Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688559 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#520666 Mar 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise. Most have no morals.
That's what the Catholics keep telling the Protestants, and the Protestants keep telling the Catholics.

Maybe one of these days they will convince each other of the "truth."

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520667 Mar 12, 2014
UH yes ... of course ... heretics had to be baptized before being burned to death ... or they couldn't make it to hell.

Nuttier than fruitcakes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.

Good Protestant that he was, Andrews blamed one of his Jesuit predecessors for the Mohawks’ dismaying faith in the sovereign “vertue” of baptism because they had seen him baptize enemies about to be burned to death with little or no instruction.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#520668 Mar 12, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
1. We've already proved your proof wrong from the Bible

2 , this time ask God to open your ears in hearing.

3. Question: "Was Saint Peter the first pope?"

1. You haven't proved me wrong from the Bible, you don't even have all the Bible to prove me wrong with. What you have are some very modern interpretations of what you think the apostles taught.

2. You are not asking God to open up my ears you're asking me to ignore many facts. Which I don't feel comfortable doing. You are asking me to believe the Bible fell from the sky and the Apostles didn't correctly explain it or they did explain it, but their students got it all messedup. The earth is 5,000 yrs old; the born-again movement says that I will believe this if I just become 'born again'? The Bible says the Church is the pillar and foundations of truth but you say "no it's the Bible." That is a strange and new teaching we were warned about, get it?

3. Yes St Peter was clearly the head of the Apostles, the Pope. no matter how you slice and dice the scriptures, it still does not change archaeological and historic fact. it was the authority of this church that put your Bible together including the seven books your forefathers removed.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#520669 Mar 12, 2014
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler
marge

Leesburg, GA

#520670 Mar 12, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
After Jesus returned to the Father He sent the Holy Spirit to His Apostles and they went out and preached His Good News boldly. They also appointed replacements for Judas and for other Apostles as they felt the need. If they could do that couldn't they also appoint a leader from among their own number? What do you think?
There is no evidence in the Bible they ever did but evidence they did not. So i'm 100% sure they did not. Did you look at the evidence?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#520671 Mar 12, 2014
Hey 'T' from NZ how are you?:)
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520672 Mar 12, 2014
I am fine!
I understood what you try say.
Why you judging others people who is innocent?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#520673 Mar 12, 2014
Tiger Lily wrote:
"Sixtus IV was the first pope to license the brothels of Rome; they brought him in thirty thousand ducats a year (roughly the yearly income of 30 common labourers). He also gained considerably from a tax imposed on priests who kept
SNIPPED ?
Out of all the Bible idolaters on here you take the blue ribbon. I want to see the Catholics leave the forum for a few hours and watch all you fanatics fight over scripture verses ...maybe the Sabbath would be a good start?
you guys r so sure you have the Holy Spirit guiding you to biblical interpretations, and none of you can face the cold hard truth that its impossible, but you're too filled with pride. Y'all wanna believe that you're the ones and not the others ....this would make a great reality show in a house or desert island..
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520674 Mar 12, 2014
no

just say
sweet jesus i love you
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520675 Mar 12, 2014
Jesus Christ
I love you
protect us
from spirit of assault

byyyyyyyyy
my lovly friennds
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520676 Mar 12, 2014
see your sir wrote that
oh my Lord I love you..its not to be very bad innocent in heart as child see

How you find now what I describe?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#520677 Mar 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
2. You are not asking God to open up my ears you're asking me to ignore many facts. Which I don't feel comfortable doing. You are asking me to believe the Bible fell from the sky and the Apostles didn't correctly explain it or they did explain it, but their students got it all messed up.
One thing at a time please, the fact is the Apostles did explain everything orally for 30-60 years before they wrote anything down and what they wrote down is what we need to know. Can you agree with that?

And again do you understand the Bible is not a man's interpretation of God's word but really God's word to You and Us through Jesus and there is not another person involved?
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520678 Mar 12, 2014
o most precious blood of Mercy
have Mercy on whole world
and strengthen us
that we can console with your secret heart..

sweet heart of Jesus may I love you more and more every day every every day more more and moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520679 Mar 12, 2014
god left law in time and space
he asked you how
are you hungry
yes my Lord they are hungry
who is hungry today my Lord
Did you say to us we live from every 'words'?

oh my Lord how much hunger for you of this materialistic world..

you not understood my little language don't you..

my father sit me with him on my grandfather properthy not because tradition..its wish to stay with my fathere..
here he give me small shaul then say
castle yep i made as tiny child castle from mad..
seeeeeeeeee
why
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#520680 Mar 12, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence in the Bible they ever did but evidence they did not. So i'm 100% sure they did not. Did you look at the evidence?
I don't recall any evidence that the Apostles didn't select one of their number as a leader. What evidence are you talking about?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#520681 Mar 12, 2014
truth wrote:
god left law in time and space
he asked you how
are you hungry
yes my Lord they are hungry
who is hungry today my Lord
Did you say to us we live from every 'words'?
oh my Lord how much hunger for you of this materialistic world..
you not understood my little language don't you..
my father sit me with him on my grandfather properthy not because tradition..its wish to stay with my fathere..
here he give me small shaul then say
castle yep i made as tiny child castle from mad..
seeeeeeeeee
why
That's sweet.

So how old are you and what are your interests?

I'm a guy you know.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#520682 Mar 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of all the Bible idolaters on here you take the blue ribbon. I want to see the Catholics leave the forum for a few hours and watch all you fanatics fight over scripture verses ...maybe the Sabbath would be a good start?
you guys r so sure you have the Holy Spirit guiding you to biblical interpretations, and none of you can face the cold hard truth that its impossible, but you're too filled with pride. Y'all wanna believe that you're the ones and not the others ....this would make a great reality show in a house or desert island..
It is useless to fast from food, protests St. Basil, and yet to indulge in cruel criticism and slander:'You do not eat meat, but you devour your brother'. 7 The same point is made in the Triodion, especially during the first week of Lent:

As we fast from food, let us abstain also from every passion...

Let us observe a fast acceptable and pleasing to the Lord.
True fasting is to put away all evil,
To control the tongue, to forbear from anger,
To abstain from lust, slander, falsehood and perjury.
If we renounce these things, then is our fasting true and acceptable to God.
Let us keep the Fast not only by refraining from food,
But by becoming strangers to all the bodily passions. 8
http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith/ourfaith9199
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520683 Mar 12, 2014
interest

ha ha ha
no any interest toward anyone
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

'i been before'
who seek my life must died psalm 63

Who is on my place?
truth

Leeming, Australia

#520684 Mar 12, 2014
set up evil way as spirit of evils are slenders
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee

every spirit is not holy

within twinkle eye entire ozone can goneeeeeeeeee

then your evil toughts toward me can disapiers with that
se

i am not to much smart
but i can be very smart sometimes

be good or else not will be second time
no for this world
noooo

be good

many innocent will pay heavy price
in name of evil corrupt diploma

Jesus Christ word is perfect
'o you scribe's Pharisee wolfs dogs cats mouse vipers this or that'
find there long story how they can set up much more..

blade of Jesus Christ..
see holy cross INRI
marge

Leesburg, GA

#520685 Mar 12, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall any evidence that the Apostles didn't select one of their number as a leader. What evidence are you talking about?
Same prayer for you that the Lord shall open your ears to hear His words from the Bible, I have the Word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web