Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627241 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519958 Mar 9, 2014
Was a man named Jesus really God?

From the scriptures Mark 24:32-36

36).......But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father ONLY.

If God is all knowing, and Jesus is God, doesn't Jesus fail that test? Shouldn't Jesus have ALSO known

Another example of Jesus just being a regular guy.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519959 Mar 9, 2014
In the old testament God says he is God dozens of times, yet the NT never once does Jesus say he is God. Scriptures claim he is the Son of man whatever that means.

......The OT testament says God does not change. I would think not.

.....makes no common sense, again!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#519960 Mar 9, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
After reading the article, I would say, that there are groups of people fighting, and killing each other, for territory. Once violence begins, it seems that reprisals ensue, and people from afar just support more violence. Christianity, which of course is downplayed by the Western Press, is always there to put a bad name on Christianity. I wondered how much they wrote on the hits squads from Chad and Sudan killing Christians in the CAR? In any case, I am sure you believe everything in the Canadian Press....hmmmm.
Do you think pope Leo Xth and Martin Luther were at war over territory, or over who had the right religion according to the supposed SAME god???

If you choose to keep being an idiot, that is your problem.

I suggest you do your homework from an objective point of view and learn something new for a change of pace.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..

Assessments of Martin Luther (1483—1546) vary widely, depending on the stance of the assessor. To Pope Leo X he was stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Martin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”

Prince George, Canada

#519961 Mar 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
Another example of Jesus just being a regular guy.
If he lived at all he was simply a traitor to the Jews who wanted to belong to a new cult of supposed truth-tellers.

Bunkology

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#519962 Mar 9, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow also rejects the apocrypha, which is just one more reason to accept it as part of the Canon of the Bible.
Christians reject it for 26 undeniable true reasons....Non Christians accept it as inspired gospel truth...what does that tell you????
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519963 Mar 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Catholic Church is right on in Biblical interpretations. You're just some guy in 21st century America who's reading some of our Bible and saying we're wrong.
Thanks be to God the Lord doesn't rely on Bible verse anarchy with men like you to convey His message to the world
Clay says: The catholic church is right on biblical interpretations.

Michael says. OK Liam. Throughout the NT it claims Jesus said several times that he was the SON OF MAN. He never said he was the son of God. Throughout the OT God often stated he was God

Psalms 146 says........."PUT NOT YOUR TRUST IN PRINCES, NOR ("IN THE "SON OF MAN") IN WHOM THERE IS NO HELP"

The OT tells us NOT to put our trust in the SON OF MAN, therefore Jesus who claimed to be the SON OF MAN in the NT is not God at all.

John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My DOCTRINE is NOT MINE, BUT HIS THAT SENT ME...

So everything Jesus had or owned was from God, including the miracles. If Jesus is God God needs no one to give him power, Jesus needs no one to tell him what to do.

Is Jesus God almighty or isn't he?

.......makes no common sense....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519964 Mar 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Catholic Church is right on in Biblical interpretations. You're just some guy in 21st century America who's reading some of our Bible and saying we're wrong.
Thanks be to God the Lord doesn't rely on Bible verse anarchy with men like you to convey His message to the world
Clay says Catholic Church is right on Biblical interpretations.

Michael says..........Matthew 19:17 and he said unto him. Why callest thous me good? there is none good but ONE. That is God.

The man calls Jesus good, yet Jesus says don't call me good, call God good.

Is Jesus God or isn't he?

......something is terribly wrong Cly.

Prince George, Canada

#519965 Mar 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
......The OT testament says God does not change. I would think not.
.....makes no common sense, again!
The monotheistic Jews created the one god dogma. It's certain that the Jews that believed that their god chose only them as his favorite few would not believe that the god changed his mind to at a later "date" become infatuated with the Catholic church fathers.

Ridiculous.

The Catholics tried to steal the god away from the monotheistic Jews. They pulled the same trick on the monotheistic Jews, as did the monotheistic Jews when they left polytheism and stole the gods of the polytheists Elohim, Jehovah, ADONAI and Yahweh and melded them into the image of the one god-dogma.

They were all thieves.

Prince George, Canada

#519966 Mar 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians reject it for 26 undeniable true reasons....Non Christians accept it as inspired gospel truth...what does that tell you????
It suggests to me that as do all preachers of religion, you pride your self in knowing the one and only truth in the universe.

Silly FOOL!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519967 Mar 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If he lived at all he was simply a traitor to the Jews who wanted to belong to a new cult of supposed truth-tellers.
Bunkology
The story of Jesus reminds me of the occupy movement that took over a park in Manhattan last year. 1%rs versus the 99%rs.

