Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692194 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#520328 Mar 11, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
This was my post to Clay. This was in response to commentary made about a fundamentalist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Up9MsZYc5ToXX
This episode provides some clarification and demonstrates the sham that was the Scopes monkey trial that was initiated by the ACLU. Clarence Darrow went head to head with William Jennings Brian. It also includes the dramatic reenactment of the eventual debate between Darrow and G.K. Chesterton, in which Chesterton all but obliterated Darrow.
Your reply to my post
Nonsense.
The actual transcript shows Darrow shredding Bryan. No wonder he kicked off shortly thereafter.
But you are right in one regard -- it was a show trial to make money for the town and to set precedent for an ACLU-supported cause.
It was a set up from the get-go.
See Spot run! Is that more your speed? It's a rhetorical question.
Your statement, " Nonsense, The actual transcript shows Darrow Shreeding Bryan." Now, "Where did I or Ahlquist state that Bryan was brilliant, that he represented all of Christianity or the Catholic Church? He didn't and neither did I. Thus, your statement missed the mark by a mile. The video sums up the events surrounding this charade, none of it which states that Bryant was not beaten up when he took the stand.
It's a strawman you created and you know it. Well given your propensity to be clueless and or not acknowledge your error , but rather insult one can only ascertain that you are a liar, clueless , or both. I believe both are applicable in your case. However, rather than admit you are wrong and correct your error you continue with your strawman act with all it's splendor and pretend you are not being foolish.
Posting tanscripts of the scopes trial is completely irrelevant as Bryants performance is not being defended. So, then you move to attack a dramatic re-enactment. I am quite certain that when Jason Robards and Kirk Douglas did the movie that the reactions were without drama, especially the part where Darrow the atheist really believed in the bible. lol I am quite certain that secularists didn't delight with glee over the opportunity to exploit and overblow the scopes trial. lol
As for the Chesterton and Darrow debate, the newspapers, the accounts, surveys and commentary taken while not an actual transcript demonstrate clearly that Darrow was beaten badly. Fans of Darrow wanted to forget it. The bigger point was that Chesterton was not a fundamentalist and the strategies used by Darrow against Bryant do not work. The Catholic church as do most Jews view Genesis as allegorical. Thus forcing the text to become literal in every sense is mute. Frocing that every detail must be held in the bible alone has never been a Jewish or Catholic belief. The re-enactment brings out key points that Darrow was in fact Shredded by Chesterton. Books and columns written by Chesterton as well as numerous other writings by Catholics including brilliant scientists, anthropologists etc. demonstrate very clearly that the church is not William Jennings Bryant nor is Chesterton. The only position the church has taken in the matter is that God is the creator. The church does not deny the existence of dinosaurs nor does it hold to a specific age of the earth, and is in fact a major proponent of science, the difference being it does not hold that there is no possibility of a creator.
Let me repeat yet again:

There is no transcript from that debate.

Your YouTube "reenactment" is not a reenactment.

It is an invention.

There *is* a transcript from the trial.

I have posted part of it.

Darrow shreds Bryan.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#520329 Mar 11, 2014
ABOVE POST CONTINUED.

JESUS QUOTED ISAIAH IN
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Joh 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Joh_12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

THE APOSTLE PAUL QUOTED iSAIAH
AND SAID THEY WERE STILL IN THIS CONDITION IN HIS DAY

Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word,

Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

THE JEWS ARE STILL IN THE SAME CONDITION TODAY...
BUT THEY WILL CHANGE...
Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

AGAIN i SAY ..JUDGE MY POST AND SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE OF THE WORD OF GOD

i HAVE VALIDATED MY POST FROM THE PROPHET ISAIAH,....JESUS IN JOHN ..

THE APOSTLE PAUL IN ACTS AND

THE PROPHET ZACHARIAH...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#520330 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...So you are saying Judas was a bad person.
. Weren't you taught Jesus came to earth to die for your sins?..Wasn't Jesus suppose to die? If Judas hadn't turned Jesus in, how was Jesus going to die for your sins?. There was no other plan that I am aware of..
.....Scriptures claim it was Gods will that Jesus die. Judas carried out Gods will. The crowd that supposedly screamed Jesus instead of Barabas, carried out Gods will. Right?
....Scriptures claim the small crowd was given a choice Jesus or Barabas right? What would have happened if the crowd changed their mind and they voted to set Jesus free?
...,,..,its all made up stuff, and when I die I will end up the same as you and everyone else.
using your own analogy - you're going to die, mikey, so what's the diff if you rot away through old age or if an intruder comes into your house, ties you all up and takes your family out one by one in front of each other???

aww...don't be a wussy, the intruder isn't being 'bad', he's just expediting the inevitable:-)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#520331 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How come every time a protestant pastor converts, you guys say "oh.....well... he wasn't really born again."
Because Jesus said you will know them by their fruit. He teaches a false gospel just like your church. Jumping from one false teaching to another. Lost and still lost....

