Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641721 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#520566 Mar 12, 2014
I am no longer under the spell of religion. I now have trust that if I treat others in a fair manner, that is the best I can do with my life. Surely you don't believe that if an afterlife exists, I will be punished for trying my best to be fair ... DO YOU???

Prince George, Canada

#520567 Mar 12, 2014
Those in religion keep warning others about the end of times.

If time ends then there will be no punishments, or rewards.

And if time continues after death ... then there is no end to time.

Religion is stupid!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#520568 Mar 12, 2014
22Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. 23Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.…
marge

Leesburg, GA

#520569 Mar 12, 2014
1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Prince George, Canada

#520570 Mar 12, 2014
I suggest that before religion was born in the mind of human animals ... those hairy ape-like humans were only concerned with their next meals, in the hopes that they would not be the meals of some other animals.

It's not by chance that human animals are the only ones on earth that fight over who the gods love and who the gods reject.

Idiocy!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#520571 Mar 12, 2014
2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Prince George, Canada

#520572 Mar 12, 2014
If you believe that a god loves you while rejecting others ... I suggest you take a whip to your own egos and instruct them that they can no longer rule over you.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#520573 Mar 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I am no longer under the spell of religion. I now have trust that if I treat others in a fair manner, that is the best I can do with my life. Surely you don't believe that if an afterlife exists, I will be punished for trying my best to be fair ... DO YOU???
Well you'll need all the help you can get.

I'm still putting in a good word for you if you like it or not.
The Ghost Of Dr Seuss

Morgantown, KY

#520574 Mar 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian theologians have been frightening people with that nonsense since Christianity began ... and you still keep promoting the same lies to the new generations to in turn keep them in fear.
Ridiculous blather.
Humans have no such power to end the earth. And if you believe that you live on after the earth disintegrates ... why are you so worried about the earth?
And I suggest you keep in mind that the Jehovah's Witnesses live in their own delusions that they will rule over the earth.
People lead their selves into the delusions, allowing the delusions to then have FULL control.
Lies and truth they sometimes mix.
But it is up to you the one you pick.

Prince George, Canada

#520575 Mar 12, 2014
As a child I would not believe that a god would send a savior for one group of believers and yet deny others of the same privilege. It made no sense to me.

I relate to the story (whether true or false) about the Eskimo and the Catholic priest ... paraphrasing.

Eskimo ... "So you say that if I never was told about Jesus being my savior, I wouldn't have to go to hell?"

Catholic priest ... "Yes, that's right."

Eskimo ... "Then why did you tell me?"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#520576 Mar 12, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not gonna find that in your posts, eh?
Do what you are told to do....If ever you come across some intelligence...on anything...get back to me.

Prince George, Canada

#520577 Mar 12, 2014
marge wrote:
2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
Isn't that bible ever handy to persuade you that you are Christ's special messenger and that others are evil fodder for the devil?

You have willingly let religion go to your HEAD and allow it to stupefy you with overdoses of arrogance!

You don't realize that the same scriptures that you use against others are being used BY others against you.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#520578 Mar 12, 2014
The Ghost Of Dr Seuss wrote:
<quoted text>Lies and truth they sometimes mix.
But it is up to you the one you pick.
I pix the one that is the truth -- that stays the same in Des Moines and Duluth.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#520579 Mar 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Do what you are told to do....If ever you come across some intelligence...on anything...get back to me.
So you're looking for intelligence.

No surprise there.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#520580 Mar 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that bible ever handy to persuade you that you are Christ's special messenger and that others are evil fodder for the devil?
You have willingly let religion go to your HEAD and allow it to stupefy you with overdoses of arrogance!
You don't realize that the same scriptures that you use against others are being used BY others against you.
Well at any rate you're mind is gone and we keep you around for laughs.

Prince George, Canada

#520581 Mar 12, 2014
marge wrote:
22Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. 23Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.…
The Jews (faithful to Judaism) did not write that slop. The ex-Jew Catholics wrote it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#520582 Mar 12, 2014
To think that Jews who believed they were already ADONAI's chosen few would believe they needed a savior is fool-hardy.

Only the Jews that desired to break away and become the leaders of a new religion wrote that a messiah was expected on the religious scene.

Martin Luther couldn't figure out how to come up with a new savior, so he had to pull off the scam that Jesus decided to leave Catholicism, as the Catholics claimed before him that Jesus had previously left Judaism FOR Catholicism.

That Jesus savior-myth has been worn out by one stupid theologian after another.

Joseph Smith claimed he had visions from God telling him how to restore the gospel (new testament) to its original truth ... so "his" idiot followers came up with the Book of Mormon.

Bunkology

Prince George, Canada

#520583 Mar 12, 2014
The Catholics claimed that Jesus was baptized into Catholicism by Saint John ... but Martin Luther never even bothered to pretend that Jesus took any vows to leave Catholicism for Protestantism.

He seemed to take for granted that his followers would believe that Jesus went along (like an untrained puppy) into Protestantism.

If you don't see the string of lies, it's because you don't want to see, and it's because you are still adamant at clinging to the idea that you are SPECIAL to a supposed savior.

The same story (except for different titles hung on the saviors) has been told many times over in religions ... long before Christianity or Islam ever existed.

Prince George, Canada

#520584 Mar 12, 2014
And of course the JWs are certain that THEY are the "upright and blameless ones" that will be left behind to rule over the earth.

The bible created idiots out of humans that were already suffering from the dense ongoing blight of ignorance.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the August 2010 edition of the WATCHTOWER magazine

Crime and injustice will end. God’s word promises:“The upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.”*—Proverbs 2:21, 22.

Prince George, Canada

#520585 Mar 12, 2014
What type of junk-food have you fed your brains to ingest the stupidity that a god that hates sin would create Adam and Eve ... knowing ahead of time that they were going to sin and go on to pollute all of the following generations with continual sin???

Can't you see that (within the theology) the god would have defeated his own purpose of wanting humans to avoid sin???

Did you never ask your selves these type of questions???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr I recently left 10,106
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) Fri Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web