Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599448 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#520187 Mar 10, 2014
who="Electrical Engineer" <quoted text>
What I don't get is how someone can blindly follow something that has been re-written so many times that the original context is basically a mystery.

----------
You are behind the times, E. E. The Qumran discovery had a copy of Isaiah that reads just like the one we have.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#520188 Mar 10, 2014
-not as others have
noooooooooooooooooo
is that mental plain

4 corners angels
north east south west

corrupt is corrupt

its written
don't be corrupt mind
pre;na;puce.nost
nast nest nist nost nust
nest=symbol as to comfirm have to be as they wish to be
nista=0=nistavno as destructivno
tisno
b-z
dis fis ris
seeeeeeeeee
das des dis dos dus
fis=platiti
ris =face of people or face club or organizations or similar

gusto
gas ges gis god gus
sta ste sti sto stu

who how where when as well why

its already known on front

puce moj=cros way of cross
truth

Perth, Australia

#520189 Mar 10, 2014
building as materialistic possession are stone=stone can't think or care less=yes its will be permanent care as materialistic symbol or control or for destruction or for what

be good
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#520190 Mar 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion equated to ... create your own imaginary reality.
It's a very common habit.
You should know.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#520191 Mar 10, 2014
]who="Electrical Engineer" <quoted text>
What I don't get is how someone can blindly follow something that has been re-written so many times that the original context is basically a mystery.
----------
You are behind the times, E. E. The Qumran discovery had a copy of Isaiah that reads just like the one we have.
KayMarie

----------
Maybe you don't know about the Qumran discovery. It was copies of scripture that are hundreds of years old.

KayMarie
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#520192 Mar 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those who did not live a life of glory would go to the underworld Niflheim, ruled over by the Goddess Hel.
http://www.paranormal-nyc.com/pagan.html
Planning your retirement?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#520193 Mar 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
WITCHES
During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after eight hundred years, gathered up its halters, thumb-screws, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood.
Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry.....There are no witches. The witch text remains; only the practice has changed. Hell fire is gone, but the text remains. Infant damnation is gone, but the text remains. More than two hundred death penalties are gone from the law books, but the texts that authorized them remain.
- "Bible Teaching and Religious Practice," Europe and Elsewhere
Mark Twain
Glad you made it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#520194 Mar 10, 2014
How looks when skin burning?
Who show that to me?
what i never see or know its exist ,but exist..

ITS LIGHT

its bring me in light

its give me to see
i walk between them

i been before in future there
how its happen

when you try keep me away
you pool me with you
i seeeeeee

how i come back

i don't know for that mystery who and how
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#520195 Mar 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>not one Christian on this Forum is IGNORANT enough to believe that any pedophile priest or queer priest changes bread into the body of Jesus or the wine into blood. to believe that means that you are almost as insane as your church leaders. they know better but it works, it takes your money
We don't believe the Priest changes the bread into the body either. Jesus does.

You, like Marge, knowingly embrace lies in order to have your religion. You know your theology is impossible, Preston. You know it doesn't make sense. For that, you're a phony.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#520196 Mar 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>not one Christian on this Forum is IGNORANT enough to believe that any pedophile priest or queer priest changes bread into the body of Jesus or the wine into blood. to believe that means that you are almost as insane as your church leaders. they know better but it works, it takes your money
It's like this, Preston. The whole lie of Protestanism and sola scripture comes crashing down right before your eyes, and people like you and Marge could care less. Watching you two sustain a lie is not fun. Serious, it is not fun. It's sad.

You call yourself a Bible alone Christian and you don't even use all the Bible. There is no record of anyone calling themselves a "Bible alone Christian" in all of Christianity prior to the 16th and 17th century. So what happened?

Here is a perfect example of your idiocy: The inspired Book of Wisdom prophetically spoke about Jesus Christ in more detail then Isaiah or Psalms. The Book of Wisdom is the accepted Biblical book by Catholic, Orthodox, Ethiopian Jews and all of Christendom prior to Luther and Calvin. You people removed it. Why?