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#520332 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not a fact. He is your BELIEF. That is what your religion calls it. That is what every religion calls what they practice, their belief.
In order to become a fact, it can no longer be just a belief. You have a belief, I have a belief.
....If one religion had the smoking gun of truth based on fact, then every
one would join that belief.
......Today 22% of the world is christian. 78% is not. Most were born into their faith from the cradle so most never personally discovered their belief themselves.
.....Today far less than half of worldwide roman catholics attend mandatory Sunday mass when required, and even less follow the sacraments.
....The two Paragraphs above are not my belief. They are the FACTS!
i have meticulously and miraculously preserved historical biographies of the words & life of Christ written by eyewitnesses who knew Him personally!

judas and mikey sitt'n in a tree...K I S S I N G.....;-)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#520333 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How come every time a protestant pastor converts, you guys say "oh.....well... he wasn't really born again."
Whatever false doctrines Eckman used to preach (whatever that is) it doesn't matter now. He's in the truth of the Catholic faith. And frankly Chuck, you're not in a position to say whether or not he was teaching a false gospel. Protestantland has no authority but who's ever reading the Bible. He read it and came up with X, you read it and came up with Z, Preston came up with something different than you two. None of ya can claim to be the authority. Jesus didn't set it up like that. Church came first, then Bible.
God came first ..then creation ...then the flood it was... Adam Noah Abraham Isaac and Jacob

the Joseph ..afterward came Moses and the Law...the law continued through the book of Malachi.and the gospels of Jesus until His death and resurrection..

none of the above thousands of years said any thing about a Roman catholic Church..

Neither did Jesus nor the Twelve Apostles...

Then The Roman Catholic church invents itself

attempts to nullify God's plan of salvation and change it to fit their whims

Call all the above witnesses liars and claim deed an title to God's plan of Salvation

Man your carnally minded leadership and yourself are surely headed for a rude awakening.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#520334 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Jesus said you will know them by their fruit. He teaches a false gospel just like your church. Jumping from one false teaching to another. Lost and still lost....
Who is it that can forgive sins Chuck?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#520335 Mar 11, 2014
Martin Luther was apparently fed up with the immorality of the sexually active popes ... so Martin started his own religion and became sexually active in his marriage to the lovely ex-nun.

How handy was THAT for Martin who got his self a piece of paper written by men that stated he was married, and in turn was then able to convince his self that he and his lovely ex-nun were both "right" with "God?"

AHHHH ... the games people play. Back in the cave-men days they had no wedding certificates, as apparently god's servants couldn't write.

No salvation for those poor people!!!

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#520336 Mar 11, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God came first ..then creation ...then the flood it was... Adam Noah Abraham Isaac and Jacob
the Joseph ..afterward came Moses and the Law...the law continued through the book of Malachi.and the gospels of Jesus until His death and resurrection..
none of the above thousands of years said any thing about a Roman catholic Church..
Neither did Jesus nor the Twelve Apostles...
Then The Roman Catholic church invents itself
attempts to nullify God's plan of salvation and change it to fit their whims
Call all the above witnesses liars and claim deed an title to God's plan of Salvation
Man your carnally minded leadership and yourself are surely headed for a rude awakening.
Now please preach us one the many Hindu versions ... for a change of pace.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#520337 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
MISTRANSLATED VERSES "REFERRING" TO JESUS
(The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin."
The Hebrew Almah, can also be translated as young woman. The Strong's Hebrew Lexicon notes "there is no instance where it can be proved that almah designates a young woman who is not a virgin."

So Jewish Scribes translated the Septuigant centuries before Jesus was born. Their translation into the Septuigant as parthemos is a precise meaning of Virgin. Who knew that the Jewish Scribes were really Christians who translated centuries after Christs death. Sounds a bit Mikey like. Did you read that in one of the fishwrap publications you are so fond of? lol The End
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#520338 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus ... but only if you "catch" him in the confessional.

When he's out and about, he could just as easily be playing with the Protestants.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#520339 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#520340 Mar 11, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I know Miguel....and they all have pierced my heart and has changed my life. I am no longer the woman that I once was. I can not bare this pain and sorrow any longer.I can not leave my house or even open up my lap top any longer. Some how, I must find the strength to go on. I cry myself to sleep wondering, how, how, how can this be happening to me and Nick?. Well, I know why to me,( I do tend to be a bit of a spit fire) but Nick?( such a calm and loving man) When I came to this forum I was 5 feet tall. I am now 3 feet tall. and can not see over the stirring wheel to drive my car. I have been knocked down a peg or two.( Well, an inch or two.) All I will ask from you Miguel is this. next week is my birthday. Can you send me a pillow.....
You're too much lady ..lol. needed a,chuckle today..

