Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637408 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#520525 Mar 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians preach that Jesus was and is a the son of a holy god.
Would that be the "god" that serves Catholics as his chosen few ... or Protestants as his chosen few?
It sure as the "devil" would not be the same "god" that used to love only the Jews as his chosen few.
Bunkology
Interesting.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#520526 Mar 12, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How would people obtain that sort of info? Especially during a time period when nobody had any idea what the guy down the road was doing? Her reply was expected.
She will mock us for believing in a God that's not true while at the same time, she believes these stories that aren't true. Both you two will latch on to anything if it smears the Catholic Church.
And no, it doesn't affect me or the truth of the Catholic faith if our Bishop sinned. Its unfortunate though, I would hate to be in their shoes as a stand before God.
Liam says...
...What do you mean nobody had any idea what the guy down the road was doing?

...I guess we could say that about anything stated throughout history about your church.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#520527 Mar 12, 2014
........,Where is HOJO?

Maybe he went back to the protestant church and he is on their forum now trashing the catholics.
truth

Perth, Australia

#520529 Mar 12, 2014
DON'T LISTEN EVIL SATANIC CORUPT ACCUSERS

OBEY DISPLINE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

say podmuklosti
ko postanaru u institucijama nema mjesta
marshh mavroooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo

podmuklostje podstanar vashim institucijama
nechu shutit

-prelazite li savjesno preko tih propalih accusera i njiovih kupljenih diploma propagiranih kriminalaca na vlasti
znas to su oni
pljuni pa prilipi
i dali ih podrzajete u potpunosti
sliljepilo dushe i razuma=reprobrate mind

your law is not my law
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#520530 Mar 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If ever you come across some intelligence...on anything...get back to me.
Well, I'm not gonna find that in your posts, eh?

United States

#520531 Mar 12, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
It is puzzling to me why the Pope continues making vague pronouncements that could be read in a liberal or conservative fashion. The pronouncement says what you want it to say..
The Vatican then steps in to clarify. "Don't take the statement st face value. Look behind the words.Conservative.
When Pope Francis came on the scene I thought "what a gift!!"
But what is this game the Vatican is playing.
cant the Pope say the first time what he means or do a follow up statement.
No malice intended
-
-
The Pope keeps making vague pronouncements because the pope is puzzled, too.
-
Indeed the Vatican IS playing a game. Walking a tightrope, as it were. Noncommittal. Must not be speaking ex cathedra .. as it were. But, then again, how can the pope be infallible when trying to address the worldwide protection of pedophilia in its clergy and still retain a modicum of legitimacy on the world stage?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520532 Mar 12, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You make assumptions based on facts not in evidence.
I have no interest whatsoever in what >you< think on the matter, but thanks for sharing.
I'm glad you mentioned facts and evidence.

I guarantee I have as much or more legally admissible factual evidence for my one true God than you have for your delusional, immoral god.

What factual evidence do you have for your god, evidence that can be verified and used in a court of law?

Zero. There is no real-world evidence for your delusion.

Ramen
truth

Perth, Australia

#520533 Mar 12, 2014
law not exist
as never exist
serve your evil not me

i am full of courage tell you

evil serve evil
not god

nothing to do with god

podmuklost vam je draza od svega za setirat na davliji prokleti i nacin

there is a no law
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#520534 Mar 12, 2014
in matrix is so long evil upon evil liars upon liars and so on

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#520535 Mar 12, 2014
truth wrote:
We are all children of God!
its written
It's also "written" that the evil people who don't believe in Jesus will spend eternity in hell.

Anything you want to believe has been "written" by somebody or other.

Prince George, Canada

#520536 Mar 12, 2014
It is puzzling to me why the Pope continues making vague pronouncements that could be read in a liberal or conservative fashion. The pronouncement says what you want it to say..
What else do you expect? The Protestant theologian John Calvin ordered the death of humans that committed adultery and he ordered the death of a 7 years of age child for striking his parents.

Do you think for a moment that dear old John could use the bible in that "fashion" in this era and get away with it???

The pope has to walk on eggshells today. He can't order the death of supposed heretics anymore as did the "privileged" popes of days gone by.

But I suggest that if there was no law to stop him ... he would be of the same mindset as the early popes. "If they disagree with my doctrines ... KILL them!!!"

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#520537 Mar 12, 2014
The Vatican then steps in to clarify. "Don't take the statement st face value. Look behind the words.Conservative.
No malice intended
Hermi

Peace

The Pope is probably a middle-of-the-line kind of guy, but the pundits in the RCC have to spin it their own way....

I suspect he now has to watch what he says, more than what he used to, which probably makes him a bit more reticent to make remarks off the cuff, and isolates him....

