian ...
When She (at a weak moment ) considered converting TO Islam he told his wife that she shouldn't..
He said if she did, and relented and returned to Christianity HE WOULD HAVE TO KILL HER..
It sounds like the old time Catholics and Protestants before the government stated they had to separate their religions from the law, and that if they killed in the name of religion anymore, they would be incarcerated as naughty servants of the one "God."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Those old-time popes don't talk the same language as pope Francis.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In 1302, Pope Boniface VIII promulgated the Bull Unam Sanctam:

"With faith urging us we are forced to believe and to hold the one, holy, Catholic Church and that, apostolic, and we firmly believe and simply confess this (Church) outside which there is no salvation nor remission of sin ... Furthermore, we declare, say, define and proclaim to every human creature that they by necessity for salvation are entirely subject to the Roman Pontiff."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 16 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••