By the,way ..I hate time change!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#520341 Mar 11, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have meticulously and miraculously preserved historical biographies of the words & life of Christ written by eyewitnesses who knew Him personally!
It wasn't difficult for those with over-active imaginations and pens in hand to create flamboyant myths.

When will Santa be coming to bring you "presence?"
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#520342 Mar 11, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
ABOVE POST CONTINUED.
JESUS QUOTED ISAIAH IN
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Joh 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
Joh_12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
THE APOSTLE PAUL QUOTED iSAIAH
AND SAID THEY WERE STILL IN THIS CONDITION IN HIS DAY
Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word,
Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
THE JEWS ARE STILL IN THE SAME CONDITION TODAY...
BUT THEY WILL CHANGE...
Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
AGAIN i SAY ..JUDGE MY POST AND SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE OF THE WORD OF GOD
i HAVE VALIDATED MY POST FROM THE PROPHET ISAIAH,....JESUS IN JOHN ..
THE APOSTLE PAUL IN ACTS AND
THE PROPHET ZACHARIAH...
Rumor has it that if you don't stop using words of liars to keep repeating the lies, the powers that be are going to smite you.

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#520343 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa?
Alice Miller …“THOU SHALT NOT BE AWARE.” Society’s betrayal of the child…….

Fairy Tales

This and similar information awakened in me the image of wise forbears who lived at the beginning of human history. No one could tell me precisely when or where they lived, but it was certain that they possessed great insight into life, which they then transmitted to following generations. Unfortunately, their precious truths became more and more diluted in subsequent generations. I couldn’t understand why this was so. Why were our forebears wiser and better than we are here and now? In early times, God even found the Flood necessary because people had sinned so much and because apparently He couldn’t find a single person besides Noah who had pleased Him with his good sense and good deeds. All this contradicts the assumption that there was more wisdom to be found at the beginning of our history than there is now. I have already indicated in these pages that the wise and famous King Solomon wrote things that can now, thanks to the insights of our own century, be proven to be clearly false. Human history begins with the temptation to want to know, with punishment for being curious, with Abel being favored over Cain, Cain’s jealousy, and a series of bloody deeds. Even as a child I searched in vain for the wise people who were supposed to be found at the beginning of our history.
Michael

Canada

#520344 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your life...doesn't mean your posts make sense.
Unfortunately I'm dead right about your life in the catholic church eh Mike?
You did the best you could keeping their rules and traditions, it got old to you and you left. Never having a personal relationship with God.
Dead right he says!

Do you work at the carnival as a side show mind reader? You need to brush up on your skills.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#520345 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead right he says!
Do you work at the carnival as a side show mind reader? You need to brush up on your skills.
instead of dodging, go ahead and share your catholic experience...thanks

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#520346 Mar 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Martin Luther was apparently fed up with the immorality of the sexually active popes ... so Martin started his own religion and became sexually active in his marriage to the lovely ex-nun.
How handy was THAT for Martin who got his self a piece of paper written by men that stated he was married, and in turn was then able to convince his self that he and his lovely ex-nun were both "right" with "God?"
AHHHH ... the games people play. Back in the cave-men days they had no wedding certificates, as apparently god's servants couldn't write.
No salvation for those poor people!!!
"hisself"? Twice?

So, in your considered opinion, where they "right with God"?
Michael

Canada

#520347 Mar 11, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew Almah, can also be translated as young woman. The Strong's Hebrew Lexicon notes "there is no instance where it can be proved that almah designates a young woman who is not a virgin."
So Jewish Scribes translated the Septuigant centuries before Jesus was born. Their translation into the Septuigant as parthemos is a precise meaning of Virgin. Who knew that the Jewish Scribes were really Christians who translated centuries after Christs death. Sounds a bit Mikey like. Did you read that in one of the fishwrap publications you are so fond of? lol The End
........,Its inconceivable that the catholic church create Mary that she wouldn't engage in a normal healthy marital relationship, as the church teaches and encourages marriage and its normal sexual relationships through marriage as a church sacrament.

....Same with the nuns and catholic clergy. The church leaders encourage the sacrament of marriage, but the very clergy who preach this won't allow themselves the same privledge and forbid it.

....,you wonder why so many Catholics don't practice their faith anymore?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 5 hr Yeshua wasIS God ... 8
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web