Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688852 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#520106 Mar 10, 2014
And by the way, why would Jewish apostles ahead of time claim that a savior was coming to save only Catholics???

TINK about it!

Were they already in their mentalities traitors to Judaism?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#520107 Mar 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL. Yes it is over my head. It's also over Gods head as well. One must understand when scriptures are literal,figurative,allegorical ,metaphorical,figures of speech, Hebraisms,idioms etc, etc. This is what messes up so many believers and it has messed your mind up as well.
This 1000 year period that Christ shall reign on earth is LITERAL. Have you not read the 14th chapter of Zechariah where it tells us that when Christ returns His feet is gonna touch down that same day on Mt.Sion and the mountain is gonna split in two making a pathway to the east gate of the temple? I doubt that your teachers are capable of taking you to that depth in Gods word huh?
Oh Tony,

Are you trying to use this verse to say that Christ shall reign on the earth (literal)???

Zechariah 14:4

4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Oh my, my, my.....some more studying on your part is very necessary....

The time of trouble is the destruction of Jerusalem that took place in 70 AD.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#520108 Mar 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL. Yes it is over my head. It's also over Gods head as well. One must understand when scriptures are literal,figurative,allegorical ,metaphorical,figures of speech, Hebraisms,idioms etc, etc. This is what messes up so many believers and it has messed your mind up as well.
This 1000 year period that Christ shall reign on earth is LITERAL. Have you not read the 14th chapter of Zechariah where it tells us that when Christ returns His feet is gonna touch down that same day on Mt.Sion and the mountain is gonna split in two making a pathway to the east gate of the temple? I doubt that your teachers are capable of taking you to that depth in Gods word huh?
Matthew 24:15-22

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house.

18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak.

19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!

20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Zechariah 14 speaks of the Lord's people being able to escape the city.

Jesus would later speak of the same thing (listed above scriptures) when He spoke of the coming destruction of the city.

The Lord made a way for His people to escape.

It would all occur,

Look at what Jesus said, during that generation.

Matthew 24:34

34 Truly I tell you, <this generation> will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#520109 Mar 10, 2014
I don't believe in hell, so they could never scare me with such rubbish.

And I suggest they should not use the mythical "Christ" as a scapegoat for the lies perpetrated by the ex-Jew Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Now, my dear people, if the Catholic Church has fallen into error, then the gates of hell have prevailed against her. And if the gates of hell have prevailed against her, then Christ has not kept his promise. Then He has deceived us, and if He has deceived us, then He is an impostor! If He be an impostor, then He is not God, and if He be not God, then all Christianity is a cheat and an imposition.

http://www.drbo.org/church2.htm
Michael

Canada

#520110 Mar 10, 2014
truth wrote:
no micle i am very soon grandmother or grandfather
ie
You don't know if you are a grandmother or a grandfather??

Pull your pants down and take a good look, that might help you decide.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#520111 Mar 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Now, Tony......

Luke 24:44-48

44 He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,

47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, <<<<<beginning at Jerusalem.>>>>>

48 ~~~~~You are witnesses of these things.~~~~~

Even though the physical city of Jerusalem would be destroyed, this would not stop the advance of the spiritual city of Jerusalem and its cause.

Do you see it now Tony???
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#520112 Mar 10, 2014
When you didn't know any better than to support lies, you couldn't do any better.

But now that you know better and if you still don't do better, I suggest that your conscience (now activated) should cause you dis-ease as in disturbance within.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#520113 Mar 10, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 24:15-22
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—
16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house.
18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak.
19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!
20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.
21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
Zechariah 14 speaks of the Lord's people being able to escape the city.
Jesus would later speak of the same thing (listed above scriptures) when He spoke of the coming destruction of the city.
The Lord made a way for His people to escape.
It would all occur,
Look at what Jesus said, during that generation.
Matthew 24:34
34 Truly I tell you, <this generation> will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Men of the Catholic faith compiled all the data in the new testament.

They were shysters ... as were the authors of the KJV and all the authors of religious literature.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#520114 Mar 10, 2014
I suggest you should ask your selves ... "Was it the same creator that whispered messages in the ears of men when religion started way back in human history ... or is it a different creator?

If its the same creator ... then it whispered an awful pile of lies in the ears of countless men who referred to their selves as "knowing" theologians.
Michael

Canada

#520115 Mar 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Tink about it.
Mother Mary raised Jesus to adulthood in her own faith of Judaism, and now her image hangs in Catholic churches all over the world.
Why would she convert to Catholicism, and when did that occur??? Did she convert after Jesus converted to Catholicism in the river Jordan, or did she convert before Jesus and then lead him away from Judaism??? Who baptized Mary into the Catholic faith???
Bunkology
....and both son of God Jesus and mother of God Mary belonged to a religion their entire lives that did not believe in them. Who does that?

....imagine joining a club that has certain rules regulations, yet you decide you are not going to follow their rules and regulations.

..... Judaism did not believe in sons of god but every Saturday morning at the Jewish synagogue came young son of god jesus , mother Mary, and old stepfather Joseph all in tow to pray in a house of worship that does not believe in the son of God Jesus.

..,Christians will say Michael!.. Judaism is just the next step to Christianity. Its Judeo/christian.

