Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653770 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#520311 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Catholic doctrine often treats the physical world as an evil to be avoided. Mary, the holiest woman they claim, is portrayed as a virgin. Priests and nuns are celibate and dress down as to not encourage physical enticement, but they encourage everone else to go forth and multiply. Does that make sense Clay? Catholic monasteries are hidden away in remote, secluded locations with very little contact from the outside world ..........why?

.......By contrast, Judaism believes that God created the physical world not to be hidden away but for our pleasure.

Sex in the proper context is one of the holiest acts we can perform. How can something that feels so good be so wrong Clay?

.....something is wrong in what we are taught!

Michael

Canada

#520312 Mar 11, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
How is anyone able to enjoy life without my one true god?
Ramen
Its a mystery, Ramen.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#520313 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry—
Of course the monotheist Jews wanted no part of even a hint of their polytheist history.

That is why they narrowed their varying titles of polytheistic gods down to the honorable title G-d, or, G!d.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#520314 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what Elf Eckman teaching and then compare it to God's Word..doesn't match up. It makes sense for him to join, like the catholic church, his teachings contradict God's Word.
Like most things, I don't think you have a clue what he teaches. All you see is evangelical pastor joins catholic church.
It doesn't matter what he taught before, now his teachings have to fall in line with 2,000 yrs of continuous Catholic teachings. We're not a doctrinal free for all. Our clergy don't preach their own ideas on doctrine. As much as you convince yourself that the born again evangelical movement has the proper guidance from God, we've proved that impossible. Its just a fantasy you all concocted.
You have Biblical anarchy. We don't. Pastor Eckman understands this.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520315 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
Another Evangelical Pastor converts.
This one from Sweden stunned his congregation.
"all this has been both attractive and challenging. It really challenged our Protestant prejudices and we realized we dud not have any basis for our criticism of them. We needed ti know the catholic faith better. This led us to realized it was actually Jesus Christ who led us to the Catholic Church"
Pastor Elf Eckman.
www.patheos. com/blogs/kathyschiffer/
That is a good first step out of Evangelical Xianity insanity.

Next hopefully, he will find the one true God, the only scientifically proven God, and convert -- which will help validate my religion.

Let us all say no to murderous, immoral gods.

Ramem
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#520316 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Catholic doctrine often treats the physical world as an evil to be avoided. Mary, the holiest woman they claim, is portrayed as a virgin. Priests and nuns are celibate and dress down as to not encourage physical enticement, but they encourage everone else to go forth and multiply. Does that make sense Clay? Catholic monasteries are hidden away in remote, secluded locations with very little contact from the outside world ..........why?
.......By contrast, Judaism believes that God created the physical world not to be hidden away but for our pleasure.
Sex in the proper context is one of the holiest acts we can perform. How can something that feels so good be so wrong Clay?
Holy, Holy, Holy

Ramen

Quesnel, Canada

#520317 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans were meant to reproduce as are all other animals.

That is why sex is so enjoyable and enticing to all forms of life. If sex was exceedingly painful, we would not want to reproduce.

An example is the story of a farmer that bought a boar pig. When the boar jumped a female for his first sexual encounter he pushed her into an electric fence and got a hell of a jolt of electricity. He wouldn't even try to mate again after that encounter. He probably figured if that was what sex was all about, he was having no more of it.

Quesnel, Canada

#520318 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Our clergy don't preach their own ideas on doctrine.
Popes rarely agreed with each other's doctrines.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Din Timelines

World History Timelines

dec 14 - Adrian II, Italian Pope (867-72)/last married pope, dies at about 80.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#520319 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Wrong again!
...you are now 0 for 10.
...why do you have fascinations with people who aren't like you? Shouldn't you be posting to your fellow followers, or are they just TOO. BORING!
....thanks for reading my posts.
Then tell me Mike all about your catholic experience. When/ how did it start. thanks

Quesnel, Canada

#520320 Mar 11, 2014
It makes no sense within theology that Mary's soul would go "BACK" to Christian heaven when Mary was born into Judaism.

