Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#520271 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.,...throughout history there have been thousands of religious beliefs. Each one with their own flavor of rules and traditions. Each one promising a better life after this one, but ONLY if you follow their rules and traditions and worship their God.
......I am sure if we could go back far enough in time your own distant past relatives belonged to one or many of these religious beliefs.
Jews were polytheists before the break-away Jews became monotheist. Catholics were Jews before they became Catholics. Protestants were Catholics before they became Protestants. I suggest that religion could be followed in that way back to the caves when the first theologians were comparable in appearances to the hairy apes.
Michael

Canada

#520272 Mar 11, 2014
....If you belong to a religious belief, you are expected to practice the rules and traditions of that belief, or you have no business belonging. Makes sense right? Why would Jesus a practicing Jew, perform miracles for Jews, when Jewish customs and traditions claim those that claim they are performing miracles are committing sorcery.

......why would Jesus break the laws and traditions of his faith for 33 years that he practiced himself.

......does this sound like a son of God should be acting?

.....makes no common sense.

Quesnel, Canada

#520273 Mar 11, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
RELIGION... SUCH AS ROMAN CATHOLICISM ...
is going through a regimen of calisthenics and religious exercises
BUT
TRUE CHRISTIANITY
IS but
to establish a relationship with God the Father ..
.Through Jesus Christ his only begotten Son...
1Ti_4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
I suggest that you and your KJV make a grand pair of illusionists.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Douay-Rheims Onlyists have not gone to some of the extremes of King James Onlyists. For example, they do not claim, as do some King James Onlyists, that their preferred translation was made under divine inspiration.

©2002 by Catholic Answers, Inc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#520274 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Scriptures claim John Baptist lived his entire life a Jew, yet Christianity celebrates a christian saints day for him on august 29th........for John Baptist who was a practicing Jew.
CHRISTIANITY ..finds it's roots in Judaism...

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Christianity without the roots of Judaism ...Is like ROMAN CATHOLICISM....

IT IS AN EMPTY SHELL..
Liam

Chicago, IL

#520275 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...sorry Clay, in the TRUE Evangelical Christian world Pastor Elf Eckman does not teach the true gospel. Basically, doesn't say much for him joining the catholic church. He's as lost as the rest of you.
The only thing preventing most pastors from facing the truth is thier career. Thats the bottom line. They have no where else to go (so they think) that's why they plug their ears and often grow twice as bitter towards the Catholic Church. I honestly wouldn't want to be in their shoes. It's happening fast Chuck. The domino affect. Soon it'll just be you, confrint, Preston and old gee in the compound with your highlighted KJV, guns and canned goods.
Michael

Canada

#520276 Mar 11, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
SO YOU READ THE POST...WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS...
Which means you are not ignorant of the truth....YOU JUST REFUSE TO RECEIVE IT..
The PROPHECIES from the Bible (OLD TESTAMENT) ALONE that are being
fulfilled DAILY, should prove it's authenticity
with out question TO ANY INTELLIGENT person..
STUPIDITY HAS NO CURE...BUT IGNORANCE IS A CHOICE..
...,The Jews interpret the prophecies differently ...than you do....read the OT the way the Jews do.

........ Catholics interpret scriptures differently than you do, yet you both use the exact same inspired words of God to come to your own conflicting conclusions.(lol)

Interpretation!...Interpretati on!.,.Interpretation!

Quesnel, Canada

#520277 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You never had a relationship with God, you had religion and that's what you get at the catholic church.
Hilarious.

Martin Luther USED the same bible as did the pope to in turn start a FRESH religion.

Martin swore on the same bible that he told truth and only the truth according to God ... first when he was a supposed celibate Catholic monk ... and again when he became married to his ex-nun as a Protestant.

Apparently Martin changed the god's mind for him.