Wisdom of Solomon 2:13-22

"He professes to have knowledge of God, and calls himself a child of the Lord.
He became to us a reproof of our thoughts; the very sight of him is a burden
to us, because his manner of life is unlike that of others,
and his ways are strange.
16 We are considered by him as something base, and he avoids our ways as unclean;
he calls the last end of the righteous happy,
and boasts that God is his father.
17 Let us see if his words are true,
and let us test what will happen at the end of his life;
18 for if the righteous man is God's son, He will help him.
and will deliver him from the hand of his adversaries.
Let us test him with insult and torture,
that we may find out how gentle he is,
and make trial of his forbearance.
Let us condemn him to a shameful death,
for according to what he says, he will be protected"

21 Thus they reasoned, but they were led astray,
for their wickedness blinded them
22 and they did not know the secret purpose of God, nor hope for the wages
of holiness nor discern the prize for blameless souls.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#520197 Mar 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't believe the Priest changes the bread into the body either. Jesus does.
You, like Marge, knowingly embrace lies in order to have your religion. You know your theology is impossible, Preston. You know it doesn't make sense. For that, you're a phony.
.....2 weeks ago christians, Anthony, Regina, Dust Storm unleashed insults and name calling towards Christians Sera and Nick...Sera and Nick responded back in defense.

....Tonight christian Preston insults new christian Robert F, and christian Liam. Christian Liam responds back with his own insults.

.....Posters wonder why I left organized religion.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#520198 Mar 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like this, Preston. The whole lie of Protestanism and sola scripture comes crashing down right before your eyes, and people like you and Marge could care less. Watching you two sustain a lie is not fun. Serious, it is not fun. It's sad.
You call yourself a Bible alone Christian and you don't even use all the Bible. There is no record of anyone calling themselves a "Bible alone Christian" in all of Christianity prior to the 16th and 17th century. So what happened?
Here is a perfect example of your idiocy: The inspired Book of Wisdom prophetically spoke about Jesus Christ in more detail then Isaiah or Psalms. The Book of Wisdom is the accepted Biblical book by Catholic, Orthodox, Ethiopian Jews and all of Christendom prior to Luther and Calvin. You people removed it. Why?
Wisdom of Solomon 2:13-22
"He professes to have knowledge of God, and calls himself a child of the Lord.
He became to us a reproof of our thoughts; the very sight of him is a burden
to us, because his manner of life is unlike that of others,
and his ways are strange.
16 We are considered by him as something base, and he avoids our ways as unclean;
he calls the last end of the righteous happy,
and boasts that God is his father.
17 Let us see if his words are true,
and let us test what will happen at the end of his life;

18 for if the righteous man is God's son, He will help him.
and will deliver him from the hand of his adversaries.
Let us test him with insult and torture,
that we may find out how gentle he is,
and make trial of his forbearance.
Let us condemn him to a shameful death,
for according to what he says, he will be protected"
21 Thus they reasoned, but they were led astray,
for their wickedness blinded them
22 and they did not know the secret purpose of God, nor hope for the wages
of holiness nor discern the prize for blameless souls.
....You call them bible only, yet you post from the bible and rarely post church canon laws or papal documents on this forum. Aren't you really bible only yourself?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#520199 Mar 10, 2014
Its good not to have a night of posts from Anthony, ReginaM,, dust storm, Star C. No arguing, no insults, no name calling, no Jesus loves you but he loves me more nonsense

....What a great enjoyable night on topix without all the drama queens.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#520200 Mar 10, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible, he was never a born-again evangelical.
Says who, you? You're no fun to even converse with. I've never met anyone who forces themselves to be stupid like you do. And i don't think you're really stupid, that's why it's sad..