TINK about it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Assumption, Feast of the. 15 August, celebrated in the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH to commemorate the death of the Virgin Mary and the assumption of her body into HEAVEN when it was reunited to her soul. It can be traced back to the 6th century and in 1950 Pope Pius XII declared that the Corporal Assumption was thenceforth a dogma of the Church.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#520321 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what he taught before, now his teachings have to fall in line with 2,000 yrs of continuous Catholic teachings. We're not a doctrinal free for all. Our clergy don't preach their own ideas on doctrine. As much as you convince yourself that the born again evangelical movement has the proper guidance from God, we've proved that impossible. Its just a fantasy you all concocted.
You have Biblical anarchy. We don't. Pastor Eckman understands this.
You said he was an evangelical pastor. No he wasn't, he doesn't teach the true gospel. He's just jumping from one false teaching to another.

Quesnel, Canada

#520322 Mar 11, 2014
This pope changed the doctrines ... BIG TIME!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following........

On the death of Alexander II, Hildebrand ordered a fast for three days, and was then acclaimed by the people and elected by the cardinals as Pope Gregory VII (1073—85). Dedicated to the austere ideals of Cluny, Gregory sought to enforce clerical celibacy not only as a purer state but as a means of freeing the church from the world. In1074 he prohibited future marriages and ordered married priests to dismiss their wives or give up reading mass. Clerical marriage from his viewpoint was no better than fornication. Laymen were urged not to take the sacraments from such guilty priests. Havoc resulted. Priests were insulted, tortured; some were driven to suicide, some even murdered. Legal wives became harlots, and legitimate children, bastards. But Gregory moved relentlessly forward, unseating bishops who opposed him, especially in the north. He enforced clerical celibacy, but at a great price and without permanence, for at the time of the Reformation in the sixteenth century the church was licensing clerical concubines and taxing the children of bishops.

Quesnel, Canada

#520323 Mar 11, 2014
Here is another pope that totally had his own opinions that conflicted with the opinions of other popes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Man from a Far Country—A portrait of Pope John Paul II, by Mary Craig.

Indeed he understood those who denied that there was a God. He had, as many of the fathers had not, first-hand experience with atheism and numbered many unbelievers among his friends. Like Pope John, he preferred to look for the common ground between them, believing that the church must take man as he is.

It is not the role of the Church to flourish its authority in the face of unbelievers. We and all our fellow men are engaged in a search….let us avoid all moralizing and all suggestion that the Church has a monopoly of truth. One of the major defects of the draft is that in it, the Church appears to be an authoritarian institution.

Quesnel, Canada

#520324 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
he doesn't teach the true gospel.
Have you been over-dosing on your favorite scriptures AGAIN???

Quesnel, Canada

#520325 Mar 11, 2014
Guide for Living … Pope Pius XII … Selected Addresses and Letters of His Holiness

World Government

Your movement gentlemen, aims at bringing into being an effective political world organization. Nothing is more in line with the traditional doctrine of the Church nor more adapted to her teaching regarding just and unjust war, particularly at the present juncture.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#520327 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said he was an evangelical pastor. No he wasn't, he doesn't teach the true gospel. He's just jumping from one false teaching to another.
How come every time a protestant pastor converts, you guys say "oh.....well... he wasn't really born again."