...Tell that to a Jew and see what answer you get?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#520116 Mar 10, 2014
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann
It’s not easy to embarrass a theologian.
Michael

Canada

#520117 Mar 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Catholics won't say that Jesus IS Catholic, as they keep indicating that he is Jew ... but they mean by nationality. They don't mean that he is a Jew by his choice of religion. How could they admit to that their whole religion going down the toilet.
I suggest that had Jesus lived, he would have been a Jew by nationality, AND by religion.
He would never have left his high position of Rabboni (Great Jewish teacher of Judaism) to become a follower of John ... the baptizing Catholic.
That is simply common sense.
Once a Jew always a Jew. Once a Scotsman, forever a scotsman....
Michael

Canada

#520118 Mar 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Catholics won't say that Jesus IS Catholic, as they keep indicating that he is Jew .
He would never have left his high position of Rabboni (Great Jewish teacher of Judaism) to become a follower of John ... the baptizing Catholic.
That is simply common sense.
...Jesus can't be a catholic, catholics are FOLLOWERS of Christ. He can't follow himself.

....Ever notice all the pieces in the bible magically all come together no matter what other circumstanvpces occur.

....example, this guy John Baptist just happened to be in town near the river Jordan, and along comes Jesus. I could imagine Jesus would yell out...Hey! what are you doing? John would say are you Jesus my cousin? Jesus would say back? Why do you want to know that? John would say today is the day I am suppose to baptize you.. Jesus would say. Why? John would say because 40 years from now it will be recorded in a group of books called the NT. Jesus would say. Let's gettr run!

....Now what would have happened if Jesus was out of own that day? What would have happened if Jesus was walking 2 streets over and never saw John the baptist?........So many unanswered possibilities.
Michael

Canada

#520119 Mar 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not how they made him appear, its how his acting was. It sucked.
And btw, the image of Jesus changes slightly from nation to nation. Go into any Hispanic Church and Jesus resembles them. Europeans added a little more blond to Him.
I p
..that's ridiculous that image of Jesus changes in every nation you say.

....If you carried a picture of your father you might show someone what your dad looked like right? But if you went on a trip to China would you bring a picture of a chinaman and show people and say this is a picture of my father? Maybe you would (lol) but most wouldn't.. Your fathers image never chsnges., but for some strange reason people in other countries want Jesus to look like them....

.....makes no common sense.

...Why not have no picture or image at all if no one knew what he looked like.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#520120 Mar 10, 2014
Don't talk to the Devil.
[or his helpers]:D

http://www.romereports.com/pg156063-pope-s-an...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#520122 Mar 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Judas was a hero!
.......According to scriptures Judas turned Jesus into authorities so he could die for you sins. If Judas did not act, how would the authorities have gotten Jesus to the crucifixion? Without a Jesus being picked by the screaming crowd how would the Christianity ball have got rolling?
....If the crowd was given the choice Jesus or Barabas what would have happened if the crowd screamed Barabas. Scriptures claim the crowd was given a 50/50 choice. Heads or tails, Jesus or Barabas.
.....Sorry I don't believe the story.
....Judas performed the will of God. Jesus came to die for Your sins...(according to scriptures only) Right?
hi mikey - it won't be (relatively) long until you're with your buddy judas where you belong!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#520123 Mar 10, 2014
"We’re all drawn to the light of Christ! Even when he was a Baptist, Jamie Richardson said he always felt inexplicably drawn to the Catholic Church’s teachings. Find out what made him fully convert when he tells the story of his “Journey Home” to Host Marcus Grodi! Airs 8 p.m. ET, on Monday, March 10—exclusively on EWTN! Find EWTN near you using EWTN’s Channel Finder: "

http://www.ewtn.com/channelfinder/

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#520124 Mar 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I like discussions. Religion is a belief, a theory not a fact. In order to become a fact, it no longer is a belief.
Jesus is the savior for those in the west who believe. Allah is the savior for those in the east who believe........and thousands of years before these two saviors, other saviors gods/goddesses that resided in the same part of the world existed to those that believed.
...What will people believe in centuries from now?
Jesus is a FACT, but it's up to each individual to believe/trust in Him.

what YOU believe in lieu of God is a belief/theory, and whatever it is, it's obviously making you an ignorant azzhole;-)

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#520125 Mar 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says Catholic Church is right on Biblical interpretations.
Michael says..........Matthew 19:17 and he said unto him. Why callest thous me good? there is none good but ONE. That is God.
The man calls Jesus good, yet Jesus says don't call me good, call God good.
Is Jesus God or isn't he?
......something is terribly wrong Cly.
lol you make me laugh. Jesus is God on earth!
It is good you are reading Scriptures !

John 4:24

God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in Spirit and truth.”
* The woman said to him,“I know that the Messiah is coming, the one called the Anointed; when he comes, he will tell us everything.”
Jesus said to her,

“I

am

he,*

the one who is speaking with

you.”

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#520126 Mar 10, 2014
i WILL COPY AND PASTE THE scripture again..

SO THAT any one that reads it .....and disobeys it........when they stand before God ......They will not be able to say .... I DIDN'T KNOW...

~~~~~

Deu 4:11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
Deu 4:12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
Deu 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Deu 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
Deu 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
Deu 4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
Deu 4:17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,
Deu 4:18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Deu 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
Deu 4:20 But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.
Deu 4:21 Furthermore the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, and sware that I should not go over Jordan, and that I should not go in unto that good land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance:
Deu 4:22 But I must die in this land, I must not go over Jordan: but ye shall go over, and possess that good land.
Deu 4:23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.
Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Deu 4:25 When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD thy God, to provoke him to anger:
Deu 4:26 I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.

let me say ..just remember when you judge this post ....that ultimately GOD will judge you for you disobedience to HIS WORD..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web