:)
Michael

Canada

#520278 Mar 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
True Christianity is about God's grace through faith. You keep saying rules and traditions because your catholic background is showing and you can't shake it.
You never had a relationship with God, you had religion and that's what you get at the catholic church.
...I am doing just fine, enjoying life everyday, but for some reason that bothers you.

...thanks for reading my posts.

Quesnel, Canada

#520279 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing preventing most pastors from facing the truth is thier career.
Why do you suppose so many Catholics followed Martin Luther when he started his new religion???

I suggest those men and women of the Catholic clergy wanted to get married and raise families and still be allowed to preach the supposed gospel.

Human nature will not deny itself of its pleasures ... religion or no religion.
Michael

Canada

#520280 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing preventing most pastors from facing the truth is thier career. Thats the bottom line. They have no where else to go (so they think) that's why they plug their ears and often grow twice as bitter towards the Catholic Church. I honestly wouldn't want to be in their shoes. It's happening fast Chuck. The domino affect. Soon it'll just be you, confrint, Preston and old gee in the compound with your highlighted KJV, guns and canned goods.
(Lol). right now you are the only catholic on this forum posting. Where are your! comrades?

...remember that song....... 1 is the loneliest number.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#520281 Mar 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what Elf Eckman teaching and then compare it to God's Word..doesn't match up. It makes sense for him to join, like the catholic church, his teachings contradict God's Word.

Like most things, I don't think you have a clue what he teaches. All you see is evangelical pastor joins catholic church.

Quesnel, Canada

#520282 Mar 11, 2014
OOPS ... SORRY ... women were not allowed to preach the "gospel" as they were considered to be too dumb to preach truth.

Of course that also came to men from god through divine inspiration.

Quesnel, Canada

#520283 Mar 11, 2014
So let's see now. Apparently the Catholics weren't divinely inspired to compile the new testament.

It follows then, that they inspired their selves ... or, I suggest that "conspired" would be a more fitting word.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Douay-Rheims Onlyists have not gone to some of the extremes of King James Onlyists. For example, they do not claim, as do some King James Onlyists, that their preferred translation was made under divine inspiration.

©2002 by Catholic Answers, Inc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Quesnel, Canada

#520284 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(Lol). right now you are the only catholic on this forum posting. Where are your! comrades?
...remember that song....... 1 is the loneliest number.
Robert F is sure to re-appear, but it's difficult to figure out if he's again a Catholic, as last he posted he was not Catholic or Protestant, but rather had found his Christian CENTER.

I look forward to his next "revelation."

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#520285 Mar 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I am doing just fine, enjoying life everyday, but for some reason that bothers you.
...thanks for reading my posts.
Enjoy your life...doesn't mean your posts make sense.

Unfortunately I'm dead right about your life in the catholic church eh Mike?

You did the best you could keeping their rules and traditions, it got old to you and you left. Never having a personal relationship with God.

Location hidden

#520286 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like he's asking for sources.
Surely you can plagiarize something, eh?
If "he" wants to see my sources, let "he" do what I did...search the net...

Location hidden

#520287 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin - Darrow
Your error has been corrected!!!! Whom is helping you?????

Quesnel, Canada

#520288 Mar 11, 2014
I wonder if Jesus had any misgivings about becoming a Catholic???

Surely when he was working the confessionals, forgiving sins of the Catholics, knowing that the Catholics were slaughtering the Jews, Jesus would have had a twinge of conscience here and there.

After all, the Catholics could beg Jesus for forgiveness ... but Jesus knew full well that ADONAI didn't favor the Catholics and therefore had no use for Jesus.

How awful that Jesus had nobody to forgive his own indiscretions of becoming a traitor to Judaism.

I'll bet more times than enough Jesus wished he had stayed PUT in his TEMPLE as a respected Jewish Rabbi ... King of the Jews.

Tongue in cheek
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#520289 Mar 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you already plagiarized a source, surely you can cite it now, eh dill-weed?

Quesnel, Canada

#520290 Mar 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you find truth on the "net?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 19 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web