Whatever false doctrines Eckman used to preach (whatever that is) it doesn't matter now. He's in the truth of the Catholic faith. And frankly Chuck, you're not in a position to say whether or not he was teaching a false gospel. Protestantland has no authority but who's ever reading the Bible. He read it and came up with X, you read it and came up with Z, Preston came up with something different than you two. None of ya can claim to be the authority. Jesus didn't set it up like that. Church came first, then Bible.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#520328 Mar 11, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
This was my post to Clay. This was in response to commentary made about a fundamentalist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Up9MsZYc5ToXX
This episode provides some clarification and demonstrates the sham that was the Scopes monkey trial that was initiated by the ACLU. Clarence Darrow went head to head with William Jennings Brian. It also includes the dramatic reenactment of the eventual debate between Darrow and G.K. Chesterton, in which Chesterton all but obliterated Darrow.
Your reply to my post
Nonsense.
The actual transcript shows Darrow shredding Bryan. No wonder he kicked off shortly thereafter.
But you are right in one regard -- it was a show trial to make money for the town and to set precedent for an ACLU-supported cause.
It was a set up from the get-go.
See Spot run! Is that more your speed? It's a rhetorical question.
Your statement, " Nonsense, The actual transcript shows Darrow Shreeding Bryan." Now, "Where did I or Ahlquist state that Bryan was brilliant, that he represented all of Christianity or the Catholic Church? He didn't and neither did I. Thus, your statement missed the mark by a mile. The video sums up the events surrounding this charade, none of it which states that Bryant was not beaten up when he took the stand.
It's a strawman you created and you know it. Well given your propensity to be clueless and or not acknowledge your error , but rather insult one can only ascertain that you are a liar, clueless , or both. I believe both are applicable in your case. However, rather than admit you are wrong and correct your error you continue with your strawman act with all it's splendor and pretend you are not being foolish.
Posting tanscripts of the scopes trial is completely irrelevant as Bryants performance is not being defended. So, then you move to attack a dramatic re-enactment. I am quite certain that when Jason Robards and Kirk Douglas did the movie that the reactions were without drama, especially the part where Darrow the atheist really believed in the bible. lol I am quite certain that secularists didn't delight with glee over the opportunity to exploit and overblow the scopes trial. lol
As for the Chesterton and Darrow debate, the newspapers, the accounts, surveys and commentary taken while not an actual transcript demonstrate clearly that Darrow was beaten badly. Fans of Darrow wanted to forget it. The bigger point was that Chesterton was not a fundamentalist and the strategies used by Darrow against Bryant do not work. The Catholic church as do most Jews view Genesis as allegorical. Thus forcing the text to become literal in every sense is mute. Frocing that every detail must be held in the bible alone has never been a Jewish or Catholic belief. The re-enactment brings out key points that Darrow was in fact Shredded by Chesterton. Books and columns written by Chesterton as well as numerous other writings by Catholics including brilliant scientists, anthropologists etc. demonstrate very clearly that the church is not William Jennings Bryant nor is Chesterton. The only position the church has taken in the matter is that God is the creator. The church does not deny the existence of dinosaurs nor does it hold to a specific age of the earth, and is in fact a major proponent of science, the difference being it does not hold that there is no possibility of a creator.
Let me repeat yet again:

There is no transcript from that debate.

Your YouTube "reenactment" is not a reenactment.

It is an invention.

There *is* a transcript from the trial.

I have posted part of it.

Darrow shreds Bryan.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#520329 Mar 11, 2014
ABOVE POST CONTINUED.

JESUS QUOTED ISAIAH IN
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Joh 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Joh_12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

THE APOSTLE PAUL QUOTED iSAIAH
AND SAID THEY WERE STILL IN THIS CONDITION IN HIS DAY

Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word,

Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

THE JEWS ARE STILL IN THE SAME CONDITION TODAY...
BUT THEY WILL CHANGE...
Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

AGAIN i SAY ..JUDGE MY POST AND SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE OF THE WORD OF GOD

i HAVE VALIDATED MY POST FROM THE PROPHET ISAIAH,....JESUS IN JOHN ..

THE APOSTLE PAUL IN ACTS AND

THE PROPHET ZACHARIAH...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#520330 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...So you are saying Judas was a bad person.
. Weren't you taught Jesus came to earth to die for your sins?..Wasn't Jesus suppose to die? If Judas hadn't turned Jesus in, how was Jesus going to die for your sins?. There was no other plan that I am aware of..
.....Scriptures claim it was Gods will that Jesus die. Judas carried out Gods will. The crowd that supposedly screamed Jesus instead of Barabas, carried out Gods will. Right?
....Scriptures claim the small crowd was given a choice Jesus or Barabas right? What would have happened if the crowd changed their mind and they voted to set Jesus free?
...,,..,its all made up stuff, and when I die I will end up the same as you and everyone else.
using your own analogy - you're going to die, mikey, so what's the diff if you rot away through old age or if an intruder comes into your house, ties you all up and takes your family out one by one in front of each other???

aww...don't be a wussy, the intruder isn't being 'bad', he's just expediting the inevitable:-)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#520331 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How come every time a protestant pastor converts, you guys say "oh.....well... he wasn't really born again."
Because Jesus said you will know them by their fruit. He teaches a false gospel just like your church. Jumping from one false teaching to another. Lost and still lost....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 16 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web