You spoke about Bill Nye the science guy debating that creationist museum owner/ born-again evangelical fanatic, Ken Ham?(i think that was you). Well, the debate already happened, and it was the most embarrassing thing i ever heard. How you people made your way into main stream Christianity is beyond comprehension. Bill Nye was very respectful. It was like an adult talking to a 4th grader. The born-again Ham guy had no answer for anything. He just kept repeating "the Bible, the Bible Bible". 3 million people watched this, Marge... They all watched this moron (on behalf of Christianity unfortunately) defend the '5,000 yr old earth' argument that you fanatics hold on too. You're Bible Idolaters. You have no clue what the Bible is. And here is one of you on T.V taking on Bill Nye with your modern, incredibly ignorant view of the Bible?
Thankfully Bill Nye was very classy. He pointed out to the viewers that most of Christianity doesn't buy the 5,000 yr old earth crap. Basically, he was speaking about Catholics.
There is just no room for this in Christianity.. I don't doubt your passion for the Lord, but come on Marge. I wish you wouldn't take up these reckless positions.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#520201 Mar 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....2 weeks ago christians, Anthony, Regina, Dust Storm unleashed insults and name calling towards Christians Sera and Nick...Sera and Nick responded back in defense.
....Tonight christian Preston insults new christian Robert F, and christian Liam. Christian Liam responds back with his own insults.
.....Posters wonder why I left organized religion.
I didn't know Preston was a Christian. Are you sure?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#520202 Mar 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know Preston was a Christian. Are you sure?
If he says he is, he is -- unless you all agreed on a minimum test score on a Christian SAT.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#520203 Mar 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who, you? You're no fun to even converse with. I've never met anyone who forces themselves to be stupid like you do. And i don't think you're really stupid, that's why it's sad..
You spoke about Bill Nye the science guy debating that creationist museum owner/ born-again evangelical fanatic, Ken Ham?(i think that was you). Well, the debate already happened, and it was the most embarrassing thing i ever heard. How you people made your way into main stream Christianity is beyond comprehension. Bill Nye was very respectful. It was like an adult talking to a 4th grader. The born-again Ham guy had no answer for anything. He just kept repeating "the Bible, the Bible Bible". 3 million people watched this, Marge... They all watched this moron (on behalf of Christianity unfortunately) defend the '5,000 yr old earth' argument that you fanatics hold on too. You're Bible Idolaters. You have no clue what the Bible is. And here is one of you on T.V taking on Bill Nye with your modern, incredibly ignorant view of the Bible?
Thankfully Bill Nye was very classy. He pointed out to the viewers that most of Christianity doesn't buy the 5,000 yr old earth crap. Basically, he was speaking about Catholics.
There is just no room for this in Christianity.. I don't doubt your passion for the Lord, but come on Marge. I wish you wouldn't take up these reckless positions.

This episode provides some clarification and demonstrates the sham that was the Scopes monkey trial that was initiated by the ACLU. Clarence Darrow went head to head with William Jennings Brian. It also includes the dramatic reenactment of the eventual debate between Darrow and G.K. Chesterton, in which Chesterton all but obliterated Darrow.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#520204 Mar 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to try to refute the absolute truth....speak up.....else can it...
Your claims tell me you're babbling and that you have no valid sources for justifying your claims. If you did you would provide them, but you don't so can it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#520205 Mar 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't catch me pretending to know the future, because I simply don't know.
Those in religion pretend to know that they are spiritual and that they have souls, et cetera, and that there are gods and goddess and places where souls are punished or rewarded.
They seem to have answers, and that is very strange in deed, because they all admit that the creator is way beyond human awareness.
"Suggesting" is pretending.

A synthetic creation of your brain. Huh - just like so-called "Christians".

Fail.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#520206 Mar 10, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Since there is only One God, all people who imagine, or think they are devoted to someone or something other than the One True God, must deviate from the truth.
So, since God favors no one, you are correct.
What is this thing you believe about God playing favorites with people? Is it because you divide people, and therefore are judging them?
There's no point in trying to converse with you, because you just don't GET IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 min Paul Porter1 224
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr Redeemed 84,276
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Mon tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web