Scriptures claim Jesus tripped around Judea like a street person, flipping tables of those collecting taxes, and creating wealth. Much like the young people from NY mad at the stock brokers and other wealthy americans.

Isn't this what we are taught in school? Be the best you can be. Get an education to be successful.

....... Goes entirely against what Jesus stood for. A street person wearing sandals and a backpack trippin' around for handouts.

Prince George, Canada

#519968 Mar 9, 2014
Observe the leftovers of polytheism in Judaism. They couldn't decide on one title for their supposed monotheistic god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Isaiah 45:7 LEB
Lexham English Bible

[I] form light and [I] create darkness; [I] make peace and [I] create evil; I [am] Yahweh; [I] do all these [things].

Prince George, Canada

#519969 Mar 9, 2014
Polytheism in Judaism.

If it was a one-god-deal ... theology dictates that the god should have had ONE "HOLY" name ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot

2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_ ...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#519970 Mar 9, 2014
CLAYPOOL wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, its all pretty simple, provided you're not forcefully ignorant......
The Catholic Church claim: they are the ones who can verifiably trace their roots to Jesus Christ and the Church in Rome, established by Peter and Paul. The Bible developed over time, within the sacred traditions of the Church and their Bishops who's lineage was NEVER broken.
Verdict: Yes! It all checks out through historic fact, archeology and science.
Old gee and the modern protestant evangelical claim:
The small c catholic church is how it really was, then the Roman Empire infiltrated this small c church and altered the word of God...depriving the next 1600 yrs with a false gospel, which was restored once the born again movement began teaching the true Bible after it finally became available in print. Well not quite then....Luther and Calvin were still too Roman. They believed Mary was ever virgin. So the true bible Christians brought the right gospel a couple hundred yrs later.
Verdict: It doesn't check out. It's impossible. No normal archeologist or scientist would ever put their reputation on the line subscribing to your fantasy scenario.
Btw, on your first point.......the Bible wasn't put on paper until the 8th or 9th century. Any idea that men held bible study groups to decipher the REAL Christianity is only realistic to you and the other bible worshipers.
....You mean Jesus Christ the son of man. That is what he referred himself to when he lived according to the scriptures.

Prince George, Canada

#519971 Mar 9, 2014
As occurred all through history, any old fool or young fool could claim to preach universal truth and gather a following of other idiots.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#519972 Mar 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When pope Leo Xth and his gang of thugs fought against Marin Luther and his gang of thugs, the only way they could tell who the enemies were was by the military garbs that they wore.
They were all Catholics and ex-Catholics of the same skin-color ... fighting and killing over who the "god" loved, and who the "god" rejected.
And they all claimed that their messages of wisdom was inspired by the divine creator.
Religion is based on insanity.

Prince George, Canada

#519973 Mar 9, 2014
Billy Graham was one such fool, who for decades preached that only Christians could be saved.

Now he has changed his "sermon" as he now preaches that according to GOD people don't have to be Christian to go to "heaven."

And he has yet to apologize for what he believes was his "tiny error in judgment" of what the scriptures actually meant ... according to GOD.

Idiots abound.

Prince George, Canada

#519974 Mar 9, 2014
I'm so thankful that I never gave my ego free reign in the bible. There's no telling the harm I could have caused to other humans by believing I knew and was preaching truth.

I remember a woman of the Christian faith crying because she was certain that her relatives who were not Christian were going to go to hell. And on top of the belief, she was taught in her church that she would be able from heaven to see them ... lost and suffering eternally.

Nasty religious illusions are responsible for tremendous emotional and physical suffering.

Since I discarded religion, I have no more confusion concerning why none of it made any sense.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#519975 Mar 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Christians reject the apocrypha even though it has been part of the Bible Canon since before 400 AD. Martin Luther suggested removing it after about 1200 years of acceptance. Some Christians still retain it since it has withstood the test of time and is accepted by respected authorities of Scripture, though not by Oxbow. But Oxbow is not a respected authority on Scripture and has no respected source to support his claims.

Prince George, Canada

#519976 Mar 9, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oRdxUFDoQe0XX
For some reason my computer won't bring up that site.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#519977 Mar 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason my computer won't bring up that site.
It's possessed.

I'd pray to Jebus for it were I you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Fri huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 5 Gee Tee 9,892
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Feb 5 Dump Trump 1
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Feb 4 huey goins 3
News 500 years after reformation, Pope Francis knock... Feb 4 Listen to the Word 1
News Activists have immigrant message for pope Feb 3 wild child 1
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Feb 2 barefoot2626 1,955
More from around the web