I also suspect there is a lot of "in-fighting" to which we are not privy to over what he says, since everything he says "must" be explained. But this is nothing new, the disciples around Jesus were a bunch of characters too....(smiles)

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#520538 Mar 12, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Of COURSE you had to snip verses - The Catholic Church ALWAYS DOES when it has been proven to ABHOR the truth that is plainly written in the Bible in favor of the lies and blasphemy brought in by popes. This blasphemy can't be more plain or pronounced than the Church's denial of "call no man your father" - Matthew 23:9 - words spoken by Jesus Christ himself ...
Yeah, you gotta *snip* that one, too, don't you?
-
You can't stand the words of Christ - so you call Christ a liar and the popes are revered as "humble men" when they INSIST on being called Father ... the very popes who ordered the murder and torture of 'heretics' and the cover-up of pedophilia in their ranks.
-
Quote: Liam ..."Remember, the first thirty Pope's were executed. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"
uh, Liam .... how many HERETICS were MURDERED by decree of "popes" ... doesn't that mean anything to YOU? How many little boys were RAPED by priests ... some of which no doubt became pope ...
You are an idiot.

If you don't believe that Catholics know truth ... why would you believe the Protestants that used the Catholic bible to create the KJV ... would know truth???
truth

Perth, Australia

#520539 Mar 12, 2014
my neighbour have dry wings yee as figs

wicket wings on outside as nailon full

master of them whoooooooooo

Prince George, Canada

#520540 Mar 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
,...who gets into conversations like this with your wife's surgeon?.
....I believe you made this story up.
I agree.

A Muslim surgeon in America would know better than to discuss religion with Christian patients ... of all the silly things.

Confrinting with the word is desperate to convince others that GOD has called him to preach the Protestant religion as the only universal truth.

He overdoses on only his favorite scriptures that he is certain makes him WISE.

It's a bad habit with those in religion.

Prince George, Canada

#520541 Mar 12, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So what government do you suppose will put an end to all the religous killing going on currently?
Those in Muslim countries have no intention of separating religion from government. And that is the problem. And that is why in Africa the Christians are as crazy as the Muslims at taking up arms in the name of religion.

In America the Protestant founding fathers took care of that problem. They stopped the first Protestants from killing each other and said "NO more of this. You must keep your religion to yourselves, and stop killing each other as heretics."

That is why today in America we have the freedom of religion law, which protects ALL religions and protects Atheists and Agnostics from those who want to kill in the name of their religions.

Prince George, Canada

#520542 Mar 12, 2014
truth wrote:
DON'T LISTEN EVIL SATANIC CORUPT ACCUSERS
OBEY DISPLINE
When you claim that GOD loves all his children ... why do you suppose he would hire a devil to work in hell burning evil souls for eternity???

Your religion has messed up your brain ... BIG TIME,

Instead of supporting and promoting your Catholic religion ... I suggest you should be blaming it for your mental problems.

Prince George, Canada

#520543 Mar 12, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi
Peace
The Pope is probably a middle-of-the-line kind of guy, but the pundits in the RCC have to spin it their own way....
I suspect he now has to watch what he says, more than what he used to, which probably makes him a bit more reticent to make remarks off the cuff, and isolates him....
I also suspect there is a lot of "in-fighting" to which we are not privy to over what he says, since everything he says "must" be explained. But this is nothing new, the disciples around Jesus were a bunch of characters too....(smiles)
Peace
Is this your newest revelation stemming from your Christian CENTER that is neither Catholic or Protestant???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#520544 Mar 12, 2014
Martin Luther was not only willing but able to use the same bible as the pope to start his new religion.

However the Protestant Puritans got fed up with using the same bible as the pope and so they asked King James I to use the Catholic Bible to interpret it into a Protestant Bible.

Then the Protestants were full of PRIDE that they no longer had to rely on a Catholic bible.

If that isn't hilarious ... WHAT IS???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

The Millenary Petition, 1603

This petition, supposedly representing a thousand Puritans, was presented to James I on his way to London. He granted a conference the following year, authorized a new version of the scriptures, and made a few concessions, but he insisted on conformity to the Prayer Book, which was only slightly changed.(Gee and Hardy, Documents Illistrative of English Church History. Cf. Fuller, Church History of Britain.)

Meanwhile, a fresh form of Protestant authoritarianism was emerging in the person of John Calvin (1509-1564)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#520545 Mar 12, 2014
No malice intended
~~~

If you study prophecy from the old testament, it could help you understand what the current pope ...is up to....

The Muslims have ask him to become the custodian of the Temple Mount, apparently Israel will ultimately consent to it ...and now he is working in a diplomatic position to bring

( his brand) of Christianity in , and unify the three....Working to establish the antichrist ..from

the Temple mount...

Mat_24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Fri serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 28 Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web